X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Northern California

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: Going for the gusto

Do you consume dairy: Yes - we have a great source of fresh, raw milk and I make all sorts of homemade products from it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, coffee, and more coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: My 14 year old daughter is sick. She is a tiny, petite girl who has just been diagnosed with fatty liver disease. We have always eaten far more healthfully than most people, and yet she still has the food-related illness. The doctor's advice sounded WRONG to me, and I embarked on some research and discovered this site. I am personally about 35 pounds overweight, so I could do with some changes too. Mainly, I am switching with her, so that I can encourage her on a journey to healing. I can't sit there eating pasta and say, "Sorry, kid, it sucks to be you!"

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Cow

Best part about being Primal:So far, it's incredibly freakin' easy

Worst part about being Primal: Sugar, how do I mourn thee?

Comment

• Your location: Southern California (Los Angeles)

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: try 100% but realistically i am 80% primal

Do you consume dairy: Yes - only grass fed butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee minimally, tea often

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to feel awesome and look the way i feel. Family has lots of health issues including alzheimer's, diabetes, arthritis ect. Want to change my destiny and change it into a healthy long life.

Favorite exercise: swimming, hiking, running.

Favorite Primal food: Pig

Best part about being Primal: Its fun and i feel great!

Worst part about being Primal: going out with friends and having to plan eating ahead or checking the menu ahead of time.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hi all!

Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Been on Paleo diet for almost 2 years. Was advised to add in milk but that's going soon

Do you consume dairy: Yes, giving up again tomorrow

Do you drink coffee or tea: Giving up tomorrow

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. Big background, big problem.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Health

Worst part about being Primal: Little understanding about it in the community

Comment

• Your location: South Carolina

Age (If you want): 46 (This July)

How Primal are you: ummmm not sure but I love meat....and hunting....

Do you consume dairy: pretty sparingly....

Do you drink coffee or tea: COFFEE!!!

Motivator for switching to Primal: tired of being overweight

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I am a carnivore!

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure my wife will work with me on this......makes it difficult I am sure!

Comment

• Excited to be joining this group! Miranda, mom of 3, wife, fitness enthusiast, goal to be fitness figure shape. Most widely known role model: Ashley Horner, she is the main woman in fitness that led me to heighten my goals.

Your location:Owensboro, KY- US

Age (If you want):31

How Primal are you: 95% (VERY seldom cheats- regret after, but I love pizza...)

Do you consume dairy: only 3 kinds of cheeses- cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee....too much coffee....

Motivator for switching to Primal: started paleo, but found primal to fit me better. Health reasons led me to paleo/primal. Have been primal for over a year now. Initially lost 60 lbs just from diet change, and have continued due to overall health benefits!

Favorite exercise:weightlifting

Favorite Primal food:all?

Best part about being Primal:the overall health my body has gained

Worst part about being Primal:I miss the non-primal pizza
            Last edited by mirandapaleo83; 03-19-2015, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Hello. I learned about Mark Sisson from the Paleo Runner podcast. I am more interested in barefoot walking/running than the Paleo diet (I have not made the commitment to radically change my eating habits). I am sold on the benefits of barefoot walking. I am struggling with plantar issues and believe barefoot walking will correct my issues and prepare me for barefoot running. I am interested in barefoot running for foot and foundational strength. I believe this will make me a better and more efficient "shoe" runner.

The Questions:

Your location: Atlanta, GA

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Somewhat. I still enjoy junk food often.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but very little.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: foot weakness.

Favorite exercise: calisthenics, running, balance/stability exercises.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: The idea that you are preserving your health and well-being via quality eating.

Worst part about being Primal: No junk food is allowed. I like Chester's Hot Fries... a lot.

Comment

• New to the forum, been working towards primal for a while but hit a bit of a stale point so looking for a kick start, so will start with the questions outlined.

Your location: Canterbury (small city outside London) United Kingdom

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you: Hmmm bout 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, milk in tea, butter and Greek yoghurt mainly

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, tea - no coffee (hate the stuff!)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Initially it was weight loss

Favorite exercise: Squats

Favorite Primal food: That's a toughie - I just love food.....maybe lamb or maybe avocado

Best part about being Primal: Eating meat....lots of lovely meat

Worst part about being Primal: Prep - always having to think ahead and plan.

Comment

• Your location: Kansas City

Age (If you want): I am older than dirt, thanks for asking.

How Primal are you: I am again, so now that I am having all of my meals cooked by a "primal" chef, 99%.

Do you consume dairy: Heavy cream in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, two cups a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have terrible food allergies, but found while I was fighting cancer it was easier to just grab something easy. Primal is not easy when you are too tired to stand let alone prep, cook and then clean up afterward.

Favorite exercise: Walking and weight lifting............not in that order though.

Favorite Primal food: Beef.

Best part about being Primal: Sorry this is not an ad...really. I have found a local paleo meal delivery service that I love. He has taken this WOE and made it spectacular. Without him, I would of not returned to this WOE even though I feel so much better when I eat this way.

Worst part about being Primal: Attempting to eat out at a restaurant that is not paleo.

I think that this is my second intro, but was a couple of years since my last intro.

Comment

• We are in the process of moving from Sydney New South Wales to Townsville in Queensland but have stopped on the way in a small town called Taree for 3months.
                    I am 68 and my wife is 67. Not fully; we eat high fat low carb - pretty much no carb except what we get from a little milk and leafy vegetables.
                    We consume small amount so of cheese, milk and cream and do have one or 2 coffees per day as we have a very smart coffee machine that makes the greatest coffee imaginable.
                    Our motivation to going primal is to take control of a long standing Type 2 diabetes. While we have lost weight, we are still hing issues with high blood sugar. We think we are experiencing glycogenesis because our blood sugars are stubbornly high.
                    We both love cycling and do a few HIIT sessions per week. We also walk for about an hour on the beach each night with our dogs; two awesome Cavaliers called Mr Ted and Miss Jenna. We also do some basic strength exercises every day, sit ups, squats and using an elastic stretch device to exercise our arms.
                    We both enjoy butter, lamb and vegetables.
                    The best part is the amazing energy and the "feel good" result. The weight loss (continuing). I am down from 93kg 6 weeks ago to 87kg and my wife is down from 83kg to 78kg.
                    The worst part is not being able to go out for a meal or a coffee at times and putting up with the strange looks from relatives and acquaintances.
                    If anyone has advice on how to get rid of glycogenesis or at least minimise it, I would love to hear from you. By the way we have stopped our medication for diabetes because of the side effects and are experimenting to see if we can cure our diabetes with the primal diet, losing weight and exercising. So far we feel great but our high sugar levels are a concern.

Comment

• Hi all, I'm new. I've been reading primal literature on and off for about a year and felt better the last time I tried this for a short period of time (3 months). I'm going to try doing it again for a more extended lifestyle change and figured having a place to talk about it would be good.

The Questions:

Your location: Chicago

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Not really sure. I'm going to do the 21 day full out primal thing to the best of my ability. Cheese is my favorite food ever though so it could be harder than I think.

Do you consume dairy: See the cheese concern above. I'm going to include grass fed butter because I love cooking with butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. Black.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I felt better the last time I did it and I'd like to see if I can do it for longer. I'm in the middle of a life reset (changing careers, moving, etc.) so I figured this was a good addition.

Favorite exercise: *sigh* I really love running! I know, chronic cardio not good...I don't run super far though, the longest I've ever run is a half marathon, I've done 7. I find that a nice 3-5 mile low key jog is awesome for my outlook, however.

Favorite Primal food: bacon. It makes up for literally everything else we don't get.

Best part about being Primal: TBD...(I'll fill this in later, I'm sure)

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out and traveling is wicked hard. I need to get better at it.

Comment

• Your location:

Europe

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Not Yet

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Yes coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Not yet

Favorite exercise:

Running, martial arts

Favorite Primal food:

All

Best part about being Primal:

Makes me feel good

Worst part about being Primal:

None

Comment

• Hello all! I'm not super new to the idea of Primal but I'm new to trying it consistently! I started the 21-Day Challenge today and my husband and son will be joining me.

The Questions:

Your location: Oxnard, California

Age (If you want): 30 something

How Primal are you: Semi

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and being healthier

Favorite exercise: Yoga

Favorite Primal food: TBD

Best part about being Primal: We'll see...

Worst part about being Primal: Cooking. I. Hate. Cooking.

Comment

• Hi Everyone, long time lurker and decided to join to get some community input on questions and frustrations I have -- until then:

Your location: NJ, USA.

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Haven't started.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Sometimes, but irregularly. I drink tea more often than coffee when I drink anything.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Growing amount of research and studies, and the benefits.

Favorite exercise: Ideally I'd like to just play sports, though I'm not very good at any one sport. It's a little difficult to get everyone together for a game, so I try to stay active by doing something at the gym.

Favorite Primal food: Probably chicken.

Best part about being Primal: Emphasis on staying healthy and active.

Worst part about being Primal: Potential social stigma...but it will be overcome.

Comment

• In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: South Florida

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: Well, I was about 90% Primal about a year ago but I lost my way. I am back. When I was Primal I felt GREAT.

Do you consume dairy: I love dairy but I need to cut back.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee! Yes! Black!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Feeling like crap all of the time.

Favorite exercise: crossfit and HIIT

Favorite Primal food: steak and ribs

Best part about being Primal: having energy and mental focus. Being lean.

Worst part about being Primal: nothing once your carb cravings go away.

It is great to be back!

Comment

• Hiya, I'm new here in fact I'm new to primal eating, but there you go. I will try to answer the designated questions as best I can.

Your location: UK

Age (If you want): A lady never tells

How Primal are you: pretty ferocious

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: it makes intuitive sense

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: not sure yet - yet to discover

Best part about being Primal: digestion is better

Worst part about being Primal: I'm an ex-chocoholic. I miss sugar.

There you go. Don't judge me too harshly!

Comment

Working...
                                X