X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi. I'm Kerry.

Percent Primal: Striving for 100% I need to
    Iose weight for a knee replacement after sustaining an injury.

Dairy : Yes. Sparingly. I was told I am allergic to dairy. I'll put a tbsp of cream in my coffee and will put 1-2 oz of hard cheese in an omelet or a salad once in a while. I can be a cheese-a-holic.

Coffee/Tea: Trying to break that. If I drink coffee it is no more than 2 cups (8 oz coffee mug) a day. Another reason to change is that I like sweet coffee and want to stop using Trivia.

Motivator: Started out needing to lose weight for a knee replacement. Ended up being because I felt I'd be dead soon if something didn't change. I had chronic fatigue and felt extremely unhealthy. I could barely move.

Favorite exercise: Pool exercises with PT.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon!

Best Part of Primal: Dropping weight, having energy again, and cleared mental fog. I look forward to doing things.

Worst Part: The sight /smell of uncooked meat. I have my hubby buy it and cook it. If I see uncooked meat or smell it, I feel nauseated. That's mostly why I was vegetarian/vegan for years. I've been that way about uncooked meat since childhood. It drove my parents crazy!
    Last edited by KerryH; 12-22-2014, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Moses
      I have been in the primal journey for 2 years. I have mixed connective tissue disease and my MD recommended it to me. I feel better but still have occasional flares of mctd.
      Reading the posts and analyzing my diet I am realizing that I need to significantly reduce my wine and other sweets.
      It is a journey...
      I am 58 and live in San Diego

Comment

• Dave Lewis // Little Rock, AR

Your location: Little Rock, AR

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: I was on the 80-20 train for most of 2014...but the holidays have gotten me off track. 2015 is a restart to my Primal ways!

Do you consume dairy: Indeed. Heavy whipping cream in the coffee. Kerrygold Butter. A little cheese here and there.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee every morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Losing weight and still eating great food.

Favorite exercise: Weight Training

Favorite Primal food: Bacon. Without a doubt.

Best part about being Primal: I feel better than I ever have. No stomach issues, I hardly ever get sick, and maintaining or losing weight is a breeze.

Worst part about being Primal: Some people just don't understand, and it makes social situations difficult or even just eating together with family.

Comment

• Welcome Coupedaveille and best of luck on your 2015 restart.
          Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
          Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

• Hello hello!
            I have long thought about converting to a no grain, primal diet, but did not know it had a name or a guide on how to do so! I am so glad to learn more about changing my lifestyle for the better.

Your location: middle of the USA

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: I'm new, so probably 40%?

Do you consume dairy: sometimes (butter & cottage cheese)

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, and my body (like all) benefits from low carb diets. My mother died from cancer last year. My father was recently hospitalized for high blood pressure. He since has lost 35 pounds from his primal lifestyle, and inspired me to do the same. I want to live a long healthy life and want to be happy with my health. Primal seems the way to go!

Favorite exercise: Hiking, I love exploring nature with my dog and camping with my partner.

Favorite Primal food: pumpkin seeds & hempseeds! I'm allergic to nuts and was long a vegetarian. gotta love nutty-flavored and fatty seeds!

Best part about being Primal: knowing I am in control of my body, and feeling good every morning.

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to make all the delicious bran muffins & baked goods I used to... or at least the ability to eat them after I make them.

Comment

• Welcome Baylem, to your new journey. Hope you'll share it with us as you go along.

Comment

• The Questions:

1. I have seen a lot of negative talk about dairy in the media. I have been raised on dairy, and I love it, and I don't believe it has done me badly at all. How does dairy fit in with Primal? I believe the cream on the milk to be very good for me - am I correct? Does the cream actually make a person fat like the media would have you believe?

2. My wife is 54 and has serious hypertension. She is on medication twice a day, she does not eat salt, fats or bread, and she is a 'waterholic', but her blood pressure is still out of control (commonly 160/110). Would the Primal diet help her?

Your location: West Coast, New Zealand

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: Just started, but I have been trying to steadily eliminate processed carbs from my diet, and to major on meat, vegetables and fats.

Do you consume dairy: Yes - I love it, especially butter and cheese!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Never

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am overweight, and I have arthritis, which I am sure has to do with grain toxins (this last one I want to try to prove!)

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Fatty meat

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet, but the weight loss is fantastic!

Worst part about being Primal: None really - I just get on with my life and let others follow theirs.

Comment

• Welcome Jonibenj.

Some people seem to handle dairy just fine. Others don't. it really appears to be an individual issue. In most cases I know of, it is the casein protein that is the difficulty, not the fats (despite the anti-fat bias of the media). The casein issue seems to be related to cattle breed difference as well, varying between world regions. I use cream and butter heavily. I don't have any personal problem with milk ... but it isn't one of my preferences. I'd say, use your own judgment on the dairy issue.

Comment

• Hello Everybody, I have been lurking on this site for about a year and thought I would join up 'proper' as I feel the community support will help me on my journey! I have learnt a lot from the generosity of regular posters so hope I can contribute something too.

Your location: London

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: about 80% - for about a year now

Do you consume dairy: a little, not much as it seems to aggravate my sinisitus

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes coffee, everyday!

Motivator for switching to Primal: To maintain a healthy weight, energy levels, joie de vivre! And to help manage sinus issues initially anyway.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Eggs!

Best part about being Primal: I feel great,I look great and have such a clarity of mind. Emotional peace.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to navigate other people and occasions that don't suit my way of life without becoming a social outcast!

Comment

• Yea. Welcome Mellow Yellow. Seems I remember a song about you from many years ago. Please dive in.

Comment

• Thank you John😄 I look forward to getting involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Your location: Knoxville,TN USA

Age (If you want):30

How Primal are you:No idea ..I don't consume dairy,processed foods,legumes and eat mostly vegetbles and meat .

Do you consume dairy:nope

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee black usually i just chew beans

Motivator for switching to Primal: I depsite my efforts am still horribly out of shape .

Favorite exercise: running,Steel mace barbarian squats and kettlebell cleans

Favorite Primal food: Fish

Best part about being Primal:I do not know yet

Worst part about being Primal: none hopefully

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRaccoon View Post
                            Your location: Knoxville,TN USA

Age (If you want):30

How Primal are you:No idea ..I don't consume dairy,processed foods,legumes and eat mostly vegetbles and meat .

Do you consume dairy:nope

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee black usually i just chew beans

Motivator for switching to Primal: I depsite my efforts am still horribly out of shape .

Favorite exercise: running,Steel mace barbarian squats and kettlebell cleans

Favorite Primal food: Fish

Best part about being Primal:I do not know yet

Worst part about being Primal: none hopefully
                            Come on in. Pretty nice here. You didn't specifically say if you eat grains. It appears they may not be high on your list. Feel free to share.

Comment

• Primal newbie

I absolutely loved reading this book and am a true believer in its concepts. Here are my answers to the questions:

Your location: Ottawa, Canada

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: about 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes I love cheese and won't give it up!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, 1 or 2 caffeinated, and maybe another decaf - I know, that's not so good.

Motivator for switching to Primal: i recently lost 25 pounds by being in ketosis, albeit watching my fat intake considerably. i'm very motivated to lose another 15 and to keep it off forever!

Favorite exercise: strength training and walking

Favorite Primal food: i love it all

Best part about being Primal: no more calorie counting

Worst part about being Primal: none

Comment

• Evening everyone, hope you all had a great new year.

Your location: Sheffield, UK

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 80-90% (stupid dark chocolate and wine)

Do you consume dairy: a bit with my tea and a little butter to cook with

Do you drink coffee or tea: various kinds of tea 6-7 cups per day

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was doing the usual weight and calorie battle for 10 years eating less and less with little improvement. I must have read about paleo/primal in few locations and it was the only "diet" that made sense to me.

Favorite exercise: walking and playing with my baby girl

Favorite Primal food: nuts, meat, pork scratchings

Best part about being Primal: large servings of food and being too slim for a belt my parents bought me when I was 13

Worst part about being Primal: snacking on the go, bakeries are still so tempting 😢

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X