X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My location
    Kent, UK

How primal are you?
    Pretty primal, though haven't extended to clothing and medication (yet).

Do you consume dairy?
    No, but I miss cheese!

Do you drink coffee or tea?
    No, I disagree with caffeine and am excitable enough as it is.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Been on a gluten free diet for 7 years (I'm a coeliac) but packed on a stone in the last 2 years, so main reason is weight loss, did it before and lost a lb a day. Also interested by the concept and it makes me more creative in preparing meals.

Favorite exercise:
    Walking and 'fight club' which is a beat-box workout with pads & gloves. Dancing is the most fun.

Favorite primal food:
    It has to be bacon.

Best part about being primal:
    Losing weight, eating well and spreading the word.

Worst part about being primal:
    The tiredness in the first few weeks of the diet (where you're going through carb withdrawal) and the need to go shopping more often so there's enough fresh fruit & veg in the house all the time. Plus the frustration of all the crappy food which is advertised all the time to people and the feeling that they're all 'missing a trick'.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hi all! Just wanted to day hello. :-)

Your location: Danville, PA, USA
      Age (If you want): 30
      How Primal are you: Following the 80/20 rule
      Do you consume dairy: No milk, some cheese
      Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea every once in a while
      Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, example for kids
      Favorite exercise: Planks / hikes on our property
      Favorite Primal food: How about meal?... Grilled shishkabobs!
      Best part about being Primal: Energy / awesome mental focus / no more bags under my eyes!!!!!!!!! :-D
      Worst part about being Primal: Explaining eating habits to dinner guests / family, but my hubby and I have both lost weight since starting so I think what we're saying will sink in even more as the physical changes become more and more pronounced.

So, I've tried and failed to go primal several times, reason being there was always junk food in the house and the temptation was too great. Something changed for my husband a few weeks ago and he decided he was done with eating junk. We spent a weekend binging on alllllll the junk food we had in the house because we didn't want to throw it out, LOL, and the following Monday went primal full bore. I'm so glad my husband is finally on board! It's going great! We're eating right, doing the primal essential movements, and the changes are steady. :-D A few months ago I was really getting anxious about the lifestyle we were living, we're not perfect now... still need to fine tune some staple recipies and cut back on screen time after dark, but we're moving in the right direction. WOOO HOOO!

Comment

• Hi. Thanks for having me

Your location: Colorado Springs, CO (currently)... Originally from Santa Fe, NM

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: In 2013 I was about 80-90%. Fell off of it in the last three months... Now starting again! Day 2 woohoo!

Do you consume dairy: yes. Heavy cream, cheese, yogurt. No milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea? Yes. Decaf tea every morn

Motivator for switching to Primal: low glycemic keeps my hypoglycemia in check... It's the only way I lose weight!

Favorite exercise: dance. But since I don't do much of that anymore... Swimming, running, hiking, snowboarding.

Favorite Primal food: steak!

Best part about being Primal: how I feel and the feeling of confidence and control it gives me in my life.

Worst part about being Primal: judgement from those who are not primal... And difficulty feeling like I've "fallen off the wagon" when I rarely enjoy in grains (pizza, New Mexican chicken enchiladas).

Thanks for listening!
        -Renee

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Age (If you want): 63.5

How Primal are you: learning and converting

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: health and weight loss

Favorite exercise: dance, primarily Folk Dance

Favorite Primal food: meat!

Best part about being Primal: meat

Worst part about being Primal: the cost of GOOD meat

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Your location: Montgomery, AL

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Not at all yet. I'll start eating primally when I get paid at the end of the month. Primal exercise will follow soon afterwards.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not as of today.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. I've made a concerted effort to follow conventional wisdom health advice for the past four months. I've slowed my weight gain, but it is still climbing. I also reduced the hearburn, but it is still there. Plus my grandfather was a diabetic and had cancer and my dad is getting to diabetes fast. So I have decided to reverse the former trends and avoid, if at all possible, the latter.

Favorite exercise: Low-level = walking, intense = squats

Favorite Primal food: Steak and eggs

Best part about being Primal: I don't know yet, but I will soon find out.

Worst part about being Primal: I don't know this either. Nothing too bad, I hope.

Comment

• how to teak formula1 and formula 2? from Dr. schulze's?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Anonymous;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Jerusalem, Israel

Age (If you want):48

How Primal are you:Just starting out

Do you consume dairy:Yes, but that is the reason I have come onto the forum: feeling dairy might not be OK for me: I am blood type O and read that this may have something to do with blood type...? Thoughts ?

Do you drink coffee or tea:unsweetened cofee and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:cant shift the weight, foggy mind set that won't go away, not being myself for too long. (was real lean and thin as a girl/young woman)

Favorite exercise:yoga and walking. Hate running but want to be able to enjoy it.

Favorite Primal food:steak

Best part about being Primal:not having to worry about calories, relaxed and happy mind, not being so desperate for food all the time.

Worst part about being Primal:so far its OK

Nice to meet all of you and thank you for having me..!

Comment

• Hello,
                  I m new one in this forum.

Comment

• Hello Primal World

My name is Simon

Your location:

East Sussex in the UK

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

I think i'm steadily becoming more and more primal... I have the odd lapse back into bread world but I am finding with more regularity that it doesn't agree with me.. I can't say i'm obsessed with Grass Fed and organic meat as its too expensive for someone with a large family like mine to pull off completely. I must eat more fish though... It's not even a case of i don't like fish,I am not used to eating it, that is all...lol

Do you consume dairy:

I'm trying not to for the moment although I may reintroduce small amounts if I can justify it... I'm trying to find my own way still

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Green Tea and i'm in love with Bulletproof Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Weight Loss and Long Term Health

Favorite exercise:

I enjoy a Run as much as a swim as much as a good weights session

Favorite Primal food:

Lamb Burgers

Best part about being Primal:

Coconut Milk

Worst part about being Primal:

No Bread but I know its evil

Comment

• Your location:Northeast Ohio

Age (If you want):40

How Primal are you:As Primal as I can afford to be. Wish I could afford to always buy grass fed, pastured, raw, and organic, but I have a large family so we do the best we can. I do not eat any grains or legumes, have cut out all processed foods and really try to buy organic when we can.

Do you consume dairy: Some

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, decaf mostly. 1 cup of regular on Sunday.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Major stomach issues, diagnosed with 'IBS' thought about just going gluten free, then decided to just go full Primal. Major difference! No stomach issues since! Not looking back!

Favorite exercise: Hiking, body weight, yoga

Favorite Primal food: eggs, steak

Best part about being Primal: trying new recipes, feeling better

Worst part about being Primal: Having to constantly explain to people why I am eating this way, or why my kids do. UGH!!

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location:Massachusetts

Age (If you want):27

How Primal are you:Very, when I do it.

Do you consume dairy:Calcium in a tablet to help digest my vitamin D is as close as I come.

Do you drink coffee or tea:No, Tea once or twice a year if im sick. Cant take caffine.

Motivator for switching to Primal:I did it once before and the weight just fell off. my skin and eyes were clear. my mind was clear. the benefits were CLEAR! i should say i "stuck" with it once before. im giving it another go.

I'm all or nothing with anything I do. If I diet its easier to go 100% then just cutting back.

Favorite exercise:For Cardio- eliptical 35 minutes. Weight lifting- shoulders.

Favorite Primal food:chicken

Best part about being Primal:Feeling great and accomplished

Worst part about being Primal:Going out to eat

Comment

• Your location: Mexico City

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: No grains, just a little fruit, and lots of walks during the day, intermittent fasting, and since I'm recovering from my two arms fracture (olecranon and radius) can't lift heavy things for a while.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: no coffee, just tea without dairy and sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: health benefits, I want to look good naked, live longer

Favorite exercise: Squats

Favorite Primal food: Avocado.

Best part about being Primal: bacon, meat and fatty food, avocado.

Worst part about being Primal: when I try to explain why I do not eat carbs, skip meals, use a lot of fat, it sounds like I'm speaking another language.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hi I'm new. Last year I lost 40 pounds on Medifast and have gained 10 back
                            I have been looking at the forum and I receive marks blog updates. I actually like all of the food allowed! I also like to cook too. I think I can substitute for bread some way..I make the cauliflower pizza crusts and my hubby likes them too. I am just confused about exactly what and how much to keep track of on this plan??

Comment

• Your location: New South Wales, Australia

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Not very primal at all.

Do you consume dairy: Yes but I want to stop

Do you drink coffee or tea: no coffee, just tea without dairy and sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: mental health first and foremost. Then build muscle and gain weight.

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Avocado.

Best part about being Primal: I don't know. The success stories.

Worst part about being Primal: Declining free non-primal food

Comment

• Hi everyone. Today is my first day of going primal.
                                Im going to try the 21 day challenge and see how I feel. I already know where my problems will be as I love rice and potatoes and pasta. Also my family does not want to join me right now so there will be some temptations in the house. I am 44 and not what most call sedentary although I could move more than I do. I learned how to garden from my grandfather so there are always fresh veggies around. And I also know and eat many of the wild edibles in the area such as pokeweed.

Comment

Working...
                                X