Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all! My name's Katie; I just joined today. I have been flirting with the primal lifestyle for the past 3 or 4 months, but had a long period of "cheating" after a pretty painful break up.
    I'm ready to get serious and get to feeling my best!

Your location: Indianapolis, IN

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: I'm not good at math. Mostly?

Do you consume dairy: Yes, some.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee daily--trying to sneak tea in there more often.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Pre-diabetic, PCOS, Endometriosis, want to look better naked...is that wrong to admit?

Favorite exercise: Core and Strength

Favorite Primal food: Various cauliflower projects but I hate how it makes my house smell, meats, roasted spinach and mushrooms

Best part about being Primal: Eating food the "right way," not needing to take a nap after meals.

Worst part about being Primal: Missing beer, but not the nasty gut pain.

Comment

• Hello all, happy to be here. Looking forward to learning from you all.

our location: Delaware

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: 4 weeks new...

Do you consume dairy: little, half and half with daily coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee ( a must)

Motivator for switching to Primal: tried everything else

Favorite exercise: kettle bell fitness class

Favorite Primal food: steak or seafood

Best part about being Primal: can have wine! (although I know I need to cut back)

Worst part about being Primal: the knowledge that I cannot have other comfort foods

Comment

• Hi everybody.

Your location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Well-lll...When left to my own devices, I'm pretty good. Living in a non-primal household and having non-primal friends make it difficult.

Do you consume dairy: You bet. I tried going without whole milk for a few days, and I became a carb fiend. It's something I might try to address later on.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee, iced team rarely.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Mostly to LGN, with improving my health along for the ride.

Favorite exercise: (you're kidding, right?)

Favorite Primal food: I would say rotisserie chicken.

Best part about being Primal: It took a while to figure out a diet (and I'm not all the way there). That said, I like not having to stress over what to eat. It's nice (mostly) having my diet dialed in.

Worst part about being Primal: Not having sugar. You know how people rave about super-dark chocolate. Don't believe them. It's horrible.

Comment

• Your location:
          Central Coast, California.

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
          All the way.

Do you consume dairy:
          Very limited. When I drink coffee, there's real cream in it. I allow very small quantities of grass fed cheese, and organic, whole yogurt (hard to find sometimes).

Do you drink coffee or tea:
          I'll drink both. I like iced herbal tea in the summertime.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
          I was raised almost Primal. Mom fed us protein and buttered veggies. I was thin most of my life. My blood cholesterol was on average between 280-300. Later in life, doctors told me I had to switch to non-fat, whole grain lifestyle to improve the cholesterol. I felt hungry all the time, gained weight, became sluggish, and my cholesterol levels changed marginally.

Favorite exercise:
          Walking and wall push-ups. I'm not a devoted exerciser, but, I'm open to changing that as my energy levels increase.

Favorite Primal food:
          Juicy, grilled, grass-fed steak.

Best part about being Primal:
          It's easy and I want for nothing! Plus, scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast; thank you!

Worst part about being Primal:
          It's more expensive, but that's just fine. Shopping and cooking is so much fun now. Plus, I'm a brown-bagger now which means I'm saving money on the lunch take out.
          Last edited by PrimalChick; 07-21-2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Your location: Concord, CA

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: Not sure. Probably 90%+.

Do you consume dairy: butter & cheese occasionally.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup coffee daily.

Motivator for switching to Primal: maintain natural body weight and avoid blood sugar spikes after learning about the impact of grains on the body.

Favorite exercise: cross fit class workouts.

Favorite Primal food: braised beef and lamb shanks.

Best part about being Primal: clear thinking and more energy.

Worst part about being Primal: finding something to eat while traveling.

Comment

• Your location: romania

Age (If you want):26

How Primal are you:0%

Do you consume dairy:yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:no

Motivator for switching to Primal:to see if satiation works for me

Favorite exercise:deadlift

Favorite Primal food:sausage

Best part about being Primal:i'm high carb

Worst part about being Primal: price

Comment

• Cheers, all ! I'm Timo

Your location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: I just started seriously on the Primal plan five days ago

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but only hard cheese (aged cheddar, jarlsburg, emmenthal, parmesan)

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink three cups of coffee in the morning, a pot of tea in the afternoon (green and black varities)

Motivator for switching to Primal: To take control and responsibility for my health, fitness and life

Favorite exercise: I prefer to play soccer and tennis. And I love a walk outside every morning regardless of the weather.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, New York strip steak, Beef jerky, smoked fish ( I could go on)

Best part about being Primal: I love not feeling hungry, or bloated. I like feeling clear headed and in control

Worst part about being Primal:It will be giving up pizza.

Comment

• hello started the primal diet yesterday and found this site.

Your location: wales, uk

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: started yesterday. still a way to go in terms of organic, grass fed etc. im just using what i can find in the local shop until i can get some better quality meats.

Do you consume dairy: butter only.

Do you drink coffee or tea: one cup in the morning. i dont even want it this morning but i will cut back gradually to avoid the coffee headaches.

Motivator for switching to Primal: to try and heal my broken tooth. but also, i have a host of other mental and physical problems that i think primal will address.

Favorite exercise: i havent exercised in quite some time. i dont enjoy it. i might try to go for a short walk today.

Favorite Primal food: i like all of it. very keen on courgettes and eggs with sea salt. i dont really like seafood or offal.

Best part about being Primal: how easy it is to make food. i am used to spending hours in the kitchen making bread.

Worst part about being Primal: probably the cost.

Comment

• Hi, pleased to be part of the forums.

Your location: Nottinghamshire, England

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: A work in progress, only started yesterday

Do you consume dairy: At the moment yes, but not all dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Long history of cancer in the family, digestive problems and I'm absolutely fed up of being on a constant diet but still putting on weight.

Favorite exercise: I love swimming, jogging, body pump and combat classes.

Favorite Primal food: Unsure yet, but liking what I've had so far.

Best part about being Primal: Dropping the guilt and constant counting and measuring.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm not sure yet but i think the worst part will be eating out, turning down food family have cooked etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                      In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: west yorkshire

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: for just 1 week. Have started by cutting out grains

Do you consume dairy: yes mainly from cheese and Greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: herbal tea and some coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: health benefits

Favorite exercise: weights

Favorite Primal food: meat

Best part about being Primal: early days but my skin is better ( was very dry)

Worst part about being Primal: headaches hopefully will go soon?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Hi everyone,

The Questions:

Your location: Northern Virginia, USA

Age (If you want):63

How Primal are you: Just starting, still in the learning curve

Do you consume dairy: yes, limited amounts plus cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes

Motivator for switching to Primal:want to lose fat

Favorite exercise:walking

Favorite Primal food: so far I like it all and not missing the junk so much

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:

I spent about a week before finding PB, easing my way off the bread and other destructive carbs.....one of my biggest was having lots of sugar and powdered coffee mate in my morning coffee!! Now I drink with only a little cream or black.

I have 2 daughters who are celiac but I tested zero with the blood tests and their dad tested positive so we always thought it was from his dna - but obviously once in perimenopause, I put on the pounds and other methods just didn't work. I have to say already I feel better without the grains.

Comment

• Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: I have been eating hardcore paleo for longer than there has been a MDA. I just cruise by to look for good info...

I do not eat:

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc)

Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc)

Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )

Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant)

Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc)

Legumes (soy/beans/peas)

Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc)

Do you consume dairy: No. None. Not even butter (Yes butter is dairy too)

Do you drink coffee or tea: I will drink coffee (it's a seed so BACK OFF!)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I started paleo eating as it made sense for good health.

Favorite exercise: Lugging my sandbag or swinging a sledgehammer

Favorite Primal food: Pork belly on the BBQ (followed closely by grass-fed steak on the BBQ)

Best part about being Primal: Being healthier, having more energy, building muscle, not getting sick...

Worst part about being Primal: Talking to the smuggles about food - "What do you mean wheat is bad???"

Comment

• Hi. Newbie Explorer here!

Your location: Atlanta suburbs, Georgia (US)

Age (If you want): FORTY!

How Primal are you: just looking around! Intrigued! Trying to ease into it with some low-carbing at this point...

Do you consume dairy: Yes, yogurt, cheese and ice cream. Don't care for milk but use it in cooking.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both. Sweetener/cream in my coffee, unsweet iced tea (an anomaly here in GA!)

Motivator for switching to Primal: See above, re: Age! Also the 15+ pounds I can't seem to lose.

Favorite exercise: Swimming, frisbee, yoga, trampoline!, tap dancing! (don't do enough of the last 2)

Favorite Primal food: Dying to try this one: Guacamole-Stuffed Southwest Burgers | Mark's Daily Apple

Best part about being Primal: I would think it's the health benefit! Living a long adulthood!

Worst part about being Primal: I'm worried that I'll BECOME sensitive to all grains and "occasional indulgences" won't be possible anymore.

Comment

• Your location: London, UK

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Losing weight

Favorite exercise: Bench Press

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: The amount of eggs I eat

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing really

Comment

• I live in Costa Rica and I will be 63 each month. I am JUST STARTING so I have now info about how Primal I am at this point. I will probably continue to consume a bit of dairy and have coffee in the morning. My motivator is HEALTH ISSUES. Retiring to Costa Rica, one of the most amazing environments in the world, has been a complete blessing. So I want to experience it to the fullest and not let my health problems limit me. I have no thyroid, having had it radiated for Graves Disease many years ago, so I am hypo . I have psoriatic arthritis as well. From my research it appears that Primal should help BOTH issues. I'm really excited to begin in earnest and not "cheat" for the first 30 days. Right now, my favorite exercise is yoga and I hike up the mountain to get to yoga. My REAL favorite exercise is horseback riding, but moving to CR meant giving away my horse. I hope to get a horse here at some point. Favorite primal food -- I get nitrate-free bacon from the Portuguese butcher in town -- it's awesome!! I love eggplant and zucchini roasted. I am probably going to miss the lemon cookies I used to make, but I hope that as I see "improvements" in my health, energy and weight, they will become as distant a memory as the smoking I gave up 25 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X