Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm on day 12 of the 21 Day Primal Blueprint Challenge and am blogging about it here: My Journey Into Primal Living in the Modern World

I'm 42 years old and I have about 100 pounds to lose. I've been loosely primal for about a year but have not really stuck to it for more than 3 months. Plainly put, I am addicted to the foods in our society that are created to be addictive so that we buy more and more of them benefitting large corporations. I'm also really busy which doesn't help.

Right now, my spouse and I are on the 21 day challenge and are doing pretty well (read about it in my blog). There have been some bumps in the road and I am kind of losing my resolve a bit. I'm hoping that by frequenting this place and receiving support from like minded people, I will regain my resolve and do what I know is best for my life.

Comment

How Primal are you: At least 80%….

Do you consume dairy: mostly raw in moderation

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I tried it on the advice of my holistic doctor and it feels great! I like all of the foods and meal prep is easy compared to when I was vegan (yeah-huge change but we get all of our meat from a sustainable farm in our area so the animals are treated humanely).

Favorite exercise: Riding my bicycle and walking my dog.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Having energy, going barefoot (I wear barefoot shoes if I have to wear shoes), feeling connected to myself, and meal prep is easy and not time consuming.

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to find food easily on the go.

Hobbies: getting my Master's in Counseling specializing in Children and Adolescents and Couples and FAmilies.
      Last edited by Free; 07-12-2014, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• I am 53, live in Florida, just ordered the cookbook and can't wait to get started. So over being bloated and overweight. Want to feel better and get my hubby healthier too. We have both seen a substantial weight gain since we met over 24yrs ago. Thanks Mark!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• I wanted to know if there are ANY portion restrictions? Like on the nuts or the butter? It is difficult to wrap my brain around eating full fat products and not having to worry about calories. I love nuts for my snacks but I don't want to overdo it. Please advise, thanks!!

Comment

• Age (If you want):

How Primal are you: I have been pretty Primal for a month I just can't wrap my brain around full fat Greek yogurt and using butter.

Do you consume dairy: fat-free Greek Yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: need a boost to lose more weight and to continue to feel great

Favorite exercise: swimming and elliptical, also Zumba

Favorite Primal food: salmon

Best part about being Primal:I fee so much better and have a lot more energy

Worst part about being Primal: I don't know if I need to control my portions on anything.

I wanted to know if there is ANY sort of portion control. Like on the macadamia nuts, am I supposed to eat those once a day and count how many I eat? Also, how often is moderately for dairy, like full fat Greek Yogurt?

Comment

• Hello, I am new and just wanted to introduce myself. I am Jen from Boston, MA.

Comment

• Your location: Greenwood, Indiana

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: I just became Primal.

Do you consume dairy: I have love dairy my entire life! I have quit cold turkey! Milk 2 to 3 times a day as well as cheese on everything no more!

Do you drink coffee or tea: I never really was a coffee or tea drinker

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have had psoriasis for about 20 years, but in the last two years, the auto immune disease has progressed into psoriatic arthritis and is getting worse.

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: grilled meat... chicken, shrimp, steak, pork..

Best part about being Primal: the health benefits of being pain free!

Worst part about being Primal: Got no milk?!

Comment

• Your location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Just getting started (a week in) but I have always had certain primal habits.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, at present, but I plan to do some experimentation with excluding it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, might also experiment here by removing them for a while.

Motivator for switching to Primal: General health has been low for a while now and it just makes so much sense!

Favorite exercise: Rock Climbing

Favorite Primal food: Lamb Chops

Best part about being Primal: Still to be decided...

Worst part about being Primal: So far the sugar cravings!

Comment

• Your location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: pretty primal (but with dairy)

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: heartburn, metabolic syndrome

Favorite exercise: lying on the couch

Favorite Primal food: too many to list

Best part about being Primal: no heartburn

Worst part about being Primal: time spent preparing food

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Oahu, Hawaii soon to Seattle, Washington

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Very

Do you consume dairy: Yes. (Thank you Mutant Genes)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black and Green tea... coming off a 1 cup a day coffee habit

Motivator for switching to Primal: Life or Death

Favorite exercise: Walking and Swimming

Favorite Primal food: BEEF

Best part about being Primal: Not getting sick and vomiting all the time.

Worst part about being Primal: For now, it is not wise to add in baked items or nuts so the crunch factor is slightly missed. But not really.
                      There is an infinite, thrumming, unseen web that joins everything. Everything is connected to everything else… this fact is nearly impossible for us to grasp because we are just mollusks, shut up tight at the bottom of a dark, cold ocean, trying to make sense of stars we cannot even see.

Comment

• Central California

I've been really really bad about being primal. For a few months, I was doing really well. I had lost about 30 lbs. I had kicked the sugar cravings. And then the summer time propaganda of having s'mores weakened my resolve. There has been a lot of shuffling of my peers at work and for some reason the only thing that comforts me is any type of dish with potatoes and possibly cheese in it. And no i do not work out enough to justify the starches.

I can consume dairy. It doesn't bother me. But I tend to go overboard with it.

I don't usually drink coffee. It gives me anxiety. But I haven't been able to sleep lately so to function, I drink coffee. I love teas. I have quite a variety, mostly white and green teas.

I did a 6 month stretch of being mostly primal and I felt amazing. I want to feel that way again. My older sister is Type II diabetic and I do not want to deal with the health issues that she has because of her diabetes. I think if I can stick to this, perhaps I can help her do the same.

I used to be really active. I was in a dance company a while ago. Any type of dancing and Bikram Yoga were my favorite exercises. But because of how overweight I've become i mostly am only able to walk up and down the hill by my house. When i'm feeling particularly ambitious I will walk on the beach. Honestly, that is not very often.

Favorite primal food, MEAT!

Best part about being primal.... Feeling better! My knees not hurting and feeling more energized and excited

Worst part about being primal.... The guilty feeling I get when I compromise my goals and have something I regret eating later.

Sorry to ramble, but I'm pretty hopeful that if I make a (somewhat) public commitment to my goals of being healthy I will follow through. I don't like to let people down and I am a woman of my word. Thanks for reading = ) NTF Cavewoman

Comment

• Your Location: Lee's Summit, MO

How Primal are you: I would say that I am pretty primal. I have completely cut grains out of my diet, and try to eat as healthy as possible. I am working very hard to make sure that I try to follow the Primal Blueprint as well as my means allow.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, to some extent I do. I have found that dairy can have some good nutrients in it as well as some fat as well. I mostly just get my extent of dairy from things like cottage cheese and cream cheese, and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: no I am not much of a coffee or tea drinker.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I had a great amount of fat on my body that I did not want to have. I had been doing extensive workouts and had been running as well but had no success in getting rid of the fat. I also wanted to be more fit and have the hard work from my workouts show.

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: Steaks on the grill

Best part about being Primal: The fact that I am loosing so much of my body fat and extra weight and I can see my hard work showing. I also feel much better that I am making my body better rather than worse.

Worst part about being Primal: Some of the restrictions that are difficult to get around when eating out.

Comment

• Your location: Cleveland, Ohio

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: just starting!

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss

Favorite exercise: spinning, yoga, weight training

Favorite Primal food: not sure yet

Best part about being Primal: hopefully a lot! Just starting

Worst part about being Primal: see above :-)

Comment

• Hi PBP folks,

I'm Wolfgang. Pleased to join.

Your location: London, UK (Old Blighty)

Age (If you want): 37 for now

How Primal are you: 99%

Do you consume dairy: Raw Milk, easy on the rest. If dairy then organic minimum.

Do you drink coffee or tea: "Does the pope shit in the woods?"

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sorting my gut/digestive issues.

Favorite exercise: core & body weight

Favorite Primal food: Lamb Shanks, slow cooked in cast iron casserole.

Best part about being Primal: no longer "afraid" to eat what tastes good! Experimenting with offal, yum!

Worst part about being Primal: Being socially harassed into trying home made cakes, cookies and other O6, transfats, gluten products. How can you say "no" if someone bakes a brownie especially for you? That would be rude!

That's me for now!

Comment

• Hi I'm 29 years old about 290lbs.
                                6ft tall definitely endomorph body type.
                                I'm in possibly the worst shape my body has ever been in. I occasionally workout and exercise. I'm a HGV driver working 6 days a week finding little time to exercise. I'm married to my gorgeous wife who 4 weeks ago gave birth to our first child. As you can appreciate my spare time is being with and enjoying and caring for my family.
                                A few years ago before we met I was hitting the gym 5 times a week and had a decent looking body, body fat was hard to get off but it came off very slowly. Muscle mass was good and I maintained it with a good high protein diet. I'm looking for some support and advice to help get back to a great body.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X