Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a very simple question although elementary: how in the heck do I post a question or even introduce myself.?!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Ebb View Post
      I have a very simple question although elementary: how in the heck do I post a question or even introduce myself.?!

You just did. WELCOME.
      Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
      Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

• Hello, my name is Jodi. My forum name is Aine Vend, Irish/Swedish name of my motorcycle.
        (Beautiful, glorious, brilliant wind)
        Your location:South Dakota

Age (If you want):54

How Primal are you:25% may be accurate, (100% so far today)

Do you consume dairy: Some cheese and yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Vitality and strength

Favorite exercise:This time of year, snow shoveling

Favorite Primal food: Bacon and eggs

Best part about being Primal: Bacon and eggs

Worst part about being Primal: Going it alone and pushups and pull ups, for now but not forever

Comment

• Your location:

Dallas, TX

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

I love working out but I need a dramatic change in my diet. I read about the Primal diet and loved the idea. I decided to give it a try

Do you consume dairy:

I won't be during the 21 day challenge

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Yes I like both. I recently started drinking coffee on a daily basis when I took a position on night shift

Motivator for switching to Primal:

I began clinical rotations for school and saw majority of patients were having health complications due to their unhealthy lifestyles. I saw the pain and suffering they and their family members would go through and realized if I don't change my diet, I will end up having similar complications.

Favorite exercise:

Running and HIIT (the insanity work outs)

Favorite Primal food:

Avocados

Best part about being Primal:

I am just starting but I cannot weight to see and feel the overall changes my body will go through

Worst part about being Primal:

I'm fearful of not sticking through the carb-flu.

Comment

• Your location: CALIFORNIA

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: MODERATE

Do you consume dairy: JUST CHEESE

Do you drink coffee or tea: BOTH

Motivator for switching to Primal: TRIM DOWN

Favorite exercise: RUNNING

Favorite Primal food: FRUITS

Best part about being Primal: LOSING WEIGHT AND FEELING GOOD

Worst part about being Primal: LIMITING MY FOOD INTAKE

Comment

• introducing me

The Questions:

Your location: Dublin, Ireland

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: mostly (I think )

Do you consume dairy: sometimes

Do you drink coffee or tea: ALL the time

Motivator for switching to Primal: digestive issues and some lethargy over the years

Favorite exercise:rock climbing

Favorite Primal food: roast chicken

Best part about being Primal: being able to eat out (I used to be always looking for gluten free options, now I just look for half a chicken!)

Worst part about being Primal: no gluten free toast with marmite and tea!

Comment

• Your location: Eugene, Oregon

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: 80%, working towards 90%

Do you consume dairy: Mostly cheese and yogurt, occasionally heavy cream and ice cream splurges

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea daily, coffee occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: Keep up with my kids, look good naked (not at the same time)

Favorite exercise(s): Yoga, bodyweight exercises, and golf

Favorite Primal food: Bacon with a side of bacon

Best part about being Primal: Increased energy, reduction in anxiety

Worst part about being Primal: My wife is a pastry chef :-/

Comment

• Hey everyone. I'm new here I've read quite a bit about primal/paleo lifestyles and dabbled with it here and there but have never fully committed to it....until today. Sick and tired of feeling exhausted, anxious,depressed, achy, sore, etc. Tommorow is the start of my new lifestyle

Comment

• [QUOTE=Anonymous;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Farmington, NH

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: just started today

Do you consume dairy: prior to today YES, i have only had light cream in my coffee..

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: needing to be healthy. Im so tired of being tired. Carrying so.much extra weight is depressing.

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: meat lol

Best part about being Primal: undecided

Worst part about being Primal: undecided

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location:northern Indiana

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you:75%

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Both. Black

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, vitality, solving IBS issues

Favorite exercise: hiking!

Favorite Primal food: avocados

Best part about being Primal: being off the sugar/grain roller coaster

Worst part about being Primal: being the family oddball

Comment

• Your intro sounds like me! 40, female, mother, tummy troubles.I've been at it for about 6 weeks...am really starting to tell a difference in how I feel. Good luck to you!!

Comment

• Here goes!

Your location: Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 27 & 30

How Primal are you: We are only getting on this band wagon now. It's been three days for me, and zero for him as he "finishes" all the "bad" food in the house lol

Do you consume dairy: We haven't kicked cheese...

Do you drink coffee or tea: He drinks coffee, but he says he's quitting it if he has to drink it black, and I drink herbal teas - black...but once I read into this more, maybe I'll have to let that go!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. I worked out 6 days a week for about 4-5mths and ate "healthy" and saw little change. I was getting stronger but my fat wasn't going anywhere. It was disheartening. I quit the workout because I was depressed about working so hard and not seeing a change. I wish I hadn't but I was unhappy at the time. After reading into what Paleo was all about it just helped make everything make sense. I talked to the boyfriend and he said he was game for change.

Favorite exercise: TRX everything EXCEPT for triceps work...ouch!

Favorite Primal food: Big juicy grass fed steak in any meal.

Best part about being Primal: It's only been a few days but hopefully the change in my health, energy and sleep levels.

Worst part about being Primal: No tacos...but I'm sure people have found new recipes for the taco loving addicts. Zack will say "no ice cream" - he has a sweet tooth that will be hard to conquer!

Looking forward to reading everything I can and get fully started on Monday with the 21-day challenge! My books are in the mail and my house has been almost completely raided of all "bad" foods.

Comment

• New here as of 1/10/15 to the forum. Started Paleo lifestyle December 28, 2014. Loving the results so far which are cured of sugar addiction, level energy, lack of carb cravings, 10lbs weight loss and dropped pant size. Look forward to enjoying the journey with you guys.

Comment

How Primal are you: At the moment not at all. Am starting Tuesday. I don't have much access to free range meat or organic vegetables at the moment, but will get them when I can and otherwise focus on eating pure and make food from scratch. Will keep some dairy products as well as potatoes, legumes, etc., but no grain.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both in moderation.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Increasingly poor health and mobility due to bad food choices and malnutrition. I want to do something about it before it becomes irreversible.

Favorite exercise: Exploring forests.

Favorite Primal food: Animals.

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Worst part about being Primal: ...
                              Last edited by thistlehawk; 01-10-2015, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Love dairy and coffee
                                Want to go primal to drop 10-15 lbs
                                Favorite exercise is cycling
                                Favorite food: steak
                                Best part about Primal: Energy
                                Worst part: i miss pizza and beer

Comment

Working...
                                X