X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: New Orleans

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: some - butter, yogurt, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, occasional milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No.

Motivator for switching to Primal: trying to get healthier and primal/paleo made the most sense.

Favorite exercise: anything that will not cause awkward injuries.

Favorite Primal food: eggs and bacon

Best part about being Primal: being healthier today than I ever was in my 20s.

Worst part about being Primal: explaining to others why I can't eat their tuna patties breaded in flour and cooked in canola oil, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hello from Vermont

Your location: Vermont

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: Just starting the journey

Do you consume dairy: Absolutely!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, but I can probably live without it. Iced tea ... ditto.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Type 2 diabetes, high triglycerides, not ready to die yet

Favorite exercise: Biking, golf, walking, video gaming (just kidding about that last one ... sorta)

Favorite Primal food: Meat & eggs

Best part about being Primal: Not worrying about measuring or calorie counting

Worst part about being Primal: Goodbye (at least for a long while) pizza and ice cream, my two favorite food groups.

In 2004, I managed to lose (and have kept off) 75 pounds through following the Atkins program. I got my A1C down as low as 5.7 and even though my triglycerides remained higher than normal, they were much improved after I lost that weight. Ten years later, even though I've kept that weight off, I'm right back where I was (and worse) numbers-wise. That hardly seems fair and I'm pissed off.

So call this what you will ... wake up call #2, last chance, whatever ... it's time to fix this once and for all. With multiple issues to deal with (there's also something wrong with my liver but I won't know what it is for another week or so) I want to stay alive and healthy in order to enjoy retirement with my wife when I get there in 15 years or so. I'm looking forward to "meeting" some folks and want to thank Mark and the Worker Bees for so many fantastic posts which I've just started to wade through.

Onward and downward! (weight-wise that is)

Grok Wannabe (John)

Comment

• Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: I have been reading about Paleo diets for some time now. I did a sugar-free diet last year quite successfully, and have kept my sugar intake relatively low since then. I've considered the Primal guide quite carefully and reached a point, for many reasons, where I'm motivated to really give it a go. I have strong reasons to believe I'll do better off grains.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, because I've been dairy-free before with little noted benefit, although I'm considering trying dairy-free again once I'm adjusted to being low-carb again. I stick to full-fat, unhomogenised, organic when possible - this is pretty easy where I live (Sydney, Australia).

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Here we go. Normal weight for the past 7 years, but diagnosed with impaired glucose tolerance, PCOS, borderline high blood pressure, borderline high cholesterol. I'm learning to take these diagnoses in my stride and to look for other ways to improve my wellbeing. Doctors are not interested in helping me any more, as I'm a normal weight and have always eaten a "good" (read: crap) diet and exercised, so now it is either just "my fault" or "in my genes".

Favorite exercise: Walking, Les Mills pump classes, swimming at the beach

Favorite Primal food: Fresh hot scrambled eggs!

Best part about being Primal: Not getting the racing-feeling followed by the sleepy-feeling after eating!

Worst part about being Primal: Had a couple of really awful days of brain fog and crankiness - but this coincided with work stress and hormones! I went through a similar process with the sugar-free diet so I know it will pass. Plus, I know I'm going to get some mad cravings for sourdough bread soon. Soon.

Comment

• Your location: England

Age (If you want): Yikes 63

How Primal are you: Mostly

Do you consume dairy: Yes, mostly full fat organic live yoghurt, raw milk when I can get it, thick cream and lots of raw butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight that nothing will shift

Favorite exercise: yoga, walking

Favourite Primal food: Grass fed meat

Best part about being Primal: I'll let you know

Worst part about being Primal: Is there one? I guess trying to justify why I don't eat crap.

Hi, I've finally succeeded in opening the door here, I joined but couldn't post for some reason. Fixed now though. I'm familiar with primal/paleo and continue to tweak my diet. I'm an avid reader of all things paleo and have spent time on a few websites but not joined many. I was a member of one but after about a year the scales fell from my eyes and I realised that it was not for me. I don't miss it, the deception was appalling.

Goals are still to shift the weight, even eating primally/paleo hasn't had any effect. I'll keep slogging on though, there must be an answer somewhere.

Comment

• Hi My name is Angela and I am a new member.
            The reason I am writing, is to truly thanks Mark!!! For many years I have suffered the weight cycle, to the extent of the lose of my menstrual cycle for 4 years!!!!!! I am only 41. After purchasing Marks book, everything seemed to make sense!!!!!
            Within a week of Primal eating, I am finally full!!! never hungry!!! and finally my menstrual cycle came back today!!!!!
            I am normal and I feel fantastic for the first time in many many many years.
            Thank you so so much Mark!!!! You will never know how much you changed my life!!!!!angela0617@hotmail.com.au

Comment

• very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• DANISH to CROATIAN dictionary
                DANISH to ESPERANTO dictionary

Good forum and super topics .......... i like
                Last edited by jafar456; 08-08-2014, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Hello I am Brisa, I am not primal but I am very interested in learning about the primal lifestyle and diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Oh,very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Reply to "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Your location: TX

Age (If you want): 54 and fabulous!

How Primal are you: I don't know I just started on 7-7-2014, sticking with meat and veggies and good fats and I'm loving it! Before I started eating Primal I had cut out pastas, grains and breads for the most part and had stopped eating sugars [i.e. cookies, candy, ice cream, etc] but I still used Splenda in my coffee and Crystal Lite in my water.

Do you consume dairy: yes heavy cream in coffee, good cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee with heavy cream

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to get healthy and get off Type 2 meds along with high blood pressure meds. I've lost 30 lbs in the past 2 years but I need to loose more to get off my meds.

Favorite exercise: walking and reading my Kindle. The time just flies by because I get so involved with the story I'm reading!

Favorite Primal food: Eggs and bacon and deviled eggs!! I love them!! Brussells sprouts with onions and green beans with onions, smoked chicken thighs or breasts.

Best part about being Primal: It's really easy, I know I've only been on it "strictly" for a few days but so far so good. I used to be a pastaholic and Velveeta cheeseaholic but I haven't had pasta in about 6-8 months but I would eat the occassional sandwich or fast food burger. Now I don't want to eat that way anymore and I want to go Primal [Gggrrrhhh!!! Hear Me Roar!] I enjoy cooking so that's no problem for me. I'm even bringing my Husband over to my way of thinking, he's a truck driver and believe me it's been a battle but he has lost weight and his glucose numbers are excellent!! I think I might have converted him!!

Worst part about being Primal: I haven't found one yet - Sorry!

Comment

• Hello! I'm Julee- I live in Berlin, Connecticut. I am 30 years old and I've spent the past year being primal about 70% of the time. I will do really good for a few months and then off the wagon I go. When I'm off the wagon I consume dairy but when I strict I do not consume dairy. I drink black coffee in the morning but no tea for me! My favorite exercise is long distance running and crossfit. The best part of primal is my running performance the worst part is eating out (it's not worth it). I also love pizza and that's just not possible when I'm on the wagon!!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hi, I'm Brittaney from Canada.

I am 23 years old and I found out about primal last year while teaching in France. I did my best to follow it over the course of the past year. Read through the archives and read as many books as I could get my hands on. I am in my own place now suddenly things are beginning to change. I've gone from 70% primal to maybe 95% primal with tons of primal exercise thrown in! I've got a weight lifting course going this summer which I am excited about and loving so far! Been readings these forums for maybe 6 months but now that I am finally noticing changes, I want to celebrate with others who appreciate this lifestyle!
                          Last edited by noble23; 07-10-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• How Primal are you: I go to third world countries and buy dirty vegetables and unpackaged organ meat. 100% serious.

Do you consume dairy: Absolutely and by the gallon. I'm involved in the Weston Price foundation and raw milk advocacy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: no.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Over the years I've tried everything and found that paleo plus dairy within Weston A. Price quality guidelines eaten on an Intermittent Fasting style schedule is what works best for me by far.

Favorite exercise: I like weight lifting and I like bodyweight circuits for cardio. Favorite single exercise is probably the deadlift.

Favorite Primal food: Probably fish eggs.

Best part about being Primal: Being healthy, feeling good, having my body get hard and brutal, having sure knowledge that the kinds of things I eat have a multi-thousand year track record of producing healthy and strong people.

Worst part about being Primal: I don't understand the question.

Hobbies: Medicine (currently on the tail end of my first year of medical school), permaculture, natural building, weight lifting/fitness, writing, investing, cooking, fermented foods
                            Last edited by Jothra; 07-12-2014, 03:44 PM.
                            Things worth eating are rarely sold in stores.
                            [ Paleo // Weston A. Price // Intermittent Fasting ]
                            *** School of Medicine class of 2017

Comment

• Your location: San Antonio, Texas

Age (If you want): Almost 62

How Primal are you: 99%

Do you consume dairy: Cream, butter little cheese now and again

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee w/cream

Motivator for switching to Primal: Long journey searching for answers to poor health

Favorite exercise: Plank

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Steak

Worst part about being Primal: Doubled my food budget

Comment

• My name's Michaela and I am a 27 year old graduate student. I've started an elimination diet because of digestive issues, but due to other health issues that I think might be hypothyroidism, I've also cut out foods for hypothyroidism. It's pretty much limited my diet options to about 10 things, so I'm hoping I can get some help on this forum. But, on the plus side, I've been introduced to zucchini and can't imagine my life without it.

Comment

Working...
                                X