This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lnormandeau View Post
    I absolutely loved reading this book and am a true believer in its concepts. Here are my answers to the questions:

Your location: Ottawa, Canada

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: about 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes I love cheese and won't give it up!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, 1 or 2 caffeinated, and maybe another decaf - I know, that's not so good.

Motivator for switching to Primal: i recently lost 25 pounds by being in ketosis, albeit watching my fat intake considerably. i'm very motivated to lose another 15 and to keep it off forever!

Favorite exercise: strength training and walking

Favorite Primal food: i love it all

Best part about being Primal: no more calorie counting

Worst part about being Primal: none
    Thanks for coming in. You won't be disappointed. This works.
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

• Originally posted by craigmcc View Post
      Evening everyone, hope you all had a great new year.

Your location: Sheffield, UK

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 80-90% (stupid dark chocolate and wine)

Do you consume dairy: a bit with my tea and a little butter to cook with

Do you drink coffee or tea: various kinds of tea 6-7 cups per day

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was doing the usual weight and calorie battle for 10 years eating less and less with little improvement. I must have read about paleo/primal in few locations and it was the only "diet" that made sense to me.

Favorite exercise: walking and playing with my baby girl

Favorite Primal food: nuts, meat, pork scratchings

Best part about being Primal: large servings of food and being too slim for a belt my parents bought me when I was 13

Worst part about being Primal: snacking on the go, bakeries are still so tempting 😢

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
      You've made a good choice here. I tried all the old conventional low calorie ways too, for years like you. For me, this has been too easy.

Comment

• I'm a hobby farmer in heaven.

Hello everyone and happy new year. Just introducing myself to the group.

I took early retirement, and now I run my hobby farm near Brantford Ontario, full time.
        So far, I have one horse, 14 ducks, 30 chickens, and in 2013-14, I raised my first two cows. Grass-fed on my pastures of course!

I picked them up in December of 2013 as 6 months old calves, raised them up to market size and took them to a local butcher in December 2014. The butcher commented that they were "skinny", well he's used to grain fed cattle. He also noted that the beef was very lean. I just loaded it all in my freezer a few days ago, 450 pounds of packaged beef from the bull and 394 pounds from the heifer. Half of it is sold already and I haven't even tasted it yet! I will have some more for sale if anyone nearby is interested.

I also need to find some good recipes for beef heart and tongue!

Bon appetit, Brian

Comment

• English Cowboy, my envy runneth over. What a great retirement choice. Wish I was nearby to let you regain some freezer space. Welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Caton View Post
            You've made a good choice here. I tried all the old conventional low calorie ways too, for years like you. For me, this has been too easy.
            I know I keep on waiting for the catch, I eat as much as I want and it's only when I cheat that any weight ever goes on. I've converted my dad who has struggled with his weight for as long as I can remember; he's now lighter than he's ever been in my lifetime 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by craigmcc View Post
              I know I keep on waiting for the catch, I eat as much as I want and it's only when I cheat that any weight ever goes on. I've converted my dad who has struggled with his weight for as long as I can remember; he's now lighter than he's ever been in my lifetime 😀

It's a mind-boggling thing, isn't it? I haven't found the "catch" yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Caton View Post
                Come on in. Pretty nice here. You didn't specifically say if you eat grains. It appears they may not be high on your list. Feel free to share.
                i do but very very little i eat oatmeal in the mornigs if need be but other than that i like usig cabbage as a bread .
                my main dilemma about getting started is money i am a student and work a phone job basically .

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRaccoon View Post
                  i do but very very little i eat oatmeal in the mornigs if need be but other than that i like usig cabbage as a bread .
                  my main dilemma about getting started is money i am a student and work a phone job basically .
                  The cost of going Primal is frequently mentioned as a hurdle. May I suggest you start a thread here (off this introductory thread) by posting the question to the forum and get broad advice in to how others address the issue of costs.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Pittsburgh, PA

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: about 70% there. I still drink coffee and eat dairy. I keep my carbs below 50 most days.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, normally just cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee replaced my DNA a few years ago. I’m working on that.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I began by cutting out gluten because I realized I had intolerance to it. The more I read about Paleo the more it scientifically made sense to me. This is my third primal book; each book gets better and better. I’m looking forward to participating in this.

Favorite exercise: Hang cleans

Favorite Primal food: Beef all day every day. I can never get tired of this.

Best part about being Primal: The internal benefits for long-term health. PLUS the ability to maintain my 200 pound weight loss is much easier AND I eat higher calories. It’s delicious.

Worst part about being Primal: I want to say limiting food choices but it makes it easier actually. The annoying part is how people tend to analyze everything I do and always have to comment but it became fun when I started commenting back. So to be honest, I don’t have many complaints I just have fun with it all now.

My new Blog: www.NicholasDMarts.com
                    Last edited by ndmarts; 01-03-2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Newbie looking for some advice. Even with everything I've read I'm not hundred percent sure where to start. I don't cook much and have no desire to change that. Any advice on grab and go and high-protein low-carb foods? I already make green vege/whey smoothies for breakfast. Thinking about things like tuna for lunch, hard-boiled eggs.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Los Angles

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you:

Mostly Primal. I don't consume beef I'm vegetarian. I'm more interested in drinks in smoothie recipes today

Do you consume dairy: Yes , almost every day

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:

started out as an experiment, no sugar before beef,no orange after eating pork

Favorite exercise:

I've been enjoying fitness, swimming and another sports

Favorite Primal food:

Salad

Best part about being Primal:

Salad

Worst part about being Primal:

Pork and beef

Comment

• Your location: Ft Myers, FL

How Primal are you: About 90%

Do you consume dairy: very little, like cream in my coffee every once in a while and like cheese on some salads

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, just getting into hot teas as I cut back on coffee (I love coffee and found I use it for afternoon and evening energy boosts so am backing off as I embrace the primal journey)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Crossfit initially and now because I just feel so much better

Favorite exercise: I love to run - have run for years. I am backing down on the amount of running and adding more leisure biking, walking and weightlifting to the mix

Favorite Primal food: A nicely grilled steak with a generous side of sautéed broccoli

Best part about being Primal: I feel so good when I stick with primal eating and I don't get sick or feel aches and pains

Worst part about being Primal: it can be a challenge when dinning out at friends/family homes who don't follow or understand primal eating. I try to take a side dish my husband and I can eat and we make the most of the rest

Comment

• Hi all,

No questions yet, but there is couple thats lurking.

I am from Richards Bay, South africa. Hot and humid for now.

Age, 47

Primal ? i would say about 80%

My dairy consumption is very little apart from cheese and odd butter episode.
                            i do get very bad sinus infections from ice cream and milk and whey products, whey being the worst.

I like a good coffee, but green tea also great.

i have been with gut and love handles since very young age, NOW is time for change.

I love, stepper machines, squats and kettle bell.

Chicken, lamb chops,leg of lamb, gammon,Tbone steak

Finding a favorite recipe or just braai (BBQ) and red wine :-)

When my neighbor BBQ`s during the week and i cannot. The flavor(that comes over the wall) is positively driving me
                            crazy.

Comment

• Your location: Daytona Beach, fl
                              Age 52

How Primal are you: About 90%

Do you consume dairy: very little, like cream in my coffee every once in a while and like cheese on some salads

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee in the a.m. Just getting off the sugar free fat free flavored crap. I have Organic half and half

Motivator for switching to Primal: I love vegetables and I hate trying to keep a food journal. It makes me too hungry. I want to lose the 20 pounds I gained but mainly I dont want to obsess about food anymore

Favorite exercise: Zumba and Yoga. I dont like lifting weights but I know I have to. I work alot on my feet for 8-10 hours a day for 27 years now so my feet and legs really cant take the heavy cardio anymore

Favorite Primal food: Prime Rib. chicken wings

Best part about being Primal: I have no real insatiable hunger like when I eat chocolate. I dont obsess about when my next meal will be. I can eat till Im full

Worst part about being Primal: Hard to precook breakfasts, lunch and dinner for hubby and I. I have to give up Ranch Dressing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Keesha View Post
                                Newbie looking for some advice. Even with everything I've read I'm not hundred percent sure where to start. I don't cook much and have no desire to change that. Any advice on grab and go and high-protein low-carb foods? I already make green vege/whey smoothies for breakfast. Thinking about things like tuna for lunch, hard-boiled eggs.

Simply dropping grain based processed foods, sugar and refined vegetable oil is a great start. Quick foods like boiled eggs and canned fish are good starts as well until you're ready to be 100% immersed.

Comment

Working...
                                X