X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Chapel Hill, NC

Age (If you want):48

How Primal are you: Pretty primal. I eat very few processed foods, have done pretty strict Paleo/primal for a year, and i'm flirting with some changes (i.e., eating more legumes -- mainly chickpeas) because I crave and miss them.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, in moderation: all organic and for more details: pastured butter, half and half in coffee, grass fed yogurt and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: a diagnosis of LCIS

Favorite exercise: Walking, yoga

Favorite Primal food: Duck confit!

Best part about being Primal: Eating real food.

Worst part about being Primal: I friggin' miss pasta and sourdough bread.
    Last edited by Meriwynn; 01-10-2015, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Your location:
      Serbia

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
      Starting

Do you consume dairy:
      Currently yes but planning to stop (again)

Do you drink coffee or tea:
      I was never coffee drinker (except one period when I was drinking it because of my friends), but I enjoy in drinking all sorts off tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
      I need some plan in order to eat healthy because I can eat all and still be underweight, but I feel bad, and having busy life is often excuse to switsh on fast food. I was choosing from some diet plan best for me to control thyroid (it is still in beginnig phase) and some other health problems.
      I was on raw vegan, than tried to keep 80% raw vegan (20% aloving myself to eat meat, cooked food and sometimes junk) and after that I lose control and started eating mostly outside and lost my motivation for preparing food. I even had some period after raw vegan when I just added whole meat (I dodn't kbow for primal than), and was feeling good.

After started eating everything (and mostly outside food) my health issues returned and I decided to look for some other diet and thouht this one might be the most reasonable way as I already don't like to many grain products and this plan seems most natural to me.

Also I need to set some rules in order to stay disciplined and following some diet or way of life is easier for that than just saying (i don't eat thesee anymore).

Favorite exercise:
      Yoga, ballet and pole dance

Favorite Primal food:
      Bacon

Best part about being Primal:
      I expect it to bee improved imunite system, health and energy restored. Generally I expect this to be easy switch, because going raw vegan was much complicated.

Worst part about being Primal:
      I think I developed food related ocd (feeling that everithing I eat that is not straight from garden, and totally organic /and almost nothing is/ is garbage) and I feel anxiety about this program being unhealty - when I am already eat unhealthy meat and poisoned cooked food, why even bother to avoid junk food. I know this is not good thinking and I am trying to fight it over one year now.
      Also - I expect the problem will be that people around me will again start telling me that I need to eat everything, especially bread, grains or legumes (i hear that already my whole life as I do not favor them), and living without potato, pasta carbonare, milk, yoghurt and melted cheese (as I gave thyroid problem at least for some time I will try to avoid those tottaly).

Comment

• Hello and thanks for the opportunity to be a part of this.

The Questions:

Your location: Brisbane, Australia.

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Very strict at the moment while I get started.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I've restricted it to grass-fed butter and cream because I seem to be having issues with coconut oil if I consume too much in a day. I've been getting hives.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, but learning that caffeine saps magnesium and I have a chronic issue with shoulder/neck knots.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fatty liver, high cholesterol, weight loss. I actually started doing Low Carb High Fat but the last time I tried it - a few years ago - I didn't lose weight. This could be because I did it for 10 weeks and then stopped (i.e. didn't give it enough time) or because I was eating lots of dairy. So I decided to hold back on most of the dairy and then it occurred to me that I'm effectively doing Paleo!

Favorite exercise: I like to get in a pool and move around. I can't 'really' swim but I can do plenty of resistance exercise in a pool.

Favorite Primal food: At the moment, beef bone broth!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling in control about what I'm eating and what it's doing to/for my body.

Worst part about being Primal:[/QUOTE] People's attitudes towards me as if I'm being completely irresponsible. Also, having to reject food without sounding like "one of those". I don't want to have to say "I can't have that" because it's not how I feel and it's not what they want to hear. I wish I could simply say: "Oh no thanks, I've eaten" and have them leave it at that.

Comment

• Columbia MO. Started Paleo 2 weeks ago. Dairy: nope. Learning to like coconut creamer for coffee-not my favorite. I love full fat dairy so this is a huge change for me and how I have cooked for 30 years. I drink coffee everyday as well as iced tea. I'm trying to like Stevia-but really don't and it's only used in my coffee. I've tried to cut back on Splenda to half a packet in each cup of coffee. Trying primal at my doctors urging. I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis. Autoimmune disorder. I also need to lose 40 pounds. I've not been exercising yet. Usually walk and occaisional tennis. Best part: I love protein and veg. Worse part: no diary.

Comment

• Your location: South Africa

Age (If you want):24

How Primal are you: been Primal for 13 days now

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of not having energy or strength and being lazy. Living a healthier life style

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Scrambled eggs with butter!

Best part about being Primal: no longer craving sweets

Worst part about being Primal: when I get hungry, I get hungry fast

Comment

• Name: LAMA

Your location:
              LEBANON

Age (If you want):
              31 year old mom of two boys

How Primal are you:
              I am reading more and more about Paleo and i am being convinced, thinking of giving it a try to loose the weight

Do you consume dairy:
              yes (we have a thing called Labné here made from yogurt/yogurt/cheese)

Do you drink coffee or tea:
              Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:
              Read some good reviews on weight loss and makes sense...and i would like to try to feel healthier

Favorite exercise:
              weight lifting & yoga

Favorite Primal food:
              MEAT

Best part about being Primal:
              I guess eating meat ?

Worst part about being Primal:
              I have no clue, haven't started yet and need all the help you guys can give me!
              Last edited by LumLum; 01-13-2015, 03:59 AM. Reason: forgot to mention im a female :D

Comment

• Where there's a will there is a way ...

I m new to 21-days primal body transformation from London. I hope this will bring change in my eating habits :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Long-time lurker here, have been finding lots of interesting info in the forums. Nice to meet you all!

Your location: Thetis Island, BC, Canada

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: 99%. I don't eat honey or maple syrup or coconut sugar or any of that as even the tiniest amount will make me grouchy and give me awful PMS for my next 2 cycles.

Do you consume dairy: I avoid cheese and yoghurt (most of the time) due to it making me phlegmy, but I cook with butter and ghee and I eat heavy cream occasionally as a treat. I also use unflavored grass-fed whey protein powder in smoothies.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Non-caffeinated tea only. No coffee. I always use stevia in my tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, severe mood swings, pre-diabetes, skin issues...

Favorite exercise: Walking. My husband and I are planning to start weight training soon though and I haven't been doing my body-weight training as often as I would like to.

Favorite Primal food: Grass-fed steak with Roquefort butter at Brasserie L'ecole in Victoria, BC

Best part about being Primal: Clearer skin and improved moods!

Worst part about being Primal: My family telling me I'm going to die of a heart attack by 25 (we all have familial high cholesterol) and trying to convince my husband to go Primal (he suggested it yet he won't let go of bread).

Comment

• Your location: Western Washington

How Primal are you: Eh, just getting started. Love the idea. Grew up on a big farm and so a lot of this is not unfamiliar territory but since moving off the farm 8 years ago my body has changed a lot. Less good food and less activity!

Do you consume dairy: My body hates it so I try to limit it. Yes, even raw.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Have been a regular coffee drinker since I was 17 (switched to espresso shots about 7 years ago) but have gone without for several weeks at a time here and there. Recently started drinking it only once a or so week, though. I go through phases with tea, its definitely enjoyable.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying to find something that works that doesn't take so much effort! Being fit and healthy shouldn't consume my entire life! (as in, chronic cardio and calorie counting)

Favorite exercise: I love being outdoors. I also love working my legs and glutes (squats)

Favorite Primal food: Smoked salmon!

Best part about being Primal: Haven't really gone quite primal yet so I'll let you know when I find out.

Worst part about being Primal: CAKE Real bad sweet tooth!

Hey Everyone,

My story goes like this- I grew up on an huge, wonderful farm. Me and my 5 siblings ran around barefoot all the time, wrestling and having fun. We took care of countless animals, including cows, horses, pigs, goats, chickens, turkeys, ducks and so on from a very early age. My mom always grew a big garden. We had apple, pear, plum, cherry, peach and apricot trees (many of which were old homestead trees). Walnut and filbert trees, and raspberry bushes. We always had home grown beef in our freezer, pork, chicken and the occasional venison from relatives. Eggs and raw milk came from the relatives as well (we just liked having our chickens around and watching them raise chicks). My mom bought store bought milk though which I preferred for some reason. My mom also bought all the junk food which I pigged out on all the time. I got out of eating my veggies and we ate too much ice-cream and drank too much pop.

I'm a pretty small person, and was always skinny. Life took us through some real tough years, especially through my teenage years (stress at home) and I was always too thin. Some would ask if I was anorexic, which offended me but I kind of was. I was still at home when I was 22 and weighed only 100 lbs (5'3"). Well that year I moved out and married the man of my dreams and started to put on weight. I was really glad. But little did I know that I should have watched the scales. In two years I gained 40 lbs. It was shocking. I never had to think about my weight before. My pants went from 2 to 10. So now there was this new mission in life to lose weight. I don't want to be 100 lbs but I sure miss having a flat stomach all the time.

First thing I did was eliminate sugar from my diet. 10 pounds, gone. Then I eliminated dairy - wow that felt amazing! I changed my diet dramatically to very healthy and in the next two years time I was down to a very healthy and fit 114, size 3/4. I felt on top of the world at the age of 26. The best I'd ever felt! Well stress and lots of moving led to some of it coming back and I've been fighting with it ever since. Our healthy eating also suffered with both of us working so much and always being exhausted and resorting to unhealthy meals.

I'm at size 6 now and back to 140 lbs (I look totally different than I did the last time I was 140, I'm guessing because of my exercising). But I have this flabby stomach that I CAN'T GET RID OF and it drives me totally insane. I'm fine with my weight, and my pants size. My legs and butt are fit and the rest of me is just fine except this damn stomach. If it wasn't for that I'd be so happy with my body.

Anyway, that led me here! The primal living makes so much sense to me. The way we lived on the farm never really allowed for anyone to get overweight and out of shape. So I think going back to trying to move around as much as possible would do wonders, getting out of my chronic cardio routine, and getting into consuming way more vegetables would be a great start for me. My parents share their home grown meet with us when they can, which is great. And last winter my husband caught a ton of wild salmon that we froze. He loves eating really healthy, as that's how he grew up - in the woods off-grid and everything home grown and made from scratch. So my husband is always on board with eating better. Yay! Now that I have THIS site I really feel like I have what I need to feel my best!

-Samantha

P.s... I'm a huge supporter of barefootedness. I rarely ever wore shoes the entire time I lived on the farm. Even at 22 I rarely wore shoes. They are such a drag! And the calluses you build really do protect you from a lot. I could take a walk in hot sand on a 105 degree day and be fine. My shoe-wearing sister in law took the same walk with me and literally had burn blisters on the bottom of her feet! I could also run on gravel, no problems whatsoever. Feet are amazing. I bought a pair of vibrams about 5 years ago and absolutely love the freedom without worrying about glass etc. Being on concrete all day, which is entirely unnatural, is when shoes are nice. Otherwise, let 'em breath and be free!

Comment

• And here we go

Your location: Canada

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you: Just starting.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, cream in my coffee, cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Two cups a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose some weight, become more fit. So so out of shape!

Favorite exercise: Really? (see above.....so so out of shape)

Favorite Primal food: Chicken

Best part about being Primal: I don't know yet. Hopefully becoming healthy.

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to eat pasta!

Comment

• Hi I'm new to the forum and really excited to learn all there is about the primal blueprint and different teachings in this forum.

I have not yet switched to primal but after researching a bit more on this forum, we'll see if I might be able to change my mind.

I'm in relatively good physical health and shape but am always open to learning more and improving.

SHBN

Comment

• Liked this so well thought I'd copy .....

Your location: USA

Age 71:

How Primal are you: Just starting.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, love all of it

Do you drink coffee or tea: No, gives me kidney infection from the acids. Had to give it up 50 years ago.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Get back to my normal weight.

Favorite exercise: Callanetics and Yoga

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Not going hungry

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure yet. Maybe missing brown rice.

Comment

• Hello

Your location:Naples, FL

Age (If you want):80

How Primal are you:In my mind only so far.

Do you consume dairy: plain greek yougurt prior to today

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Osteoarthritis, heartburn, recovering from PCa radiation therapy.

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food:Beef

Best part about being Primal: TBD

Worst part about being Primal: no sweets

Comment

• Hello, I am a male age 68, who lives in rural North Texas. Had a heart attack in June 2014 and 7 months into recovery.
                              Am new to this, so just starting to switch my lifestyle for the last 4 weeks. I do not need to lose weight, but improve my health and regain my strength. I drink coffee only in the morning and switched to organic milk as an additive, no sugar. What is best for me to improve my health? I am on 2 cholesterol medicines, blood pressure meds, etc. Not diabetic. I have read the book, Primal Blueprint.

Comment

• Your location: Toronto

Age (If you want):31

How Primal are you: 50%

Do you consume dairy:rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:Health

Favorite exercise: calisthenics is any form

Favorite Primal food:everything

Best part about being Primal: the feeling

Worst part about being Primal: can be tough when eating with others

Comment

Working...
                                X