X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: New Hampshire

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Not very. I've dabbled before but now i'm jumping into the deep end.

Do you consume dairy: I do a little. I won't be soon.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I feel like crap and I am overweight.

Favorite exercise:walking and lifting weights

Favorite Primal food: Eggs and bacon

Best part about being Primal: Sleeping better. It's so much better.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to defend it to people.

Comment

• Your location: Southern California (Grokland)

Age (If you want):57.5

How Primal are you: I go in spurts and am realizing that's not a particularly effective method.

Do you consume dairy: Not right now. I've begun a Whole30 to get myself onto track and committed.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Oh hell yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Been toying with Paleo/Primal for about 2 years now. It's time I recognize that I'm not myself when I'm not Primal.

Favorite exercise: Reading a book.

Favorite Primal food: A nice juicy steak.

Best part about being Primal: Better moods, less joint pain, better sleep, less allergy issues.

Worst part about being Primal: Non-participating spouse who doesn't buy into it. "Hey honey! Let's get pizza!"

Comment

• Your location: Tennessee

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: I follow Paleo/ Primal

Do you consume dairy: yes, butter, kefir, some cheeses and plain greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Kombucha tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have completely turned my life around through diet and nutrition. I follow Paleo/ Primal and I have lost 100 pounds, come off 17 medications, came out of a wheelchair and off a cane, gotten rid of high blood pressure, Post Orthostatic Tachycardia symptoms, low blood sugar, and almost all of my fibromyalgia symptoms.

Favorite exercise: working out at Planet Fitness!!

Favorite Primal food: I love to cook so I experiment and love all primal/paleo foods!

Best part about being Primal: The way I feel!

Worst part about being Primal:

None

Comment

• Name: Blair

Your location: UK (Scotland)

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: Mosly, no grains or legumes.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, i see the health benifits outweigh anything else. Also i love milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee mostly, usually black.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Loosing weight and tbh it sounded awesome

Favorite exercise: P90X3

Favorite Primal food: Toooooo many to choose one.. But im a sucker for anything with dates.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling amazing.

Worst part about being Primal: Watching someone eat a pizza.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Anonymous;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Bloomington, IL

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Just starting out, but I am being pretty strict. No dairy, wheat, or sugar.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Some tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and health

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Fruit smoothies with almond milk

Best part about being Primal: Feeling GOOD!

Worst part about being Primal: It is time consuming.

Comment

• Your location: Melbourne, Australia

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: getting more all the time, started studying the Primal Blueprint Certification about 3 weeks ago and loving it. I Want to teach it when I have finished.

Do you consume dairy: not as much as used to

Do you drink coffee or tea: black coffee and herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: better for my overall well being.

Favorite exercise: bike sprints

Favorite Primal food: Pork Belly or grilled steak with cauliflower mash.

Best part about being Primal: Much more energy

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out

Comment

• Hello Mark's Daily Apple forum! Being new here but not to forums in general, I will take a watch and learn approach to this forum site apparently related to health, especially healthy foods, a keen interest of mine. Thank you and Happy Valentines Day! Remember to try to only eat dark chocolate (according to Dr Oz, some advice of whos I follow, much I don't especially the commercialized backed advice).

Comment

• Your location: Mississippi, US
                  Age (If you want):52
                  How Primal are you: Starting to play with it
                  Do you consume dairy: a little milk, yogurt, and cheese
                  Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and iced tea
                  Motivator for switching to Primal: Haven't switched yet
                  Favorite exercise: Not exercising currently
                  Favorite Primal food: Baked chicken
                  Best part about being Primal: Not there yet
                  Worst part about being Primal: Pasta
                  53 yr old female, 5' 3"
                  Starting Weight 182 (July 2014)
                  Current Weight 160
                  Goal Weight 140

I dont have difficulty believing in miracles, since I experienced the miracle of a change in my own heart only God could do that. St. Augustine

Comment

• Your location: oPorto, Portugal

Age (If you want): 23 years old

How Primal are you: Not as much as I would like to be, more than I was yesterday.

Do you consume dairy: After removing it for a couple days and feeling much better, no.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I don't. I do drink Lemon water in the morning though!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Several inflammation issues such as back acne, seborrhea, digestive problems, constant diarhea, lack of focus, etc. They have improved daily upon switching to a primal way of living!

Favorite exercise: Sprinting!

Favorite Primal food: Meatza

Best part about being Primal: I feel much lighter, not necessarely weight wise but I'm much more free, especially in terms of digestion!

Worst part about being Primal: When everyone in your house is overweight and over consumes delicious carbohydrates everyone and mock at you about the carbs being even more flavorous than before.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Decatur, GA

Age (If you want):46

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: NO

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee Black

Motivator for switching to Primal: needed a change.

Favorite exercise: Running-I love my long runs. I hate hate core but thanks to Mark I have regained my over all strength and i make an effort to regain the core.

Favorite Primal food: Steak or a nice piece of Salmon

Best part about being Primal: I hate when my wife calls it a Diet-its a life choice and for the past 6mths its become an even better life..

Worst part about being Primal: I miss my homemade biscuits I make biscuits every Sunday with the kids and once in a bluemoon i will eat one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lakepowelllady View Post
                        I become more able to tell him to go pee up a rope when he tempting me with starches.
                        I love that expression! My hubby has slowly been coming around, and I haven't been pushing.

Comment

• Your location:Western Canada

Age (If you want):34

How Primal are you: I only just got serious, after a year of half-assing, when I took part in a 21 day challenge, and then continued on. Right now, I'm about 80/20, and probably primal rather than paleo.

Do you consume dairy:Yes. I use 10% cream in my coffee, eat cheese, and greek yogurt. Soon, I'll be cutting the coffee, so then I'll only be eating fermented dairy. Hopefully that'll be my key.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both. Coffee would be a couple cups in the morning and switching to tea later. On my days off, I can easily drink a pot of coffee, and a couple of pots of tea. I'll be switching to just tea soon, and heading into summer, I'll switch to water with lemon or lime, or iced teas. I'll add cream to my coffee, and I've cut all sweetener from my drinks.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Primarily losing weight, but the mental clarity and stability keep me going.

Favorite exercise: Walking and squats.

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: Energy, clarity, steady weight loss.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to avoid social food, treats brought into work.

Comment

• Your location: Lynnwood, WA, USA (just north of Seattle)

Age (If you want): 39, turning the big four-zero in May

How Primal are you: about 90/10 [probably closer to 80/20]

Do you consume dairy: very rarely [I'll occasionally have some cheese when I'm out by myself, but not at home]

Do you drink coffee or tea: no coffee, iced tea very occasionally; unfortunately part of my non-primal 10% is the occasional [OK, more like daily] Diet Mountain Dew (shameful, I know!)

Motivator for switching to Primal: diabetes runs rampant in my family (along with heart disease, obesity, kidney disease, arthritis...) so moderating carb intake makes sense for me, and primal is great for that! I also want to lose my last 25 pounds or so (I've already dropped 65) and get my body fat down.

Favorite exercise: hiking, lifting heavy things [Well, I'm trying - my dumbbells only go up to 25 lbs. It does make me feel great, though!]

Favorite Primal food: bacon, sardines, sauerkraut and kimchi (how can I choose just one?)

Best part about being Primal: After fully committing to it for about six weeks (I've dabbled on and off, and lurked on MDA, for more than two years), I already have more energy, I feel stronger and more fit, and I'm down about 10 pounds!

Worst part about being Primal: Being the only primal one in the household, which is unlikely to change. My wife and kids are gluten- and dairy-free for other reasons, but love their (gluten-free) cereal, bread, and baked goods!
                            Last edited by classicalgeek; 03-11-2015, 02:20 PM. Reason: Honesty (see square brackets!)

Comment

• Hi JulieTheRed here!

I had started in the 21 day challenge doing a journal but lost momentum in writing every day. Here are my stats:
                              Your location: Oklahoma City

Age (If you want):46

How Primal are you: 80/20 depending on access/busyness

Do you consume dairy: morning coffee usually, cheese samples at Whole Foods

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:my whole family is obese and I've always been fairly healthy and moderate weight. Want to stay on the thin side. Also to keep my health as I enter middle age.

Favorite exercise: whatever I can get done quickly. I like to walk and do a few calisthenics.

Favorite Primal food: baked chicken

Best part about being Primal:being in better shape than most of the women my age.

Worst part about being Primal: It goes against the grain of most of society.

I love being a hot and sexy MILF! I love talking about primal fitness and nutrition too, but with most people overweight and unwilling to hear anything beyond CW, it's hard to find anyone to talk about it with. Looking forward to more great information and support from this forum.

Comment

• Your location: Liverpool, England

Age (If you want):35

How Primal are you: Today? Not at all, Tomorrow 100%

Do you consume dairy:

Do you drink coffee or tea: All the time, but I am giving it up tomorrow for the 21 day challenge.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fatigue after eating bread, pasta and pastry! Rice upsets my stomach.

Favorite exercise: I start Crossfit tomorrow! (very nervous). I also have a Paleo Personal Trainer as of next week!

Favorite Primal food: I love all meat and fish but a big steak is my favourite!

Best part about being Primal: I will come back to you on that one!

Worst part about being Primal: Ditto!

Comment

Working...
                                X