Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    90%
    Do you consume dairy:
    yep
    Do you drink coffee or tea:
    yep
    Motivator for switching to Primal:
    feeling good..but I don't loose weight...but started on Mark's 21 day body transformation yesterday
    Favorite exercise:
    walking
    Favorite Primal food:
    nutbutter....lots of veggies
    Best part about being Primal:
    I don't get sick hardly eveer
    Worst part about being Primal:
    eating out

Comment

• Greetings y'all! I've been Primal for about 3 years now, though I fell off the wagon BIG TIME around the holidays last year. My goal is to NOT do a repeat this year! Lol

Your location: Bonanza, OR

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: In moderation - heavy cream for my coffee; full fat Greek yogurt with breakfast once or twice a week

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, though mostly coffee. Tea in winter or when I'm not feeling well.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss; prevention of diabetes and digestive issues

Favorite exercise: Zumba and weightlifting

Favorite Primal food: Steak!!! Grown by me. Best thing in the WORLD.

Best part about being Primal: Energy! And no more digestive ickiness

Worst part about being Primal: Missing sushi. I LOVE sushi. It speaks to me. I splurge and eat a little here and there, but not nearly as much as I'd like!

I also love to bake...but if I bake something, I want to eat it...so no baking for me. I miss that.
      Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

• Your location: Dallas, TX

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Some. I started Paleo this past July 13. I have not fallen!

Do you consume dairy: I used to yes. Not since I started Paleo.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Change in lifestyle, eating habits, weight loss.

Favorite exercise: Walking and/or swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Avocados.

Best part about being Primal: Not sure if I am Primal yet. But since the change in diet my body feels a lot better. I have not had a single GERD episode since I started.

Worst part about being Primal: Mood swings. I have noticed (And my family) that I am much angrier than normal. I am a very patient and well mannered person. But since the 2nd week of being Paleo I have a high propensity of "blowing up".

Peace,

Jose

Comment

• testing....

I'm goofy I guess. It says "reply" to thread. I'm use to clicking on post a "new" topic or something like that. I don't want to write and have it end up under someone's thread? I'll see what this does...

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location:
            NJ
            Age (If you want):
            How Primal are you:
            Just starting.
            Do you consume dairy:
            Rarely; only with coffee.
            Coffee.
            Lose weight, gain muscle, increase T.
            Favorite exercise:
            Walking (I have bum knees), bodyweight exercises, any outdoor exercise.
            Favorite Primal food:
            Steak.
            See above.
            Rearranging my eating habits and behavior.

Comment

• New Holland, PA(Lancaster County). I am 67 a female, and I have had diabetes for 20 years. 2010 I has gastric bypass and have lost 85 lbs over the first year. I have stopped loosing and have started Paleo about two years ago. I have not lost anymore weight and since I can only eat 1 cup at a time 6 times a day, It is sometimes hard to prepare and cook foods for me and then my husband who is not interested in Paleo at all. Some meals I only eat protein. Sometimes only fruit, since to get some of everything in 1 cup is very difficult. I would really like to lose another 35 lbs. I like the way I feel on Paleo, and by the way, after loosing 85 lbs, I was entirely off insulin for 3 years. After having given myself insulin shots 4 x day for years. My blood sugar seems to keep creeping up very slowly, and now I am on a small dose pill for diabetes. The Dr. said whatever I am doing keep it up, however, I am still on 9 medications for high blood pressure, anxiety, depression, blood thinner. Any encouragement for me to help these things.

Comment

• Your location: Manzanita, Oregon

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: about 70% but working towards 80%. Just started the primal way about 3 months ago and feel great.

Do you consume dairy: Some, whole cream milk in coffee, some yoghurt, cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes to both, but limit coffee to just 1 cup

Motivator for switching to Primal: all the research I've done kept pointing me to primal and it just made since. I wanted to be healthier and fitter.

Favorite exercise: push-ups are tied with squats. Love them. Prefer body weight exercises and walking. Have a hard time running and sprinting due to knee pain, but bone broth is slowly healing it.

Favorite Primal food: Bone marrow at a restaurant here in Manzanita called Blackbird and then bone broth with leftover bones. Have some brewing right now on the stove.

Best part about being Primal: feeling better while doing primal.

Worst part about being Primal: telling your doctor how much meat I eat and drinking non-homogenized whole milk. They lecture you about the sat fat and calories. I tell him that I don't count calories and the proof is in my numbers, HDL, LDL and triglycerides are beautiful!! They still keep pushing low fat, low calorie, crap. I just smile and ignore most comments.

Comment

• Your location:
                  Pennsylvania

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
                  I'd say for the most part I tend to eat along the primal lines. I avoid most grains, pastas, and the like and tend to eat mostly meat, veggies ,and fruit. We go as organic as we can and shop at the farmer's market often, and we cook the majority of our meals. Once a week we have our cheat meal where we go for pizza or other goodies. I'll have rice every now and then during the week, a beer here or there, and basically just eating as healthy as I can but getting a chance to cheat once a week to keep me sane.

Do you consume dairy:
                  I've always been a big milk drinker, not to mention Greek yogurt and kefir. I prefer whole milk, raw when I can get it but it's rare, so typically just whole.

Black coffee most days, occasionally I'll have some unsweetened tea.

My family has several celiacs in it so it was a natural transition really.

Favorite exercise:
                  Kettlebells were my primary form of exercise for a long time, but recently I've gotten into the MovNat approach. I also enjoy ruck marching too, just getting out and walking around. I was also heavily involved in the martial arts for 14 years until I had to retire due to nagging injuries. In the past I have also trained in Olympic lifting and competed in strongman.

Favorite Primal food:
                  Elk meat is absolutely heavenly. Any kind of game meat that I hunt myself just seems way better tasting too, from rabbit to squirrel to woodchuck.

I'm a kid in nature at times, still amazed at how awesome it is. I feel like it's getting back in tune with the natural side of things and love it.

I have always had a sweet tooth so passing up on the goodies can be tough at times!

Comment

• Hi there! Should I be able to fill in the obligatory form, or reproduce it here? Sorry for my confusion; tried a few times,,,
                    Last edited by clearlyd; 08-10-2014, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• Hi there! Should I be able to fill in the obligatory form, or reproduce it here? Sorry for my confusion,,,

Comment

How Primal are you: 80-90%

Dairy: Yes, butter, cream and occasionally cottage cheese

Coffee or tea: Both, only 1 cup of coffee in the morning though

Motivator for switching to Primal: Light bulb moment when coming across this site and reading EVERYTHING I can since....

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better emotionally

Worst part about being Primal: Being a 3-4 week in newbie... Carb Flu (Very unhealthy before I started)

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: USA

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: Fell off the wagon a year ago and I need to get back on!!!

Do you consume dairy: Cream with my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Heh, coffee. Tea sometimes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Gained back what I had lost on Primal two years ago.

Favorite exercise: Treadmill, going for walks

Favorite Primal food: Chicken breast that I cook in olive oil with salt, pepper, garlic, and oregano.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling lean and energetic. Skin clears up and a whole host of annoying "symptoms" goes away.

Worst part about being Primal: Can't think of anything

Comment

• Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread

Hi everyone Im Kari..

How Primal are you: so far about 80% I hope to slowly get to around 90%

Dairy: I buy a large thing of yogurt every 2 weeks for a couple bites with breakfast.. some cheese but only when im having a cheat meal

Coffee or tea: Both, maybe once a week

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sorry for the soon to come essay, but just in case someone else has experienced something like this.. I have an undiagnosed right side abdominal pain. I can sometimes go for months with no pain. Then I'll have what I call a flare up and it brings severe life interrupting bouts of pain. Lasting months at a time. It gets so bad that I cant make it through a trip to the grocery store and If I push it ill be in pain long after I get home. Ive had ultrasounds, mri's , ct scans, X-rays, a colonoscopy.. no dr has been able to diagnose me. An ER PA said he thought I had something called meckels diverticulum but the gastro who did my colonoscopy didn't agree. I think doctors just assume Im crazy now, but I'm convinced its some kind of stomach trouble. Another thought I might have IBS but other doctors didn't agree. My only other guess as to what this could be is endometriosis. So I'm giving this a try and even if it doesn't solve my problems Im probably going to stick with it because I was once paleo (not the same I know) for some time.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Lamb

Best part about being Primal: The weight loss Im already experiencing

Worst part about being Primal: I just miss bread, but Im not having withdrawls or anything.. lucky me

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                            Last edited by Kdoyle89; 08-11-2014, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Your location: Zurich, Switzerland

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: I was only half-primal for about a year, then I made the leap and have now been very primal for the last 3 months

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: It started when I took various university courses on biochemistry and metabolism (vet school) and I realised that the human metabolism might not be so different from that of, say, a dog (of course there are differences, but not as many as I had thought!). So I started wondering about the way we eat, and then a friend of mine mentioned something about Paleo, and months of research later I stumbled upon MDA and I was hooked. Paleo had me quite convinced, but the holistic approach of MDA just made so much more sense to me. I also love that the articles are very scientific and not just the half-truths you can find on most paleo websites.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Meeeeat, any kind really

Best part about being Primal: feeling so much better and being in tune with your body

Worst part about being Primal: well, I do miss crisps and fries sometimes..

Comment

• Hi - I am new to this community and I wanted to introduce myself. I need all of the positive encouragement that I can get to help me meet my goals.

The Questions:

Your location: New Jersey

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Some days more than others, but I want to change that.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: The success that people have had losing weight, gaining energy and happiness after they adopted a Primal lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Hiking and running when I am not injured.

Favorite Primal food: Beef

Best part about being Primal: Being able to eat good fats and not feel guilty about it.

Worst part about being Primal: Not eating my wife's home made thin crust pizza

Comment

Working...
                                X