X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Ireland

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Day 3!!! Sticking to it pretty much so far I think. I was glad to read certain thing like a small amount of honey is ok and I'm already contemplating having white potatoes once a week. I'm still learning though. I probaly run too much though.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Milk in tea and Coffee. Butter, cheese, cream and all that good stuff.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It was recommended to me by my physical therapist. As a runner who seems to be constantly injured and seems to have a lot of systemic inflammation issues he thought this might help. Also attracted by the idea of teaching my body to burn fat as fuel for endurance events (not strictly Primal but if it wasn't for injuries gotten in training for these events I would have never ended up here so here goes).

Favourite exercise: Running. Running fast. Running easy. Running long. Did I say I liked running?

Favourite Primal food: Either before or after Primal it is and always was a nice rare fatty Irish Rib eye steak (now available in the United States after many years of absence.

Best part about being Primal: I let you know in a few weeks

Worst part about being Primal: No bread. I love bread. I love wholemeal bread even more. No sugar either. I'm seriously lacking in calories today (about 1300 calories according to Paleo tracker) and thats after three meals, and a 5 mile run this morning! Work is going to be hard until I get used to this. I work 12 hour shifts. The canteen does roast meat and veggies most days but the portions are small and it looks like nothing without a big feed of spuds on the plate. I have to find something to replace my evening sandwich as well - I can see myself getting sick of Salad very quickly. I have a couple of hours a home this evening to get food ready for tomorrow and then its bed and back up again. Very little chill time.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location:

Australia

Age (If you want):54

How Primal are you:

I went paleo about 2 years ago and found myself cooking too many yummy desserts for the family. In February last year I did a whole 30 which was wonderful. I lost 7 kgs but went on holiday shortly after and regained it back. Since November last year I have been lchf but mostly OKL... Im not losing anything which is really frustrating. I can get my carbs down to about 20gm a day and into ketosis but don't stay there for very long. My issue with this way of eating has been fruit. Its summer here and I have the most awesome peacherine and plum x nectarine trees. Staying away from them is virtually impossible as I hate wastage.

Do you consume dairy: yes. Im a dairy farmer so raw milk, cream and home made cheeses are available, although Im not a huge consumer of milk I do use cream in my coffee ( 2 a day)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee 2 a day and tea is either rooibos, green tea with mint or straight mint

Motivator for switching to Primal:

I have my own veggie garden and being farmers we kill our own meat so it makes sense to eat real foods. I REALLY WANT TO LOSE THIS EXTRA WEIGHT. but feel I need a better guide with specific macros to start on. Haven't found them other than protein 1.6 gm - kg in weight...but would like an estimate for fat intake..

Favorite exercise:

I have been doing pilates for about years and I walk 3 times a week at least. I care for an adult daughter who has a disability so I am on the move non stop in the mornings getting her ready. On average (I've lost my fit zip) I would walk about 12,000 steps

Favorite Primal food: Sirloin Steak, Fresh Salmon and I love salads where I just toss whats in the garden in and then make a balsamic dressing

Best part about being Primal:

Its easy with available food. I use what I have and I don't buy anything in a package

Worst part about being Primal:

Not baking fresh breads and biscuits. I haven't looked into healthy snack recipes.. but since abusing them doing paleo I happy not to look for them unless the family is asking for a treat

Comment

• Hello, found this site today and, quite simply, I am trying to save my life. I'm 6'4" tall and weigh just over 325 lbs. (193cm 148kilos) I recently had a diagnostic test where I sat in a egg shaped booth and had my body fat percentage measured. Trying to find the printout with the actual number but, at this time, I'll just say my body fat percentage is extremely high. I look forward to learning about and implementing a nutrition plan and physical exercise that will guide me towards a healthier existence.
        Glad to be here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
          In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Midwest

Age (If you want):55

How Primal are you: New to primal, although I did Atkins 15 years ago.

Do you consume dairy: rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, black, ~24 oz. a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight and falling asleep often.

Favorite exercise: Now? Walking/hiking

Favorite Primal food: vegetables cooked with olive oil and garlic

Best part about being Primal: unknown. I'm new.

Worst part about being Primal:
          Fast food is very convenient.

Comment

• Your location: Southern California

Age (If you want): Almost 30

How Primal are you: No idea, considering the severe restrictions on my diet.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm not sure I'm a good fit but since I'm so limited I need to find all the resources I can for new food ideas, and I'm hoping to stop being sick all the time

Favorite exercise: swimming

Favorite Primal food: Chicken?

Best part about being Primal: Healthier?

Worst part about being Primal: I don't know yet

I should say that I've seen a few allergists, nutritionists, dieticians, taken classes, etc because I'm lucky enough to be allergic to all plant matter. I cannot have any fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, grains... nothing that comes from a plant, not even tea or seasonings. I even break out if I so much as touch a tree, or smell a banana. Recently I was told to avoid all allergens, and now it's including things that have corn starch or corn syrup, or soy lecithin (so no sliced lunch meats or canned chicken anymore, no sausage...). I'm going to be trying to stick to this strict diet with no cheating and see if I can stop feeling so bad all the time. I have to carry an epi pen, benadryl and an inhaler everywhere now too.

So I've been trying to find new resources to find new recipes and ideas, because food is starting to get boring and food should never be boring. I'm on a limited budget, so I'm stuck with the less expensive meats like chicken, turkey, and pork, and beef when it's on sale. I've usually just stuck with simple plain cheddar cheese, milk, and butter for dairy, but I've been trying to expand my diet by including sour cream, cream cheese, and other types of cheese and yogurt.

Comment

• Your location: Norway

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: I try to stay away from grain and sugar, but I do eat potatoes, rice and dairy. So I guess the answer is.. moderately? I also do tend to binge like mad on junk and snacks from time to time, so in total its more like 70% moderately primal, 30 % elvis

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: I don't drink coffee, but I -love- tea and normally have 3-5 big cups of it a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Ive been lucky enough to never having to struggle with any serious weight or health issues, but there are so many things about our modern western lifestyle in general that just seems wrong and unhealthy, on several levels. The idea of seeking out a more natural way of eating and living seems very sensible to me

Favorite exercise: I enjoy forest walks, if that counts as exercise? "Organized" and more intense exercise is more of a chore that I do because I know its a necessity in order to stay healthy

Favorite Primal food: Butter. Anything tastes good with butter!

Best part about being Primal: Knowing that Im doing whats right for my body

Worst part about being Primal: Not getting to eat my favorite snacks (popcorn and donuts atm.. I think about them at least a few times every day, sigh)

Comment

• Hey guys.. How are you ? Pleasure to be here.........

Comment

• Hello, my name is Tawnya.

Your location: Eugene, Oregon

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: I can manage about 2 primal meals a day, but have never been able to be completely primal with my meals for more than 2 days in a row.

Do you consume dairy: Daily

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea rarely and do not like coffee. I drink it only if I am desperate to wake up.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To decrease depression and anxiety; relieve stomach problems; have better hair and skin; increase focus and energy; lose weight and most of all, to be happier.

Favorite exercise: Water aerobics

Favorite Primal food: Cheese!

Best part about being Primal: Unknown at this point.

Worst part about being Primal: I can't cook and my current lack of energy and increased depression makes me unmotivated to eat healthy or exercise (I also have chronic pain). I am stuck in a deep, deep rut and feel pretty hopeless.

Comment

• Your location: Columbus, Ohio

Age (If you want):38

How Primal are you:Not as much as I would like to be. Lately about 50%

Do you consume dairy: mostly onlybutter and occasional cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea:both

Motivator for switching to Primal:i want to be healthier and leaner

Favorite exercise: running and heated yoga

Favorite Primal food: a great steak

Best part about being Primal: less brain fog

Worst part about being Primal: trying to eat out

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Reasonably primal? haha.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I would like to cut down

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee everyday

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fat loss, energy, cutting cravings, optimum health, looking super fit

Favorite exercise: DANCING!

Favorite Primal food: A good piece of chicken or steak!

Best part about being Primal: Eating lots of salads, meats and coconuts!

Worst part about being Primal: I don't think I'm doing it right…?

Comment

• Your location: Concord, NC

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy:Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: HS and weight issues.

Favorite exercise: Power walking.

Favorite Primal food: Macadamia nuts.

Best part about being Primal: Even energy throughout the day and weight loss.

Worst part about being Primal: It is sometimes a challenge to keep primal, as the family does not. I try to limit the non-primal stuff I eat when dinner is made with pastas or dough, but it is a challenge. I still manage to keep my total carbs in the fat burning zone most days, and never exceed the maintenance zone.
                        Last edited by Scotti; 02-28-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Morning all, starting the 21 day Primal Challenge today. I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired and FAT.

I'm 41 (will be 42 at the end of the challenge)
                          My wife and I are marginally primal now.
                          Yes, I eat dairy, perhaps a bit too much
                          Yes I drink coffee in the morning (about 18 -36 oz and I only know that due to using a Kurig)
                          I'm going primal to lose some weight, get my blood work back to normal and get off some statin meds.
                          Don't like "exercising", would rather play
                          I like the unstuffed cabbage from the primal cookbook
                          Best part of primal is the way I feel
                          The worst part is trying to stay on the diet.

A bit about me, I'm a compulsive eater. When I'm bored, stressed, tired, angry, well I'll just eat to eat.

I weigh 250lbs and I'm 6' tall, so while I'm not too badly overweight, I know that I am overweight and need to lose the weight. I've tried for years to lose some weight, but never can. I have been on the "Metabolism Miracle" diet and lost some weight, but quickly gained it back.

I know eating primal and working out works, but getting my butt up off the chair and doing something seems to be my weak point.
                          Thanks
                          ~R

Comment

• Hello!

I'm new to this site, but have been doing Keto(hardcore) for about a year! I'm 6'1", 175, with about 2% body fat. I weight train 5 days a week, and play bball just about everyday(though pretty light; I only do about 30 min of anaerobic activity of cardio each day). My macro breakdown is 25g net carbs, 85g protein, and about 290g fats(mostly coconut). I weigh and measure everything.....and did I mention that I LOVE my diet!!! I recently bought the Precision Xtra ketone Meter(waiting on my Ketonix breath analyzer also). My beta-Hydroxybutyrate readings range from .6mmol/l to 2.0mmol/l. It's always lowest after a workout, and highest directly after a meal. My million dollar question: Is my beta ketone levels so low after a workout, due to the usage of the ketones in my blood during my workouts? I read that the blood ketone levels show more of a "reserve storage" of ketones. Also, is the fact that I'm so lean, keep me from having really high beta Hydroxybutyrate readings(makes sense, because I only really have dietary fat to burn, really no body fat).

Sent from my iPhone
                            Tim Bumper
                            KetoManiac

Comment

• Hi,
                              relatively new to primal, a few months
                              about 85%
                              dairy, yes, raw yogurt and cheese
                              coffee yes
                              got started on primal because I have type2 diabetes and blood glucose was out of control and wanted better control of sugars and wanted weight loss. Have lost about 50lbs on primal and 100lbs total.
                              swimming and recumbent biking are my exercise of choice, due to physical limitations
                              what I like most about primal is that I have better control of my blood sugars and am loosing weight in good amounts at a proper rate.
                              what I like least about it is not really a primal issue but a diabetes issue, I occasionally miss sugar.

I highly recommend primal for any one with diabetes to get things under control. Low carb high fat is the only way to go.

Comment

• Your location: Eureka, Ks

Age (If you want):36

How Primal are you: Just starting, post W30

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: W30 is too strict and I rebelled and it did not give me hardly any results for all the work

Favorite exercise: Yoga

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: almost no PMS, hardly any digestive issues

Worst part about being Primal: It takes some work to find good food choices eating out

Comment

Working...
                                X