X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Questions:

Your location: The exciting world of Kansas

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Pretty primal right now. I'd been stalking the forum for months, but just made the switch this week. I will be having one cheat day a week, but that will probably disappear eventually. It just makes me feel like I am not really restricted.

Do you consume dairy: I do. Primarily butter and cheese. Some cream. I took it out to go vegan before, and I didn't see a difference, so I think I tolerate it okay. I tend to stick to as high quality sources as I can afford. Get cream from a local farm.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. I do Bulletproof coffee sometimes, but usually I can get by without coffee. I loooove my tea though. Right now I'm stuck on almond roobios, green, and dandelion root.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have chronic joint and bone pain that I have had for five years. I have to try something new. I hope this works. And I really need to lose some weight.

Favorite exercise: Swimming!

Favorite Primal food: Right now I'm re-addicted to bacon. I hadn't had it in months. Also, looove avocados and brazil nuts (just a handful a day)

Best part about being Primal: Loving high fat. I have more energy than I've had in weeks. That's partly due to a short fast that brought my joint and bone symptoms down.

Worst part about being Primal: Cravings. They aren't bad. They are really manageable compared to other diets I've tried. That's why I've got my cheat day once a week for now. I can put food down because I know I could eat it in a few days if I really wanted it.

Comment

• Your location: The exciting world of Kansas

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: totalt primal one month now beginning to take some wildrice sweet potatis to make excercis.

Do you consume dairy: I do..

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee with some cream ore milk. (:

Motivator for switching to Primal: high level energy, happyness,

Favorite exercise: running with some strength as a ending.

Favorite Primal food: omelett

Favorite part about being Primal: love The holistic approach Mark S have. Sleeping after lunch maybe. (:

Worst part about being Primal: less energy to train if i dont eat my banana..

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• (Stockholm is The location)

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• I started keeping my journal but never got around to introducing myself, so here goes!

Your location: The Mojave Desert

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: 80/20

Do you consume dairy: Yes - butter, cream, and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee with cream, black tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of eating almost nothing and being hungry all the time, but not losing weight.

Favorite exercise: Walking, yard work

Favorite Primal food: omelet

Favorite part about being Primal: Not being hungry all the time!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to find something to eat in a fast food restaurant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Your location: Frankford, Ontario Canada

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: 100% (currently doing the whole30!)

Do you consume dairy: Yes - butter, cream, and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, if I do its decaf/herbal

Motivator for switching to Primal: Loose weight, gain energy (my sister in law is paleo and has been a great support and guide for me)

Favorite exercise: Walking, dancing, playing

Favorite Primal food: Meat! There is nothing like a BBQ'd steak

Favorite part about being Primal: Having energy, sleeping better and loosing weight!

Worst part about being Primal: Peer pressure, odd glances, and standing up to CW

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location:NY

Age (If you want):41

How Primal are you:Not sure, new at this, but I'm going to say mostly at this moment

Do you consume dairy:yes, butter and half and half in coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee, one maybe 2 a day

Motivator for switching to Primal:tired of being tired! and overweight even with rigorous exercise and countless "diet programs"

Favorite exercise:yoga

Favorite Primal food: hmmmm.....i can eat bacon!!!!

Best part about being Primal:so far the fact that i can eat regular fat food instead of low fat and fat free....

Worst part about being Primal:kicking the chocolate

Comment

• Location - UK

Age - 33

How primal are you? - I've been primal for almost two months now. Unfortunately I discovered primal nutrition a little bit late... I stopped consuming grains so I guess that makes me fairly primal.

Do you consume dairy? - Yes in moderation.

Don't you drink coffee or tea? - Yes I drink both organic coffee and herbal tea.

Motivator for switching to primal - Since I've been an athlete all my life, my diet was based mostly on carbs.
                I always had digestion problems and I was feeling bloated after consuming grains so I started to decrease grains consumption. The more I decreased grains consumption the better I felt so I came to a point where I decided to remove entirely grains and wheat from my diet.

Favourite exercise - Motocross, Mountain biking, Barefoot running/Walking/Hiking

Favourite primal food - Grass fed beef steak, Lamb chops.

Best part about being primal - The unique feeling that you have when you see the results of eating primal.

Worst part of being primal - Dealing with people who are consuming insane quantities of carbs and junk food while they are trying to convince me that this is what we were designed to eat...

Comment

• Your location: Southern California

Age (If you want):42

How Primal are you:75% (i don't eat red meat, so i sub fish and eggs, i have rice occasionally, and i occasionally put natrual pb on a piece of dark chocolate)

Do you consume dairy:greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea:green tea every day!

Motivator for switching to Primal:celiac disease

Favorite exercise:strength training, swimming, yoga

Favorite Primal food:fish

Best part about being Primal:staying healthy

Worst part about being Primal:red meat

Comment

• I guess this really should have been my first post, but hey ... I had to jump in on another thread first. I'm not a fan of the meet and greet because I'm terrible at introductions, but I'm going to try!

The Questions:

Your location: US

How Primal are you: pretty good - NEVER any wheat/gluten, almost always cooking, and currently working on upping meat quality and diversity

Do you consume dairy: I love cheese like you wouldn't believe and I think Kerrygold is a food group I'm also trying out making my own kefir

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, but I LOVE coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: figuring out I was allergic to wheat while low-carbing (and subsequently getting off the processed-food wagon)

Favorite exercise: swimming - all the work, none of the sweaty feeling!

Favorite Primal food: MEAT - ribeyes, pulled pork, venison, bacon ... I might just be carnivorous! I do love a lot of veggies as well, and I'm always trying new things.

Best part about being Primal: escaping eczema, carpal tunnel, joint pain, and brain fog from SAD

Worst part about being Primal: being "the complicated one" when eating out (oh you're allergic to wheat? that's ok - this is WHITE bread! *sigh*)

I've been progressing towards an optimal diet for the past few years. Started out with just minimizing "white" foods (flour, sugar, potatoes, rice, etc), then turned low-carb with little regard for food quality. During this time I realized I'm either truly allergic or highly sensitive to wheat, which led me to find Paleo Solution, Primal Blueprint, and Wheat Belly ... but I stayed low-carb and possibly went even more low carb in fear of all the sweet potato and squash recipes that look so good. I've been lurking in the forums for at least a year reading avidly, and I'm now trying to break the carb fear and include a wider variety of vegetables and maybe even {gasp} some fruit to see how it affects me.

Comment

• I tripped over MDA by following threads from Wheat Free sites. Have been grain free, LCHF for 5 months. All of you at MDA have been encouraging me to add a little exercise into my life. Thank you for letting me tag along.
                      C Dee

Comment

• I am 44 and live in Marshall, WI, just east of Madison where I work...Go Badgers!

How Primal are you: I am getting there, not sure ...I am coming off of a life filled with all of the bad things (fake 'foods', too much alcohol, soda, few meats of any kind except for burgers)...It's been 2-1/2 weeks since having caffeine, hfcs, wheat products of any kind, cheese or dairy. I have eaten more red meat and eggs as well and have worked out by running, never skipping more than a day at a time. Alcohol has been moderate, and when I do it has been gf apple cider and not the usual beer as in the past.

Do you consume dairy: Not for the last 2.5 weeks except for ghee! I cut out milk a year ago.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanting to eat more naturally, get rid of the cycle of putting chemicals in my body, which has helped with my sleep and energy levels

Favorite exercise: Right now I am only running. My season of coaching my daughter's soccer team just ended...so I am planning on beginning some strength training soon

Favorite Primal food: Ribeye steak for sure

Best part about being Primal: The energy and better sleep. For me the cost of eating better is balanced out by my savings on the beer and junk food money I had been spending.

Worst part about being Primal: I am sitting at work and need to find a paleo place to pick up lunch...I guess the rest so far hasn't been so bed...but planning for situations where there is access to natural food is going to be an issue I will have to try to deal with.
                        Last edited by PaleoJerry; 06-05-2014, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Here we go!

Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Just starting. I don't have proper equipment or footwear (I know that sounds odd, but it's true), but I have started home bodyweight exercises and eating primal

Do you consume dairy: Not at the moment, but I won't say no.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea occasionally.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Because I'm fat, haha. And because I truly want to and deserve to have a long, healthy life.

Favorite exercise: It has always been swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Avocado anything... I LOVE avocados.

Best part about being Primal: I have yet to discover this I'm sure, but so far just the excitement and buzz of the entire community and the positive nature of all people who are primal that I have met or conversed with.

Worst part about being Primal: Not finding out sooner...

Cheers,
                          - Jim
                          Last edited by Jimmus Prime; 06-09-2014, 05:08 PM.
                          Please feel free to follow my journal, unless you're seeing this link IN my journal... That's quite the paradox! I promise to keep my content up to date, honest, and hopefully mildly entertaining.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107788.html

Comment

• Tulsa, OK
                            Just started officially but fairly primal already, hate grains and always have
                            some dairy, but nit much,,,ice cream is my down fall...love/hate relationship with it
                            both
                            Terrible health issues, reflux, asthma, fat..unhealthy and just generally feel like crap.
                            plyometrics
                            MEAT
                            finally found a term for what I have believed my whole life, but got caught up in all the societal belief system and conformed
                            TRAVEL 5 days a week..this is going to be tough

Comment

• Your location: rural Wisconsin

How Primal are you: Mostly, I guess, for diet, tho I'm just starting out (Day #2); otherwise, I still have a long way to go

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: No, water only

Motivator for switching to Primal: LADA (latent autoimmune diabetes in the adult)

Favorite exercise: None

Favorite Primal food: I'm not sure yet.

Best part about being Primal: My blood sugar was 117 this morning, after my first day of eating Primal.

Worst part about being Primal: I think I will miss bread the most...I've handmade a lot of bread over the years, and I will miss that process AND the taste of warm bread out of the oven dripping with butter.
                              Last edited by ElenTikvah; 06-06-2014, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Your location: St. Paul, MN

How Primal are you: I've been gluten-free for three months but just started a Paleo diet a week ago. The plan is to be pretty strict (95% or more Paleo) this month then ease up just a bit next month.

Do you consume dairy: Not this month, but I do plan to reintroduce butter, full-fat plain yogurt, and small amounts of cheese if I can handle them. Coconut oil gives me heartburn, so I think I'm going to have to replace it with butter or ghee in recipes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee most days of the week. I was really excited to find a Paleo coffee creamer recipe yesterday. :-)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm tired of feeling lousy every day. I have terrible sinus issues, a persistent cough that is supposedly from acid reflux, and frequent headaches and leg aches and pains. I'm still too young to feel this way.

Favorite exercise: Walking on the treadmill and figure skating (every once in a while; I used to compete but now my two kids leave me no time!)

Favorite Primal food: I'm not sure yet.

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet. I guess the fact that I feel good about taking control over my health. Doctors have only made me worse in the past couple years.

Worst part about being Primal: The amount of planning and preparation required. And the fact that it is so difficult to go out to eat or go to a friend's house without worrying about what the heck I'm going to eat.

Comment

Working...
                                X