This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all
    My name is Emily and i have recently started following the paleo diet.

Your location: Australia

How Primal are you:80/20 ?? I'm trying my best

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal:University research topic

Favorite exercise: Crossfit

Favorite Primal food: Lamb

Best part about being Primal: Energy levels

Worst part about being Primal: Dining out

Emily

Comment

• Your location: Minneapolis

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: Mostly

Do you consume dairy: sometimes, but I can skip it

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: to lose excess weight about 20lbs

Favorite exercise: cardio

Favorite Primal food: lean beef

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal: limiting sugars and carbs, esp from gluten

Comment

• Your location: Colorado, United States

How Primal are you: I'm on Day 19 of the Whole 30 -- sort of! I did have a few off-paleo moments while learning. Been in Ketosis for at least 2 weeks.

I do not eat: Soy, Beans, Rice, Grains, Processed foods. After whole 30 I will try reintroducing Dairy (however I'm currently using butter)

Do you consume dairy: Only butter right now. Possibly cream after Whole 30

Do you drink coffee or tea: COFFEE!!! YES! Tea on occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was tired of being a slave to gluten and processed foods. Had to do something "extreme" to break away. I'd heard enough about Paleo that it made sense to me.

Favorite exercise: Walking & lifting weights, density & playing at the park with my kids

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, Sausage with Hollandaise sauce and Spinach

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet! Sleeping better for sure. Feeling less sluggish due to ditching the grains.

Worst part about being Primal: Navigating eating out and having to pre-plan all meals and snacks (I hate cooking!) Keeping kids full and away from processed stuff without dipping them into keto (it happened last week--have to keep potatoes on board!)

Comment

• I've been Primal on and off for a few years but I've decided (finally) that is the best lifestyle for me. I am older now and not as swayed by parties as I was in the past. So, I feel that this is finally my time.

Your location: Howell, NJ

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Totally primal in diet, not so much in exercise

Do you consume dairy: Not currently

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink a cup of Earl Grey in the morning (every morning) I may have green tea in the afternoon and herbal at night

Motivator for switching to Primal: It makes me feel so good.

Favorite exercise: I enjoy walking.

Favorite Primal food: all meats and fish. Brussels sprouts in coconut oil and avocados

Best part about being Primal: I never feel like I am grossly stuffed with food. I sleep easier. and I have so much energy.

Worst part about being Primal: People don't seem to understand. But they will...

I have been doing my 30 day reset from my Personal Paleo Code by Chris Kessler and I'm 3 weeks into it and I've only lost 7lbs but I got on these forums and I feel okay about that. You guys are the best. I'm going to stop worrying and start enjoying my Primal lifestyle. Thanks for all the great advice Senior Members.

Comment

• Hello Everyone:

I have been a reader of Mark's blog for 1 1/2 yrs now.

How Primal are you: Totally primal in diet....working on exercise.

Dairy: Very occassionally

Coffee, here and there, tea the same

Motivator: Trying to heal from chronic pain. Burning mouth/face

Favourite Exercise: Walking dog

Favourite Primal food: All of it, except organ meat. Working on it...started with calves liver. Love liver pate though.

Best part: Never feel I have eaten too much. Last night at a dinner, guests saying they could never eat like that every day. I said I could. Perhaps it is the addition of the dessert? They had it, I didn't. Also they had bread with their meal.

Worst Part: When I am out...where to find pure and healthy food.

I need to gain weight/fat/muscle...have to eat lots to keep my weight on. Dropping grains, I dropped 6 to 8 pounds and I needed those pounds. Now 108, at 5' 4 1/2"

Where did you all get the template for your reply?
            Also, my Avitar

Comment

• Have been eating primal for about 2 years. Have slipped off a few times.. but have always come back to being primal. I have about 10 family members who are trying to be primal right now... they are doing great. It has worked miracles for my health.. and its something I plan to stick to.

Your location: Alberta, Canada

Age (If you want):26

How Primal are you:95%

Do you consume dairy:No

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yes.. Black coffee and green tea.

Motivator for switching to primal: being far to unhealthy for a female in her 20's. Medical problems were starting to make me mentally crash. Now.. I've never been healthier.

Favorite exercise: squatting!

Favorite Primal food: Chicken thighs

Best part about being Primal: sharing the knowledge and helping other people.

Worst part about being Primal: no more chips..
              Last edited by heatherparsons_2006; 04-02-2014, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Your location: Seattle area

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: I try to eat only primal but I have been drinking beer while doing it and kind of flat lined. I have gotten over that and really taking this thing seriously now. I have been doing paleo for about 7 months with the occasional holidays.

Do you consume dairy: Just half and half in my coffee… oh yea and goat cheese occasionally. I like goat cheese!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes! Just dried over a pound of nettles for tea and started a new batch of Kombucha.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was 310 lbs I put on fast when I started living with my gf and her 7 y/o. It was the fattest I’ve ever been. Having an endless supply of macaroni and cheese and a great girl who was a great cooked and loved Italian food made my will power shatter. We went our separate ways and some weight started falling off here and there but I was starving myself. I watched this one kid at work, knifegill … eat for an hour straight. I asked how he could do that and he started explaining it and it seemed pretty basic. Eat unprocessed stuff and try to eat as many of the “happiest” animals you can afford.

Favorite exercise: Yard work…

Favorite Primal food: I love my chicken heart sausage. I could never quite get over the texture so I threw them in a meat grinder.

Best part about being Primal: I’ve lost 75lbs. Compared to diets I have tried it is not nearly as restrictive. This is a life style and I love it. I don’t get hung up on having a piece of cake or chips every once in a while when they get brought to work I just don’t have them at the house.

Worst part about being Primal: The worst part is the $$$$. I buy a lot of cheap meats and raise chickens but they don't lay during the winter up here.
                6'1" 30 y/o male
                June 2013 - 310+lbs
                April 2014 - 230lbs
                "The great and powerful Trixie doesn't trust wheels"!

Comment

• Hi everyone, Michaela here

Your location: Perth, Western Australia

How Primal are you: 100% Primal at the moment (I think!)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, only full fat milk in my morning coffee though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both! I love my morning coffee but then drink green tea with mint throughout the work day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health benefits such as more energy, better sleep, clearer mind etc.

Favorite exercise: Sprints, by far. I actually get ridiculously excited before my workouts - it's like being a kid again.

Favorite Primal food: I don't really have a favourite as I like to mix it up a lot and keep myself interested in what I'm eating.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling energised and ridiculously healthy, all the time. Sleeping like a baby every night. Feeling like I never have to question my hunger or what I'm eating, I just do my thing and am happy with it!

Worst part about being Primal: If you tell anyone about it, you usually cop a whole lotta criticism. There's nothing about the lifestyle that's bad, it's more people's perceptions of it. So, I just keep it fairly quiet and don't discuss it with anyone unless they specifically ask me what I do.

Comment

• Hello Internet! I'm Alysia.

Your location: Detroit, MI

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you:

Do you consume dairy: Yep, but not too much. Usually just some ghee and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both! but if I had to choose one, it'd be coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Originally it was to lose weight and then my motivation to stay primal was how great I felt!

Favorite exercise: Crossfit

Favorite Primal food: Brussels Sprouts roasted in olive oil.

Best part about being Primal: The great health benefits.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain it to people...or not being able to eat bread.

See y'all around the forums.

Comment

• Your location: Statesboro, GA

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: I have stopped grains and sugar cold turkey I'm limiting most processed foods as well. Day 11

Do you consume dairy: butter for cooking, I added a TBLS of sour cream to my mashed cauliflower for dinner this week; other than that I am trying to limit dairy products.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup of coffee every morning -black & unsweetened ice tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: My boss...we had a meeting & he looked fantastic. He told me about Mark's book & he had only been primal for a month! I ordered the book & started my journey 11 days ago! I feel like I've jumped off a cliff at times, but am trying to read alot on these forums to stay on track. I worry that I'm doing this wrong, that I'm making it too much like "Atkins" which made me sick. I want to lose weight but am more interested in the health benefits of Mark's plan.

Favorite exercise: fast walking / jogging

Favorite Primal food: STEAK & chicken

Best part about being Primal: Feeling full...not feeling starved like most "diets"

Worst part about being Primal: Being a sugar addict...I miss it!!!

Comment

• Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread

Your location: Bristol, England

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Mostly but finding snacking hard - chocolate too often.

Do you consume dairy: yes but only yoghurt, butter, double cream and some hard cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: to get healthy. Not to lose weight.

Favorite exercise: Last year when I ran the London Marathon I would say running but now it is yoga.

Favorite Primal food: Beef steak or venison steak wrapped in bacon.

Best part about being Primal: knowing I am doing the best for health.

Worst part about being Primal: other people's ignorance.
                        Last edited by VibrantEpiphany; 04-04-2014, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Your location: Pittsburgh, PA

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: 85-90%... occasional dessert on special occasions

Do you consume dairy: yes-- Greek yogurt and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: unhealthy and very overweight- at the end of my rope!

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: losing weight, no longer feeling bloated

Worst part about being Primal: figuring out what to eat at restaurants

I have lost 30 pounds since January 1, and feel much stronger eating primally and following the PBF. Looking forward to the day I can do a real pull-up, I know I'll get there!

Comment

• Your location: Central Florida

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: Just starting - 90%

Do you consume dairy: yes - full fat dairy in moderation

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: The SAD doesn't work for me

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: more muscle, less fat, more energy

Worst part about being Primal: missing baked goods

Just starting! My husband has been gluten free for three weeks and is ready to go processed carb free with me. Vegetables, protein and fruit are 90% of our diet.

Comment

• Originally posted by JebsMomPgh View Post
                              Looking forward to the day I can do a real pull-up, I know I'll get there!
                              I'm right there with ya!
                              6'1" 30 y/o male
                              June 2013 - 310+lbs
                              April 2014 - 230lbs
                              "The great and powerful Trixie doesn't trust wheels"!

Comment

• Hi everyone! My name is Mariella and I am happy to have found this site, Mark's books, and the Primal diet.

Your location:Raleigh, NC

Age (If you want):42

How Primal are you:100%

Do you consume dairy:In moderation (cheese, greek yogurt, and cream)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee (only 1-2 cups) in the morning; no caffeine after 2pm

Motivator for switching to Primal: My OB/GYN introduced this to me after I told him I could not lose weight and was in fact continuing to gain steady weight despite working out 5-6 times a week in the gym, running, and lifting weights and eating all the "right" things (low-fat, whole grains, etc.)

Favorite exercise:Boxing

Favorite Primal food:Eggs, Avocados, and Dark Chocolate 85%

Best part about being Primal: Less tummy bloat, feeling thinner, and less gas (lol)

Worst part about being Primal:All the meat! I have been a vegetarian since I was five, but would eat seafood. So, now I have started including chicken and bacon in my diet, but have not worked up to red meat, which honestly I don't think I will. I eat fish, shrimp, scallops, and chicken, oh and lots of eggs.

I have been Primal for three weeks now and have lost a total of 5 lbs. so far. i don't need to lose a tremendous amount of weight, but I do want to feel better and have more energy. I have not had many cravings from my old ways so far and have not had any temptations to cheat with whole grains. I don't miss what these types of food did to my body. Wish me luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X