X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Questions:

Your location: San Diego, CA

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: I've been gluten/soy/dairy free for a few months and now I'm going paleo (auto-immune diet)

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaf coffee with almond milk and coconut oil

Motivator for switching to Primal: auto-immune disorder and possible/likely "leaky gut"

Favorite exercise: running and pilates. Not sure if I'll ever be into heavy lifting, but I do lift weights and do lots of ab work as well. Interested in ideas on how to incorporate some more body weight exercises and weight lifting slowly...

Favorite Primal food: avocado and most meats - mixed greens and kale

Best part about being Primal: hoping to see more weight loss results and an improved digestive system. If my Hashimoto's hypothyroid symptoms improve that'd be awesome too.

Worst part about being Primal: I think I'll have trouble giving up legumes (I love hummus and black beans). I will miss quinoa and rice cakes. I may miss having a drink after work, but giving up alcohol is do-able. How many of you have given it up completely?

Heather D.

Comment

• I'm Beth 249. The 249 has no meaning, a random number attached to my name by another site long ago.
      Your location:I live just outside of NYC... 15 minutes north of midtown, in a log home on a trout stream, surrounded by forest.

How Primal are you:I've been dancing around the primal lifestyle for a year or so. Primal for a day, a week, two weeks, and then not.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. The dairy issue confuses me. I feel so much better if I let myself have a whole milk yogurt during the day, but cheeses make me feel sluggish.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee in the morning, tea in the evening.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Besides the fact that over the last few years I've gained weight and lost health.... but I suppose that's the reason for any diet/eating plan. This one makes sense to me on a primal level. It calls to me. The why for now is that I am having a knee replacement in 6 weeks and want to be stronger for it that I am now.

Favorite exercise:I don't have a favorite anything, the world overflows with variety, but the exercises I most frequently do are: hiking, biking, strength training, yoga
      Last edited by Beth249; 05-18-2014, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Hello, loooong time lurker - like, years. Ready to go public.

Your location: Just outside of Seattle, WA

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you: Probably 70% at this point

Do you consume dairy: full fat yogurt, but looking to wean off

Do you drink coffee or tea: black coffee, mostly decaf

Motivator for switching to Primal: the mid-life weight creep (more like avalanche)

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: Steak, duh

Best part about being Primal: no more blood sugar crashes

Worst part about being Primal: no more cookies!!!
        "I don't want to die without any scars."
        Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...33991-sharonss

Comment

• Hullo!

Your location: San Diego, CA

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: For the past couple of months I've been attempting to cut all processed foods out of my diet with limited success. Sometimes I'll go a week or two of only eating natural, whole foods, other times I'll have a couple of days or a full week of eating junk food at every meal. I'm really struggling with controlling myself.

Do you consume dairy: yes, though I've greatly reduced it in the past couple of months

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, black, around 3 or 4 times a week

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am very overweight and out of shape. I want to lose weight, improve my fitness and take care of mild cases of rosacea and IBS

Favorite exercise
          : I like cycling, hiking and Yoga. I hate aerobics classes and the gym in general.

Favorite Primal food: Coconut oil, it's awesome for cooking and for making salad dressing! Also, chicken wings in all their incantations.

Best part about being Primal: good, solid, health.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm an utter junk food junkie that seriously lacks self control, so Primal is REALLY hard for me to stick to on a consistent basis. :-( I often eat emotionally so when I'm stressed out, angry or sad that's when I crave junk foods the most. It's unfortunately also when I'm most likely to give in and chow down on a california burrito or a slice of cheesecake...
          Last edited by Tesee; 05-20-2014, 06:09 PM.

Comment

How Primal are you?: I started a whole30 on May 6, 2014 and only had wine twice.

Do you consume dairy?: only have had ghee

Do you drink coffee or tea?: yes coffee in the morning

Motivator for going primal: digestive issues

Favorite exercise: walking, yoga

Favorite primal food: eggs

Best part of being primal: do not have sugar spikes and hunger

Worst part: cost of food

Would love to meet more people in my area

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Primal for 2 months!

Your location: Salem, NH

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I suffered from terrible mind fog for 1.5 years until I went paleo. My PCP and neurologist could not figure out what was causing it, other than low vitamin D and B12 levels. Tested negative for everything including celiac. Finally decided it must be something I am doing. So I changed my lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: snowboarding!

Favorite Primal food: steamed broccoli with fresh minced garlic

Best part about being Primal: losing fat and feeling great mentally

Worst part about being Primal: I love Pizza, beer and breaded boneless buffalo chicken.. ugh.

Comment

• Best part about currently being Primal: Once you ceased having all the refined all kinds of sugar and also stuff within ready-made food, you probably be able to value this tastes of true food!

Comment

• Hello Everyone! I'm brand new to this site and have been Paleo/Primal for the past couple of weeks and very happy!

Your location: United Kingdom

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: 100% at the moment, fingers crossed I stick to it

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, I have ME/CFS and this diet has been recommended to me, as I'm certain my body doesn't respond well to at least gluten and definitely something else that was in my diet.

Favorite exercise: Stationary Bike and Kettlebells

Favorite Primal food: Lamb

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better :-)

Worst part about being Primal: Social situations

Comment

• Your location: Cincinnati, OH

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: about 75%, just started about 6 weeks ago

Do you consume dairy: yes, but need to stop consuming milk & cheese as I suspect they also cause my breakouts, LOVE having butter back in my diet, tho

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both, but have dramatically cut back on coffee in the last year for sleep reasons & only drink tea occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: joint pain, bad skin, bad mood/occasional depression, weight loss issues

Favorite exercise:kayaking & backpacking, but on a daily basis I struggle with being consistent

Favorite Primal food:Steak! Eggs! (I can't decide which)

Best part about being Primal: After cutting out wheat completely for only 3 weeks I found that my allergies to certain metals subsided. I have not been able to wear sterling silver earrings for more than 3-4 hours since I was in jr high, I can now wear them all day. I almost cried when I discovered this, not expecting it and then having it happen was truly a pleasant shock. On the flip side, I realized what it meant, that my body has been in chaos for a very long time:/

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining to everyone all the time that I do not eat wheat, hydrogenated oils and am trying to cut back on dairy products. I get the typically "science does not back that up." Well, my body does - that is good enough for me!

Really looking forward to reaching a 100% primal lifestyle and reaping all of its benefits. I am currently into my first week of going alcohol free for awhile. I have already noticed a sleep differnce - something I have struggled with for a very long time.

I know this will take some time to get used to and perfect. Looking forward to the future conversations with others on here.

Comment

• Hi! I'm just starting a Primal diet. I've dropped grains & legumes, but still do some dairy. I do drink coffee. I'm finding it hard to eliminate artificial sweeteners. Yes, I know artificial anything is bad! I'm taking Damage Control Master Formula & Omega supplements, as well as D3. I hope to meet some friends here!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• I'm new to this website. I've been trying to convert to paleo for several months but having trouble detoxing from sugar, dairy and gluten. I ordered Primal Fuel and when I received it I was very disappointed to find it contains a hidden sugar: maltodextrin.

Your location: Las Vegas, NV

Age (If you want): 66

How Primal are you: just starting

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: improved health, weight loss, relieve symptoms from fibromyalgia

Favorite exercise: walking, stationary bicycle

Favorite Primal food: salad with grilled chicken and Tessamae's Balsalmic dressing

Best part about being Primal: I feel better

Worst part about being Primal: sugar, gluten and dairy detox

Comment

• Hello and welcome from a fellow Seattle area n00b. Have you checked meetup for primal groups?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                          "I don't want to die without any scars."
                          Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...33991-sharonss

Comment

• Thanks for responding. Where do I find Meetup?

Comment

• I haven't found a primal group in the Seattle area. I would love suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Your location: Las Vegas, NV

Age (If you want): 55, male

How Primal are you: Very, but doesn't count - just started 23 May 2014

Do you consume dairy: Can't give up cheese, but will try for a couple of weeks.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Diet sodas are my big downfall. Hopefully, as my energy levels increase, I'll feel less need.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Body weight, enlarged torso - from grains?

Favorite exercise: 12-ounce curls while watching computer/television.

Favorite Primal food: Meat!

Best part about being Primal: Eating (lots of) meat!

Worst part about being Primal: Having to read labels and put stuff back on shelf.

As I said above, I've just started the process, on third day now. I really need to find good carry options for lunch at work (we have a cafeteria, but you know how that goes...) and afternoon snacks.
                                I work 4 10-hour days, plus - long stretches of time sitting around waiting for stuff to break, and lots of mandatory travel. Always tired, trying to compensate with caffeine (diet sodas) which stress the nerves.
                                Last edited by Trelligan; 05-25-2014, 11:53 AM. Reason: Add gender

Comment

Working...
                                X