Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Tasmania, Australia (The Island just below mainland Australia)

Age (If you want):50

How Primal are you: Mostly, but aiming for 100%

Do you consume dairy: Steamed milk in a cappuccino but aiming to go espresso only

Do you drink coffee or tea:Espresso

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Better health and the benefits that naturally follow. Lastly, I plan on retiring in 4-5 years time, buying an affordable yacht and sailing the world thus, I really needed to get my health in the best condition I can so I could enjoy this time without unnecessary or preventable health issues.

Favorite exercise:Walking and now Primal workouts

Favorite Primal food:Meat with sauteed kale, spinach and potatoes (plus bacon)

Best part about being Primal: Proven and evidenced backed reason and excuse to finally ditch sugar, bread and processed food

Worst part about being Primal: Ditching sugar, bread and processed food
    Last edited by Brouhaha; 09-18-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Your location: Victoria, Australia

Age (If you want):26

How Primal are you: Dabbling but convinced boyfriend to go 100% for three weeks!

Do you consume dairy: Cheese only.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Herbal Tea. I don't actually like black tea or coffee anyway

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sugar Addiction and Carb Binging Obsession ruining my life, my teeth, and starting to get some autoimmune problems too. Plus, it just makes sense when I read it.

Favorite exercise:Walking and short hard weight training

Favorite Primal food: Pork Belly!

Best part about being Primal: Balancing energy levels on the occasions I stick to it

Worst part about being Primal: Dishes from food prep.

Comment

• Your location:Northern NSW Australia

Age (If you want):42

How Primal are you:95% aim for 100% so not far from my mark

Do you consume dairy:Yes, we have our own milking goat - raw goats milk, cheese, butter & som yoghurt

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee with butter, coffee with goats milk & cream and some herbal teas

Motivator for switching to Primal:It just fits in, read a lot about different diets and this one wasnt really a diet and a more of a natural way to live, also would like to be self sufficient

Favorite exercise:Currently all of the convict conditioning exercise's

Favorite Primal food:Roast goat

Best part about being Primal:Feeling free and alive

Worst part about being Primal:Was checking all foods/ingredients if we went out but now its just a normal part of our lives, even our cafe informs us if they have changed an ingredient so we can check

Comment

• Your location: Gaffney, SC

Age (If you want):36

How Primal are you: Not very primal at all. I just started.

Do you consume dairy:Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, though I'm dropping this.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm feeling crappy all the time. I can't do the activities that I used to be able to do. Most importantly, I've picked up 50 pounds I don't need since I retired.

Favorite exercise: Rucking

Favorite Primal food: Beef (almost anything beef)

Best part about being Primal: I get to try out new and VERY exciting recipes.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm going to miss apple fritters and the transitioning period.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Houston TX

Age (If you want): 41 (how did THAT happen? lol)

How Primal are you: Beginner - maybe up to about 40% now.

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes - mainly cheese. Slowly reducing my consumption.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Love my coffee!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. Want to go back to the basics. It just makes sense.

Favorite exercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: Pastured eggs.

Best part about being Primal: Cooking with grass-fed butter and tallow!

Worst part about being Primal: The difficulty in dining out.

Comment

How Primal are you: Beginner, guessing about 75% the last couple of months but quite confused with all the conflicting advice out there regarding diet.

Do you consume dairy: Limited, mostly in the form of cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:
              Pre-diabetic and I'm attempting to put off full-lown diabetes as long as possible. No idea if this is the best diet for that or not?
              Also looking to "tighten-up" that little spare tire that has formed the last several years....

Favorite exercise: Mainly walk, some body weight lift type exercise, push up, pull up, etc....

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Making "some" attempt at better health

Worst part about being Primal: All the conflicting information. Is this truly the best route for "me"?

Comment

How Primal are you: Beginner, started a little bit, then last 3 weeks kitchen being remodeled and went downhill from there

Do you consume dairy: Cheese, milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: More energy, sleep better, feel better physically

Favorite exercise: Lifting, some crossfit

Best part about being Primal: Attempt to be more healthy

Worst part about being Primal: Attempting to stick with a way of eating with work, kid and personal schedules.

Comment

How Primal are you: Beginner, starting with getting breakfast primal, then will work on lunches. My evening meal is pretty much there

Do you consume dairy: Milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight, more energy

Favorite exercise: jogging

Best part about being Primal: Feeling, and being, much healthier

Worst part about being Primal: More expensive food

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hello people!

Your location: London (UK)

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: High

Do you consume dairy: a few drops of milk in coffee and some cheese occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee!

Motivator for switching to Primal: lose weight, get fit

Favorite exercise: Kite surf

Favorite Primal food: Avocado stuffed burgers

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling bad about having Eggs & Bacon for breakfast

Worst part about being Primal: Missing out on desserts!

Comment

• Hi everyone, Felipe here, looking forward to participate actively here.

Your location: Recife, Brazil

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Just began but I tend to dive head first into things, so right now, following everything I read here. I would describe myself as a Primal Noob.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Had a very good introductory experience with the Warrior Diet that left me making questions, and talking with a friend, he recommended me Marks Daily Apple and I understood it as the evolution of what I began with the Warrior Diet. Couple weeks on!

Favorite exercise: Bicycling but now, I'm really inclined to walk more and more. Never felt good running, so always thought walking was a waste of time. Now that I'm looking at it from a different perspective, I'm walking almost everyday a couple hours barefoot. Feels great!

Favorite Primal food: Red meat.

Best part about being Primal: The feeling of doing the right thing.

Worst part about being Primal:

Comment

• Your location: Massachusetts

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: sometimes, mostly grassed butter. too much gives me sinus infections

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, I love warm drinks they make me feel nice and cozy

Motivator for switching to Primal: I become very sick a few years ago. I was breaking out in hives everyday. As it turns out I had a lot of nutritional deficiencies and I tested positive for the MTHFR gene, which means that my body doesn't make a certain enzyme that is important for a chemical reaction involving forms of the B-vitamin folate. lack of or the inability to metabolize B vitamins is what caused a whole lot of problems for me.

Favorite exercise: anything outside hiking, skiing, paddle boarding rock climbing

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Im not breaking out into hives all day everyday, no more daily benedryls for me

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out at restaurants, Im that girl who has to give instructions for me meals

Comment

• Your location: Sarajevo / Bosnia Herzegovina

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: 75%

Do you consume dairy: yougurt, cream and sourcream

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee and tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:started out as an experiment

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food:All

Best part about being Primal:Makes me feel good

Worst part about being Primal:lack of refined sugar maybe

Comment

• Your location: Northeast Wisconsin

Age (If you want):25

How Primal are you: just starting and depends on the week I would say 70 30

Do you consume dairy: shhhh I love cheese, and I do eat plain Greek yogurt. I don't drink cow milk though coconut milk has been a great substitute.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yeah I drink 8oz-16oz of coffee in the moring and then an array of herbal and green teas the rest of the day. Chamomile and mint at night befor bed.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I like reading into new and better health choices. I wanted to feel better all the way around and a frien who is a trainer told me to read The Primal Blueprint. It all made sense after that.

Favorite exercise: Full body! I love lifting heavy things. Is it weird I get excited when friends ask me to help them move?

Favorite Primal food: primal pancakes and spaghetti squash! I love pesto and spaghetti sauces so the spaghetti squash has been a lifesaver.

Best part about being Primal: I feel like my ADHD is more in check then ever! I don't know if that's something that has been looked into, but it really should. I can think and focus clearly and have even desided to go back to school and get a degree in wellness and health to become a life coach!

Worst part about being Primal: going out to eat especially in Wisconsin. Everything here is grain cheese or beer thats about it. Even grocery shopping is a hassle our organic section is very limited.

I can't wait to learn more!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Hello, I'm Monika from Houston!

Your location: Houston, TX

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: very little, cheese mainly

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea and coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Menopause, 15 lbs out of nowhere, hot flashes - which are gone as long as I'm right on with Primal

Favorite exercise: walking, lifting

Favorite Primal food: not sure, I make a point in trying new stuff, digging in the recipes on this site, and I LOVE it all!

Best part about being Primal: Feel better, learn to listen to my body, and love to eat REAL FOOD!

Worst part about being Primal: I love some good bread - and I miss that sometimes!

I have fallen off the wagon a couple times by sheer ignorance - had no clue I was having something NOT Primal. I'm learning, I'll get better! I look forward to this journey and to learn from all of you!

Comment

• 1) 25
                                2) pretty close.
                                3) not that much
                                4) I love my coffee. More of a social thing, also I go to a cafe where they have free wifi. I gotta pay something, might as well be coffee
                                5) I saw the results on Facebook
                                6) sleeping
                                7) grass fed steak
                                8) feeling lean
                                9) nothing

Comment

Working...
                                X