X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Indiana

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: About half? I am sort of accidentally transitioning this week. I started back on whole foods last week, and went grocery shopping for this week, and then discovered primal. So I'm waiting until next week to be completely food primal, but in the meantime I'm eating eggs for breakfast/brunch and meat and veggies for dinner. I was already off pop, and don't eat much bread anyway, so it hasn't been hard. But now I have a brand new bag of wheat flour, and noodles and stuff that I don't know what to do with.

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally cheese in recipes, and creamer in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Too much

Motivator for switching to Primal: It makes sense. I spent hours yesterday on MDA reading articles, and I'm still working my way through them, but I love the concept. I've never been able to lose fat, but I've never cut out grains either, so it's worth a shot. And I hate structured workouts. And I want to be healthy for life.

Favorite exercise: Sprinting

Favorite Primal food: Brussels Sprouts

Best part about being Primal: Not having to be afraid of fat

Worst part about being Primal: I haven't found a worst part yet, but I think it will be hard to leave gravy and savory sauces behind. Unless there is a primal gravy?

Comment

• Introduction

Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: I consume vegetables but must avoid fruit because of my dental carries. In the past I binge eat fruit and have rotted away my teeth. I have seldom ate grains/wheat only when I've had to because there is nothing else when I'm out etc. but now I cannot eat this at all.

Nowadays I eat dairy a lot these consist of most of my intake. I also eat eggs and meat (I have never been a huge meat eater) and vegetables.

Do you consume dairy:Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: no it will rott my teeth unfortunately

Motivator for switching to Primal: discovered severely eroded teeth and switched from my diet of 50% fruit 20% junk food 25% vegetables 5% dairy/meat/eggs to what it is now (40% dairy, 30%vegetables, 15% eggs, 15% meat)

Favorite exercise: weight lifting and walking aswell as gymnastic type flexibility exercises

Favorite Primal food: I don't really like primal foods alone except for raw milk and buffalo and sheepsmilk yogurt. I tolerate primal foods, I enjoy them when I'm hungry which is most important.

Best part about being Primal: Maybe I can save my teeth. I believe in this lifestyle as truly the healthiest way to live.

Worst part about being Primal: I can never eat things I like anymore. Maybe I will get used to this.

Comment

• Your location: Sao Paulo-Brazil

Age (If you want):32

How Primal are you: about 90% wanting to become 100%

Do you consume dairy: yes, cheese and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: satiety, gut health, to lose fat and gain muscle

Favorite exercise: bodyweight, gymnastics

Favorite Primal food: omelette

Best part about being Primal: not counting calories, not being hungry and having very good results

Worst part about being Primal: social issues - parties, friends who like pizza and sweets

Comment

• Your location:Richmond, VA

Age (If you want):35

How Primal are you: at least 51%. I own and have read the first few pages of PB, as well as some posts on MDA. I have a couple other books I have to finish before I can resume PB. I have greatly reduced my grains for last 2 months (beer being the major exception, but that intake is down to just a few a week). I've changed from daily 6 egg white omelets to 3 (cage free) full egg omelets per day. I've been eating the "big ass salad" for lunch 6-7 days a week for the last 2 months or so. A nice hunk of meat + veggie for dinner. Desserts like ice cream are at most once a week. P90X-2 is my daily workout routine.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, milk, cheese and butter, but all organic, and grass-fed when I can find it.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee only.

Motivator for switching to Primal:Colleagues results.

Favorite exerciseushups or pullups.

Favorite Primal food:Steak.

Best part about being Primal:Eating a big steak and maintaining a 6 pack.

Worst part about being Primal: No beer allowed. I also miss "regular" pasta on occasion.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Huntsville, AL
            Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: just starting
            Do you consume dairy: sometimes
            Do you drink coffee or tea: yes mostly tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just want to lose 10 pounds and keep it forever and stay healthy for the rest of my life

Favorite exercise: weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: turkey fish, chicken, and steak

Best part about being Primal: I guess I'll find out soon.

Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Comment

• Your location: Los Angeles

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Just getting back on the wagon - but shooting for all the way

Do you consume dairy: Butter and some full-fat cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Only tea and then usually herbal

Motivator for switching to Primal: Grad school destroyed my health

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Filet mignon, medium rare

Best part about being Primal: Feeling awake and conscious again

Worst part about being Primal: Planning ahead (it's a good thing, but as a student it was just soooo easy to grab and go before)

Comment

• Your location: Jasper, GA

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Not very yet but I am just getting back to it.

Do you consume dairy: Butter often and full fat cheese sometimes ( I get it from the same farm I buy my beef. Much better than grocery store cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee is my one true love

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight and get healthy. I have been feeling really lousy and I know from brief attempts before that I feel so much better when eating primally.

Favorite exercise: It used to be Zumba but I have not been to the gym in a while. I hurt my back so no more hip shaking. I really need to get back to working on my core and my strength.

Favorite Primal food: So hard to choose. I love a good omelet with farm eggs with a bright orange yolk. And the sausage my farmer makes. Best sausage ever!

Best part about being Primal: Sleeping through the night. It is probably the thing I miss most. Something about a good nights sleep just makes everything else in life easier.

Worst part about being Primal: ?? Last time I was getting some leg cramps that I never quite worked out. I am hoping that doesn't happen again but I am taking a multi-vitamin now that I wasn't before so maybe it won't.
                LuJo

ďLet food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.Ē
                ― Hippocrates

Comment

• Hi,
                  My name is Lou, though I answer to NJ too. I live in Nottinghamshire, England and have briefly dabbled with clean eating/ PB last year but have now decided to give it a real chance and persevere through the first month.
                  I have several genetic predisposal including IBS, Colitis, Bowel Cancer, Osteoporosis, heart regulatory problems, celiac disease, eczema, asthma to name a few. I am very lucky to not have had many health problems so far considering my familyís history, I have however had my gall bladder removed and have very severe, debilitating stomach cramps and trapped wind like symptoms, which can last up to 72 hours. These episodes are infrequent (can be 3 months apart, occasionally will flare up several weeks in a row) I have noted grains and wheat play a big part. Vegetable oil seems also to be a trigger. I have been for blood tests and they have come back with no sensitivity to wheat or gluten but my experience of adult life tells me otherwise.
                  I am regularly screened for cancer (3 year scans and colonoscopy's) but I am pretty much convinced that all the chemicals and additives forced into food are not helping at all. Much support and advice required as I try and change my lifestyle.
                  The Questions:

Your location: Nottinghamshire, England

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you?: Iím trying though 100% seems way too far out of reach at the moment, maybe 80%

Do you consume dairy?: Yes I have milk in coffee 3 mugs per day (although trying to convert to almond milk). Iím also a fan of butter, slowly replacing with coconut oil and alternative fats.

Do you drink coffee or tea?: Both approx. 3 mugs per day total

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health primarily, weight loss would be very nice too

Favourite exercise: I run regularly usually 3 times a week, mixture of distance (at the moment no more than 7 miles), interval and hill runs. I have a place in the Great North Run, 2015 so will be training for this. I also love swimming, hiking and walking however donít have much time available for these.

Favourite Primal food: Coconut

Best part about being Primal: Feeling well and feeling full.

Worst part about being Primal: Craving sugar / alcohol.

Comment

• Your location: Coastal Bend of Texas

Age (If you want): 60 in two hours

How Primal are you: maybe 80%. If it weren't for Mexican food, it would be higher. Today I swore off tortilla chips, so it will get better. I bought a microwave veggie chip maker at Wal-Mart on sale for $3. If I take squash chips to the the Mexican restaurants, I can do pretty well. I've got the the local Vietnamese restaurant trained to use the shirataki noodles that I bring when they make my pho.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Organic coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: milestone birthday and not happy with my body

Favorite exercise: chin-ups

Favorite Primal food: avocados

Best part about being Primal: feeling better than I have in years

Worst part about being Primal: wondering what life would have been like if I started it years ago instead of weeks ago.
                    Last edited by spartan77; 05-15-2015, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Your location: STL, MO

Age (If you want): Too dang close to 35 ><

How Primal are you: At this exact moment - barely. Though I've been working on cutting down on processed foods, grains and sugars. The plan is to fully commit early next week.

Do you consume dairy: Very, very small amounts - usually heavy whipping cream in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: see above

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm not getting any younger and I'm genuinely tired of feeling like crap.

Favorite exercise: My elliptical

Favorite Primal food: plan ol' steak

Best part about being Primal: I'll let you know when I get there

Worst part about being Primal: Realizing that I have to learn to like foods I've been convinced I don't for a majority of my life

Comment

• Your location: Sao Jose dos Campos, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: I'm primal for a few months and still learning about it. I feel really good, but I think I can improve my daily menus.

Do you consume dairy: Rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee. 4 or 5 cups a week

Motivator for switching to Primal: It started in the beginning of the year. I was taking an online couse and there were an experiment to go primal for 1 day. I kinda enjoyed it and decided to keep eating like that for some time. I found it awesome and started to look for as many references as I could. Now I am still adapting the PB to my life and it feels really good!

Favorite exercise: Walking, Kick Boxing

Favorite Primal food: Meat!

Best part about being Primal: Eat without any calorie counting whenever I feel hungry.

Worst part about being Primal: I can't eat ice cream as much as I want.

Comment

• I would find it rude if I started a post to you all without saying hello,

So without further ado,

Hello..

Your location: Bristol, England

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: I'm adapting my lifestyle I only finished reading TPB last week

Do you consume dairy: At the moment yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Occasionally, mostly green/peppermint tea though

Motivator for switching to Primal: Healthier lifestyle

Favorite exercise: Probably bench press, but i'm not a t-shirt trainer

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I like cooking and it forces me to get creative

Worst part about being Primal: It's harder to be lazy and grab quick meals from the shops

Comment

• Hey everyone,
                            I been Primal for a few months now and am about to embark on the 21 day PB challenge. I'm starting a Journal and excited to challenge myself - with a husband and 4 kids this should be interesting.

Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: 100% in theory & meal prep. That missing 10%, is convenience foods when I am stressed, bored, happy & tired.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Even though I feel as though I have an intolerance to it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee! Coffee without milk? Not so sure this can be done........

Motivator for switching to Primal: Developed a disinterest of food & washing pots and pans. Grains just seem to add more dishes.
                            I was introduced to Primal by way of discovering nutritional Ketosis and having amazing results - CW really robs people of sanity when it comes to health and weight control. The PB workouts are similar to the way I intuitively workout so it just made since.

Favorite exercise: Weights, walks & interval training.

Favorite Primal food: Avocado, steak, Asparagus.

Best part about being Primal: Simplicity ! oh and knowing what feeling full actually feels like.

Worst part about being Primal: Learning to get around those days when you just need convenience food. But I'm up for this challenge.

Comment

• Your location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Age (If you want): 33 and loving it!

How Primal are you: At this point, about 95%

Do you consume dairy: Yes-cream in my daily coffee and the occasional pieces of cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes - about 1.5 cups/day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Initially weight-loss but now I want to just FEEL good-hopefully stabilize my hormones

Favorite exercise: Walking..I actually really dislike exercise at this point but later on I'm sure I'll grow to..tolerate it

Favorite Primal food: Anything meat. I'm a carny!

Best part about being Primal: Good-bye gas and bloat!

Worst part about being Primal: I sometimes really miss my chips, popcorn and chocolate

Comment

• Your location: Pakistan

Age (If you want): 17

How Primal are you: Mostly, no grains but for now a lot of fruit since i'm relatively new and i used to be a high sugar consumer

Do you consume dairy: Yes, mostly cheese, sometimes milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee sometimes to study

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overweight, heartburn, lack of energy

Favorite exercise: Pull Ups

Favorite Primal food: Chicken

Best part about being Primal: Energy that comes with it

Worst part about being Primal: Cultural diet revolves around grains so I have to hear criticism from everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X