• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Canberra Australia
    Age (If you want): 29
    How Primal are you: 90% primal
    Do you consume dairy: On occasion
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Only once in my lifetime have I hit my goal weight then I got pregnant. So this primal diet made me hit my goal weight for the second time and it's lasting.
    Favorite exercise: Sit ups, squats and burpees
    Favorite Primal food: My modified italian meals.
    Best part about being Primal: Less bloated, more energy, lots of compliments and more practise in the kitchen.
    Worst part about being Primal: breaks the budget and less social outings.

I'm really glad I eat primal. I have cooked more in the last 7 months then I have ever cooked. Which means more nutrition for me and my family, less processed food and defiantly a greater passion for cooking. I want to share my italian recipes turned primal so everyone can benefit from this way of eating. I cringe to wonder what the grandparents and great parents (in their graves) are thinking about my modifying recipes but if only they could of experienced this great feeling of eating so well.

Gusto Paleo | The Paleo Taste
    http://gustopaleo.com

Comment

• Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Probably about 75% of what I eat is primal.

Do you consume dairy: Only occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Controlling cravings, hormone balancing and energy levels

Favorite exercise: Deadlifts

Favorite Primal food: See my username ;-) also avocados, coconut oil and salmon

Best part about being Primal: Healthier mindset and attitude to all aspects of my life

Worst part about being Primal: None of my family or my partner is primal!

Happy to be part of the gang now, going to start a journal too!

Comment

• Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Probably about 75% of what I eat is primal.

Do you consume dairy: Only occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Controlling cravings, hormone balancing and energy levels

Favorite exercise: Deadlifts

Favorite Primal food: See my username ;-) also avocados, coconut oil and salmon

Best part about being Primal: Healthier mindset and attitude to all aspects of my life

Worst part about being Primal: None of my family or my partner is primal!

Happy to be part of the gang now, going to start a journal too!

Comment

• Howdy!

Hey everyone! My name's Josh and I'm not necessarily new here. I've been a fan of the site for years and have lurked on and off here for at least a year or two. I am a blogger and personal trainer. I've been Primal/Paleo consistently for about a year now, off and on for the past three. Anyway, here are my answers to the obligatory template:

Your location: Central California

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 80% (I cycle carbs at certain times)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I keep it to a minimum

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink either, depending on how I'm feeling

Motivator for switching to Primal: Mostly it was the culmination of research into healthy ways of eating and how modern life has negatively impacted our health

Favorite exercise: I can't pick one, but high on the list are overhead press, deadlift, and kettlebell swing

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, of course!

Best part about being Primal: The ability to eat lots of bacon with no fear

Worst part about being Primal: It's always been difficult to kick some of the foods I've grown up with. I often have to remind myself of why I'm eating the way I am.

Comment

• i am in cape girardeau, missouri
            age 56
            not 100% primal, but very much a FOODIE
            i use grassfed raw dairy
            drink coffee & tea
            do HIIT exercise 3-4 times a week
            love to eat healthy food... mmmmm luv to eat!!!!

Comment

• Your location: San Francisco California

Age (If you want): 33 Years old

How Primal are you: It varies, I like to think of myself as full primal but I try to give myself a " cheat day" once a week, lately its been "creeping" into other days which is preventing me from getting in the shape I want. But im all about "progress, not perfection"

Do you consume dairy: nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: nope

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Favorite exercise: Pull ups

Favorite Primal food: chicken breast

Best part about being Primal: having my body work as its supposed to

Worst part about being Primal: staying on the diet

Comment

• Your location:Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want):34

How Primal are you:100% food compliance for the last 2 1/2 weeks. Active lifestyle. No sprints due to being 6 mos pregnant...or maybe I am just a wimp?

Do you consume dairy:No - allergies that make my mouth and throat swell and itch for days.

Do you drink coffee or tea:herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:Weight management while pregnant and loss afterwards, tone, seasonal allergies, would like my skin to look nicer and id like to look younger.

Favorite exercise: squats

Favorite Primal food: hard boiled eggs

Best part about being Primal:grain bloating GONE

Worst part about being Primal:difficult extended family dinners
                Female, 5'2"
                SW: 135lbs
                GW: 120lbs

Comment

• Your location: Lafayette LA
                  Age (If you want):
                  How Primal are you: 100%
                  Do you consume dairy: Rarely. I don't deprive myself to it at times.
                  Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea
                  Motivator for switching to Primal: Body injury
                  Favorite exercise: running
                  Favorite Primal food: I love everything.
                  Best part about being Primal: being physically fit and living a healthy lifestyle
                  Worst part about being Primal: maintaining your diet

Comment

• Hello!

I'm a newbette to primal but I'm finding my way. I've purchased several books and food products and I'm slowly getting started.

A little bit about me: I've had tummy problems for a long time, coffee made me sick for years as did food (very sick stomach and nausea) and so I got smart and stopped eating sugar and grains. I've been eating this way for about 2 years but I've been eating very limited foods. I no longer get sick to my stomach but I need to broaden my palette and think Paleo is right up my alley since I'm already in the groove. I'm torn about giving up dairy even though I eat very little of it and I wanted to start eating legumes but won't go there. So, I'm here to learn and bring more foods into my daily life. Like more fruit! I eat very very limited fruit and looking forward to making some of the recipes I've seen. It's a journey!

Your location: west coast

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: newb

Do you consume dairy: very limited

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: need a more balanced diet

Favorite exercise: yoga

Favorite Primal food: veggies

Best part about being Primal: hope to feel good
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

~ Theodor Seuss Geisel aka... Dr. Seuss ~

Comment

• Your location: Ohio

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: I was 100% until late May, and I fell of the wagon hard. I haven't managed to get back on 100% since then.

Do you consume dairy: I should not, but I do. I have problems getting full.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink non-caffeinated tea. I don't do well with caffeine.

Motivator for switching to Primal: acne, mood, weight, and appetite. I have been nursing my little one for almost four years now and I have a hard time keeping up with nursing hunger.

Favorite exercise: run for your life

Favorite Primal food: Not sure

Best part about being Primal: I know it's the right direction for me.

Worst part about being Primal: I can't maintain it. Visiting my parents' house is hard.

Comment

• just joined, so I'll start here!

My name is Ida

Your location: Canada

How Primal are you: I have tried paleo +low carb high fat + plant-based diet for a year

Do you consume dairy: Almost none

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose body fat and get more fit

Favorite exercise: Running and weights

Favorite Primal food: not sure, yet!

Best part about being Primal: I know what I eat!

Worst part about being Primal: not being understood by family

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Name: Katooshie

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: Newbie

Do you consume dairy: yes, some cheese and grass fed butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup of coffee with coconut milk each morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: healing autoimmune disorders (inflammation in both eyes) and to lose weight

Favorite exercise: Walking, jogging. lifting weights, obstacle course, hiking and biking

Favorite Primal food: scrambled eggs in butter, and primal milkshake (coconut milk, egg yolk, vanilla, and stevia with nutmeg)

Best part about being Primal: feel better and it's so much easier to shop for food

Worst part about being Primal: explaining to friends and relatives why I eat "weird" and sometimes I miss sweets!
                          Last edited by Katooshie; 11-13-2014, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Name: Rulaman

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: 99,5%

Do you consume dairy: never

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: losing weight, feeling better

Favorite exercise: bicycling

Favorite Primal food: mangalitza ( woolly ) pig

Best part about being Primal: I'm feeling much, much better, much more energy

Worst part about being Primal: since beer is made out of ...

Comment

• Your location: Dora Creek Australia

Age (If you want): 59

How Primal are you: who knows?

Do you consume dairy: Yes mainly cheese, some yoghurt and butter(organic)

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee and coffee substitutes, green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: makes sense

Favorite exercise: karate class

Favorite Primal food: kangaroo meat (wild free range sourced; small business)

Best part about being Primal: Energy

Worst part about being Primal: I want more chocolate- no, you can't have it.

Comment

• Hi I am from new jersey, yes I consume coffee i do drink light cream, on a

Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                                In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Do you consume dairy:

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Favorite exercise:

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:

Comment