X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony from jersey keto dieter

Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Do you consume dairy:

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Favorite exercise:

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:

Comment

• Hi im from jersey ive been on keto die for 6 months trying to lose body fat, im 59 years old and having a hard time losing...

Comment

• Hello! My name is Carling and i'm on day 12 of my 21 day challenge, i've dabled in it on and off for a few months (one day no grains, two days grain heaven lol, too many exceptions etc...). Day 12 and i'm feeling great. I'm so excited to be part of this community and really hoping to feel a sense of belonging and inclusion to help with my success.

The Questions:

Your location:
        Alberta, Canada

Age (If you want): 30 (turning 31 in a couple of weeks!)

How Primal are you: Day 12 strong, super primal.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but trying to cut back. Mostly cream in my coffee and yogurt and sometimes cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee and espresso, but no more than two a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, better health, more energy

Favorite exercise: The pull up, even though I cant do a full one yet i'm seeing improvements, two years ago i could barely hang, now i can do monkey bars, hold myself at the top of a pull up bar and from a dead hang do about a 1/4 of a pull up.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs!

Best part about being Primal: The crazy energy I have and the ease of finding yummy things to eat without going hungry.

Worst part about being Primal: I still miss bread, but finding some great alternatives.

Comment

• Your location: Sarasota, FL

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Very Little

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee - Black

Motivator for switching to Primal: Good Health and Wellness - Also I love how I feel!!!

Favorite exercise: Weight Training, Walking (especially on beach!)

Favorite Primal food: Salmon, Steak, Chicken

Best part about being Primal: Feels Great!

Worst part about being Primal: Having to cut back on the cocktails

Comment

• My turn!!

Your location: Phoenix, Arizona

Age (If you want): Forever young in my heart

How Primal are you:80/20..my will power and I still have heated debates with loses on my side.

Do you consume dairy: My stomach is high maintenance and demands raw milk products only or it will throw temper tantrums like a rock star.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee is my first love but I will flirt with some tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Digestion issues that can clear a room *ahem* and wheat induced anxiety attacks.

Favorite exercise: Hiking the sonoran desert mountains and running away from rattlesnakes and scorpions...oh and some weight lifting too!

Favorite Primal food: Anything red meat : )

Best part about being Primal: Feeling stronger, clear headed, less pain

Worst part about being Primal: The 99% who is not : )

Comment

• Your location: Austin, TX

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: just starting out

Do you consume dairy: currently only greek yogurt (for the protein)

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: health benefits, build muscle

Favorite exercise: this is a hard one...does zumba count?

Favorite Primal food: avocado

Best part about being Primal: the increased energy!

Worst part about being Primal: no bread (I told you I'm new)
              Cgbrooks
              http://daily-paleo-recipes.com

Comment

• Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread

How primal are you?: just started

Dairy?: sometimes I need a cheesefix...

Coffee or tea?: tea!

Motivation?: weight and health

Favorite exercise?: crossfit

Favorite primal food?: seafood

Best part?: feeling good and not bloated and sickly

Worst part?: icecream and pizza !
                Last edited by Hentz; 11-18-2014, 06:04 AM.

Comment

• Your location: Auburn, Al

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: Getting ready to start

Do you consume dairy: Some. I have noticed an increased intolerance and negative side effects to lactose,

Do you drink coffee or tea: Some coffee and a good bit of tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am unhappy with the way I am physically and mentally feeling lately. I feel sluggish, weighed down, and just plain crappy. I consider myself fit and mostly healthy, but I would like to take it a step further and see if I can't drop some extra weight and feel like my body isn't just constantly fighting itself. I also have severe IBS and I want to alleviate this issue.

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Chicken and Tomato

Best part about being Primal: N/A

Worst part about being Primal: N/A

Comment

• Your location: Bloemfontein, South Africa

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: Considering it. Only stumbled onto this site and I was intrigued by the idea.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to do what's best for my body. The reasoning behind primal living makes sense to me.

Favorite exercise: Insanity

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Can't really say, since I haven't actually tried it.

Worst part about being Primal: ...

Comment

• Alright, I'm gonna give this a shot, my first post right here!

Your location: Illinois, USA

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: Don't really know, that is kind of why I am here! Have followed the site since July 2014.

Do you consume dairy: Very little, mainly cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: I might have 1 cup of coffee per week

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss! and tired of feeling sluggish and dragged down.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Eggs are pretty up there and steak.

Best part about being Primal: The weight I have lost and new energy I have.

Worst part about being Primal: I really freaking miss Pizza!

Comment

• Central Maryland, USA

Aged 27, female.

I'm about 80% primal ( we brew beer and cyser, so we imbibe on the regular)

I drink goat milk and eat goat cheese and kefir from my own goats.

I drink coffee daily

I went primal after 7 years of being a vegetarian and not feeling good, ever

I love kettlebell routines, the halo in particular

Favorite food would have to be cabbage stewed with pork sausage

The best part is all the boundless energy! I feel fantastic and I' never feel starved.

The worst part is all the judgement from my vegetarian/vegan friends.

Comment

• Hello everyone, just joined. Been primal for about 3 years and have largely been alone in my journey that whole time. I thought it might be nice to find some like minded people to chat with so here I am.

Your location: Indiana

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Nearly 100%

Do you consume dairy: Just cheese about twice a week.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green Tea for breakfast every morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I lost 30 pounds about 4 years ago and couldn't keep it off, lost it again and found primal as a way to keep it off for good, so far so good, haven't counted a calorie or gained an ounce in years.

Favorite exercise: Trail Running

Favorite Primal food: Avocado

Best part about being Primal: Eating as much food as I want at any given time and never being hungry

Worst part about being Primal: There really is no downside for me, I don't miss Twinkies so it's all upside for me.

Comment

• Hi Everyone! I am really happy to be here!

Your location: Switzerland but originally from Peru
                            How Primal are you: 90% Drink some red wine on and off
                            Do you consume dairy: Yes, Raw milk, butter and cheese
                            Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. Bulletproof coffee
                            Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and weight loss
                            Favorite exercise: Walking and squats
                            Favorite Primal food: EVERYTHING, bacon, avocados and berries
                            Best part about being Primal: Feeling great!
                            Worst part about being Primal: Social Pressure. Especially the questions that you get when you tell people you don't eat grains

Comment

• Your location: South Florida

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: Hard to say. I'm new to this. Been weaning myself off carbs about 6 weeks now. I don't eat processed foods, nor processed sugars for about 6 year now. Just recently gave up carbs/grains. I do eat a small amount of carbs on days that I plan to train or play hard (though maybe this is unecessary?).

Do you consume dairy: I eat more cheese than I'd like to admit.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've life an extremely active and healthy lifestyle and stay quite fit. Though, over the past few months I let myself go a bit recently and started to see the paunch around my middle again (noticed first by GF). Needed to do something. So... My friend has been blabbing about paleo for years (and I respect his opinion), and I've been following some of the research and thought now was the time. Lost most of the belly fat in a month.

Favorite exercise: Surfing, kayaking, cycling, playing sports. Way more fun than the gym. Though I weight train nearly daily.

Favorite Primal food: Steak? Bacon? Steak with bacon?

Best part about being Primal: Eating until satiation

Worst part about being Primal: I miss pizza
                              Last edited by KayakDave; 11-25-2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Your location: Kansas

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: I developed this way of eating based on what foods caused me to be in pain and which foods didn't. Although I am becoming less and less sensitive to what I eat, in its strictest version, it is pretty much 100% primal.

Do you consume dairy: Not usually. It doesn't cause me to hurt, but it does cause my resting heart rate to increase for a day or so.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal:Eliminate fibro pain and brain fog

Favorite exercise: Walking in my woods.

Favorite Primal food: I pretty much just love food!

Best part about being Primal: Having my life back!

Worst part about being Primal: The desire to taste foods that are going to make me not feel well.

Comment

Working...
                                X