Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone! I'm proud to say I've been primal for nearly 3 months now, and I can't go back.

Your location: Boulder, Colorado (current capital of cannabis cultivation)

How Primal are you: Totally, although one can get fairly Rabbinical/purist about it, and I am guilty of eating some "primal junk" like processed meats.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but much less. Before it was 2-3 glasses of milk a day (one of them chocolate) and lots of cheese. Now it's just unsweetened yogurt at breakfast and modest cheese. Dairy has always agreed with me.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nothing but water. Without sugar, no other beverages appeal.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of hypoglycemia, and want to avoid diabetes.

Favorite exercise: Bicycling. I'm in my 20th year as a bicycle commuter (after 5 I moved to Boulder to live a long life).

Favorite Primal food: Fried chicken skin, ribs, mushrooms in garlic butter

Best part about being Primal: Hypoglycemia is gone, lost 40 pounds in my first 80 days, no longer care when my next meal is coming, painless digestion, no more guilt while eating, only 3 meals a day instead of 4, etc.

Worst part about being Primal: Contemplating the vast array of foods that I no longer eat, and finding a decent restaurant.

Comment

• Hi I think I have an idea of what this is all about, but Ill read up more. I'm going to try & be disciplined so I can be fat adapted. So Ill be asking lots of questions because I need to get this right

The Questions:

Your location: Johannesburg -South Africa

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Im on & off...I dont consume any sugar and stay away from grains 80% of the time but I've never been able to give up my fruit

Do you consume dairy: yes, greek yoghurt & cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee... before my runs, black with butter & coconut oil. I dont enjoy it but I use it as fuel otherwise no tea or coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I need to be fat adapted for my running. Ive never done the carbo loading thing but Im have not been 100% commited so Im not fat adapted either. I need to get this right because I need to run my first marathon soon & I really dont want to run on carbs

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: I love meat! 😊

Best part about being Primal: when Ive been good I feel light & I love it

Worst part about being Primal:watching everyone eating cake & pastry

Comment

• Your location: Alabama

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes but thinking of cutting back.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Old Atkins follower. This makes so much more sense and is not nearly as dogmatic.

Favorite exercise: Gardening! It really can be hard work, great for upper body (hoeing, raking, tilling) and legs (squatting to plant seeds, pick veggies, and pulling weeds) and occasionally I even have to lift heavy things too. 6-8 hours a week, plus gym time too with strength training and slow cardio.

Favorite Primal food: All the veggies as they were so restricted on Atkins. Also fruit. I had fresh Pineapple last night for the first time in ten years and my eyes rolled back in my head from pleasure!

Best part about being Primal: More choices.

Worst part about being Primal: As with any sensible carb approach it is hard to do on the run. Best drive through choice so far is from Full Moon BBQ, get the Links and Cheese, it's two three ounce homemade pork sausages with a generous helping of homemade pimiento cheese. Hold the crackers.

Comment

How primal: just watched Fat Sick and Nearly Dead and have totally revamped my nutrition. I've started juicing but with a Vitamix blender so I keep all the fiber from the fruits and vegetables. When I eat I stick to the primal meal plan and things are coming together.

I do consume dairy in very limited amounts

I drink coffee, however since I've been juicing I have so much energy I'm drinking way less coffee. In fact I kind of drink it out of habit now. I much more prefer a kale based smoothie in the morning now

My motivation was I was tired of being tired and overweight. I watched joe cross' movie and figured what do I have to lose. Adding juice (not an extractor but keeping the pulp and fiber) has been a life changer. I'm not hungry, I have the energy everyone talks about and I'm down 5 pounds in a week and my psoriasis is almost gone!

Favorite exercise is surfing

Favorite food is steak!

Best part of being primal is feeling and being healthy and looking better than I did in high school

Worst part is that it takes quite a bit of time to prep some of this stuff and staying primal on the road.

Comment

• Your location: United States

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: 80-85% (it depends on the week)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, never had a problem with it (though I drink much less milk than I used to).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea everywhere

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and general weight management/fitness. Also the fact that its based on actual, iterative science and not money or dogmatic principles. Just makes sense...

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Butter

Best part about being Primal: Increased confidence, even energy and mood, personal control over my body and health

Worst part about being Primal: Eating primally without a lot of cheats when surrounded by other college students

Comment

How Primal are you: ?? Just started 3 days ago. Have been consistent with it. Getting to the right balance. I would say 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Butter, cream in my coffee, whole milk, aged cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Pre-diabetic state (as a nurse I know there is no such thing...I am diabetic, but in denial), my gut constantly hurts, and I generally feel like crap...being 60 pounds overweight. Feeling better is my main motivation.

Favorite exercise: Well, I am not there yet, so I don't know if I have a favorite. I have begun daily walks and leisure strolls with my husband

Favorite Primal food: Meat. Bacon. I love bacon. I love meat! Stop, I love veggies too. But I love meat.

Best part about being Primal: So far, I have found it easy. I get to eat and I don't feel like I am starved. And mostly...feeling empowered by the choice!

Worst part about being Primal: I am not sure. I thought I could try some quinoa (ok, not primal, but I thought I needed something...) QUINOA is EVIL, so that was hard. Working nights and trying to bring all my food with me, and still get in adequate protein & fats during the day when I am mostly sleeping. It is a challenge.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Binghamton,NY

Age (If you want):32

How Primal are you: 5%, I married an Italian woman who loves pasta and whose mother owns an Italian bakery. I'm addicted to sweets which I need to break as I have gained a lot of weight. I grew up poor so we only ate venison and what we grew so my diet has changed drastically.

Do you consume dairy: Yes; non-fat milk, greek yogurt, butter, ice cream, creme fresche, sour cream, bakery goods

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea (unsweetened only), DD Iced coffee though stopped recently

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overweight with high triglycerides, Main goal is to live healthy so I have more time with my daughter, son and wife. I need to lose weight

Favorite exercise: Weight Lifting

Favorite Primal food: Steak, Venison, fish, chicken, EGGS

Best part about being Primal: Just began

Worst part about being Primal:

I'm assuming it will be that my wife and daughter will eat totally different than myself. There is always temptations around because of my mother in law owning a bakery. My cupboards are filled with processed foods and my wife does not shop for food approved in the meal plan. I work first shift and my wife works second so I have no time to work out unless I get up at 5 am. I know what I have to do it is just difficult to do it. MY health needs to take first priority over my other projects. I hope to become motivated here. Thanks Bret

Comment

• Your location: United States

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: 85-90%

Do you consume dairy: Small amount of Kerrygold cheddar when making omelettes, other than that no.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: My brother made the switch and his results were incredible. After researching everything made sense.

Favorite exercise: T25

Favorite Primal food: Ghee

Best part about being Primal: Increased energy, clear head, fat loss (not a lot of weight loss but I'm down two belt notches)

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain to others why I'm not eating like them.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: NY

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: moderately
                    Do you consume dairy: ocassionally, Got to have my "Crack" creamer in my coffee everyday

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Dental health

Favorite exercise: Throwing 5 tons of cardboard down a hole in the floor everyday(oh wait, thats work so it doesn't count), none I guess

Favorite Primal food: Steak and Carrots fried in butter

Best part about being Primal: teeth don't hurt

Worst part about being Primal: losing wieght, if I lose any more, I'll cease existing

Comment

• Hi there😃my name's Shelley and I live in Norwich, UK

I'm 34 years old and am 80/20 Primal

Dairy: as far as dairy goes, I drink organic goats milk in my decaf, eat the occasion slice of Emmental cheese and in weekends indulge in a little Fage full fat Greek yoghurt

Tea/coffee: I'm definitely a coffee girl, Clipper organic decaf is my preferred brand, I also drink Twinings peppermint tea in the evenings

Motivator: Back in 2009-2010 I was a runner following the Atkins and was always fatigued, I randomly overheard a chap in the hairdressers who was talking to his hairdresser about the Primal Blueprint and how it had changed his life for the better, and how great he felt, so I got straight online that evening and bought it. I've been following MDA on and off ever since (I have the occasional blow-out for Christmas/Easter so sometimes jump on to the Atkins 14 days phase to kick-start ketosis, then switch back to Primal afterwards.

Exercise: I LOVE Kettlebells training, and get out for walks in the countryside on my lunch breaks as I work in a great rural location.

Best bits: I'm my most happiest/ motivated/leaner/healthier version of myself on the Primal diet. I love cooking from scratch and have a real passion for searching new recipes to try.

Worst part: there is no worst part, it's finally hitting main stream in the UK so it's now much easier to buy coconut oil, coconut flour, but butters, etc.
                      I just wish I didn't suffer from FMS so much (fink your missing somefink&#128540 as I love the primal way of life, sometimes I just have a nostalgic pang for fish and chips! But I'm working on it and I will win! 😀

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Sweden

Age (If you want):56

How Primal are you: Just started

Do you consume dairy: Yes I do

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Improve my health and lose weight

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: To eat clean

Worst part about being Primal: Carb flu

Comment

• Hello, people. My name's Art and I'm on Chapter 2 of Mark's book.

Your location:
                          Chicago

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
                          I roar at people if they make eye contact. I don't know how to answer this.

Do you consume dairy:
                          No the vast majority of the time

Do you drink coffee or tea:
                          I drink lots of different teas. Wait, is this bad?

Motivator for switching to Primal:
                          I've run my body into the ground at age 22 with various diets, drugs, and bodybuilding and have more or less come to the same conclusions this book preaches on my own.

Favorite exercise:
                          Pullup

Favorite Primal food:
                          That's a hard one. Eggs? Avocado? Does sauerkraut count?

Best part about being Primal:
                          Feeling and looking better every day

None. I've experienced enough bad shit for a lifetime. I'm done.

Comment

• Your location:
                            Philippines
                            Age (If you want):
                            How Primal are you:
                            70%
                            Do you consume dairy:
                            yes
                            Do you drink coffee or tea:
                            coffee
                            Motivator for switching to Primal:
                            My boyfriend and my self
                            Favorite exercise:
                            sit ups
                            Favorite Primal food:
                            meat and veggies
                            Best part about being Primal:
                            makes me feel healthy
                            none

Comment

• Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread

Your location: West Virginia

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: I have a good grasp on a few of the principles (lots of daily movement, lots of quality sleep, managing stress) and I *know* how to shop, cook, and eat Primally. I just have to freaking DO it. So I am, tomorrow. 21-Day TBT Challenge.

Do you consume dairy: I do, but very minimally. Grass-fed, cultured cheese. Sharpest cheddar I can find.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: so many; Sick of being depressed, tired of being tired, and damn it, I want to look great naked!

Favorite exercise: walking and squats

Favorite Primal food: steak! Also thankful I can still have a bit of cheese

Best part about being Primal: I've been low-carb and Paleo before, and have done 2 Whole 30s, but I am hoping the best (and most different) thing about Primal is that I don't have to worry so much about perfection. I can eat some 85% dark chocolate and not feel like I just killed a kitten.

Worst part about being Primal: Definitely dealing with the naysayers who are still convinced the SAD is the be-all end-all.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                              Last edited by Lisa2.12; 04-19-2015, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Your location: SoCal

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Went paleo 6 months ago and can't imagine going back to SAD! I eat about 50% organic. 90% of personal care products are primal approved. I have yet to switch to primal approved cleaning products. No grains/legumes/refined sugar/processed food. Still working on sleep and exercise routines.

Do you consume dairy: sparingly grass fed, raw, or organic cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaf only

Motivator for switching to Primal: overall health but specifically to fix my hormones/cycle

Favorite exercise: working on the 4 essential movements & hiking

Favorite Primal food: everything is better with bacon & I love all fruit

Best part about being Primal: Making and enjoying real food! No longer experience "hangry" episodes, or chronic headaches, or chronic shoulder pain. As a bonus I've lost 16 lbs. & have more energy than ever.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm discouraged at times over the sluggish improvement of my hormones.

Comment

Working...
                                X