Clear All

• My name is Mike

Boston , Ma

Age 57

Just becoming Primal again did it 3 years ago

trying for 80% wife is bad influence she loves bread and pasta

Dairy eggs, some cheese, butter

Drink Coffee

Gained weight back , unhappy fat cow(me)!) lI let the stress of work and family get to me!

Running, hiking, walking and P90X ( weight lifting)

Texas stew!

Makes me feel good , lessens the achy joints( arthritis)

Miss bread sometimes

I am committed to lose 60 pounds and gain my life back please help me!!@
    Last edited by xmikew; 10-07-2014, 06:56 AM. Reason: add

Comment

• Hi, my name is Linda. I'm from the piney woods of east Texas. I am 53 years old and I think I am at least 85% primal but still learning. I eat a small amount of cheese and make kefir to make salad dressing and whey for my fermented vegies. I do drink coffee several times a day but drink it black now since I quit splenda and cream. I've done Atkin's off and on for about 12 years and when I learned about primal eating it just made sense. I don't want my back and my knees to hurt and this way of eating helps with that. My favorite exercise would be gardening and walking. My favorite food is steak and salad. The best thing about primal eating is my state of mind. I guess when I eat this way my stomach tells my brain that all is well and I feel happier and more calm. The only bad part of being primal is people's faces when I turn down their carbalicious dishes. lol

Comment

• I just joined, so I'll start here!

Your location: Canada

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you: Not so much, yet. Planning on starting soon

Do you consume dairy: Yes, minimally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight and lack of energy, combined with interest in the lifestyle!

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: not sure, yet!

Best part about being Primal: I'll let you know

Worst part about being Primal: Same

The long and short is I have a growing interest in this, but I'm not over that hill yet to get started. Soon, though...

Comment

• Your location: Sedona, Az

Age (If you want): 62

How Primal are you: Pretty Primal

Do you consume dairy: A little

Do you drink coffee or tea: Twice a week I drink coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Loose weight, get in shape, control blood sugar

Favorite exercise: Swimming, hiking

Favorite Primal food: Steak and eggs, bacon and eggs, eggs, seafood and veggies

Best part about being Primal: Play time, working out, feeling good, eating great meals

Worst part about being Primal: Can't get my wife to go full primal. I'm eating my BLTs wrapped in lettuce, she's still using whole grain bread, etc.

Comment

• Your location:

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: New and enthusiastic. I'm in the learning stage.

Do you consume dairy: Not much

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Recently lost 33 pounds in 60 days buy changing diet and exercise.

Favorite exercise: Daily swim workouts with triathletes daily

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I feel great

Worst part about being Primal: I have to be conscious all the time when eating out.

Comment

• Your location: Maryland

Age (If you want): 30 years old

How Primal are you:
              Not 100% yet. But working on it

Do you consume dairy:
              Not anymore. I used to eat greek yogurt back in my native Country ( Italy) and drink goat milk but since i moved here i don't.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
              Yes i love Coffee!! i Drink 3 to 4 espresso a day

Motivator for switching to Primal:
              Health first of all! and i was introduce to this life style from my Mother.

Favorite exercise:
              Lift weights, yoga, walking, bike ride, swimming

Favorite Primal food:
              Coconut!! I love it!!!!

Best part about being Primal:
              Energy, clear skin, clear thinking.

Worst part about being Primal:
              None

Comment

• Location: Live full time in my motorhome, so always on the move! Currently:North Carolina

How Primal are you: Just started last week...so far 95%

Do you consume dairy:yes, cheese, yogurt. Only drink almond milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, 2 cups/day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: recently diagnosed with insulin resistance, have heart disease and overweight.

Favorite exercise:at present, walking, hiking, biking.

Favorite Primal food: roast beef.

Best part about being Primal: I've already lost 5 pounds!

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing, as of yet.

Friends have been talking "Primal" to me for over a year, and I was like "yeah, yeah...another fad diet". Then, after being diagnosed as insulin resistant, I began educating myself about this condition. It was obvious from what I was reading that the diet changes I needed were in line with that of Primal. It also became glaringly obvious why I was not able to lose weight, felt lethargic and hungry all the time, and was struggling to lower my cholesterol levels. I am looking forward to learning everything I can about Primal and getting my health back!

Comment

• Name: Sarah

How Primal Are You: 100%

Do You Consume Dairy: In theory, yes, but of late I simply stick to homemade almond milk until I can get ahold of raw milk.

Do You Drink Coffee or Tea: Yes, I drink them plain.

Motivator for Switching to Primal: To be in peak physical and mental condition. I am both an athlete and a nerd, so I am always searching for ways to treat my body well.

Favorite Exercise: Stairs! Steep Hills! Jumping! Uneven terrain!

Favorite Primal Food: I couldn't pick just one...I am a foodaholic to the core.

Best Part About Being Primal: The endless possibilities of cooking and eating!

Worst Part About Being Primal: The isolation and the "going at it on your own." It can wear on you after a while, having so few "like-minded" people around to share your Primal life with...as opposed to constantly being bombarded with the opposite encouragement - to give it up, to eat the cake, to go out binge-drinking with the crew, to skip sleep/exercise for unhealthy food and laziness.
                  Last edited by sarah.vanwoy; 10-29-2014, 10:42 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Japan

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Just starting out..doing research

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: About 100lbs overweight and tired of being like that. Tired of my body feeling unhealthy

Favorite exercise: Just starting but I like dancing

Favorite Primal food: cauliflower rice - thats my first discovery

Best part about being Primal: So far my hunger is different. Its mild instead of the burning hunger I used to have

Worst part about being Primal: I dont know what to eat yet or how much

Comment

• Your location:

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: Very primal

Do you consume dairy: very little

Do you drink coffee or tea: organic coffee-a cup every morning. organic green tea 2-3 times a week

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Favorite exercise: walking, hiking

Favorite Primal food: omelet with bacon and lots of veggies, chicken wings

Best part about being Primal: energy, loss of weight (50 lbs since June 2014)

Worst part about being Primal: LDL cholesterol level shot up since change in lifestyle...and not knowing what to do about it, but will figure it out.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Florida

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: I haven't read the "book" all the way through yet, and I am assuming that being primal means - No dairy to go along with no grains, sugars or legumes (beans), so with that being said that would mean I would be 80% primal.

Do you consume dairy: yes, with only the highest fat content and of the most natural form I can acquire.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes!

Motivator for switching to Primal: The education that I have acquired in recent years of what animals are fed to produce them in mass quantity and the inhumane treatment of said mass quantity is simply grotesque! Stockyards, Chicken farms! Disgusting!! And don't get me started on GMO's and chemicals used on all the vegetables! it's all poison! then there's the simple fact that I look in the mirror and someone else is standing there! Whoo! NOW! WHAT HAPPENED!! I never had a problem with my weight until I hit my late 30's, early 40's!! (???)

Favorite exercise: I don't have one, but I like the "fresh" feeling afterward

Favorite Primal food: I LOVE ALL food!!

Best part about being Primal: I want to feel healthy and free from the FAT prison that I feel like I am in right NOW! I believe being Primal will give me that, and give me MY BODY back.

Makes me feel good

Worst part about being Primal: None!

Comment

• Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread

Your location: South Korea, although I'm a U.S. expat
                          Age (If you want): 40
                          How Primal are you: Not really. Had success in past with Ketogenic Induction that lasted 2-3 months.
                          Do you consume dairy: Yes.
                          Do you drink coffee or tea: Both
                          Motivator for switching to Primal: Getting old, life stressors that complicate matters a lot. Wanting to feel better.
                          Favorite exercise: Now, kettlebell swings
                          Favorite Primal food: Bacon
                          Best part about being Primal: I'll tell you when I get there.
                          Worst part about being Primal: Lack of family buy-in (I'm married with kids.) and working in food service industry by way of education...I teach culinary arts.

I'm trying to get back to fueling my body correctly. I know the horrors of eating SADly and have had success in the past from healing back and gout pain to mental clarity. Fell off the wagon last winter and it's been a struggle since. I am in the worst shape of my life and know it starts with food.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                          Last edited by Julian G; 11-02-2014, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• Hey guys,

Used to have a different profile that I haven't used in a long time and have forgotten the details of, so starting from scratch.
                            I didn't do the intro the first time.

The Questions:

Your location: Melbourne, Australia

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: I'm primal 80% of the time

Do you consume dairy: yes, cheese, thick cream and yoghurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yup

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been learning and testing various diets since the age of 18, when I made the decision to break free from the chains of obesity and get fit. I was heading towards a 'primal' eating style long before I heard of Mark or the book, from personal research, experimentation and results. The Primal Blueprint just had more info and research to support what I was doing.

Favourite exercise: Any thing to do with heavy weights, but if there has to be one, it would be Squats.

Favourite Primal food: I love a variety of foods. A good steak with veggies goes down well.

Best part about being Primal: The low-carb version that I'm doing has helped me reach 13% body fat and has helped me improve in sporting performance and have more energy through the day.

Worst part about being Primal: Wife hasn't bought into it 100% even after seeing the results. Other people find me intense as I'm passionate about being fit and healthy after by journey from obesity (if you can think of that as a negative :P )

Comment

• Aodhán's Primal Journey

Hey guys! Though I have been "paleo" for some time, I realized recently that I was still on the high-carb cycle. I am following the Primal Blueprint now and love living the primal life.

I plan on travelling a bit and, currently, don't plan on living in Toronto when I am older.

Primal Intensity:
                              I am very primal. Intermittent fasting on Fridays, highly athletic.
                              I am following Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe for the time being. I am getting back into traditional Muay Thai. I am looking to include more slow cardio, such as swimming and hiking. I am also looking to start camping and doing more wilderness survival.
                              I work at a butcher shop called The Healthy Butcher which sells great quality grass-fed and pasture-raised animals.
                              I started a paleo-focused blog, Primordial Minds, a couple of months ago. I am currently in the process of revamping it, and changing its focus to primal eating, primal living, and primal logic.

Dairy Consumption:
                              No, though I do occasionally have a whey isolate shake or a small slice of cheese.

Coffee/Tea Consumption:
                              Only herbal teas, no caffeine consumption.

Primal Motivator:
                              Other than the general benefits of paleo/primal living, I personally want to be as in touch with the natural human self.
                              In five years time, I want to be able to hunt, butcher, and haul animals home and store them in my freezer.

Favorite Exercise:
                              The squat or deadlift. I really like the bench press, the OHP, pull-ups, and the old-school t-bar row as well.

Favorite Primal Food:
                              There are a lot of foods I really like. Elk vacio steak with a bit of salsa verde, some veggies, and a banana chocolate walnut chia seed pudding for dessert has been a favorite of mine recently.

Primal - Best Part:
                              The health benefits by far. No more lethargy or tiredness. Rarely, if ever, sick. Increased energy.
                              Also, my chronic weight-lifting has ceased. I now have better energy for my weight-lifting sessions, they energise me, and I am making better progress in terms of strength.

Primal - Worst Part:
                              Isolation factor - I know a couple of other paleo/primal people, but they don't live in my city. It is really hard being the only paleo person I know. I am unaware of a Torontonian paleo community, however I am looking for one. If we don't have one, I will make one.

Comment

• Your location: Canada..it's cold and snowing. boo.

Age (If you want):32

How Primal are you: Not primal at all... i've been primal curious for a while but never took the step... now I need to!!!

Do you consume dairy: No. Dairy and I don't get along.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I am an occassional coffee drinker...

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have become unhealthy. My joints hurts, i'm over weight, I want to live a healthier lifestyle and I am tired of talking about it and now must do it.

Favorite exercise: Squats....seriously.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon?

Best part about being Primal: I'm hoping the best part will be the way I feel once i cut ties with the modern junk!

Worst part about being Primal: We shall see..

Comment

Working...
                                X