X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Cleveland, OH

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: just starting back up but with diet, about 75% and exercise is 50% but steadily increasing

Do you consume dairy: yes, slowly trying to phase out the cheese but I really enjoy coconut milk so that was an easy swap

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee. Maybe one cup when I get to the job (2 days a week)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I loved the way I felt after eating Paleo for three weeks and see the negative effects of processed food and junk on members if my family. I will be a dad this November and want to set a good example for my kid. Also, I love the primal workouts - it's like being a kid again!

Favorite exercise: in the gym- squats, when I am outdoors it's climbing anything or flipping a tire

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, kale, nuts and lamb

Best part about being Primal: feeling like I am really making a difference in my health and longevity

Worst part about being Primal: my Italian blood hates no pasta lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hey This is Salt Packs we are a new bag company....going to Kickstarter in a month or so....really excited
      We are all about the beach, surfing, paddleboard, and adventure sports! Can't wait to tweet you....find us at https://twitter.com/ruletheplanet or https://www.facebook.com/saltpacks on facebook! manandbag.JPG

Comment

• Name: Mike

Your location: Lake Jackson, TX

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: I've been about 90% primal for a little over 2 months.

Do you consume dairy: Half & half in my coffee, cheese (not daily), and milk (1/2 cup every few days)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: My wife and I tried primal a year ago for a couple of months and I really enjoyed the energy I had throughout the day. I'm wanting to lose body fat and improve my health metrics.

Favorite exercise: Disc golf, bike riding

Favorite Primal food: Any kind of meat I grill and chopped salads

Best part about being Primal: I enjoy eating foods I like and not feel guilty about it.

Worst part about being Primal: I do miss pizza.

Comment

• I Live in Gorgeous Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. I love being outdoors; kayaking and running to the beach with my dog, Scout.
          I have been Paleo most of my life. I grew up with Armenian grandparents who ate Paleo, it just was called traditional food when I was growing. I "strayed" while in college and began getting migraines. I went back to Paleo and have never looked back. I have just opened Cave Girl at the Beach where I hope to introduce Paleo to locals far and wide. My website is Cavegirlatthebeach.com. I also have a Facebook page. I have never felt better in my life! Reading Primal Blueprint for the third time..thank you, Mark!

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location:Scotland

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you:1st day! Hoping to be as near 100% to start - get over the dreaded brain fog quicker I hope.

Do you consume dairy: milk in coffee and cheese for now.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: lose weight, get healthy, stop carb cravings and chocolate binges, gain more energy.

Favorite exercise:mountain biking, running or walking.

Favorite Primal food: eggs, nuts, avocados

Best part about being Primal: yet to discover - energy gain and weight loss I hope.

Worst part about being Primal: I think it will be giving up lager and beer...well for some of the time!

Comment

• Hello my name is Jeff. I'm an Ann Arbor, MI and I'm 29. I'm not Primal, in any way, right now... I eat a lot of cheese, energy drinks, and other things. I just want to have a healthier lifestyle and I'm exploring the PB as an option.

I'm looking for good, scientifically backed, evidence that cavemen were healthier than the modern day human.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location:

England

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

When focused most of the time. However I keep having major falls off the wagon.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Am considering giving it up. I love cheese with a passion.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Fatigue.

Favorite exercise:

Have not yet started primal lifestyle recommended exercise. Just started Xi Gong and thoroughly enjoying.

Favorite Primal food:

Eggs, meat, veg.

Best part about being Primal:

Feeling healthy.

Worst part about being Primal:

Explaining it to other people, eating anywhere but home.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Grass Valley California

Age (If you want):36

How Primal are you: Pretty darn except dairy. I love dairy.

Do you consume dairy:Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I saw pictures of myself from my sisters wedding and I looked-unfit. A month before that I was having odd sensations of vertigo and panic attacks. At 36 that can be the start of the spiral down or a motivator to not just get better but to get better than I've ever been.

Favorite exercise:Sprinting

Favorite Primal food: POKI

Best part about being Primal: Getting creative about food. Without easy grains to fill on, meals become a challenge that I enjoy,

Worst part about being Primal: The family call me the carb NAZI.

Comment

How Primal are you: Somewhat? Haven't officially started as we just moved here, and don't even have a home with a kitchen yet.

Do you consume dairy: I won't at first since I know I react to it. I haven't tried all the different forms though and would love to try raw. (Doesn't matter if it is cow, goat, sheep or camel.) I may have a casein issue, but need to test more to pinpoint it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, but mostly tea, and usually just herbal teas. NORA tea was fantastic with my last pregnancy

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. I have psoriasis and have found dairy to cause flare ups, but I need to test gluten. What better place to test than with a community of people that have great recipes without either? And with kids...in an expensive place to live...(anyone know if I can get raw milk, even with a share?)... Luckily we can start with an empty pantry, well whole kitchen, but how do I start? Anyone in Hawaii near Hickam AFB, or Honolulu that can direct me to good places to shop?

Favorite exercise: will most likely be my bike as I plan to use it for commuting. (Anyone hear of an xtracycle?)

Favorite Primal food: most likely steak lol

Best part about being Primal: health and weight hopefully. I want energy, my brain fog to go away, and my psoriasis to stay in check. Hopefully going primal can do this for me.

Worst part about being Primal: Sharing with friends/family hasn't been too difficult as it seems I am the one in the family always trying to 'go green'. (CDing, nursing, home schooling, babywearing, home birthing, making my own 'green' products to clean, etc..) The hardest thing right now would be finding good sources for good foods (grass fed and organics) as well as staying in a budget with three kiddos and a hungry working hubby. Any pointers for this area? Finally making the leap to change!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

How Primal are you?: I've read this site for over a year before really trying anything. I wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting into, and didn't want another failed CW diet. I started eating 80/20 Primal in January 2014 and have gone from 230-lbs to 197-lbs in 6 months. I'm slowly changing more things to move more primal and I am loving it so far.

Do you consume dairy?: Yes, mostly cheese in my salad or eggs.

Do you drink coffee or tea?: No, only water, red wine, and the occasional coconut water.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I needed a lifestyle change that would get me off the roller coaster of CW diets. I tried chronic exercise and weight watchers in the past and I would always plateau with no hope of breaking through despite more effort. Reading and studying this blog for over a year helped me learn to challenge CW and question all I knew about nutrition. Also growing up in Alabama with an abundance of fried and unhealthy food made me want to find a way out.

Favorite exercise: I have enjoyed P90X and jogging in the past, and I'm glad to know I can modify those to be primal and not burn out.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon. Is there another choice?

Best part about being Primal: I have learned to listen to my body when I eat to determine how food makes me feel. I usually know instantly when I have eaten something I shouldn't. It has been a journey of self-discovery that I have enjoyed so far.

Worst part about being Primal: Living in the South is difficult to find a huge variety of foods, but its getting better. Eating out here is truly difficult. I eat a lot of salad at restaurants because there is so much fried food around. The other tough part is that the culture and mindset here is so contrary to being Primal. I find it tough to explain to people what I am doing and why. My personal results have helped that some though.

Comment

• Introduction

Hi All! Little bit of info

Your location: Quebec, Canada

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Mostly Primal as i just started, did cut out grains and most of refined/processed products. Also trying to live as Primally as possible.

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes, im a big fan of Brie so i have a little piece every now and then.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Rarely id say max once or twice a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: When i found MDA, it made me realize how i wasn't living to my full potential and was probably feeding my body with stuff it didn't want or need.

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, Salmon, Avocados, Berries.

Best part about being Primal: I feel better physically and mentally definitely noticed an improvement.

Worst part about being Primal: Miss some of the foods i used to eat but i don't crave them as much as i did back then.

Thank you, see you around!

Comment

• Hi...
                          I'm a 57 year old woman living in the Philadelphia burbs.... Just starting the primal journey...since being diagnosed with MS last year and reading Dr terry Wahl's book about her miraculous recovery from MS symptoms thru a modified Paleo diet... Also having had a gastric bypass over 12 years ago...am curious if my drastically altered GI system will absorb the nutrients needed and possibly help my symptoms... So glad to find this community
                          Christine

Comment

• Hi everyone!

I'm Jackie from St. Louis, MO. I'm 29, 5'7" 129 lbs. I was a serial dieter/health nut for years and then began eating primal after having my first baby in 2012. Now I just had my second and am back to my pre-baby weight but have been letting too much junk creep it's way back into my diet. I think joining this forum will help get me back on track to clean up my diet and be a little healthier.

Dairy: only about one or two times a week in a Starbucks

Coffee/tea: yes please!

Motivator for going primal: reading MDA, It Starts With Food, and Grain Brain. Overwhelming evidence and awesome post-partum results.

Fav exercise: pistol squats, sprints, push-ups because there are so many variations and you can do them anywhere

Fav primal foods: eggs, berries, steak, asparagus

Best part of primal: I have so much more energy and a flatter belly

Worst part: definitely miss things like brownies and pizza but if I ever slip a little and eat them I'm reminded of why I went primal in the first place...I feel so tired!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Questions:

Your location: North Carolina, USA

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you: 95% except for one open meal a week

Do you consume dairy:No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: continuously bloated without any energy. Gaining weight regardless of calorie restriction or exercise

Favorite exercise:Jogging

Favorite Primal food: Chicken wings, bison burgers

Best part about being Primal: Getting creative about food. Without easy grains to fill on, meals become a challenge that I enjoy,

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to accommodate restaurant food into paleo lifestyle

Comment

• Your location: Colorado

Age (If you want): 59

How Primal are you: just starting again after falling totally of the wagon after having wrist surgery last November.

Do you consume dairy: yes, love heavy cream in my coffee and use grass fed butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and overall health. Feeling stiff, slow and sluggish. Hoping it will help with my joint pain.

Favorite exercise: right now just walking.

Favorite Primal food: I can have bacon!!!! I spent so many years denying myself this and other good food!

Best part about being Primal: feeling sooooo....... Much better and having more energy!!

Worst part about being Primal: explaining it to non primal types! But I'll keep trying!!

Comment

Working...
                                X