This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Spain

How Primal are you: >95% at home and I eat whatever on holidays and special ocasions

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but not milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Kicking more ass, for many years to come

Favorite exercise: Barbell squat or weighted chin-up

Favorite Primal food: Everything

Best part about being Primal: Feeling awesome all the time without ever worrying about food

Worst part about being Primal: Being judged silently (and not so silently!)

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: New Smyrna Beach, FL

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: Just started

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: sick of being tired, hungry and fat

Favorite exercise: walking on the beach and light strength training

Favorite Primal food: Meat/Fruit

Best part about being Primal: Meat/Fruit

Worst part about being Primal: no pasta

Comment

• Your location: Winters, CA
        Age (If you want): 53
        How Primal are you: yes
        Do you consume dairy: Some goat yogurt at night is all
        Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, mostly green tea
        Motivator for switching to Primal: lose weight, gain muscle, hike stronger, feel better
        Favorite exercise: hiking, kettlebells
        Favorite Primal food: Avocados
        Best part about being Primal: having a level mood
        Worst part about being Primal: having trouble with constipation

Wanderin Jack

Comment

• Hi,
          I live in Georgia. I'm 50, and feel younger! I have been teetering on eating healthy most of my life, (I have my struggles) I have not been eating grains or sugar in uncontrolled amounts in years. I wouldn't say I've been strict either.
          I drink coffee every morning and put heavy cream in it (no sugar).
          The reason for wanting to totally switch to this way of eating.... is because, I've almost been doing completely for years. Honestly I have a couple problem areas (fat) that I know would go away if I did. I cant say that I'm over weight (I weigh 90.5 lbs) 2 nd reason, as soon as I do cut everything out I loose 3-4 lbs right away, my stomach gets flatter, I don't feel hungry, I have energy, my workouts are better.
          I do Crossfit 3x a week, run a couple miles 2-3x a week, and take long walks 4x a week.
          My biggest weakness is Pina Colada's! LOL!!On Fridays, I just want one so bad and I know they are full of sugar!! Once I have that the whole weekend goes south So Im starting today!

Comment

• Your location: Pittsburgh

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: maybe 90/10 at the moment, besides the fact that I do eat some rice and potatoes perfect-health-diet style. I did a whole 30 but find that having a bit more carbs makes me feel better.

Do you consume dairy: I love full fat yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: if we're talking without sugar, then definitely tea - maybe chai with coconut milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: health issues like fatigue, achiness and migraine, plus desire to get more fit

Favorite exercise: yoga, though I'm starting to appreciate the effectiveness of other bodyweight exercises for building strength

Favorite Primal food: thai curry, maybe? anything with guacamole and green salsa? fruit salad? I really like flavorful international foods

Best part about being Primal: feeling stronger and healthier

Worst part about being Primal: I miss sugar so much and feel like I devote a lot of my mental energy to trying not to eat more of it

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: New Jersey

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: about 70/30 but trying to be more primal.

Do you consume dairy:I was up to a month ago

Do you drink coffee or tea:both

Motivator for switching to Primal:way of life and healthy eating. Hoping to lose about 20 pounds

Favorite exercise: I have done a lot of the home DVD's. Everything from Turbo Jam to Insanity. I have done Les Mills Body Combat. I most recently ordered Metabolic Effects Aftershock.

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed beef.

Best part about being Primal: Knowing what i am putting in my body and having control of my health

Worst part about being Primal:[/QUOTE] Not being able to convince people that "healthy whole grains" are bad for them.

Comment

• Your location: Cardiff, Wales (uk)

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: maybe 90/10 but improving towards 100%

Do you consume dairy: full fat Greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: black coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: wanting to lead a healthier lifestyle

Favorite exercise: bodyweight, free weights and hiit training

Favorite Primal food: Greek yogurt with pecan nuts, raisins and red grapes

Best part about being Primal: feeling leaner and more alert

Worst part about being Primal: having to convince others that I eat healthy

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Your location: Alabama

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Mostly, we do occasionally eat outside it at social gatherings and restaurants when there are not primal options.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss for my husband and me and to help my daughter grow (it's working! She's on a growth spurt)

Favorite exercise: Morning walks with my kids

Favorite Primal food: Chicken sausage with buttered cabbage

Best part about being primal: I like the way it makes me feel.

Worst part about being Primal: Meal prep time. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Eating out is a challenge too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Your location: Boston, MA

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: I strive for 100% but it usually turns out to be around 85-90%

Do you consume dairy: Nope!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes!

Motivator for switching to Primal: A friend introduced me to the lifestyle after I expressed being unhappy with my health (weight wise mostly...) The first thing He did was tell me to check out MDA! I decided to give it a shot. Now, months later, I am still living a Primal life! And loving it.

Favorite exercise: Hard to choose just one. I am a CrossFit junkie and enjoy the strength training.
                    I used to think running was awful and painful. Now I do it in my free time when I'm not at CF. I really enjoy being outside, running around! Hiking is a favorite of mine, too.

Favorite Primal food: Just one?! Impossible

Best part about being Primal: How amazing I feel all around (losing weight, improved performance in all aspects of my life, etc.) and how much more aware I am about health related activities/foods.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing!
                    However, I do have to agree with other posters...some people are ignorant about this lifestyle. They have been so brainwashed in regards to diet (I do hate this word because I don't consider being Primal a diet!) and exercise that they cannot open their eyes to being Primal. They love to tell me how excellent I look and how much happier I am yet love to poke at the lifestyle.

Comment

• Your location: Nevada

Age (If you want): 61

How Primal are you: In my head: 100%. In real life: 80-20 on my best week; 50-50 most of the time.

Do you consume dairy: Not intentionally. I tolerate cow's milk OK.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Slow down the aging process; be healthy late in life

Favorite exercise: Hard-style Kettlebells.

Favorite Primal food: Spaghetti squash with grass-fed meatballs and marinara sauce: Paleo comfort food.

Best part about being Primal: How good it feels to eat clean.

Worst part about being Primal: Answering questions asked by the curious and justifying Primal to the judgmental deniers.

Comment

• Your location: York, PA

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Probably about 80-90% Depends on the week!

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, a few times a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Healthier and more energetic life. Have been wanting to lose weight and feel good my entire life.

Favorite exercise: Hm. Hiking and weightlifting (sometimes Crossfit!)

Favorite Primal food: Meat please.

Best part about being Primal: Doing what is right for my body and seeing/feeling the results!

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling alone sometimes in that the choices we make are very different from the majority of people in my day to day. Thankfully both my wife and I are primal so we have eachother for support!

Comment

• Name: Veronika

Your location: London, UK

How Primal are you: about 75%

Do you consume dairy: raw only

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee and tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to look stay fit.
                          Favorite Primal food: MEAT and leaves

Best part about being Primal: the lack of grains

Worst part about being Primal: Hmmm... lack of refined sugar maybe? But I don't miss it.

Comment

• Your location: Bedfordshire, UK

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Just getting back on the wagon after a crappy 6 months or so. Was doing well last year 80-90%, now back to 60-70 %. Aiming at previous level.

Do you consume dairy:
                            Tolerate dairy well, but it doesnt suit me when I want to lose weight

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee and tea. Tryig to wean myself off coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: managing myself out of pre-diabetic range and vanity

Favorite exercise: HIIT quick fix cardio and aerobic full body workouts. Love lifting heavy things

Favorite Primal food: Spinach, Salmon and a buttery baked potato (I know - count the carbs!)

Best part about being Primal: wellbeing and a waistline

Worst part about being Primal: avoiding cake - boo!

Comment

• Your location: Connecticut

Age (If you want): 56

How Primal are you: I raise my own chickens, grow most of my vegetables in season, eat only local wild fruit, or my own peaches, berries, and grapes, grow and dry my own herbs. I will indulge off the Primal path on special occasions.

Do you consume dairy: Raw Jersey milk, make my own yogurt from it, ripened cheeses

Do you drink coffee or tea: herbal teas

Motivator for switching to Primal: gut problems (gastritis, gas) and weight creep

Favorite exercise: depends. Bicycling, swimming, walking

Favorite Primal food: meats

Best part about being Primal: Better health and energy. I was delighted to find that there is a group of people that believe (as do I) that it is important to eat the most nutrient-dense foods possible. I am tired of listening to people that define their diet by what they do NOT eat!

Worst part about being Primal: I miss ice cream!!!! Though I have developed a sinfully good fried banana ice cream sweetened only by the bananas... Ingredients: heavy cream, bananas, butter, coconut oil, nutmeg (optional)
                              Last edited by Marge; 09-17-2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Hi my name is Ned have been on off primal for about 2 years I have in the last 3 weeks been trying to move the whole Family towards a 80/20 primal. I am close to 90/10 but use a casein shake for xtra protein. for the most part we eat a mostly organic meat veggie and fruit lifestyle and it really helps. For me caffeine is a poison and sugar really seems to be a problem also egg whites give me joint and skin problems but I can use the yolks and do make awesome meals with them. Glad to be part of this lifestyle I see already much changes for the better in my families health.

Comment

Working...
                                X