X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Greenfield, Ohio

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: Just getting started!

Do you consume dairy: Just a bit here and there for now

Do you drink coffee or tea: an occasional Iced tea... very infrequent

Motivator for switching to Primal: Heart attack Aug 2012... was at 275 lbs ...rotten diet... got rid of the soda, wheat and a lot of the dairy. got down to 240 and just kind of settled there ... learned about paleo and started removing more things from the diet and just in the past 2 months am down to 221 as of this am...

Favorite exercise: Jumping to conclusions!

Favorite Primal food: medium rare steak

Best part about being Primal: I like the weight falling off .. the vegetables are great.

Worst part about being Primal: Pizza .... although I've been very limited on it for awhile now

Comment

• I live in Canberra Australia. I am nearly 50, married with four adult children. I have been on the Jenny Craig diet for three years. Lost 15kgs but am slowly regaining even though I exercise lots and eat little. I have a friend who gave me a book about Primal eating about two years ago and I agreed with most of it. I just couldn't get out of the counting calories thing. Now I am ready to try something new, and the Primal Blueprint feels right for me. I have been avoiding simple carbs for a while, love to eat protein and just want to be healthy so I can live a full active life. So I am reading as much as I can and have bought a jar of coconut oil, real butter and will not be buying any more skim milk. I figure even if I do put on weight, I am going to be a lot happier doing it so I will have a crack at this Blueprint and see where it takes me. Very excited about eating real food again! No more Jenny Craig for me

Comment

• Hi! My name is Cody

Your location: Parker Colorado

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Probably 90%, but i haven't quiet compared my new habits to the primal life style.

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes, and I choose grass fed when I can. Im working on finding raw milk but Colorado is among one of the states that outlaws it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea on occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal: To consistently keep my weight off and feel great

Favorite exercise: Rock Climbing!! (My profile picture was taken near some climbing routes at St. Bees England)

Favorite Primal food: Bacon/Avocado. They're fantastic in combination.

Best part about being Primal: The energy gain, and weight loss/health benefits

Worst part about being Primal: Letting your new found confidence in reaching your goals set you back. This will be my third time following a primal diet, since i have made the repeated mistake of reintroducing foods into my life that should never have been there in the first place.

However, Cheers to the better decisions that i will do my best to make from now on!

Comment

• Clarksville, TN

51 yrs old

Just getting started with Primal and now experimenting with IF and Nutritional Ketosis

Yes: Dairy

Yes: Coffee!

Primal (Peleo) was recommended by my Doctor

I do a mixed workout now that includes my stairway in my study, treadmill and dumbbells
          ( just getting consistent with exercise tho)

T-bone!

I feel GREAT now that I've detoxed from all the processed crap I've lived on the entirety of my life…

Still struggling with those veggies.

My doctor recently put me in the 80% likely to have a stroke or heart attack category which shook me to say the least. I've been on the yo-yo diet circuit for so long that even with extended periods of ketosis I've experienced long lasting plateaus. Need to lose about 60 to get me where I want to be…(beating Type 2, high Cholesterol, HBP otherwise known as metabolic syndrome.) I will beat it tho!

I welcome any advice from the long-term MDA guys.
          Last edited by yerfrind; 03-21-2014, 08:34 AM. Reason: Looking for connections (coaching etc)

Comment

• Hi
            I'm Matt I live in Massachusetts and Florida,age 64 .I have been on a better fitness and better eating thing for a couple years now and I think its great.I run a deepsea fishing charter boat out of Gloucester,Ma and keep in shape and always notice that I am in better shape than most of my clients that are half my age.
            I just found this site and found that I have been doing a lot of the same things when it comes to eating and excerise and I am getting very good results.I hope to learn some more helpful stuff from the site to get me to the next level.

Comment

• Hello Forumites!

Totally new here. Been working on my Paleoesque plan since about January. Groovin' on it!
              What have you done today to make you feel Proud?

Comment

• Australian female, late forties, mum to five. wouldnt want to know me without a morning coffee, primal for a better feeling, need to lose weight - 15 kilos which is about 25 pounds I think. Lost a bit since starting a month ago but have not been in ketosis at all and realised that without a gallblader my journey is not going to be a normal one. Am after advice from anyone else who has started paleo without a gallbladder. I own a farm so am quite active,moving bales of hay and bags of feed is not a problem but I am doing something not right as the weight stays with me. I have been having bone broths,use coconut oil, drink kefir milk and tried having very few carbs. Feel great but the focus needs to be weight loss - any ideas?

Comment

• Hello! My name is...

My name:
                  Roger. My name is Roger, my forum name was ill chosen so I will share :-)

Your location:
                  New Hampshire

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
                  Beginning my journey, I have been eating primal (maybe as well as 95/5) for <90 days and walking 2 or so hours a week, but due to the local weather and more than a touch of seasonal depression I have not yet begun to lift and sprint.

Do you consume dairy:
                  I do consume dairy, I am not allergic and I found a place nearby that sells raw whole milk, raw cheeses and kefir.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
                  I drink about 16 oz of coffee daily (cream, no sugar) but I am toying with the idea of switching over to tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:
                  I am making the switch over to primal in an attempt to live healthier, lose weight (at least trim the fat off my midsection :-) and if what I read on the net is correct, maybe help some issues with seriously dry skin and my ADHD?!

Favorite exercise:
                  Going back to my gym days, I would have to say squats. I promise, I will start exercising again soon!

Favorite Primal food:
                  As of yet undecided. I have tried many recipes, and I find it difficult to choose just one!

Best part about being Primal:
                  Bacon! And Meat, delicious fatty tasty capital "M" MEAT!!

Worst part about being Primal:
                  Trying to explain to my wife how eating fat is healthy...she wont read Mark's book, and has decided that I have "drunk the koolaid"
                  Last edited by rwgpaleo; 03-22-2014, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Your location: Connecticut

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you:
                    I'm a beginner, so I'm trying different things and moving more towards total primal.

Do you consume dairy: Sometime cheese and cream for coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, health benefits

Favorite exercise: Squats and burpees

Favorite Primal food: Fish, shrimp, pork ternderloin

Best part about being Primal: Weight loss and reduction in my blood glucose.

Worst part about being Primal: Loose stools

Thanks,
                    Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by shawnee_bee View Post
                      Hi I'm Kathy Leading Bee I'm 42 years old I went primal about two years ago and then fell off the wagon .... I was at that time 240lbs 5'3" I went to 190lbs and thought little bit here ans there won't hurt me .... lol ... boy I was soooo wrong . My body just said nope not gonna happen .... I went back up to 224lbs ... went back to primal about a week and a half ago and am already to 216 .... am starting to feel better ... my joints still hurt and my knees still grind going up stairs ... not a good thing ... and I am going through some horrible sugar withdrawal !!! Any ideas on how to make me less grumpy ? Help please .....
                      I had always been active .... swimming , walking , hiking , biking ect ...... I am not ready to give up my tea and coffee yet just black no extras in them ..... I am from WV . I currently live near Parkersburg . I work as a home healthcare (PCA) aide . I am almost always busy ..... I have my own pet chickens and only eat thier eggs.... sell some too.... but my ladies r not on the menu .... they r my babies .....
                      Grok on !!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                      Eat more fat for satiety and to silence the sugar demon. Bacon is good. Welcome back and all the best to you!

Comment

• Your location: Canada

Age (If you want):35

How Primal are you:80-85%

Do you consume dairy:Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal:Being morbidly obese and needing to be healthy

Favorite exercise:Biking

Favorite Primal food:Greens

Best part about being Primal:Eating clean

Worst part about being Primal:Serious lack of bagels

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Charlotte, NC

How Primal are you: I'm just starting out, so I hope to get more primal every day.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese occasionally. And a splash of skim milk in scrambled eggs.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose weight, but more than that to get more healthy.

Favorite exercise: Racquetball or swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Just started so I'm not sure, but I look forward to the health benefits of going primal.

Worst part about being Primal: Again, just started but I'm concerned that the cost of eating primal may be somewhat prohibitive, at least in the short-term.
                          The first and the best victory is to conquer self. ~ Plato

Comment

• Originally posted by scooter748driver View Post
                            The Questions:

Your location: Charlotte, NC

How Primal are you: I'm just starting out, so I hope to get more primal every day.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese occasionally. And a splash of skim milk in scrambled eggs.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose weight, but more than that to get more healthy.

Favorite exercise: Racquetball or swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Just started so I'm not sure, but I look forward to the health benefits of going primal.

Worst part about being Primal: Again, just started but I'm concerned that the cost of eating primal may be somewhat prohibitive, at least in the short-term.
                            Hey, I'm from Charlotte , too!!! Welcome and good luck with your goals!

Comment

• Your location: Toronto, Canada

Age (If you want):34

How Primal are you: 95% (Following AIP Protocol to treat Psoriasis). Started 2 months ago.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, Green Tea mostly.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Become healthier. Treat Psoriasis through diet.

Favorite exercise: Swimming, Lifting weights.

Favorite Primal food: Avocado

Best part about being Primal: Living simple and fun.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing.

Comment

• Hello

I live in Georgia. I decided to give up grains after reading Wheat Belly and Grain Brain. After that, I needed to find an alternative to how I was eating in the past. The Primal diet seemed to make the most sense to me. I do use Ghee, and grass-fed butter, tea and coffee in moderation. I like to practice yoga, Pilates, and walking with my hound mix as exercise. I think buffalo with mixed veggie stir-fry is my favorite primal food.

Comment

Working...
                                X