• Show
Clear All

• Your location: Abbotsford (Vancouver), BC Canada

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: grass-fed butter only

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Performance, recovery for sport

Favorite exercise: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Supplement with weights/running/cross fit

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good every morning

Worst part about being Primal: Bread tastes awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• the Questions :

Your location: Lebanon, IL. USA

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: Full on

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Saw Mark on Joe Rogan.

Favorite exercise: Sprints

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: proven weight loss

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing ....

Comment

• Hey,

My name is Jay and I'm from Halifax, NS. I'm 38yo and just transitioning to primal. I'm a pretty healthy guy but always carry a little bit of fat and too often feel bloated from carbs which is why I'm transitioning. I do drink coffee with cream and sugar and will be tackling this next. I will be switching to green teas for my caffeine. Don't have a favourite primal food yet but I have seen some awesome recipes I want to try.

Thanks

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Finland (..in Northern Europe...)

Age (If you want): 48 (1967...-->)

How Primal are you: 70% (varies 50-95%)

Do you consume dairy: turkish yoghurt (10% fat), 1 glass sourmilk daily, coffee milk, butter, cream when ever its available with e.g. berries

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2 cups mornign coffee, 1-2 cups of tea during a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Originally problems with fueling the marathon runs (wannabe fat burning beast), gut&blood sugar sensitivity to processed s**t, previous probably contributed by celiac disease
          Favorite exercise: trail run !!! ( all forms of movement in nature)

Favorite Primal food: eggs (in all forms), (smoked)salmon, fried/wok weggies, berries

Best part about being Primal: staying healthier, staying awake afternoons, not regular meal dependent

Worst part about being Primal: nothing really, but I allow myself to slip when life hits too hard...

Comment

• My name is Joe I'm 40. Live in NY. 6' tall was 268lbs, now 259lbs. 48" chest, 40" waist. In 2011 I ran the NYC marathon. My weight dropped to 225lbs and my waist to a 34 but since then I've had several health issues and haven't been able to run. A friend recommended Mark's podcast with Joe Rogan. After listening to it I downloaded the Primal Blueprint and have been diligently following it for the last two weeks. I've lost almost 10lbs in that time but the pace has slowed. Is this typical? In any event, so far I've noticed a difference not only in my weight but my moods and energy levels have become more consistent. I'd say I'm 100% Primal but still learning. It's been great so far and I'm enjoying the changes and looking forward to more. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. MDA is extremely helpful. Thanks.

-JO

Comment

• Good afternoon y'all. I'm a 39 year old husband and father of one and I'm a primal noob. I've been heavy all my life and have been dieting off and on all my life. I've been able to lose a substantial amount of weight in the past, only to regain it and then some. I have noticed in the past few years that when I tighten up my diet and cut out most grains that the wheezing from my asthma goes away and the stiffness inn my joints subsides. Noticing this I began to think I am reacting to gluten. After seeing Mark on the Joe Rogan podcast and hearing Joe talk about how much he likes it, I decided to give it a go. As I mentioned in the beginning I am 39 years old. I am 6'4" and I weigh 820lbs, yes you read that right. I'm not the average person trying to lose weight. For me it is life and death, so I am committing myself to this 100%. I look forward to interacting with other members and I have a bunch of questions. The big one for me right now is figuring out how much protein, fat, and carbs i should be eating daily.

Comment

• Hello all!

The Questions:

Your location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

How Primal are you: 100% (starting week 2 today)

Do you consume dairy: yes (butter, heavy cream, cheese - organic)

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes (just started bulletproof this morning, also siphoned iced coffee and a nighttime tea)

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss and help with endurance runs

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: chicken liver!

Best part of being Primal: I feel that I can live this lifestyle

Worst part about being Primal: after 1 week staying under 50G carbs, I have not lost a pound or an inch!! Very frustrating!!!

Comment

• Hi any and everyone. My name is Dave and im not sure im primal. I think im mostly there at the least, since mid February. Ive been I hope im glad to be here. My hope is that i can help

The Questions:

Your location: Riverdale, NY

How Primal are you: unsure. Mostly, i think if not completely.

Do you consume dairy: Butter daily, whole milk plain grass fed yogurt maybe once a week. A couple of gulps of grass fed nonhomigonized whole milk occasionally, 0-2x per week when pouring my kids a glass of it. Ghee when i have/make it. Hardly ever cheese because i cannot find grass fed nor organic.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee a few times per week. Tea sometimes never in a week sometimes daily for weeks, but not tea from tea leaves i use various combinations of ginseng, whole peppercorn, fresh turmeric & ginger, oregano, mint leaves. Like that. Maybe i should drink real too too?

Motivator for switching to Primal: #1 health #2 weight loss and self image, but even those mostly as gauges of physical health. Ive always been overweight, at least slightly and usually more than that, and never felt quite healthy no matter what i ate nor how i approached exercise. I actually feel good now and better in control of myself.

Favorite exercise: walking and lifting heavy things

Favorite Primal food: wild alaskan salmon loaded with massive amounts of garlic and black pepper and butter

Best part of being Primal: This is where i was trending towards through my own life experiences and its great to find someone to offer a roadmap even if i only need the occasional signpost

Worst part about being Primal: severely restricted limit on fresh strawberries.

Comment

• Hello everyone! I am Mike from Texas. I came across this wonderful community by listening to Mark do a podcast with Joe Rogan. He captivated me from the start. I am one of these guys that has tried just about everything to lose the extra 80 lbs i've been carrying around all of adulthood. Even trying Vegan! Thank you for letting me into your community and thank you Mark for joining Joe Rogan for that podcast, without it I would still be in the dark. Also thanks for the Primal Blueprint, and setting me off on this journey to long lasting health!

How Primal are you: 100% for the last 7 days, 0% for everyday before that

Do you consume dairy: Butter, some cheese, Heavy Cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, unsweetened, i use MCT powder in my coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being fat and out of shape, i want to reinvent myself physically

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: i do an oven baked pork rib that is amazing

Best part about being Primal: knowing i'm investing in my future

Worst part about being Primal:nothing, i needed necessary changes, i hope this is the best thing to happen to me

Comment

• Name:
                      Maria
                      How primal am I:
                      I am SUPER primal when I commit to it. (except 2 packages of truvia)
                      Dairy:
                      The only dairy i have is in my coffee and it is Organic Heavy whipping cream
                      Coffee or tea:
                      Coffee drinker
                      Motivator of Primal:
                      Back to primal, I just need to refresh myself, when I did this back in 2010 I had dropped a lot of weight. Slowly but surely started eating non primal things every now and then and weight came back.
                      Exercise:
                      I love Barre
                      and whatever the Fitgirl gives me for the day
                      arms
                      legs
                      abs
                      Favorite foods:
                      All meats, coconut oil, almond flour tortillas
                      Best part of primal:
                      easy access to all foods, meats, vegetables
                      Worst part:
                      I miss rice

Comment

• Your location: Rochester NY

Age (If you want):19

How Primal are you:85%

Do you consume dairy: Feeta cheese or half and half. occacionally milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Both indeeed

Motivator for switching to Primal:Overal healt, weight loss and wanting to have a better and happier life.

Favorite exercise:I love Karate, though I haven't had time to practice. I play soccer and Quidditch (is a very intense co-ed full contact sport, extremley fun).

Favorite Primal food: beef in general and salmon.

Best part about being Primal:I feel great!

Worst part about being Primal: Cafeteria food is not always primal friendly, but i can find my way through it. I do have a nice cafeteria and decent meals at my school!
                        Last edited by Marialllg; 04-04-2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• I'm not really a newbie but I need to get back on the Primal Path.

I have Malignant Melanoma which is a pretty aggressive form of Cancer. I had a Seizure last Thanksgiving morning that I guess I was lucky to live through as I was driving by myself at the time. When it happened my left arm curled up and I went totally deaf but I was still able to pull over. PET Scan showed that I had four tumors in my brain. The Doctors performed Gamma Knife, Radiation and Immunotherapy. Google those if you want to learn more.

The therapy was working SO good that I had ANOTHER seizure about a month ago but believe it or not that was a result of my body healing itself and getting rid of the dead tumor cells. As you know the brain doesn't like to be pressured. My Doc is amazed at my recovery and says I don't even LOOK like I have Cancer. I attribute that to the food I eat.

But here's the problem:

They twice put me on a corticosteroid that made me gain 30 lbs in just a month because it made me wanna eat EVERYTHING! And I did.I went off it for a time and had lost 10 lbs but then I had the second seizure so I went back on it again but for a shorter time. That stuff makes you lose yer mind but you don't realize it because there's no narcotic effect. I only gained about 10 lbs the second time because I knew what I was in for but still I gained weight.

I'm about 220 now but I'm comfortable in the 185-190 range. I weigh myself once a week I'm not gaining any more weight. But I'm not losing any either. I'm also on these two medications that make me sleepy and I know I'm not exercising enough. So I need to back to Primal at least.

Anyway, I have real good insurance and I know I'm better off than our men and women who suffered terrible combat related injuries in Iraq and Afghanistan (or anywhere else) and have to deal with the V.A. So please, I'm not looking for a "Pity Party".
                          52 year old Male
                          Goal: 185lbs
                          April 10th: 220lbs

Comment

• Your location: United Kingdom

Age (If you want):28

How Primal are you:90% (just started so enthusiastic)

Do you consume dairy: cheese and natural yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: No (unless ill and then a tea of some sort)

Motivator for switching to Primal: desire to loose weight back to that of my early 20's, I suffer from IBS and acid reflux so I would also like to eradicate these issues

Favorite exercise: I play a lot of golf, enjoy my bike and lifting weights but have not done enough of this in recent years. this will be changing.

Favorite Primal food: Meat lover but I also love veg like broccoli and cauliflower.

Best part about being Primal: feeling much better, less bloated, I actually feel fuller for longer and the fullness is genuine, not a sugar based artificial one.

Worst part about being Primal: I don't feel its a bad thing, more difficult, but trying to grab food on the go becomes difficult. I will often just grab a salad and some sort of fresh meat but the pre-made stuff comes smothered in random sauces and I have no idea why all pre-made salads have to come with at least 50% carb composotion in the form of pasta or rice!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaleoPenn View Post
                              I'm not really a newbie but I need to get back on the Primal Path.

I have Malignant Melanoma which is a pretty aggressive form of Cancer.

Anyway, I have real good insurance and I know I'm better off than our men and women who suffered terrible combat related injuries in Iraq and Afghanistan (or anywhere else) and have to deal with the V.A. So please, I'm not looking for a "Pity Party".
                              Yeah for having good insurance. Hope you caught the Friday Success story about John a transplant survivor. He lost a significant amount of weight prior to this transplant. He has good information.

Welcome.
                              Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                              CW: 10-11-16: 144
                              GW: 130 a dream, I know
                              Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: I am about 80%. We eat very clean. We eat good healthy fats and make bone broth from grass fed beef. The 20% is my caving to some carb cravings.

Do you consume dairy: Yes - grass-fed butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Get healthier so I can stay active through my life.

Favorite exercise: Weights and yoga

Favorite Primal food: Meat and eggs.

Best part about being Primal: I feel, think and perform better.

Worst part about being Primal: Sugar cravings!!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                                X