Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello. Noob from Wisconsin here. Just looking for a place to learn more and ask questions, and share some of my kitchen hacks if I could.

I am about 60% primal. I should avoid dairy but I love cheese and yogurt
    I'm learning how to make home fermented coconut yogurt though...

I love coffee. I roast my own beans in a popcorn popper. Learning the art of teas, and hoping to try some chicory root coffee.

My Primal Motivator is health, but I also have many severe autoimmune issues I'm wishing to resolve. They have returned after remission for several years, and the diet I had used before that put them in remission (gluten free and anti-candida plus food allergy rotaion diet) are no longer working.

I love to cook, troubleshoot and invent new recipes. I made a really good fake-rye bread that was mostly paleo (if unsweetened baking cocoa is not allowed, due to the bean aspect than this would disqualify as paleo because that's what I used for color and to add bitterness), but nonetheless I look forward to learning and improving.

My favorite exercise is walking and bike riding, both of which I am having current issues doing due to physical disability. I am hoping this will improve though.

Favorite part about being primal? Not being so sick after I eat.

Comment

• Hi all!

Your location: new hampshire

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 75% I suppose, I just started so I'm still learning.

Do you consume dairy: yes, Greek yogurt, butter, heavy cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: sometimes

Motivator for switching to Primal: health, weight loss, more awesomeness

Favorite exercise: walking, kickboxing

Favorite Primal food: peppers

Best part about being Primal:
      not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal: again , not sure yet. But probably the fact that I love baking
      [/QUOTE]

Comment

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: been primal for over 2 years, gluten-free for 5 years

Do you consume dairy: yes, cheese and yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: both. The only coffee I drink is black expresso twice a day and lots of tea (green tea, yerba mate, hibiscus tea...)

Motivator for switching to Primal: curiosity, a bit of belly fat to loose

Favorite exercise: pull ups

Favorite Primal food: all

Comment

• Your location: Arizona

How Primal are you: <>95%

Do you consume dairy: feta, cream, half and half, plain whole fat greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: YES!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Optimal health

Favorite exercise: circuit training/tabata/T25

Favorite Primal food: Ribeye and Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Eating my favorite foods without guilt

Worst part about being Primal: People think I'm extreme

Comment

• Hi, I'm Ashlie.

Your location: Seattle area, WA, USA

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: not primal at all! but I'd like to be 100% or close to it

Do you consume dairy: yes, and i plan to continue to consume dairy unless there are negative affects

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: losing weight, but i think more than that, feeling great. having energy. Having self-control. Taking care of myself. etc.

Favorite exercise: I love to run! and play hard at sports. any sports.

Favorite Primal food: Kobe beef with a crap load of vegetables cooked in a pan c: Or fresh berries with cream c:

Best part about being Primal: I feel great when i'm primal. and I glow. And I'm confident. I can conquer the world.

Worst part about being Primal: All the pressure from outside that tells us to eat crap. Friends, family, food at every event or social gathering ever, etc.

I'm ready to make this life change! For me and my future family c:

Comment

• In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Liverpool, England

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: I reckon 8/10 at present

Do you consume dairy: a little organic milk and natural yoghurt (whole of course)

Do you drink coffee or tea: one cup of coffee per week say and maybe a few cups of tea per week

Motivator for switching to Primal: you can't solve the current problems with the current way of thinking

Favorite exercise: difficult to say. Probably pull ups and sprinting

Favorite Primal food: meat (sausage and eggs breakfasts on the ferry to work always gets a few glances)

Best part about being Primal: being in control of your health and not being taken for a ride by consumerism......and the remarks and comments you get from CW believers.

Worst part about being Primal: I suppose I miss bread....

Comment

• Your location: St. Louis, MO

Age (If you want):29

How Primal are you: Pretty primal... I also juice!

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: almost never

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanting to change my life and get off of the dozen or so medications I had been on for a decade

Favorite exercise: biking

Favorite Primal food: lettuce wraps

Best part about being Primal: Truly living life now and being virtually pain free. I've lost more than 100 pounds and I'm not finished! Here's my story: Embrace The Glorious Mess That You Are: The journey isn't always easy...

Worst part about being Primal: What's not to love?

Comment

• Your location: Azores Islands

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: all the way minus the occasional evening tobacco pipe.

Do you consume dairy: oooo yeah! I'm not much for processed stuff but always have about 1L whole milk a day all my life. Also eat cheese occasionaly. Don't like yogurts and the likes, too acid.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, always

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm a huge horse lover and spent years researching the best managing and handling options for these awsome animals, and all that I found just made sense applying to humans: everytime you deviate from what they/us evolved to live like, you get problems! and the solution is always going back to basics (primal), and not the conventional wisdom of patching and hiding under the carpet. This went from going barefoot to daily exercise needs, type and amount of exercise, mental needs and above all, feeding! you can do everything right, but if feeding is wrong, nothing will ever be quite right.
                  and also personal taste in food. I've always been very fond of the simple stuff, raw or grilled, but always little cooking and the least possible seasoning. I'm a strong advocate of "good raw material doesn't need add-ons". I've also always felt my best outside with my animals and plants. Home is where your heart is, right?

Favorite exercise: Spearfishing and loooooooooooooong slow runs (at 8-9km/h - speed you can chat with your friends)

Favorite Primal food: raw grass fed cow steak

Best part about being Primal: skipping the doctor

Worst part about being Primal: my LEGUMES! I so love legumes... :/
                  Last edited by Belbe; 01-29-2015, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• Your location: Victoria, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Age (If you want):42

How Primal are you: Completely.

Do you consume dairy: Full Fat Cream, Greek Yogurt, Organic Butter and Aged Cheeses

Do you drink coffee or tea: Espresso and Earl Grey

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health

Favorite exercise: Ocean Walks

Favorite Primal food: Everything

Best part about being Primal: All the glorious fruit and vegetables and lean protein and amazing sauces.

Worst part about being Primal: I don't have a sweet tooth so I am not suffering too much.

Comment

• Hello. I hope I am posting this right as I am new to forums in general. i still have not figured out how to start a thread, so I will just post as a reply to this seemingly main thread for this site. My name is David and I own CurbPainting.com. I will check back tomorrow to see how this thread posts and pertinent reply(s). Thank you for your patience and any advice for this "thread newbie".
                      Last edited by CurbPaintingcom; 01-29-2015, 08:45 PM. Reason: misspelled newbie

Comment

• Hello all, thank you Mark for this fantastic resource, and all the folks participating. It's been a great help to me and great fun too.

My name is Mitchell, I live and work in the San Francisco Bay Area.
                        I'm 53, and started Primal originally to stabilize my energy and drop body fat. And as I get more Primal, to rejuvenate/repair my body by stop eating poisonous foods. I've read and followed the Chinese philosophy that food is medicine, and now see with my Primal life style improvements in general health, state of mind and strength. (I can almost hang with my mid 20 year old sons!)
                        I'm mostly Primal, I still break down for a piece of toast if I'm out for breakfast, for the most part I do almost all my own cooking and have adopted the 5/5 weight work out routine, squats, dead lifts and presses. I've yet to incorporate sprints, I'm thinking of playing hockey again to satisfy that component, and I really enjoy being on the ice.
                        I love my morning coffee, and am trying to ween myself from the sugar component, cream is not an issue for me.
                        Favorite Primal foods, meat and eggs! They've always been the case for me, my drs have always told me me to cut back, especially after my pituitary gland tumor, I feel and I'm told I look great so now they just accept it and stop arguing with me.
                        The worst part of primal? My sugar jones, I'm sure that will fade as I get more fat adapted.
                        Again, thanks to Mark and all his staff and participants. This is the best health info I've found.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hi all!

I've been primal for a while but I've only just joined the forum (I'm not sure why as I love the site and use it all the time!).

Your location: London, England

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: About 90% I think - I have a rule that it my friends want to go to a non-primal friendly restaurant I'll happily go with it; same when people invite me over for supper. Otherwise I'm pretty much 100% 'cause I love it!

Do you consume dairy: Yup! Love it!But only the organic whole kind with no funny bits added.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yup, although I tend to make it and forget about it. Love a coffee with organic full-fat milk though - slurp!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Athletic performance and general good health.

Favorite exercise: Anything Crossfit and sprinting/middle distance running.

Favorite Primal food: Squoodles bolognese.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling amazing! Plus massively improved running times and lifting numbers.

Worst part about being Primal: Living in the age of ramen being the hot new food as noodle bars are the biggest choice for going out at the moment! ...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• My Intro

Your location: Metro Atlanta

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 50% (I still crave fried foods)

Do you consume dairy: Some cheeses (I crave cheese)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Having to run to the toilet 10x/day due to gluten.

Favorite exercise: Kettlebells!

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: GOOD HEALTH

Worst part about being Primal: Is this a question?

Comment

• Hi everyone !

Might as well..

Your location: Québec, Canada

Age (If you want):29

How Primal are you:90%

Do you consume dairy:nop

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yep, probably a bit too much.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Gluten intolerance, beeing overweight, and skin rash

Favorite exercise: Bodyweight !!

Favorite Primal food: fried plantain ex aequo with bacon. sorry

Best part about being Primal:normal bowel movement, amazing body comp and energy level

Worst part about being Primal: Social life and knowing what i know but still being surrounded by egg white omelet and fat free yogurt eaters.

Comment

• Your location: Navan, Republic of Ireland

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: No dairy as such just whey protein with water

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea black with no milk or sugar, black coffee with stevia sweetener

Motivator for switching to Primal: buddy of mine went Paleo and the transformation was unbelievable !

Favorite exercise: free weights, love deadlifting , I play rugby and I'm a prop forward so love to lift

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Energy levels are starting to increase

Worst part about being Primal: miss the salad cream sandwiches !

I'm looking forward to engaging with you all and seeking advice as I need it. The forum is a fantastic resource , I'm just finishing marks blueprint book, and have podcasts to look forward to
                                Best wishes to all
                                gusker

Comment

Working...
                                X