X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: London UK

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Just starting out, plus currently breastfeeding so still having some porridge and brown rice.

Do you consume dairy: Greek yoghurt, cheese and bit of milk in coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes both (no sugar)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Initially for weight loss post baby, but I'm starting to understand there may be more to it than that. I've tried various things over the years, vegetarian, vegan, low calorie etc but nothing lasted. Since drastically reducing grains, and not having any bread, pasta or sugar (and I was having a lot) for the last couple of weeks I am feeling a lot more clear headed, and 'lighter' and not just on the scales but yes I have lost about 8lbs. I have had PCOS and so has my sister which is linked to insulin resistance and my dad is type 2 diabetic so this really makes sense to me.

Favorite exercise: walking, yoga, circuits

Favorite Primal food: Avocado, eggs

Best part about being Primal: eating tasty foods I really enjoy.

Worst part about being Primal: not sure yet as I am just starting but I guess when you eat at other peoples houses. I am not very vocal about what I need so would probably just go off the plan and make do with whatever is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: More Paleo than Primal because I am allergic to milk proteins and eggs.

Do you consume dairy: NO - not even trace elements like whey proteins or milk solids added to most commercial food products.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, occasionally.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
      I sought out a better diet after strict CW diet and exercise were no longer controlling my long term Glucose Intolerance.

Favourite exercise: Dancing (I need to do more of it). I suspect that I will really enjoy heavy lifting too.

Favourite Primal food: MEAT! Crackling (Pork Belly, Beef Suet), Tallow, Dripping

Best part about being Primal: Feeling right in mind, body and soul. There is far less brain fug, bloating, infections, and inflammation.

Worst part about being Primal: Severely limits options for dining out socially.

Comment

• My location: Florida
        My Age 68
        Just getting started but after only two days primal I feel better. Is that possible?
        Dairy? Sometimes yogurt but seldom and will cut out completely
        Drink Coffee? Yes
        Motivator: To feel better - not so sluggish - and lose weight
        Favorite Exercise: None But do walk
        Favorite Food: Steak
        Best part about being Primal: Feeling better and 1 or 2 glasses of red wine with my steak
        Worst part about being Primal? Don't know yet.... I guess no carbs at all... but feeling better is more important

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: The Netherlands

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: yes, sometimes a small peace of cheese made from raw milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes tea, black and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was 14 when I started having problems with the sugar in mij diet. Have always been tired in different degrees sins then and having emotional and health problems. Been experimenting with food wich makes me feel better, reading the paleo way of eating I saw the conclusion to mij experimeting. I want to feel good!!

Favorite exercise: Walking the dogs

Favorite Primal food: I just love the food, its so tasty

Best part about being Primal: Brain fog is gone (If I eat fully paleo), overal energie pikking up

Worst part about being Primal: mij body is so much more sensetive to eating to much fruit, I feels like I have a hang over the next morning. Cheating whith a wheat and mij gal blader and intestines flare up and mij energie goes down.

Comment

• Hi! I just started primal life about a week and a half ago. My sister joined me yesterday. We are so excited! Glad to have found the forum because I'll be needing advice, inspiration, and probably a place to whine about living with non-primal eaters.
            How primal am I? So far, very. Other than one meal off last week, completely.
            Do you consume dairy? I've had about an ounce of cheese since I began and a swig of whole milk because my son was sure it was sour. Haha. Had to prove it was fresh!
            I drink coffee and tea. Love them both.
            Motivator: steady, slow weight gain over the last two years. Feeling puffy and sore. And needing to amp up my athleticism for training purposes. Gotta get about 15 pounds OFF!
            Favorite exercise: heavy bag workout
            Fave primal food: I'm a chicken farmer so probably eggs but a good steak can't be beat.
            Best part of being primal: so far, just clearer skin. Haven't lost an ounce.
            Worst part of being primal: I'm a fruit addict and also make the best frozen Irish coffee on earth. Missing my sweets, I guess.

Comment

• Your location: Colorado

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: Less than 48 hours - trying to absorb as much as I can as quickly as I can

Do you consume dairy: Only for the next 3 days until the greek yogurt I bought is gone

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea - white and green - loose

Motivator for switching to Primal: Something's got to change. Weight and Health are my main concerns.

About 3 years ago, I lost 70 pounds. I was a cardio-junkie and groping my way through an eating "plan" that I made up as I went along. Well, it's all back and pretty much stuck on me - no budging the scale no matter what I do. I've got a bad (but not broken) left knee so jumping up and down or running for long periods of time are out. PB seems to make sense to me but time will tell.

Favorite exercise: Right now - walking. I do a bit of trail running with walking mixed in (gotta' be nice to my bad knee). Plan to add weights exercising and a couple of weekly sprints (maybe in the form on intervals on a treadmill) as my comfort level increases.

Favorite Primal food: So far, all of them! Still learning.

Best part about being Primal: It looks like it's going to be easier to shop and cook. I'm all into simple (working on my PhD) and basic so if I can stick with meat, veggies, and fruit, I should be good.

Worst part about being Primal: Let me get back to you on that!
              Not all changes lead to progress. But progress is impossible without changes.

Comment

• Your location: I live in New Mexico, but will be moving to Denton, TX when my house is finished in early September

Age (If you want): 66

How Primal are you: just getting started. Hard to give up tortillas in breakfast burrito!

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink decaf coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: lose weight, but having just been on the program for about 10 days, I'm loving the way my body feels, and my jeans fit.

Favorite exercise: Bicycle

Favorite Primal food: bacon & Eggs. Wish I could wrap them in a tortilla!

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling so sluggish

Worst part about being Primal: hard to do when I am visiting family. I have my Primal Shake powder now. That should help.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Your location:
                  Central Florida

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
                  Just began over the weekend; today was my first full day, from a plant based diet (80-90% daily) for too long.

Do you consume dairy:
                  IF/when we do, it's raw goat milk and goat cheese, and also raw goat milk kefir I make.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
                  DH-roasted dandelion root
                  Me- (medicinal) Herbal Teas

Motivator for switching to Primal:
                  Time for a change. Plant based didn't seem to be working for me or my dh

Favorite exercise:
                  Biking

Favorite Primal food:
                  I'm working on this. Bacon? I love (grass-fed) bacon!

Best part about being Primal:
                  I can eat meat again; something that not doing for quite a while has caused issues of its own, like extremely low B12.

Worst part about being Primal:
                  Right now? Re-introducing meat which we've been off of for some time.

There are some health issues such as chronic "unspecified inflammation," fibromyalgia, chronic sinus tachycardia, HGH Deficiency, 4x herniated cervical discs, chronic achilles tendonitis & plantar fasciitis x2, metabolic syndrome/insulin resistance, approx 100lbs over-weight. I'm pretty active despite these challenges...swimming, biking, lifting weights (not much) and yoga) and still it took me well over a year to lose 25lbs doing a 80-90% plant based diet. As an herbalist, I'm on no current drugs as I use medicinal herbs.

Primal, here we come.

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo
                  H/5'3
                  Start W/240
                  21 day challenge began 6/17/14
                  Weight after first 21days-235.7
                  Sept. 2, 2014-
                  13.2+a few inches lost

Comment

• Hello Friends !
                    How are you ?
                    I'm new Here

Comment

• Your location: Ottumwa, IA

Age (If you want): 334

How Primal are you: Currently 50-60% working on that!

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health/Weight Loss

Favorite exercise: Lifting weights

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Eating meat!

Worst part about being Primal: Less fruit. I could eat fruit all day!

Comment

• Name: Emma

Your location: Brisbane, Australia

How Primal are you: I'm just starting out. We have been eating paleo dinners for a few weeks now. I'm wanting to start 100% paleo in about a week and get serious.

Do you consume dairy: Yes I'll be consuming 24 hour homemade yogurt for the probiotics, but I'll try to phase out the cheese. I don't tolerate milk, so that's out already.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Stay healthy and balance out blood sugar levels.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Lamb chops and bacon.

Best part about being Primal: It's healthier for me.

Worst part about being Primal: The washing up.

Comment

• Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread

Name Gary

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 60 days but wayward a couple of time

Do you consume dairy: Only grass fed butter on rare occasions

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose fat

Favorite exercise: ATM strength training but did enjoy running but slowed that right down

Favorite Primal food: My favourite animal is steak

Best part about being Primal: Feel free

Worst part about being Primal: Miss rice

Last edited by gazstar106; 06-21-2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Your location: Tunisia

Age (If you want): 16 (I will be 17 this August)

How Primal are you: I'm considering it

Do you consume dairy: Yes sure

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee but tea from time to time

Motivator for switching to Primal: I never followed a plan before. I never went to a GYM before. I'm totally new. I guess I'm lucky finding this material.

I can't answer the other questions because I don't have an answer

Comment

• Your location: Bristol CT

AgeIf you: 60

How Primal are you: newly exploring

Do you consume dairy: currently yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup per day

Motivator for switching to Primal: have discovered that the "cleaner" i eat the better i feel

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:

Comment

• Your location: State College, PA (Penn State)

Age (If you want): "As old as my tongue, and a little bit older than my teeth."

How Primal are you: Moderate, but looking to tighten up. Numerous health challenges to tweak...

Do you consume dairy: Milk, no; other products, yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup coffee (sometimes) in the morning. More often tea, frequently herbals.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. I had gone gluten free about a year and a half ago, simply for relief of symptoms. Happy to take unexpected consequences of weight/inch loss & much lower glucose levels! Study lead to Paleo/primal. Now the things that were great aids in losing weight, stabilizing BG (ie: fat & fiber) are the very things causing major distress re: gastroparesis secondary to diabetes.

Favorite exercise: Running in circles & jumping to conclusions. Walking/hiking. Too many foot problems & inflamed joints to be able to push real hard at this point. part of what I'm anticipating to change eventually eating more primally.

Favorite Primal food: Duh, bacon. Ok, any kind of animal fat: duck, crispy roasted pig ears...

Best part about being Primal: Eating in a way the (for the most part) makes be feel so much better

Worst part about being Primal: To quote another intro post: "Talking to Muggles about food." Especially Medical Muggles.
                                <rant>The so-called experts.</rant>
                                The family kind of gets that I have special dietary challenges, in that they see the difference in my mental, emotional & physical health when I eat primally or not. Yet even when presented with lab results SHOWING "better numbers" when I tell them how I did it, it's unbelief at best. Better numbers = BG & Food logs, blood panels (BG, A1c, Lipids, BP, etc.) They don't want to believe that I can have such "good cholesterol" for example when eating a pound (or more) of bacon a week. Multiple quarters now, I've demonstrated that following their dietetic advice always results in worse numbers, while eating "that whacked paleo hype" shows otherwise. (OK, OK, really /rant now).

Comment

Working...
                                X