X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Alabama USA

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you:Just starting out so the primal amount is to be determined

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I know that carbs and processed foods are my enemy. I simply don't feel good when I eat them. I want to feel good, I want to look good. I want to be healthy, and I would like to help others towards the same end.

Favorite exercise: I walk, swim, bike, and lift. Not sure I have a favorite. I would like to run a triathlon at some point just because.

Favorite Primal food: Meat. Tend to love beef. Nothing like a good steak.

Best part about being Primal: Waiting to see. I hope its feeling great

Worst part about being Primal: Guessing it will be eating out or with friends

Comment

• Your location: Texas, USA

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Moderately. 1-2 meals a day of mine are typically primal.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, yes. No caffeine since August 2014

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health issues (auto immune disorder) plus wanting to be in better shape, mind and body

Favorite exercise: inverted sit-ups

Favorite Primal food: grass fed steak, cooked rare

Best part about being Primal: I am still learning, but I feel 110% when I eat primal

Worst part about being Primal: Living in a state where fried everything is a thing

Comment

• Age (If you want): 39 and holding

How Primal are you: About 90%, grassfed isn't always in the budget and I haven't given up those little pink packets of artificial deliciousness in my tea

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Saw friends do it and saw the changes they experienced, need for asset reduction, tired of starving on low fat with low results

Favorite exercise: Tae Kwon Do or bag work

Favorite Primal food: RIBEYE

Best part about being Primal: Not being hungry 24/7 any more, dumping 70+ pounds

Worst part about being Primal: Listening to people trying to convince me that riced cauliflower tastes anything like frikkin rice. Or pasta. Or anything other than cauliflower.

Comment

• Your location: Los Angeles, California

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Very

Do you consume dairy: Only from non-homogenized whole milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mostly tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Im interested in the oldest known recipes and want to help my gut.

Favorite exercise: Kettlebell swing

Favorite Primal food: Bison

Best part about being Primal: You get to taste real food and expirement in the kitchen

Worst part about being Primal: When nobody else around you wants to be

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Good day everyone,

First time for me (being on this forum as well as starting the Primal lifestyle). Some additional information about me:

Your location: Pretoria, South Africa

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Just starting

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, black no sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal: I grew up quite traditionally eating home-cooked meals and having take-aways maybe once a month; never drinking soda drinks and having sweets once a week. I was quite active playing sports in school and never quite had a weight problem although I think my love for starchy, creamy and sweet stuff made me a bit more pudgy than my peers.

After I got married three years ago I adopted my husband's style of eating (he grew up where his family ate take-aways at least three times a week, polished a 2 liter Coke or more in a day and the portions were gigantic comparing to what I grew up with) and before I knew it I gained 20 kg and I had no idea how to get back to my previous weight.

It's obvious now why the weight came on, but I did not do anything about it until it was too late.

My main motivation for starting the primal lifestyle is to get back to my previous weight and develop a lifestyle where I could server as a better example of what health looks like to my baby daughter, my husband and our families.

Nothing will change, until I do!

Favorite exercise: I haven't stuck with a formal exercise program since school so I will need to work on starting up that again. But as for my likes and dislikes. I like non-competitive (unless it's competing with myself), and as much bang for my buck as possible (I'll rather go intense for a shorter period than stretch it out and have time to convince myself why it's not worth it). I believe Mark's suggestions on walking daily, lifting heavy three times a week and sprinting once a week will be easy to incorporate into my schedule and also to stick to.

Favorite Primal food: Everything. I LOVE food. And I love trying new food so my journey into primal food will be fun.

Best part about being Primal: The simplicity of it all and the fact that it's that logical. And it's fun (look better, feel better, become more social, become a better steward of your time and money and develop a sense of accomplishment, well-being and purpose)

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing bad about primal, just a few challenges. For me those challenges would include to develop my ability and liking to plan, prepare and serve meals that I both Primal and deliciously inventive (I've gotten quite lazy with cooking - that needs to change). The other challenge will be to start moving again - I can be quite comfortable sitting all day so it will take great motivation to get to the stage where it becomes a habit to move more than I sit.

I'm looking forward to this challenge and I trust it will be the start on a new path I will lead me and my family on.

Comment

• Just joined, Hello Everyone

Comment

• Hi everyone!! My name is Rita and I'm starting the 21-day transformation tomorrow!

Your location: southern Portugal

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: partially primal, but want to be more primal

Do you consume dairy: yes, no problems with cheese and greek yoghurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, herbal tea, sometime black tea; no coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I ate 90% primal during my summer vacation (1 month), felt wonderful and lost 3 kilos; I need to lose 2 or 3 more and I want that feeling again, that energy!

Favorite exercise: Yoga (I practise ashtanga, a very physically demanding type of yoga), walking, gym classes sometimes

Favorite Primal food: nuts, fruit, eggs

Best part about being Primal: the energy, not feeling bloated

Worst part about being Primal: not eating rice... I love rice...

Comment

• Your location:Brooklyn, NY USA

Age (If you want):31

How Primal are you:70/30

Do you consume dairy:yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:not often since going Paleo/Primal

Motivator for switching to Primal:Wanting to get control of my health and lose weight

Favorite exercise:Squats

Favorite Primal food:tie between Jerk Salmon and Bacon

Best part about being Primal:feeling better

Worst part about being Primal:missing pizza and temptation to cheat when eating out.

Comment

• Your location: Saint Augustine, Florida

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: newbie but hung ho

Do you consume dairy: Ghee

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight health, achy knees and female problems

Favorite exercise: walking light jogging

Favorite Primal food: avocado

Best part about being Primal: easily satisfied hunger.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss my bourbon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• How's it going rita?

Comment

• ...another wandering soul finding my way back to Paleo.

My health habits have improved over the years, though I haven't been around these pages for quite awhile. My diet has improved considerably, and much of that improvement is down to what I've learned from MDA and the paleo books. But I rather decided I had gotten as far as I could. I kicked my ice cream habit, which was a great victory, but still struggled. Recently I broke down and did something I probably should have done long ago, which is to take my still sickly and still fat after all these years body to a Naturopath/TCM practitioner. She prescribed herbs, moving around slowly, and a diet that is very like paleo with limited amounts of beans and rice. She sent me to an MD who told me that I wasn't going to beat my problems without getting and staying keto.

So, here I am again.

One of the other things this Naturopath told me to do was to run my 23andme DNA, then run that data through Genetic Genie and Prometheus and Amy Yasko's systems to see what issues they cough out. Well, true to her expectation, they coughed out a bunch. That bunch includes methylation defects, D receptor issues, and other things that I am guessing get kicked around here, or should.

So, I still hope I make it to a Friday success story, but I'm surely in competition for "took longest to finish".

Comment

• Hello everyone! My name is Jim, and the username / signature is the same name I used when I joined weightwatchers 10 years ago. It is my goal weight - 150 pounds. I currently weigh 178 pounds. Recently my weight has been as high as 184. I am on day 17 of my own 21 day challenge, which I learned from Mark's book Primal Endurance. I have lost about 4 pounds and I think I'm still detoxing from carbs!

I have a training question but I'm not sure this is the right place to post it...

Jimmy150
                          Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Oops, I didn't realize that there is a template for introducing myself - here goes:

In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Chicago NW Suburb

Age (If you want): 55 almost

How Primal are you: In the past 17 days, 98% primal diet. Working on the other stuff.

Do you consume dairy: Yup

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yup. Coffee with cream or butter or coconut oil or some combination

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight and be healthier

Favorite exercise: Running and barbell lifting

Favorite Primal food: Everything I try is awesome. Grilled meat of any kind. Hamburgers. Eggs.

Best part about being Primal: Not a slave to food and carbs.

Worst part about being Primal: It's hard to find primal options when out and about

Comment

• Your location: Los Angeles, CA

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 100% while eating at home (5 out of 7 days)

Do you consume dairy: Ghee and grass-fed butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: it's the only way

Favorite exercise: weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: all game meat

Best part about being Primal: motivation to seek out the best sources for healthy food

Worst part about being Primal: no more pasta and ice cream

Comment

• Your location: Southern Oregon

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: At this point, probably 80%. I'm trying not to cut out too much too fast! I'm hoping I can stick with it. So far so good!

Do you consume dairy: Yes - grass-fed butter, and I haven't quite kicked the half-and-half in my coffee yet. (But no more sugar! Hooray for small victories! )

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight, improve digestive issues, possibly even clear up some allergies

Favorite exercise: Weights

Favorite Primal food: Meat!! Any meat. Especially wild game.

Best part about being Primal: I can't BELIEVE how much better I've been sleeping. And I've only been at this a couple weeks!

Worst part about being Primal: Sugar cravings. Some days I feel like I'm going to DIE. (It gets better right?
                                IT HAS TO GET BETTER...)

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X