How Primal are you: Very.

Do you consume dairy: Only raw dairy

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: wanted to feel better

Favorite exercise: I love all kinds

Favorite Primal food: Fatty pork belly

Best part about being Primal: Life

Worst part about being Primal: nothing
    Last edited by bisforbella; 06-11-2015, 02:33 AM.

Comment

• Your location: New York

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Starting Out.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying to get better

Favorite exercise: Walking

Worst part about being Primal: nothing

Comment

• Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Swings from Extremes

Do you consume dairy: Only nice cheese - and trying colostrum

Do you drink coffee or tea: herbal teas

Motivator for switching to Primal: anxiety/depression/psoriasis/digestive issues/energy levels

Favorite exercise: Dancing

Favorite Primal food: macadamia nuts/crispy roast chicken/sweet potato... um I love all food

Best part about being Primal: When I stick to it - I feel better!

Worst part about being Primal: All the dishes and all the cooking

Comment

• Your location: northwestern Ontario, Canada. Think cold and Mosquitos. (Also stunning lakes, forests, and wildlife)

Age (If you want): a little too close to 40 for my liking

How Primal are you: just a toe in the water (only 2 weeks in, but no grains, no sugar, back to lifting heavy things)

Do you consume dairy: only home made yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee. And suspicious of people who don't. But, as a recovered venti addict, limit to one magical mugful a day. I cannot fathom putting stuff in it, a la "bulletproof" style though. Straight, black goodness for me.

Motivator for switching to Primal: to get my body back in control of itself again

Favorite exercise: walking/hiking are so meditative for me. I've always felt like a wanderer that was born to walk. That being said, in the past, I've been known to enjoy a set of burpees or two.

Favorite Primal food: eggs. Avocados. Nuts. Fish. Ginormous salads. Goshdarnnnit, how can you pick just one? I'm an unabashed food lover.

Best part about being Primal: so far: the energy. And just feeling like me again. Well, that and feeling like I'm doing something that makes sense FOR ME.

Worst part about being Primal: still getting used to the fat thing, as my CW brain and my actual intelligent brain still need to work that out a bit.

Looking forward to learning from everyone, and hopefully sharing as time goes on

Comment

• Your location: South Pasadena, CA
            Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: I just started and I'm loving it- 23 days, 8 lbs lighter, and feeling healthier!

Do you consume dairy: Not since I started the lifestyle- used to a lot!

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink iced green tea almost everyday- non-sweetened. Since starting, I've drank maybe 3 cups of coffee- with coconut milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Aches and pains due to a "straight spine" (no curve), too many environmental allergies (dust, pollens, animal hair, etc.), and I'm also trying to lean up. I'm in good shape though I could lose that stubborn fat around the belly. I'm 5'9, and currently weight 174. I was 182 the day I started (I'm usually around 185).

Favorite exercise: Running, bench presses and squats

Favorite Primal food: Red Meat, Red meat, and red meat.

Best part about being Primal: Eating more NATURAL foods.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss pasta.

I recently had blood work done and due to my quest of being ever so healthier, my numbers have gone from bad to 'a little better' to optimal.
            Total Cholesterol: June 2015- 120, June 2014-144, June 2013-105
            HDL: 2015-38, 2014-30, 2013-27 (these numbers are low- working on getting it higher!)
            Triglycerides: 2015-101, 2014-162. 2013-260 (from high, to above normal, to perfect!)
            LDL: 2015-62, 2014-82, 2013-26
            Glucose: 2015-89, 2014-92, 2015-105

Comment

• In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Arkansas

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Learning

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, but I want to quit...again.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight Loss

Favorite exercise: Thinking...lol. Not good for the body. Oh, you meant "real" exercise. I used to run and dance.

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: I don't know yet. Just getting started.

Worst part about being Primal: ditto

Comment

• From Southern Indiana

HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN ON PRIMAL: About 1 week. but have lost 13 pounds in the last 3 weeks got kind of got a kick started with LCHF and drifted into MDA.
                Have looked at MDA off and on for about a year, just hadn't taken the plunge.

The Questions:

Your location: Southern Indiana not too far from Louisville

Age (If you want):55

How Primal are you: Trying to be keto perfect.

Do you consume dairy:Butter and temporarily cheese (until my home inventory of cheese is gone)

Do you drink coffee or tea:Black (all day long) going to cut down to just a morning cup.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose weight (Heaviest ever 256, currently 241)

Favorite exercise:Push mowing two acres and hiking

Favorite Primal food:All meats and Brussels sprouts

Best part about being Primal:Mentally feels like a sound plan

Worst part about being Primal: Spouse doesn't get it (yet)

Comment

• Love and Light

Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                  In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:Westchester NY

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:just getting started

Do you consume dairy: No Dairy

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:live to 130

Favorite exercise:Rebounding Rebounding and more Rebounding,Mountain Biking

Favorite Primal food:nuts

Best part about being Primal:not sure

Worst part about being Primal:
                  not sure

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Greenville, NC

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: pretty strict. If it causes a bad insulin reaction I won't eat/drink it.

Do you consume dairy: some grass fed hard cheese, butter ... I would do Greek yogurt if I could

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Insulin Resistance Syndrome

Favorite exercise: swimming, dance aerobics, weight training

Favorite Primal food: paleo macaroons

Best part about being Primal: no more debilitating system crashes

Worst part about being Primal: getting kitchen switched over and I hate eggs.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forumy

Comment

• Your location: Far Northern California

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: Heavy whipping cream and cheese only.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overweight, tired, sluggish, inflammation, feel like crap most of the time and want to change.

Favorite exercise: Squat.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon-this one is easy.

Best part about being Primal: Knowing I am treating my body right

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing so far.

Comment

• Your location: Cape Cod, MA ( I would like to meet other locals)

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: Mostly

Do you consume dairy: Very rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes one coffee with caffeine per day (some de-caf) and herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I did it without thought when I only had to feed myself and did not know for a couple of years that I was eating "primal"

Favorite exercise: SUP (I don't get to do it much because I don't own one yet)

Favorite Primal food: Chicken Liver wrapped in Bacon

Best part about being Primal: I like the food and the way I feel

Worst part about being Primal: Other people complaining about the way I eat. (You have to try this, You don't know what your are missing, etc., etc. etc.)

Comment

• Your location:Miami.FL

Age (If you want):41

How Primal are you:about 75%

Do you consume dairynly butter

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes both moderately

Motivator for switching to Primal:can't lose weight!!

Favorite exercise:yoga, running, walking, bike riding

Favorite Primal food:meat

Best part about being Primal:not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal:not sure yet

Comment

• Hi all
                            I'm new here and want to introduce myself

Your location: Sweden

Age (If you want): soon 49

How Primal are you: About 100% except I need to find more quality grassfed meat, and sometimes I have more than one glass of wine

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I started with LCHF (Low Carb high Fat) but since I don't eat dairy it's very similar to paleo/primal

Favorite exercise: walking with my dog by the sea

Favorite Primal food: meat I guess,

Best part about being Primal: Losing weight, it really works!! Slow but steady. For once I can start believing in losing weight again. I feel motivated. Also, my asthma and other allergy sympthomes are a lot better and also my IBS. And I haven't had any eczema since I quit dairy products.

Worst part about being Primal: There's a lot of food that I miss and I find it a bit hard to dine with friends since most of them are vegetarians and eat a lot of cheese and grains. On the other hand, those foods are bad for me and a bit addictive too, so I know that I need to stay away from them.
                            Last edited by bellefleur; 07-20-2015, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Your location: USA!

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: 95%, only because I still eat conventional bacon (organic pasture raised is just so darn expensive), but otherwise I only have grassfed beef, pasture raised chicken and eggs, pasture raised ground pork/sausage, grassfed dairy, organic vegetables & fruit, etc.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, but coffee every morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight Loss and Trying to Conceive (I have PCOS)

Favorite exercise: Walking my dog (corgi)

Favorite Primal food:Rare Steak or Baked Chicken Thigh

Best part about being Primal: Not counting calories

Worst part about being Primal: Food Source Guilt - I hope to move to pasture raised pork bacon soon; I do care alot about where my food comes from (I was vegan in my college years and a little bit beyond because of this issue, but all the processed foods and processed soy I ate really killed my body I think) so I love the primal philosophy, but pasture raised bacon is just so expensive. I probably just need to eat less of it, and when I do have it, shell out for the good stuff.

Comment

• Hi,

I'm in Scotland and am 33.

I have decided to take the plunge with paleo and see how I get on.

I lift heavy three times a week and am quite active.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X