• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location:
    Ohio, USA

Age (If you want):
    Getting close to 50

How Primal are you:
    Not sure how to answer. I do not intentionally follow a named diet. I just switched to eating low carbs and no processed foods. I end up on this site a lot when searching for information so I decided to finally join the forum.

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes but not much. I put heavy cream in my coffee, I cook with clarified butter and eat greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Again, not Primal per se but I wanted to lose weight and improve my biometric numbers. I achieved both goals.

Favorite exercise:
    Walking

Favorite Primal food:
    Probably eggs (is that primal?). I eat a fried egg (but I use clarified butter) every day.

Best part about being Primal:
    Again, not sure I am technically primal (sorry if I am in the wrong place) but I like what I have learned and very happy with the weight loss and improvements in my biometric numbers

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Lilburn, GA

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Better than most beginners

Do you consume dairy: No much at all.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Throughout my lif eI have been extremely active. Playing 5 sports per year from Middle school through High School and then colege football. Sports and physical activity have always been my outlet for anger, stress, etc but in 2003 I injured my back overseas during a military deployment and that physical activity came to a screaching halt. I am tired of being in pain and inactive so I've decided to focus primarily on diet/nutrition and rehab. Its been a battle with all the obstacles life can throw your way but I'm ready.

Favorite exercise: Burpees, squats, pull-ups

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: reconnecting with nature and who, in my mind, I am supposed ot be.

Worst part about being Primal: that first week when you cut pasta, breads, etc.

Comment

• I live in in New York

I am 61

I am new to the primal lifestyle

I eat cheese and yogurt

I drink coffee

metabolic syndrome, sleep apnea, fatty liver

bench press

steak is my favorite primal food for sure

I love eating animal protein

Not eating traditional desserts

Comment

• Okay, here goes something! I am brand new to the forums, but have been reading this wonderful blog for a while.

Your location: Manchester, UK

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: I am not new to primal, but I have a very hard time sticking to it. I am too easily swayed by sweet sugary foods and junk food. I am here for moral support and help more than anything else. Oh, and to contribute if I can!

Do you consume dairy: Absolutely. Love my milk, cheese and yoghurts.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to lose around 7-8 stone, and want to do it in a healthy way. After doing all my research I can, I have come to the conclusion that this is the best way.

Favorite exercise: Does slobbing on the couch count? No? OK, well, when I was trying to be healthier a while ago, I liked walking and when I have lost a bit, I am looking to do calisthenics as they seem to appeal to me more than going to the gym and feeling very out of place.

Favorite Primal food: Steak and eggs or salad

Best part about being Primal: You know what you are putting into your body and how it makes you feel.

Worst part about being Primal: Whenever there is some family occasion like a birthday or something, or a meal out - it can be hard to say no to the indulgences that people inevitably force upon you. It can make you feel like a bit of a social outcast sometimes. But, the benefits outweigh any sort of stigma that can be attached to you by others by miles!

Comment

• Hi,
            I'm new to the forum but have been watching for maybe a month or so.

I started following a primal/paleo way of eating at the end of July and in the first week I dropped 1.5 lbs but the following week I was away with work and put it all back on and then didnt commit the following week and so I've really got into this for the past 3 weeks but have not managed to fully follow the exercise plan as yet but am lifting heavy at least twice a week.

I have found this week (third week) that my already bloated stomach has got even worse and I'm not sure why.

I've also not noticed any change in either inches lost or scale weight in the 3 weeks ..... is this normal? when did you notice any change?, my carb intake is mainly from green veg, I eat eggs, fish, chicken, red meat but I do enjoy red wine with dinner and wondered if this was the reason I have not noticed a change???

I'm reading that calories dont matter but at 4'11, I dont have a massive amount to play around with and so am wondering if I need to seriously look at slashing calories??

Feeling a bit confused and disheartend

Comment

• Gerald Sebitlo

Your location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Starting out

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: My Dad passed on and part of the reason was his diet/lifestyle choices, with this I am deeply compelled to make the best choices when it comes to health and nutrition and also help others as well who may be ignorant or lack the motivation to make the needed changes to their lifestyles!
              A better, higher-quality and extended life are possible and easy to achieve with the right information and resources that are congruent with healthy eating

Favorite exercise: Running and Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Steak, Steak and more Steak

Best part about being Primal: Mental Clarity

Worst part about being Primal: Lack of takeaway paleo food

Comment

• Hi guys,

My name is Gus, I am a new member, and new to primal living. Some parts of my life are quite primal - I grew up on a farm in lowfelt of South Africa (where we did not have electricity for two years of my life) and I grew up around hunting (and hunt myself) but only in a sustainable manner (both in terms of species taken and utilization of meat). However, I now live in a city and I have become a massive sugar burner (have changed to a low carb high fat approach 3 weeks ago). I cam across MDA on Saturday and became so hooked that the work has ben piling up in front of me all day... I even bought the kindle edition of the book on sunday and my first pair of vibram fivefingers Any way, I look forward to interesting discussions on the forum, and I have proved the information asked below.

Cheers

Gus

Your location:Pretoria, South Africa (although I travel very often)
                How Primal are you: increasingly so (not primal at all a month ago)
                Do you consume dairy: cream and butter only
                Do you drink coffee or tea: only bulletproof coffee
                Motivator for switching to Primal: the reasoning is sound to me.
                Favorite exercise: rowing
                Favorite Primal food: steak
                Best part about being Primal: health
                Worst part about being Primal: striking a balance with modernity

Comment

• Hi All,

My name is Rymke, new to the site. 43, 160 lb and one kid.
                  I've been trying out a few recipes over the last month or so and now I feel maybe I can switch to a mostly primal diet. My goals are to finally lose the weight that during a few stressfull years have really gotten stuck. Also I've been wondering more and more about all this so called healthy food. All the successtories I've been reading that mention a lot of other positive effects to health got me to start trying.
                  What I think is hardest is to also feed a carb loving husband and child... It has proven to be quit easy to change what they eat for at least part of the week) since I do the cooking and making lunch (at least for kid), it's just I find it sooo much work.
                  Hopefully that will get easier.

Of to taking some before pictures

Comment

• Age (If you want): Young Adult

How Primal are you:

--Very...having been strict paleo for over a year, my eating has been quite clean.

Do you consume dairy:

--Grass Fed Whey Protein and butter on occasion

--Nope. Adrenal and thyroid weaknesses.

--Weight Gain, Blood sugar issues, hormal imbalances, major leaky gut, GI pain, etc...

Favorite exercise:

--running, but than is a no no right now. Body weight exercises and rebounding!

Favorite Primal food:

Just one?!
                    --Broccoli, Green Peas, sunflower butter with carrots, whey protein, almond milk, liver.

--Less GI pain.

Worst part about being Primal:

--Haven't really lost any weight. Still not as ripped as I'd like...well, at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                      In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: S. Cali

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you: Not...just starting due to suspicions of SIBO.

Do you consume dairy: Lactaid and hard cheese, as I've found out its legal for SIBO.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tumeric tea, which I was told is also good for SIBO. I might have a cup or two of coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I can't live like this anymore. All I do is cry and feel uncomfortable and have pain in my gut. I have to work 10 to 15 hour days at time, I can't afford to feel thisc way everyday. Right now it feels lihe I have a concrete block on my stomach. I'm miserable and aside from work have become a hermit. I never feel good, hardly ever. I can't even work out due to discomfort from the concrete elephant that's taken up residence in my stomach. I'm desperate. I need help from people who've been there.

Favorite exercise: Walking when I'm up to it. It used to be MMA.

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Don't know yet.

Comment

• Hello folks, my name is Kim and I'm not new to MDA or primal, but this is my first time registering and posting. I initially went primal in 2010 and lost 40 lbs, easily maintained this for three years. However recent illness and high-dose antibiotics, along with a highly stressful year and slip-ups that became the norm again, has found me back at that initial weight with 40 lbs to lose again. Devastated by this and the state of my body right now, but have been primal for a month again now and (although not yet losing weight) feeling much better. Looking for a support group and to start posting/journaling so I can tweak those areas that still aren't working for me.

The Questions:

Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: I'd like to believe I'm 80%...and according to my food journals I'm even higher most days.

Do you consume dairy: Only butter. Was still eating yougurt but have recently given up this as well in an effort to kick-start the weight loss.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee as it aggravates my hypothyroidism and skin conditions. Only herbal tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, weight loss, and wanting to stay healthy post-middle age.

Favorite exercise: Cycling with my puppy running beside the bike!

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: It feels natural and makes my body (and mind) feel great. It's wonderful when the food-obsessive thoughts leave me and when I can start to think of "food for function". Have known this feeling in the past when primal and eager for a return to that relief.

Worst part about being Primal: Socially it can be tricky at others' homes for dinner, and I do miss dairy.

Welcome to everyone else, and thanks for reading!

Comment

• Your location: Goffstown, New Hampshire

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Fairly Primal, its a learning curve for me, but I am LOVING the journey.

Do you consume dairy: Very little.

Do you drink coffee or tea: YES and YES.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Im sick of trying to do things the way that "Conventional Wisdom" puts forth and having no success. Ive had more luck in 2 months of going Primal than I have in 5 years of Conventional Wisdom.

Favorite exercise: Sprints

Favorite Primal food: Omelets with peppers and onions.

Best part about being Primal: The refreshed feeling and easy weight management.

Worst part about being Primal: No Traditional Pizza.

Comment

• Your location: United States

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: I'm new to this so I'm still phasing out my old eating habits.

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea occasionally.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Definitely the health benefits and to end this cycle of losing weight only to gain it back.

Favorite exercise: Swimming, walking, hiking.

Favorite Primal food: Mark's Cuban Picadillo.

Best part about being Primal: It doesn't feel like I'm punishing myself. I definitely don't starve and there's no rigid schedule to live within.

Worst part about being Primal: I really miss beans.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: The Netherlands

How Primal are you: Sinds today, I eat meat/vis, vegetables, fats (avocado, olive oil, olives, full fat cream) and a little bit of berries.

Do you consume dairy: nope, alleen de full fat cream.. but thaŽs really little ;-)

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes both

Motivator for switching to Primal: lots of problems with my bowels, sugar cravings ( a lot!), i also want to lose weight. But I mostly just dont want to think so much about food... and I have experience that since eating fat, my bowel work much more smootlhy.. I guees this was the element I have been missing for a really long time.

Favorite exercise: walking (for plesure, not jogging). IŽd like to try jogging but I dont know how I should start. Tips?

Favorite Primal food: fat :-) tasty! and makes me feel calm and fine.

Best part about being Primal: no cravings, energie.

Worst part about being Primal: not eating carbs :-( they also taste so good....

Comment

• Your Location: Long Island,NY

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
                                Considering it

Do you consume dairy:
                                0-1 servings

both

Experimentation to gain insight and share with others

Favorite exercise:
                                Deadlift

Favorite Primal food:
                                N/A
                                Hope to find out
                                Less hopeful to find out

Comment

Working...
                                X