• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to meet you all!

Primal since: March 2014

Dairy: A little

Coffee: A little more

Exercise: A couple of GRIT classes each week

Favourite food: Coconut oil and butter - I put these in and on everything!

What I miss: Nothing! There's no food that tastes better than how good I feel

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hey guys! My name is Aliya

Your location: I live in the United States.

Age (If you want): I am 19 years old.

How Primal are you: 90% (college makes it difficult occasionally).

Do you consume dairy: Yes - I never had any averse reactions to it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Already get those headaches if I don't get a daily dose of caffeine in

Motivator for switching to Primal: Vanity.

Favorite exercise: Punching bag.

Favorite Primal food: Pork sausage, steak.

Best part about being Primal: I am never hungry! I also sleep better and focus more.

Worst part about being Primal: Hard to find primal food all the time in college.

Comment

• Hey everyone! I'm new here, and I see you do these QaA thing. So, I guess it's my turn

Your location: I live the city of Belgrade, Serbia. Please, it's not Siberia, Russia It's... or it will be... one day... a part of Western Europe. I guess you can say it's close to Slovakia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Macedonia. Maybe that rings a bell

Age (If you want): I am 22 years old.

How Primal are you: I'm not sure i can really answer this one... I've started only today (after a whole night reading and researching here on MDA). But I think it will be a bit problematic for me, cause my family isn't really into this Let's Get Primal thing But this time, I've decided, I have to do something... One of the reasons I decided to join the Forum, though I didn't want to, at first...

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but rarely, actually...

Do you drink coffee or tea: I like Nescafe, but I rarely drink it. Only when I've got a LOT to study for exams and I have to stay focused through 6-7 hours of studying. So, once in a while, I guess.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Vanity. <<< Same here xD At first I was a bit ashamed of that, but now... damnit, I wanna look hot I don't wanna feel bad about it! And I'm supposed to be some kind of athlete here (Irish dancing is more of a sport rather than a dance, really), and yet, I have backache, I could use more energy during the day and I want my muscles to be visible!

Favorite exercise: Squats and Planks ^^ I started doing them regularly on my Irish dancing trainings, so doing them won't be that tough for me, I hope.

Favorite Primal food: Meat and veggies

Best part about being Primal: Since I've only started today... Well, if I can put it that way, I feel different than other people now. As if I know some big secret they don't. And the other best thing is that, this time, I'm more determined. I like this feeling of motivation. I usually have problem with it -.- It doesn't last long -.-

Worst part about being Primal: Waiting for results. Cause I want it all now, this instant.I have to learn to be patient. Hahahah maybe that will be another good part about being Primal

Comment

• Sine I'm new here, I decided to start at the most obvious place and complete the 'obligatory forum introduce yourself' section. With the hundreds (thousands?) of people on here I guess I will just be another name on the long list but hopefully I might make a few friends to help me have a better change of success!

My location is Manchester, England.

My age is 34 (35 in August - not sure how that happened!)

How primal are you? Well, not very actually. I've been trying to do a low carb, high fat diet and had some success with that (though 6 weeks in I am struggling to keep on track right now!). I've been reading 'The Primal Blueprint', which I came across while reading more about the LCHF diet and so have been interested to find out more, which led me here!

Do you consume dairy? Yes, I do. But I generally (when on plan with LCHF) only have cream, butter and total Greek yogurt. No other dairy.

Do you drink tea or coffee? I have a coffee with cream for breakfast most, if not all mornings. I rarely drink tea. I do sometimes have herbal tea. But only every so often. I drink lots of water through the day so I don't usually have anything else. And as a treat I sometimes have chocolate coconut milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm 34 and have been overweight or obese since I was about 7 years old. I'm tired of feeling tired. I'm sick of getting out of breath walking up stairs (I have asthma) and I'm sick of my awful skin (I have eczema quite bad on my arms, hands and now my face and neck). I'd like to be a mum in the next few years and want to be healthy and happy and to be a good role model for my children. I have a boyfriend (who I hope will one day in the not too distant future will become my husband) who is a triathlete and ironman and would like to be able to keep up with him a bit more, like being able to go for bike rides etc. And I want him to have a beautiful,healthy girlfriend who he might want to make his beautiful, healthy wife! And more than anything I want to wake up feeling full of energy and vitality and health. I don't want to be thin, i just want to be healthy.

Favourite exercise: I live circuit training and resistance training (but can't really do either right now as my fitness levels and asthma etc are really holding me back). I actually lost 5 stone (70lb) and complete a sprint triathlon 18 months ago, but have out the weight back on and my fitness levels are worse than ever. But I used to love the circuits and body pump classes when I was doing well.

That's me in a little eggshell

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Your location: North Georgia

Age (If you want): 45 and frankly, kind of proud of it

How Primal are you: Very. Paleo-esque for several years before doing a whole 30 in feb of 2014. Successfully completed the whole 30 and am mostly sticking to it since then. Only added back some beans for RS and a little bit of cream in my morning tea.

Do you consume dairy: Not really. Just a little cream in my tea.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Better than the diet cokes I was drinking!

Motivator for switching to Primal: To support husband as he tried to use improved diet to get off auto-immune drugs (and has been since christmas Yay!) But am sticking to it because I feel SOO much better when eating clean. I have a very busy (physically and mentally) lifestyle and eating clean is the only way I have found to be able to get everything done in a day that I want. Plus it helps me weigh what I did in high school, even though I'm 45.

Favorite exercise: Taking a walk through my pastures to count my cows. Pilates.

Favorite Primal food: Grassfed filet. Truly happy meat!

Best part about being Primal: Eating awesome food especially the fat from grassfed beef.

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure there is a worst part. I used to think it was all the cooking, but now I enjoy it. Maybe the worst part is doing cook ups on sunday and having to run the dish washer several times that day. But on the other hand, we have plenty of awesome food to eat the rest of the week!

Comment

• Your location: Dallas

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: Fairly primal

Do you consume dairy: Yes sometimes, cheese, yoghurt, butter and full fat cream.
              Being Dutch I am hoping I have the right genes, I may decide to see what happens if I cut them out later.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
              Green tea, herbal tea, occasionally Earl grey. Never liked coffee. Never liked alcohol and don't like soda's either.
              I do like chocolate though. especially good quality dark chocolate.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health issues. Colitis Ulcerosa, CFS, Cadidiasis, no gutflora, bad pain in joints, pain in muscles.
              And loosing weight. I have been eating about 1000 calories a day and getting fatter. I think the failure of ''calorie in, calorie out'' has been proven.
              I have been researching about proper diet for myself for years now, and the primal diet seemed to me an excellent and easy way to incorporate the results of Weston A. Price's research which was a big eye opener to me, into modern urban life.

Favorite exercise: Horse riding, walking, running, going to the gym, and bicycling. Although being Dutch I never cycled for ''sport'', I just cycle to get where I want to be. I really miss that here.

Favorite Primal food: Everything....

Best part about being Primal: The philosophy behind it, not just the food, but the taking rest and fun, is very good for me.

Worst part about being Primal: The love of my life is firmly CW, ''calorie in, calorie out, and thinks I am nuts. He is anti-''organic'' and thinks it's a ruse.

Comment

• Hi!

I've been trying at primal for a year now. Recently decided to actually be serious. Low carb was always an easy way for me to drop a few pounds. That encouraged me then I would slip back into eating everything. Now I can't lose to save my neck.

After reading how easy and successful it is or should be to do a "fat fast" or getting into Keto. I'm now doing that. Day 3. I should probably get some test strips.

So far I haven't lost any weight. Day 3 of fat fast. Day 15 of strictly eating real food during which I've increased my fat, decreased carbs (to under 35 as an attempt to lose) and increased protein while trying to be around 1500 calories. If course the numbers look different during my 5 day.

My biggest side effect is greasy hair! Is it possible that my increased use of coconut oil is doing this? It's only at the crown and nope, no headlice !

So it's not easy trying to get those numbers from the highest quality food! I'm going to keep on keeping on for 2 more days then ease back into more equal fat and protein while keeping carbs and calories in check. This weight has got to budge.

Any other suggestions? And the hair thing could just be a coincidence but I can't come up with any other explanations besides increased fat intake.

Well, nice to be here! So much good info and great writers too! I love the journals!

Deb

Comment

• Your location:Upstate NY

Age (If you want):22

How Primal are you: Pretty primal. Stick mostly with whole and primal foods but sometimes have oatmeal or rice.

Do you consume dairy: Rarely. On a splurge maybe.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Occasional green or black tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just to be healthier.

Favorite exercise: Pull up

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good about my health choices

Worst part about being Primal: No sandwiches...

Comment

• Your location: Plymouth Uk

Age 52

How primal are you : 99%

Do you consume diary: yes daily

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes tea 2 cups a day

Motivator for switching to primal: mainly to lose weight but also for health benefits, had my gall bladder removed 2014 so am looking for a lifestyle change.

Favourite exercise: anything that raises my heart rate although hate running

Favourite primal food: salmon and chicken

Best part about going primal: feel full after meals and not having cravings for sugar and carbs that I was expecting

Worst part about going primal: still very new to it and have actually gained weight over the last 3 weeks but think this may be building muscle as exercising a lot more

Comment

• Hello my name is Denise White, and I am from Lake Powell. I have been doing primal for quit a few years, not 100% I fall a lot. I fall for a number of reasons. My husband will not change up his way of eating so that is a big one for me, but I become more able to tell him to go pee up a rope when he tempting me with starches. I do ended up cooking things that I don't eat but that is ok, I just make the basic meal around what I am eating. I am really going to give this 100% for 100% of the time, for life. I do drink coffee in the morning and peppermint herbal tea through out the day. My coffee is organic along with all of my proteins well pretty much everything I consume is organic. I have started IF recently and am very excited with the results I am seeing. I am 44 and fell better then ever. I am going completely primal for weight loss and health. I love this site, I just wish I had enough time to read every word! I am a walker I walk about 5 miles a day with a weighted vest. I am going to start strength training soon.

Comment

• Hello all -

I am a 52 year old athlete. Running, adventure races, mountain bike racing , motocross racing, snowboarding comprise most of my competitive sporting activities. Sometime vet league soccer player, swimmer and wanna-be gymnast. Full time Dad to two athletic teens also.

Typical season includes 4-5 adventure races, several 5ks, 2-3 half marathons and whatever else comes my way. Throw in a few mountain bike races and motocross races and I am obligated to remain fit just to stay even.

I assist with training several up and coming national level athletes and generally torture my kids so they can be competitive as well.

I have preached functional strength and balance for many years.....never realizing that I would get old and it would allow me to continue to enjoy what I do.

Eating and lifestyle is generally primal and completely devoid of anything that resembles fast food. I do use gels, Clifbars and Cytomax.

Goal is simply to be competitive (age group or otherwise) in everything I do.

Comment

• Your location: CANADA

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: QUITE...EXCEPT WHEN I CHEAT~

Do you consume dairy: YES, CHEESE, SOUR CREAM, AND CREAM CHEESE

Do you drink coffee or tea: PALEO COFFEE....YUMMO~ HERBAL TEA AT NIGHT...

Motivator for switching to Primal: LEPTIN RESET; FOR MY EMOTIONS AND TO LOSE 1O POUNDS

Favorite exercise: WEIGHTS, SUP AND SPEED WALKING

Favorite Primal food: NUTS

Best part about being Primal: HOW I FEEL!!!!

Worst part about being Primal: NOT DRINKING AS MUCH WINE...LOL

Comment

• Your location: Huntington Beach

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: 99% for a week (current

Do you consume dairy: No (interested in the raw stuff)

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee 1 cup

Motivator for switching to Primal: general well being I've attempted to go this direction many times and only to fall off the wagon

Favorite exercise: anything

Favorite Primal food: as of right now anything

Best part about being Primal: the way I look and feel

Worst part about being Primal: don't know yet

Comment

• Your location: Columbus, Ohio

Age (If you want):24

How Primal are you: Primal throughout the work week, social alcohol and occasional oat slip up on the weekends! Trying to get better

Do you consume dairy: I'll have plain greek yogurt to make sauces or eat with frozen berries a few times a week.

Do you drink coffee or tea: At least two cups of coffee a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To feel and look better and hopefully solve some health problems.

Favorite exercise: Actually playing a sport or anything competitive

Favorite Primal food: Steak, Mahi, Almonds

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling as much fatigue and skin looking more fresh and less puffy

Worst part about being Primal: I sure do love a good piece of ciabatta

Comment

• Age (If you want):44

How Primal are you: almost 100% but its only been a few days!

Do you consume dairy:just organic butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I have the occasional cup of tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and weight issues. I have had RA since I was a kid but its been bad the past few years - trying to get off all the meds!

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: chicken

Best part about being Primal: how I feel! lots of energy, happy, not hungry all the time.

Worst part about being Primal: Snacks are a challenge as I cant eat nuts.
                                Ellie
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread106642.html

Comment

Working...
                                X