Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total newbie to going primal, but excited to get started on the right track.

Your location: Pennsylvania, USA

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Just starting

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, 1cup coffee in the morning, herbal tea in the evening. Also enjoy unsweetened iced tea occasionally.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Really liked what I was reading about it, plus tired of being so unhealthy.

Favorite exercise: walking, riding bike, swimming.

Favorite Primal food: meat and veggies.

Best part about being Primal: meat and veggies.

Worst part about being Primal: No tofu, living in a very CW house.
    Last edited by phillyfarmgurl; 06-12-2014, 04:31 AM.
    Began Paleo journey 09/06/15
    Beginning weight: 236.5 pounds/ 41.8% bodyfat
    Current Weight: 228.3 pounds/34.1% bodyfat
    Goal weight: 150 pounds/ 15% bodyfat

"The path to a better life begins with a single step."

Comment

• Hello, all... I've been following the Primal Blueprint conscientiously for six months now, but this is my first time on the Mark's Daily Apple web site.

Bill-2-sm2.jpg

Your location: Port Angeles, WA

Age (If you want): 69

How Primal are you: As primal as I can get

Do you consume dairy: Yes, in limited amounts. Usually only heavy whipping cream in coffee and on fresh fruit

Do you drink coffee or tea: Two mugs of coffee in the morning. Iced tea throughout the day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being overweight and feeling run down

Favorite exercise: Exercise bike (40 minutes a day) and elliptical trainer (40 minutes a day)

Favorite Primal food: Beef

Best part about being Primal: I like the foods I can eat, and I feel better than I have in years

Worst part about being Primal: No ice cream!

Comment

• Hello!

Your location: Czech republic

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: As this is my 5th day of eating primal, I donīt know yet - I guess there will be occasionally some cream and wine in my diet but I hope to stick to primal as close as possible. Iīm working on the others aspects of the lifestyle - right now Iīm excited to start studying when standing or in any other position than sitting.

Do you consume dairy: not in last 5 days

Do you drink coffee or tea: yeah, a plenty of both - itīs examination time at my uni ...

Motivator for switching to Primal: Iīm (no, I was) a sugar addict - every day, I ate plenty of chocolate and sweets (usually about 2 bars of chocolate and a lot of ice cream a day), Iīd like to feel good about my body (I moved quite a lot but because of my eating habits my figure and my fitness level werenīt as good as I wanted it) and stop overeating - simply I want to feel my body needs and understand it. And start living because it feels like I was avoiding life, just eating and watching tv-shows instead.

Favorite exercise: aikido right now

Favorite Primal food: I had salmon with vegetables this weekend and it made me feel so good and happy for no reason - any other food didnīt do this for years

Best part about being Primal: ...

Worst part about being Primal: no chocolate :'(

Comment

• Your location: VA, USA

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: NEW

Do you consume dairy: YES, yogurt almost daily, going to try without

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, coffee daily, going black or without

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss

Favorite exercise: cross-training

Favorite Primal food: meat, fruit

Best part about being Primal: no counting calories

Worst part about being Primal: riding dairy, i eat yogurt for breakfast daily so will have a hard time with breakfast foods, not a big breakfast person and yogurt is light and easy and settles well, especially before working out.

Comment

• Hi, my name is John and I'm an alcohol.... Oops, wrong forum

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Been at it for about 6 weeks 80/20

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: several cups of fresh ground black coffee every morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: wanting to get fit again

Favorite exercise: dead lifts

Favorite Primal food: USDA Prime Ribeye

Best part about being Primal: see above

Worst part about being Primal: bread, I freggin love bread, it's been a hard sacrifice but I'm sticking to it

Comment

• Your location: Florida

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: just started. Did the HCG Diet, lost 37 pounds in 60 days. HCG Diet has the same elements as Paleo, and now I am used already to the non-processed foods, no sugar, etc.

Do you consume dairy: very little, only parmesan cheese this week. I will quit eventually. No big deal. This is/was my weakness.

Do you drink coffee or tea: very little black coffee, no sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: i want to be healthier. I was overweight and I don't want to be there again.

Favorite exercise: spinning, dirt road cycling.

Favorite Primal food: tenderloin, lobster, salmon, prime rib, tuna, shrimps.

Best part about being Primal: love the fact that I can eat animal protein in moderation.

Worst part about being Primal: some cheeses are/were my weakness. Eating out could be an issue.

Comment

• Your location: Austin, TX

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: not very, but do not consume very much grain due to discomfort when I do.

Do you consume dairy: lactose reduced milk occasionally, and kefir occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, daily

Motivator for switching to Primal: I haven't been completely convinced so will experiment.

Favorite exercise: BBS (leg press)

Favorite Primal food: grass fed, grass finished beef liver

Best part about being Primal: TBD

Worst part about being Primal:

Comment

• Your location: Virginia

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: more than I probably give myself credit for

Do you consume dairy: raw cheeses

Do you drink coffee or tea: grossssss

Motivator for switching to Primal: look better and feel better

Favorite exercise: none? But I do what I have to do.

Favorite Primal food: bacon and eggs and vegetables

Best part about being Primal: the change it has made in my body

Worst part about being Primal: my wife not changing the way she eats.

Comment

• Hi, glad to be here.

Your location: Maine

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Just starting out, so hopefully, more and more primal as I go.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but am going to make sure I'm getting local and raw if possible

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, but planning on cutting out coffee at some point

Motivator for switching to Primal: Hitting 200lbs. I've been here for a few months and it's just not okay. I'm out of shape and don't feel great very often. I have high blood pressure and aches and pains. I researched veganism and vegetarianism and thought I'd go that way because I am such a bleeding heart, but kept feeling like we should be able to what our bodies need for foods, and I kept finding more and more things ways that a vegan and vegetarian diet was deficient. This makes sense, right down to the fact that sleep, exercise, and every component of life is tied into it.

Favorite exercise: Hiking, especially in the fall and spring, when Maine is most beautiful.

Favorite Primal food: Well, since I'm new, it's hard to answer, but I'd probably say eggs for now.

Best part about being Primal: Again, hard to answer, but I think it will be how it makes me feel- I've read so many stories of people actually having energy and feeling good.

Worst part about being Primal: It's going to be hard not relying on pasta and flour when I cook- I feed my daughter, husband, sister, and brother-in-law and I feel like starches are the glue that hold our meals together. It's going to be tough to learn how to put together a meal without them.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: The outskirts of Detroit.

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Diet: 80% The rest: 50%

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: A lack of success in trying to retain/build muscle while losing body fat. Also, carrying around 240 pounds of powerlifter bulk probably isn't healthy in the long term.

Favorite exercise: Bench press, sprints, long walks.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon. Bacon. Bacon.

Best part about being Primal: Amazing results, good food, less stress.

Worst part about being Primal: Seeming like a smug a-hole when I don't accept your donuts.

Comment

• I might as well start here!

Your location:
                        Juneau, Alaska.

Age (If you want):
                        Twenty six.

How Primal are you:
                        Primarily primal. I wrestle with the free sweets constantly available at work, but I have little trouble staying primal at home or when out.

Do you consume dairy:
                        No, but that's because I'm allergic to a naturally occurring bovine hormone. If I could I'd gladly consume grass fed dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
                        I drink tea once or twice a weak. I'm not a big fan of caffeine...

Motivator for switching to Primal:
                        I'm a scientifically minded fella in some respects, so I spent years looking through non-fad diets to see what information about diet and nutrition is true. Eventually this lad me to the Primal idea, and I've been at it, more or less, for a year and a half.

Favorite exercise:
                        Handstand push-ups! Flags when I get there, I'm sure.

Favorite Primal food:
                        Pan seared buffalo steak, with lots of fat.

Best part about being Primal:
                        Being healthy as I should be instead of trying to be healthy as false science says I should be.

Worst part about being Primal:
                        The difficulty in spreading the good news...

Comment

• Your location: Texas

Age (If you want): 56

How Primal are you: Newbie...want to start on Monday

Do you consume dairy: Yes... I like milk (crazy at my age), cheese etc.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have tried almost every diet out there and it has made me obese! Need a new approach

Favorite exercise: Weight training at health club. Like to beat up machines LOL

Favorite Primal food: Steak definitely

Best part about being Primal: Dunno yet...time will tell

Worst part about being Primal: Getting used to a totally new way of eating

Comment

• Your location: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: Just starting to figure that out!

Do you consume dairy: Try not to.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Lots of herbal tea!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Constipation, tiredness, sick of binging on carbs. It just seems like the right thing to do!

Favorite exercise: Biking.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs.

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet!

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure yet!

Comment

• Your location: A very small town in rural Australia, not far from the outback.

Age (If you want): 50 in September.

How Primal are you: First day today although I had cut sugar and grain down already. Now to eliminate it entirely.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I am a mad cappuccino addict so that will come later down the line.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Try to limit coffees to 2 per day. Drink regular and green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Peri-menopausal moodiness, weight gain, feeling like crap and health issues.

Favorite exercise: Walking and weights.

Favorite Primal food: Meat of just about any kind.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great when I eat well.

Worst part about being Primal: NO TOAST! I love and crave crunchy carbs.

Comment

• Your location: Massachusetts, U.S.

Age (If you want): 18

How Primal are you: Not very primal yet, working on making a lot of adjustments in order to become completely primal!

Do you consume dairy: yes, lots of milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: not usually, occasional cup of tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: lots of health problems including recurring injuries, muscular imbalances due to sitting too much , acne, poor immune system, etc. and a strong interest in barefooting

Favorite exercise: sprinting--i love speed!

Favorite Primal food: probably steak, or maybe eggs

Best part about being Primal: a healthy feeling constantly flowing through my body--one of accomplishment, change and overall health

Worst part about being Primal: limitations and difficulty sticking to the plan when out with friends and at parties and such

Comment

Working...
                                X