X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
    Your location: Sydney

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: About 70%. I'm sorted with the diet but have yet to work out how to fit enough exercise into my life (I have two special-needs kids, a new baby and a part time job).

Do you consume dairy: Cream in coffee, rare bit of cheese. And butter butter butter!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes and yes. They make me happy. 1 or 2 a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, weight loss, fix hormone issues, fix life-long chronic gut issues, feel energized, live a long and vigorous life and hope to be a fit and energetic grandmother one day. Looking good would be a well appreciated bonus.

Favorite exercise: Long walks and weight lifting using my children as weights.

Favorite Primal food: That's way too hard to narrow down.

Best part about being Primal: It feels great.

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling like a nuisance when someone cooks for me or when eating out with non-primal folk.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Your location: Central Illinoi

Age (If you want): 34 (on the verge of 35)

How Primal are you: Pretty much 100% right now, though I had one slip up last weekend where I had a vodka and water. Not a huge slip up but hey.

Do you consume dairy: Butter and extra sharp cheddar cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. I love coffee so though I have cut down I'm still having 1 or 2 cups a day but mostly just because of the taste and I like warm drinks. And tea is awesome in the evening.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Doc thought I might have an autoimmune disease and I was feeling generally horrible the last 6 months or so. Looked up diet changes for autoimmune diseases and here I am! I also need to lose weight to get to a healthy BMI. Happily after 3 weeks of primal I am only 10 pounds away from not being in the "overweight" category!

Favorite exercise: ROLLER DERBY!

Favorite Primal food: Bacon...

Best part about being Primal: My health symptoms have been greatly reduced, I'm finally starting to feel better and more like myself. Also I've started to notice the whole "regular mealtime" thing that Mark talked about. Originally I thought I would die if I tried to do any kind of meal skipping or IF lol.

Worst part about being Primal: Alcohol. I love booze and that's been the hardest thing for me.

Comment

• Your location: Maryland, US
        Age (If you want): 55
        How Primal are you: getting there
        Do you consume dairy: yogurt, butter, cream
        Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee and tea
        Motivator for switching to Primal: health
        Favorite exercise: yoga, weights, walking
        Favorite Primal food: beef
        Best part about being Primal: health
        Worst part about being Primal: so much to learn!

Comment

• Hi there:
          Beautiful Kelowna, BC, Canada - wine country, lake activities and world class skiing
          Mostly Primal
          Dairy is creme for coffee and Greek yogurt
          Coffe x 1 and tea x 1 day
          Health - Dad had a heart attack at 52
          Like treadmill - can just tune out, or if the weather is OK, and good hike with the dog
          Steak. Bring it on
          Health plz
          Lots of different approaches, all diet plan authors beieve they are right, even Vegan, which is ?

Comment

• Hello All!

I'm not one much for online forums, but I have been back and forth with making primal lifestyle changes for years and have decided to go all in. So here goes.

I'm 28

If I eat 20 meals a week, probably 16 of those are primal. So 80%.

I consume greek yogurt and raw organic cheese.

Coffee with coconut oil and almond milk every morning. Tea sometimes before bed (decaf).

My motivation comes from my obsession with wondering "what to eat" and "how to train" constantly. There is a ton of BS out there on the internet and this seems to be the best put together plan and community out there.

I lost 100lbs in 2013, gained some back, lost some back, got in shape, got out of shape.... I'm tired of yoyoing back and forth between what to do and how to eat and how to live. I need lifestyle changes and to form better habits and ways of thinking and this seems to be the best "blueprint" to follow.

Favorite exercise is the standing over head press. It just makes me feel powerful.

Favorite food has to be steak and potatoes (I know white potatoes are an item of controversy here :-0) or any type of roasted root veggie.

Best part about being Primal is learning to prepare delicious meats and veggies. And slowly becoming a wine/cheese/olive snob.

The worst part about being Primal is trying to convince my girlfriend and family that this way of life makes sense and that I'm not a crazy health enthusiast but I'm just tired of shoveling garbage down my throat and calling it "food".

Thanks to anyone who reads. It's nice to just get these thoughts out there.

-DrewMan

Comment

• Your location: U.S.A

Age (If you want):34

How Primal are you:ABOUT 80%

Do you consume dairy:grain ,green vege and egg and meat in one time meal

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes ,but i mostly like green tea with lemon

Motivator for switching to Primal:i want to be fit and healthy in the coming year,hope same for other.

Favorite exercise: yoga running and swimming twice a week

Favorite Primal food:green vegetables and meat

Best part about being Primal:I enjoy to eat

Worst part about being Primal:I feel the lack of other taste

Comment

• Your location: Temecula, CA
                Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: 90+% recently re-found Eat for Your Blood Type and that led me right to a Primal lifestyle and Mark! Yay!

Do you consume dairy: Not anymore

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: overall health and to get my birthday suit back

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hi from the UK

Your location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: 95% ( I allow myself the odd "error")

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying to alleviate problems from my Behçet's Disease

Favourite exercise: Walking

Favourite Primal food: Grass fed steak

Best part about being Primal: Feeling alive again

Worst part about being Primal: I'll get back to you on that one.....

Comment

• Hi all, I purchased Mark's book (Primal Blueprint) last month and I started reading it last week and it makes sense. I used to be slim in my younger days and whatever I ate had no effect on me at all. I was then injured at work, when working as a boilermaker; I changed careers into sales, high stress, low movement and my health deteriorated. I have been cycling for the past 3 years at approximately 120kms per week (which I won't stop) and I thought I ate reasonably well, though I do have my naughty days. The problem is, I'm overweight, nothing I have done to get myself back on track works. It is time to get serious as I am sick of feeling like crap.

Your location: Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia

How Primal are you: I'm not at the moment but I hope to start in the coming days. I just need to work on an eating plan as I am only about 20% into the Primal Blueprint.

Do you consume dairy: Yes and I will continue to do so after a 1 month break (in coffee).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, I thrive on the stuff. I am thinking of stopping for a month when I start eating Paleo, just to shake myself up.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I live a relatively healthy lifestyle, yet I am unable to lower my weight and ironically, I'm unhealthy. I met someone recently who changed their lives due to reading PB. The science behind it made sense and their positive outlook had me sold.

Favorite exercise:Cycling and kettle bell exercises. I also garden and work constantly around the house and yard.

Favorite Primal food: Yet to be determined, though I do love a great rare steak and all the other meat groups. I'm hoping to find a nice paleo curry.

Best part about being Primal: I hope I can soon say "being fit, slim & healthy".

Worst part about being Primal: I hope I can soon say "trying to explain my changed lifestyle and health to others".

Looking forward to my journey.

Mark
                    Last edited by Rocky Mark; 10-20-2015, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• Hi all, I live in Vancouver, Canada.

How Primal are you: not sure

Do you consume dairy: very little, milk and eggs

Do you drink coffee or tea: black and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: to live healthy

Favorite exercise: walk and hiking

Favorite Primal food: fruit and vegetables and nuts

Best part about being Primal: feel good

Comment

• Hi Mark
                        Please Investigate intermittent fasting combined with this healthy WOE. For me I IF daily using a 17/7 -I tend to eat low carb high fat daily coupled with IF -I stay lean without trying but never get hungry as plenty of healthy fat is where it's at!!
                        Wishing you the best

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Upstate NY

Age (If you want): 60

How Primal are you: 85%. I'm a newbie

Do you consume dairy: Greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 mug per day

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've lost 110 pounds high protein, low carb and fat. Moving into maintenance, I need something sustainable.

Favorite exercise: swimming

Favorite Primal food: salmon

Best part about being Primal: feeling strong and energized... being in tune with my mind and body.

Worst part about being Primal: I haven't identified a down side.

Comment

• Hi, I am introducing myself as it is obligatory. I am completely new to this whole thing. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hi everyone

Your location: Scotland

Age(if you want): 41

How primal are you: 5 days and 100% so far

Do you drink tea or coffee: Both just tried Marks coffee with raw eggs this morning......amazing

Motivator for switching to primal: I'm 4 foot 8 inches and 12 stone!!!!!! stomach, thyroid, and joint problems. Tierd of being tierd.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite primal food: Steak and eggs

Best part about being primal: Taking charge of my own health

Worst part about being primal: I have a very sweet tooth....hope this goes soon

Thanks, looking forward to chatting and getting support

Comment

• J C

Your location:AZ

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: I'm a survivor

Do you consume dairy: Cheese is a weakness

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Being one with nature

Favorite exercise: Sex

Favorite Primal food: Any food I personally harvest

Best part about being Primal: The yelling

Worst part about being Primal: No ice cream

Comment

Working...
                                X