This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Georgia, USA

How Primal are you: Not very primal yet but interested in this diet. I have food allergies and can not have gluten, dairy, refined sugar (fruits are ok), and must eat low fat. I'm 5'2 and weigh 90 pounds so I m looking for a way to gain weight so that I can build my energy back up. I've been sick for about two years and most foods make me nauseous. I figured I would try this since it's basically an organic diet.

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: no, only water

Motivator for switching to Primal: hopefully it will help with medical issues

Favorite exercise: walking and swimming but haven't exercised in a couple of years due to weight loss and no energy

Favorite primal food: chicken

Best part about being primal: I'll let you know

Worst part about being primal: Not sure yet

Comment

• Lifestyle changes in the making!

Mother of 3. Ages: 15,14 & 4

Interests: my children, education, bodybuilding, inspiring others to live a whole, healthy & happy life.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread

Life is Beautiful

Comment

• My location: Central Kansas

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal am I: depends, I try to shoot for 80/20. on the diet that is.

Do I consume dairy: yep

Do I drink coffee or tea: rarely, recently I decided that I'm hypersensitive to caffeine and am now avoiding it

Motivator for switching to Primal: maximizing the performance of.....myself

Favorite exercise: bodyweight, rowing, crossfit,

Favorite Primal food: hard to choose....brisket?

Best part about being Primal: explaining it to people that are interested

Worst part about being Primal: explaining it to people that 90% of the time aren't really interested....

Looking forward to talking with everyone!

Comment

• Your location: East Bay Area, Northern CA/Himachal Pradesh, India (spend part of each year in both places)

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: Don't know, I started cutting out breads and other carbs a few weeks ago. At a guess, about 60 percent...

Do you consume dairy: Yes - cream, butter, yogurt, and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee (US) / Chai (India)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Less weight and more energy. I also saw how well our pets were doing on limited ingredient/grain-free food, and wondered why I wasn't treating myself the same way.

Favorite exercise: walking our dog

Favorite Primal food: Head cheese, steak, and shrimp

Best part about being Primal: Head cheese for breakfast? Yes please.

Worst part about being Primal: Allergies. I'm allergic to peanuts, all tree nuts, and coconut.
            Sent from some place with working electricity and Internet
            "Your body isn't a temple--it's an amusement park! Enjoy the ride." -- Anthony Bourdain

My Journal: Cheap, Lazy, and Primal
            The CLaP soundtrack: Hear it on YouTube

Comment

• Name: Laurie

Your location: Lampasas, Texas

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: Just beginning the journey

Do you consume dairy: Cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: both…coffee-black, tea-unsweetened with lemon/lime/orange

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss (need to lose 100 lbs), overall health (want to be more active)

Favorite exercise: walking, swimming

Favorite Primal food: beef (My father raises organic grass-fed angus, so I have a free supply of high quality beef.)

Best part about being Primal: Makes sense and isn’t just a quick fix-love the health aspects

Worst part about being Primal: having to give up steamed white rice…switching to wild and brown.

Comment

• Your location: Minneapolis MN

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: currently following Paleo 100 percent

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup of coffee a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss! and tired of feeling sluggish and dragged down.

Favorite exercise: yoga and elliptical

Favorite Primal food: Eggs for sure

Best part about being Primal: Energy!

Worst part about being Primal: ice cream

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hello there!

2: 80%
                  3: Yes
                  4: Tea
                  5: Introduced through crossfire a few years ago
                  6: Burpees
                  7: BBQ'd Meat
                  8: The way I feel
                  9: errrrrrm?

Comment

• Your location: Western NY near Lake Erie

Age (If you want): 70

How Primal are you: about 85%

Do you consume dairy: butter, cheese and occasional cottage cheese or yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: usually 2 cups black coffee in the am and hot tea in the afternoon

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanted to have fewer migraines ....so far no improvement

Favorite exercise: Used to be running but now reduced to doing back exercises and modified push ups

Favorite Primal food: green salad with beef, chicken or salmon for lunch

Best part about being Primal: blood work much improved and a bit more energy

Worst part about being Primal: I still miss bread

Comment

• Hello, just joined the forum so thought I should introduce myself!

Your location: England

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: Just started so still learning

Do you consume dairy: Yes, yoghurt, cheese, cream and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health issues getting worse and having all the markers for stroke and generally feeling ancient!

Favorite exercise: walking, have fibromyalgia so sometimes even walking can be a struggle without my walking stick

Favorite Primal food: too soon to say yet.

Best part about being Primal: feeling in control of my health and less fibromyalgia aches already.

Worst part about being Primal: None, at the moment. Could well be not having roast potatoes and yorkshire pudding.

Comment

• Hail people!

Your location: Portugal, Aveiro

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Trying to be moar!

Do you consume dairy: Cheese and butter. Milk but really few, and if so its on cheat days.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, a lot.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Be better, stronger, awesomer.

Favorite exercise: Fighting.

Favorite Primal food: God's skin, most known as Bacon.

Best part about being Primal: Just starting, but its like an adventure!

Worst part about being Primal: maybe the lack of options when I need to eat on the go.

Comment

• Long time reader, podcast listener. I try to be primal and or bulletproof as much as convenient. I live in San Diego, I am approaching the big Forty and want to live to break 95 and kick butt up until that point! Family history is pretty much cancer free and around 80-90 years expectancy. I have been in and out of health and popular viewpoint type websites and podcasts. I love the Primal and Bulletproof perspectives. I have my bulletproof coffee 5 times a week. I fall off the wagon and have GMO and or oversugared stuff a few (less than 10) times a week. I have started to take this all much more seriously after just getting married and visiting a primary care doc. I love snowboarding, like golf and love working out. I hate running but need to run occasionally for work, so its necessary to stay fit. The best part about being Primal is the lack of stomach aches and foggy head. Worst part is guilt from falling off the ladder and eating wrong.
                          Thank you all in advance for any and all advice and input.

Comment

• Your location: Ireland

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Just started eating heart the other week. Looking forward to more tasty organs. I am still in the hunting and planning phase, going to each shop, finding the ones with the best organic selection.

Do you consume dairy: As I kid I drank two litres of milk a day, the pasturised stuff. I eat all kinds of cheese and cream. Going to try to auto-immune protocol once I get my bearings sorted.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Lots of herbal tea and coffee maybe 4 times a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to thrive and help others thrive too. My body is a gift, I should treat it with care and love.

Favorite exercise: Running along the train tracks into town, also grok squating in work when nobody is looking.

Favorite Primal food: Mince meat!

Best part about being Primal: Self-love.

Worst part about being Primal: None found yet!

Comment

• Your location: IN / US

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Foodwise, close to 100%? Exercisewise, working on it!

Do you consume dairy: Fermented stuff only

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fat, sick, felt bad daily

Favorite exercise: Swimming, Sprints, Deadlifts

Favorite Primal food: Good meats

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good, starting to lose some gut!

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing so far. I can smell tasty bread and doughnuts from 40 feet away now though!

Comment

• Keigan is my dogs name, we are both stepping into a primal lifestyle.

I'm 51 and Keigan is 7
                                I'm 242 as of this morning at 6'4"
                                We love in a small farming community of Carnation WA, about 25 miles due East of downtown Seattle.
                                My objective is healthy weight loss, heading to 210.
                                We walk morning and night and will be adding some fun into the walks.

Really enjoy the site.

Comment

Working...
                                X