X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location:
    British Columbia, Canada.

How Primal are you:
    Fully primal diet, and I'm working on the fitness part!

Do you consume dairy:
    No, I seem to be intolerant to casein (the protein in milk) as it makes me very irritable.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Green and herbal teas only.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Wanted to build lean muscle mass, and had already cut out grains and dairy, so this seemed like the way to go.

Favorite exercise:
    Hiking, and lifting heavy weights.

Favorite Primal food:
    Coconut oil!

Best part about being Primal:
    Stable energy and hunger levels, get to eat tons of fat, better sleep, better complexion, improved mental well being, and no more running!

Worst part about being Primal:
    Not being able to eat out with friends, no more chickpeas, and a lot less fruit.

Comment

• Hi all!

Your location: San Francisco, CA

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: I'm primal, with the occasional day with too many dried fruit snacks

Do you consume dairy: Yup!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both! Black tea in the morning, decaf coffee throughout the day, black tea again at night

Motivator for switching to Primal: I needed more energy when I originally started (2 years ago), now I'm hoping to strengthen my body and lose weight after having a baby

Favorite exercise: My cycling commute to work

Favorite Primal food: Coconut cream in everything!

Best part about being Primal: Not counting calories

Worst part about being Primal: The variability in what works and what doesn't

Comment

• Hi everyone. I'm 3 days into this journey so far it's pretty dang easy! I have recently been diagnosed with Graves Disease.

Your location:BC Canada

Age (If you want):44

How Primal are you:just getting started have a wee bit of cream in my one cup of coffee in the mornings otherwise totally primal

Do you consume dairy:just a wee bit of coffee cream

Do you drink coffee or tea:both

Motivator for switching to Primal:Graves' disease and subsequent weight gain

Favorite exercise: horse back riding and walking my 4 legged fur babies

Favorite Primal food:STEAK

Best part about being Primal:so far am noticing less inflammation in my joints

Worst part about being Primal: gonna miss the fresh pretzel that I ate every morning for my coffee break :-)

Comment

How primal am I : 90-100%, depending on local forage.
          Alcohol : I do have a weakness for an occasional local craft beer, red wine, or my own home-brewed mead on the weekend.
          Dairy : Rarely, and then mostly pastured goat or sheep cheese.
          Coffee or tea : tea... green, black and/or herbal
          Motivator for switching to primal : 1. Menopause. Suddenly I gained about 40 lbs and developed arthritis and asthma.
          2. I'm an Archaeologist. Paleo/primal seemed like a no-brainer. (Recently switched from paleo to primal)
          Favorite exercise : Backpacking
          Favorite primal food : I make a mean omelette
          Best part about being primal : Clear lungs, great endurance and no more arthritis pains
          Worst part about being primal : My friends keep sending me articles debunking paleo. Trying to explain why these articles are wrong gets old after a while.
          Cheers,
          -Maureen

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Your location: TX

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Just jumping into it

Do you consume dairy: I just switched to using real butter and sometimes cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: both although trying to cut out the coffee and switch to green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to get healthier and get my family healthier. My husband is type II diabetic and almost passed from pancreatitis 4 years ago. I want our kids to learn now while they are small to hopefully prevent all of this for them in the future.

Favorite exercise: Taking the dogs out walking or boxing.

Favorite Primal food: I love eggs!!

Best part about being Primal: I'm just trying to convert from doing HFLC but felt great doing that

Worst part about being Primal: I'm not sure yet, but I have a feeling it's going to be hard at family gatherings.

Comment

• Hi everybody! I don't know what's taken me so long to join this forum, but here we areónice to e-meet you!

Your location: San Diego (but Minneapolis is home-home)

Age (If you want): Just turned 30!

How Primal are you: Currently in the middle of my second Whole30, but have been eating primal (to varying degrees) since the fall of 2012.

Do you consume dairy: Only some cheeses and ghee. Occasionally heavy cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, lots and lots.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Inflammatory conditions run in my family (acne, rosacea, psoriasis, heart disease, etc.)

Favorite exercise: Tennis. I've also been hooked on Seven, which is this simple 7-minute workout app. Planning on starting cross fit this summer!

Favorite Primal food: various cauliflower fried rices (biryani, paella, kimchi, chorizo, etc.)

Best part about being Primal: Getting creative in the kitchen and blogging recipes at Worthy Pause.

Worst part about being Primal: Ordering at a restaurant. I'm the least picky eater, so I still hate being THAT girl who makes a million requests.

Comment

• Hi Primal reverters!

Hello Primal friends,

Here are my answers.

All the best

H.

The Questions:

Your location: England

Age (If you want): Working age, retirement is a long way away...

How Primal are you: 65%

Do you consume dairy:
                stopped cow's milk & cow's dairy 5 years ago. I do eat goat cheese a few times/year.
                Nearly 2 years ago:-
                - I went off wheat, barley and rye.
                -I've been culturing vegetables and making probiotic brews on a regular basis.

Do you drink coffee or tea or alcohol: No to all 3

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and the wish to eat honest unadulterated food.

Favorite exercise: walking and cycling

Favorite Primal food: Dates, bone broth, grass-fed lamb meat, seasonal locally caught fish and all vegetables.

Best part about being Primal: More energy, vibrant health, foraging and growing your own food.

Worst part about being Primal: not possible to be primal everywhere + higher food bill.
                Last edited by helenovkefir; 03-26-2014, 05:17 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

• Your location: Cleveland

How Primal are you: I have been "off and on" for about 18 months. When I'm on, my eating is on point, my exercise is sporadic, my sleep is not where it should be. I find I do much better at this during the summer months - I'm much more active outdoors, do lots of hiking, paddle on a dragon boat team, etc. Plus the farmer's markets in my area are pretty amazing and I LOVE finding new and awesome vegetables to try. During the winter, I find it much harder to get out and get active.

Do you consume dairy: Not much. I use Irish butter and occasionally some heavy cream. Hardly ever eat cheese. No milk, no yogurt, no cottage cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: My caffeine addiction is pretty strong. I try to stick to 2 cups of coffee a day, in the morning. Not a huge fan of tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I found MDA and was fascinated. Read The Primal Blueprint and it all just made so much sense. Tried it and liked the way I felt. Want to see if I can stop being plagued by arthritis, thyroid issues, and the weight that just seems to keep creeping up on me the older I get.

Favorite exercise: Walking, hiking, paddling. I used to enjoy lifting weights when I belonged to a gym.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being primal: Increased energy and sense of well-being

Worst part about being primal: The endless shopping, chopping, preparing, cooking, dish washing.....

Comment

• Your location: U.K.

Age (If you want):31

How Primal are you: 99.9%

Do you consume dairy:Yep (well cheese, have took a liking to almond milk!)

Do you drink coffee or tea: TEA (hot tea)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Being bedridden because of my "arthritic pain" (that has yet to be confirmed)

Favorite exercise: running (but am not able to do that yet) Cycling and walking

Favorite Primal food: ALL OF IT!! Meat mostly I guess, that's a tough question.....

Best part about being Primal: That I feel like I'm 18 again, I have an amazing amount of energy and I'm HAPPY all the time, and I hardly have any mood swings Oh and not being hungry ALL the time. And being able to miss meals without being a crazy diva when I do :P

Worst part about being Primal: Getting my head to understand that it's OKAY to eat fats and that the things everyone tells you is good for you isn't, it's confusing, but I guess that's not really worst part about being primal, I guess there isn't none..yet! I'm nott missing bread or chocolate!

Hi, and I am a little crazy There should be a Grok emoticon up there :P

Comment

• Your location: West Valley City, Utah

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: Just starting but loving what I'm working on.

Do you consume dairy: I used to comsume a large amount of dairy but have been experimenting with this new diet.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Limiting coffee but I do like herbal teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My wife and I lead a very nutritionally-poor lifestyle, eat out a lot, etc. I recently had a physical and I did not like seeing the scale (nor do I like the large mid-section I am carrying around.) My wife has had a recent scare with some medical tests and the doctor suggested this diet. He said it was incredible and, after reading a little and trying it, I believe him.

Favorite exercise: Right now, anything that gets me off the couch or out of the chair.

Favorite Primal food: So far, meat. Chicken, shrimp, beef, etc.

Best part about being Primal: Getting back to the way I was designed.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to get over the years of food-conditioning.

Comment

• Hello. My name is Jennifer. 40 years old in Los Angeles. Suffering advanced adrenal failure and many other autoimmune problems. I have started eating very near to strict paleo. Grassfed meat, organic veggies, some fruits, water and tea. My cheat is goat cheese. I also eat some eggs. I am cautious of nuts and seeds due to food sensitivities. I don't recall the rest of the questions. So far my meal plans are a bit boring. My pain is getting better. Energy still bad. I'd appreciate any tips anyone has, and stories of healing.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hello everyone! I've been primal and following MDA for a year or so, but it's taken me til now to hit the forum. Super excited to interact with such a positive community!

The Questions:

Your location:

U.S. (I travel all over)

Age (If you want):

30's

How Primal are you:

I admit that I have a cheat day once a week. Other than that I'm pretty strict. I've also been gluten free (no cheats!) since January 2014.

Do you consume dairy:

grassfed butter, greek yogurt, and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

both, but I AM IN LOVE with good coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

at first it was a way to keep fit and feel great. now it's a lifestyle!

Favorite exercise:

lifting heavy things, sprints, hiking.

Favorite Primal food:

STEAK

Best part about being Primal:

Having energy, being fit, and knowing that I'm taking responsibility for my health.

Worst part about being Primal:

I miss gluten!
                          "Always be yourself. Express yourself. Have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Hi i am really new to all of this
                            location Poole, Dorset, UK
                            Age 41
                            How Primal- carb junkie looking to try something new
                            I do consume dairy but plan to stop it as I am interested in trying a low inflammatory diet
                            Drink both tea and coffee but hope to take it black
                            My motivation is hitting a bit of a mid life crisis. energy feels really low, weight starting ti creep up, loss of muscle mass
                            favourite exercise- previously yoga but have just signed up to do crossfit
                            favourite primal food? ask me later
                            best bit? not sure yet
                            worste bit? cutting out the alcohol

My mission begins here, wish me luck!

Comment

• Hello from Central Texas!

Newbie here. I've been test driving Primal for a few days now, but I haven't (yet) read much about it other than some food lists and recipes. It seems very "instinctive" to me. My hope is that this is the lifestyle solution I've been looking for to help me lose weight and manage my other health issues.

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: So new I'm still swimming.

Do you consume dairy: Yes...Greek style yogurt and raw goat milk (but at $15 a gallon not often).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Hot tea - black mostly but also green.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose weight and manage diabetes.

Favorite exercise: Gardening and playing with the chickens.

Favorite Primal food: Meat!

Best part about being Primal: Too new to answer. I hope that it will be weight loss.

Worst part about being Primal: Too new to answer. My metabolism is SO broken that I hope the increased fat intake doesn't have a negative effect on weight loss.

Comment

• Hello everyone my name is Charlotte. I've been doing primal nearly a year now, had a few slip ups but I'm only human. It was hard to do on a student budget, but here goes my answers...

How primal are you?
                                I am pretty good really, but usually on a Sunday I will give myself a treat. About to embark on my first Whole30 challenge!

Do you consume dairy?
                                Just recently cut that out, I'm not lactose intolerant or anything I just wanted to see what it did for my overall health. Sometimes some butter for cooking....

Do you drink tea/coffee?
                                Black coffee, green tea and normal tea with almond milk as the dairy replacement.

Motivator for switching primal?
                                My boyfriend introduced me to the primal lifestyle, I wanted to improve my health, lose a bit of weight and overall feel confident and good about myself. Doing this alongside someone really helps!

Favourite exercise?
                                Lifting heavy things and sprinting outdoors uphill. (Even though people look at me weirdly lol)

Favourite primal food?
                                Oh thats a toughie, I have taking a huge liking to lamb chops recently and olives are so irresistible!

Best part about being primal?
                                The feeling you get when you have loads of energy, when you look in the mirror and notice the change to your body. Being properly educated on food and health, enlightening others. The great food that you didn't know was around...

Worst part about being primal?
                                Having to suffer the tv ads and marketing campaigns about how we all should eat low fat, quorn meat and so on. Knowing what you know, and the so called experts still feeding us this useless information. Really annoys me! When people tell you you're weird for following primal, they just don't understand. ONE DAY!

Anyway, nice to meet you all. I have read a few of your questions. Stay strong on your journey guys

Comment

Working...
                                X