X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name: Ashley

Your location: South Mississippi

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: I'm just getting started so I can't say yet!

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes, not on a regular basis and when I do it's usually Greek yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea...I'm a southern girl so I love a good glass of sweet tea but I'm working on that!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, body image issues after having two kids, to set a good example of a healthy lifestyle for my daughter and son.

Favorite exercise: I love squats! I also love working my arms.

Favorite Primal food: I love steak!

Best part about being Primal: Like I said since I'm just getting started I can only say what I'm looking forward to. Overall being healthier, getting back to my ideal weight, having more energy and not dealing with food comas!

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining it to my husband and trying to get him onboard!

Ashley

Comment

• Your location: Los Angeles, CA

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Mostly, I eat rice on occasion.

Do you consume dairy: No, I have a casein allergy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Andropause at 30 due to insulin resistance, and bilateral varicoceles.

Favorite exercise: Squats and deadlifts, and martial arts

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: Meat

Worst part about being Primal: I love sweets
      Last edited by DrSchottDC; 11-06-2015, 07:04 PM. Reason: Didn't see the questions, sorry!

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Central Massachusetts, USA

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: semi, just started.

Do you consume dairy: some-I like greek yogurt, but thats about all the dairy I normally do.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. Black. No sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I work in a high stress by EXTREMELY static environment. I dont want to die in a chair

Favorite exercise: Walking in the woods.

Favorite Primal food: I eat eggs almost daily. So, I guess, eggs are

Best part about being Primal: I just started, so I dont have a best yet.

Worst part about being Primal: see above

Comment

• Hi Everybody, good to be here!

Your location: Cork, Ireland

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Just started, but already on low carb with a carb spike day once a week

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but only as cheese, and sometimes cottage cheese or sour cream. Very very rare occasions

Do you drink coffee or tea: I recently stopped with coffee, since I only drank it for the taste and it feels bad afterwards. Tea is my cup... of... well, tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Myself. I'm into wellness for 15 year now, been on the carb roller coaster for a long time, 30% body fat now, and not happy about it.

Favorite exercise: Pushups, but I haven't done all of the recommended exercises yet

Favorite Primal food: Meat. Mostly lighter ones, like chicken, or fishes (fish is meat, right?)

Best part about being Primal: Freedom, energy, and cheap.

Worst part about being Primal: ?

Comment

• Your location: New Mexico

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: 90 to 95%, trying to be strict while i burn much fat (2 months into the journey)

Do you consume dairy: Occasional heavy cream, occasional cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee with a little cream, and a drop of honey for sweetener.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sick of feeling tired, looking for a way to take control of my health.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Uncured bacon, baby!

Best part about being Primal: Massive increase in energy, no more random aches and pains.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing really.

Comment

• Hi, I am 71 days clean from a daily pot habit, getting divorced and I have fought a sugar addiction all my life. I also am beginning to have arthritis symptoms and I bet if I let go of sugar and grain carbs, and exercise, I will feel much better. I just moved next to a Costco so I can get protein, especially fish and seafood, for an affordable price. I joined a gym literally around the corner so I am set up to succeed. Hi all!

Comment

• The answers:

Your location: Beautiful Brackenfell outside of Cape Town, South Africa

Age (If you want): 41 (it still comes as a surprise to type that)

How Primal are you: Transitioning from gluten free to Primal over the last few weeks, I'm only on Chapter 3 of The Primal Blueprint and have a lot to learn but I've picked up the basics.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, a little milk in my tea or brewed coffee, very rarely yoghurt/cream/cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, tea and coffee, occasionally, only the brewed from the bean kind, not that instant tripe.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Heard about it from a friend, and after doing some research felt it was with alignment with my own desire to steer clear of processed foods and to eat a more natural diet.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Roast lamb seasoned with red wine salt, a side dish of sweet potatoes slow roasted in butter, cinnamon and coconut and a leafy green salad with avo.

Best part about being Primal: My stomach no longer grumbles like the bowels of an ancient galleon on a stormy sea.

Worst part about being Primal: Got a touch of low carb flu, like I said, early days.

Comment

• Your location:

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: To improve health and keep diabetes at bay (strong genetic family history)

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed Ribeye with roasted asparagus

Best part about being Primal: Food choices that leave me feeling great instead of fatigued

Worst part about being Primal: The price of real food

Comment

• Your location: Perth, Australia

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: I've been fully Primal since 2009 with a few brief deviations whilst on holiday etc. I'm brand new to this forum though

Do you consume dairy: I didn't consume any dairy except for butter and ghee for nearly 6 years, and recently added fermented dairy (cheese and yoghurt) back in, only to decide to cut it again when my skin and sinuses freaked out big time.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I absolutely love strong black coffee with no sugar. I would marry my Nespresso machine if possible.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was diagnosed with Coeliacs Disease in 2009, and my research on how to manage my health after my diagnosis quickly lead me to The Paleo Diet and The Primal Blueprint. I haven't looked back since!

Favorite exercise: Lifting heavy, walking, and stationary bike sprints because I'm too uncoordinated to do run sprints hahaha.

Favorite Primal food: My husband is a butcher, so delicious meat is a favourite of ours, especially beef. I'm forever experimenting with cooking techniques, so let me know if you need advice!

Best part about being Primal: The general great health and vitality that it provides is awesome. Also, I'm not gonna lie, the vain part of me thinks it's nice to look good in skinny jeans.

Worst part about being Primal: When I first started living this way, I hated having to explain my food and lifestyle choices to everyone around me and having to put up with the eye rolls and condescending behaviour. However, in the last few years Primal/Paleo has become much more mainstream, so I've noticed this less and less.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Cleveland OH

Comment

• I went primal about 80% about three years ago. I cut processed foods completely and avoided grains. This was out of health concerns and trying to keep myself physically fit after having breast cancer 7 years ago during which i went through chemo radiation and a mastectomy

Comment

• Now i have stage 4 breast cancer and have added my own homeopathic treatment because from a medical standpoint there were few options for me medically due to the brachial plexus tumor. Last Wed my doctor informed me that my tumor had outgrown its blood supply and begun collapsing on itself which i attribute to my high alkaline diet and my use of the near-infrared sauna

Comment

• Your location: Yorkshire, Gods county

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: I am English, of course

Motivator for switching to Primal: Years of abusing my body, never expected to get to 40, now wanting to go a lot longer.

Favorite exercise: Favourite? Do people enjoy exercise?

Favorite Primal food: Anything that once breathed

Best part about being Primal: Bacon

Worst part about being Primal: Cant think of anything

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                              In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Camas, WA USA

Age (If you want): 61

How Primal are you: Mostly been following the lifestyle on my own for several years but just learned its a community

Do you consume dairy:
                              Yes
                              Do you drink coffee or tea:
                              Both
                              Motivator for switching to Primal:
                              Life extension and LGN
                              Favorite exercise:
                              Power walking
                              Favorite Primal food:
                              Beets and their greens
                              Best part about being Primal:
                              Feeling 40
                              Worst part about being Primal:
                              I'll have to think about that a little longer 😳

Comment

• Your location: Virginia

Name Donnagail

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: heavy whipping cream in coffee, love my butter, and occasional pecorino romano cheese (and some other cheeses) for health benefits...love yogurt too but just too many carbs, so my go-to fermented foods are miso, kombucha and sauerkraut (unpasteurized of course)

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, green tea, herbal tea (yes, I gave up my southern sweet tea, so hard)

Motivator for switching to Primal: diabetes/cancer/weight issues

Favorite exercise: swimming/hiking, it's a tie

Favorite Primal food: the bone marrow and also the gelatinous stuff that cooks off the bone when making bone broth...I eat it when it's soft but before it dissolves, don't know why I love that stuff so much

Best part about being Primal: seeing my sugars go down, cravings subside, weight being lost

Worst part about being Primal: it's expensive to buy grass-fed meats and butters and such...and I love to eat, and when most of your calories are coming from fat, your portions have to be smaller, and that is hard for me...so since I can overdo it sometimes, I combine eating paleo/primal with intermittent fasting and I eat every other day

Comment

Working...
                                X