X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Glenolden, PA

Age (If you want):28

How Primal are you: Haven't started yet, learning.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to lose weight and be healthier. I also want to join the Army and want to be fit enough to enlist.

Favorite exercise: Currently, walking my dogs.

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: My husband is doing it with me and we will be much healthier.

Worst part about being Primal: We have a very picky eater for a son who has special needs. It's going to be tough trying to get him to do this with us.

Comment

• Hello everyone,
      thanks to Mark for the great “Daily Apple” and the outstanding concept of the Primal Blueprint lifestyle.

The Questions:

Your location: Austria / Europe

Age (If you want): I´m 54

How Primal are you:
      Began two month ago to think about it, took out grains, sugar and beer and started swimming again occasionally, nordic walking and some bodyweight exercises.
      lost about 8 kg since (from 90 to 82 kg) and feel great.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I'm not lactose intolerant and love butter and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, but prefer coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: It makes a lot of sense for me.

Favorite exercise: swimming

Favorite Primal food: (flank) steak & salad

Best part about being Primal: feel great, stomach and gut issues decreased.

Worst part about being Primal: none

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Colorado

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Mostly - I eat 1 "cheat meal" per week. Usually all primal except with the addition of a flour tortilla, or a little cheese. Not eating a whole cake or anything - although sometimes I do fantasize about that, but haven't done it. . .yet

Do you consume dairy:No

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea only - no caffeine

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss

Favorite exercise: walking/hiking

Favorite Primal food: coconut and avocados

Best part about being Primal: never hungry, next to zero sugar cravings

Worst part about being Primal: not losing weight

Comment

• Hi All,

I chanced upon MDA early last year while looking through GutSense and searching more about fibre and fat. And am I glad I did! I started eating Paleo proper around April, but lost too much fat (started looking skeletal) and have added back white rice (coz I couldn't digest huge amounts of white or sweet potatoes!) to my meals -- only till I reach an optimal weight. Then I intend to do a Whole30 on my own (coz I'm hopefully wiser now so won't go so low-carb again!).

Your location: Delhi, India

Age: 33, ht 5'2" and wt around 46-47 kg (104 lbs approx)

How Primal are you: Mostly, except for the white rice currently, occasional milk-based (non-flour-based) sweets; and presoaked & cooked dals (lentils) sometimes. Just began Primal Fitness progressions, but have been moderately active before.

Do you consume dairy: Mostly no, except in roadside tea (with sugar) once in 3-4 months, and in the sweets mentioned above.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, black, without sugar. Only a small cup in a day max.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Hypothyroidism, nutrient absorption issues, frequent stomach troubles, overall weakness (despite gymming & dancing), too little stamina, etc.

Favorite exercise: Dance-related workouts, including crunches.

Favorite Primal food: Goat meat (what we call mutton) & coconut!

Best part about being Primal: Amazing stamina, getting ill much much less (all that nasal congestion!) & the drive to not give up -- coz drastic improvement in my body & life actually seems possible now!

Worst part about being Primal: Off & on I miss crispy/crunchy things (like biscuits), and certain wheat-/gram-flour-based goodies when I can smell them nearby (Indian sweet & savoury dishes, found on a number of pavements, and cake which is passed around every second day in office -- not exaggerating!); and have a nagging feeling that I'm disconnected from 'normal' people coz I can't share their food.
          Last edited by sanyagrok; 02-03-2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Your location:
            Jacksonville Fl for the time being. Moving to Washington State soon

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
            I have read Mark's book The Primal Blueprint and try very hard to remember all of his advice. I am very much a novice, though.

Do you consume dairy:
            No

Do you drink coffee or tea:
            Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:
            Better health, more energy, longevity, and look better naked

Favorite exercise:
            TRX, Racquetball

Favorite Primal food:
            Lamb, grilled asparagus, macadamia nuts

Best part about being Primal:
            Amazing food

Worst part about being Primal:
            Finding primal accommodations at social events, parties, restaurants, etc. There tends to be a lot of chips and dips, fried chicken wings, sandwiches, cheese platters, and unhealthy desserts.

Comment

How primal are you: I have just started

Do you consume dairy: Yes, cream in my coffee, love cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, decaf coffee and herbal teas

Motivator for switching to primal? Weight loss and health.

Favorite exercise: walking.

Favorite primal food: steak

Best part of being primal: I enjoy proteins.

Worst part of being primal: not really sure yet...

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• I'm new to this forum! Started following the 21-day challenge.
                  Any suggestions?

Suzanne
                  Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Your location: Portland, OR

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: just starting - still experimenting

Do you consume dairy: when I eat out, and in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: lifelong health

Favorite exercise: weightlifting, running, yoga

Favorite Primal food: grass fed beef

Best part about being Primal: don't know yet - it's still difficult

Worst part about being Primal: lack of community currently

Comment

• Your location: Winnemucca Nevada

Age (If you want)30/ male/ roughly 218 pounds

How Primal are you:curiously primal, considering 30 day grok diet

Do you consume dairy:some, mainly cheese and greek yogurt, maybe one or two glasses of milk a month

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes and yes, i am an underground mine equipment mechanic workin on a 12 hours shift rotating days to nights every fw days

Motivator for switching to Primal: Been having trouble controlling my weight and keeping it balanced ever since i had my thyroid removed a couple years ago

Favorite exercise: rowing machine, although it has been a while since i have seen the inside of the gym, never the less i keep very active because of my job, and when i am not working i am chasing after my 2 year old daughter

Favorite Primal food:meat! I love steak and chicken and pork and tuna and if it walks, swims, or flies and it looks tasty it belongs on my grill

Best part about being Primal: not sure yet, really looking at the health aspects

Worst part about being Primal; trying to keep up the diet and still have a lunch to bring to work and trying to get my wife to go along with it

Comment

• Hello!

I began my PB 21 day challenge yesterday 2/2/15. Feeling good and proud of myself for embarking on this lifestyle.

About me:

53 yrs old
                        Live in Georgia
                        Have exercised all my life
                        Have always had "emotional eating issues"
                        Height 5'6"
                        Current Weight 138-140 (I don't own a scale)
                        Goal: to FEEL healthy and fit, to eliminate the cravings roller coaster, and to be proud of what and how I eat.

Thanks in advance for the community support!

Lana

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Primal Creeper Finally Commits

Hi,

My name is Christy and I've been creeping on MDA for several years. I also dabbled in Primal/Paleo in the past and had mixed results. I've finally decided to plunge into Primal eating because this lifestyle eliminates many of my "trigger" foods. Since Jan 11, 2015 I've avoided grains, sugars, and packaged foods and I've lost nearly 10 pounds since then.

Your location: Northwest Florida

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Mostly Primal in diet but not so much in exercise/lifestyle

Do you consume dairy: I usually have full fat cream in my coffee, occasionally I have cheese. And I Looooove butter on veggies and steaks.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning. I sometimes have herbal tea in the evenings.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I need to eliminate flour/grains and candy/sugar in order to avoid bingeing on them. For me, one bite of these foods usually leads to a binge that lasts for days.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Grassfed cream

Best part about being Primal: Consistent energy and (so far!) consistent weight loss

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining to others why I don't eat cereal for breakfast.

I look forward to interacting with others who have preceded me in this Primal journey!

Best wishes to all,
                          Christy
                          Last edited by DynaChristy; 02-05-2015, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Your location: Portsmouth England

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you:Very

Do you consume dairy:usually will have raw milk or greek yoghurt but just embarking on Whole 30

Do you drink coffee or tea: Hardly ever

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and Weight

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Blueberries with coconut milk and honey

Best part about being Primal: Having more energy

Worst part about being Primal: The cost of trying to feed a large family decent meat

Comment

• Hi!

For some reasons, when I tried to register last summer, it didn't work out and I only tried again today. Anyway, I'm very happy it worked!

Your location: Québec, Canada

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: I'm mostly primal for food but not at all for the rest. I'm trying to change that right now.

Do you consume dairy: Not at all. I stopped one year before I started eating primal.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I only drink green tea when I eat at my parents'.

Motivator for switching to Primal: When I tried going gluten free, I had a major reaction to rice so I figured I had to stop all cereals and I was like why not eat primal then? I have chronic pain and I hope it will help me deal with it.

Favorite exercise: Walking where I can see trees or rivers.

Favorite Primal food: Organic chicken thighs roasted with onions.

Best part about being Primal: Less seasonal allergies, less abdominal pain.

Worst part about being Primal: I can't choose between eating out, finding stuff to eat in winter and finding stuff to eat while being picky. An example: our big supply of organic carrots and beets ran dry and I can't buy the grocery store ones because I can't eat them at all and they will only rot in our fridge.

Thanks for reading!

Comment

• Hi
                                My name is Jacqui and I live in Australia with my husband and children.
                                I am 49 turning 50 later this year (eeeeek)
                                I am one week in to my primal journey
                                I don't consume dairy. I was vegan for a year before deciding to quit and go primal so I don't think I will miss it.
                                I'm not ready to give up coffee or tea just yet!
                                My motivator to switch to primal was after spending a year on a strict vegan diet. I loved the diet (Who wouldn't love endless amounts of rice, potatoes, beans and legumes) But my end of year blood test was not positive, my tryglicerides were through the roof, I had terrible mood swings, My periods were so irregular I thought I was in menopause (That is what I thought the mood swings were too!) A quote came to mind "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" so after much soul searching I quit the diet and started researching paleo/primal. It made sense.
                                Favourite exercise is swimming although at my weight I struggle to find motivation to do anything.
                                My favourite primal food is meat. Oh my goodness, the first bite of steak after twelve months was like medicine to me!
                                The worst part..........I can't think of too much just yet. Probably not being able to eat my favourite 'vegan' foods like rice, beans and legumes. But I can live with that if it means better health and weight loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X