Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My user name says it all, i'm the new guy. Starting my second Diet/eating regiment, first was low carb from my Endochrinoligist, now 5 yrs. later mixing low carb with Weston A. Price diet. Followed Marks Daily Apple for years, great site, but I'm a lazy bastard so and I'm willing to go only so far!

Comment

• Primal but have cheats, but my base for cooking at home is primal. but if I make pizza for my kids, I have a slice. I dont drink coffee or tea.
      Motivation:
      Insulin resistance, hormone inbalances (estrogen dominant) and thyroid (slow)
      Favorite exercise, walking/running
      Favorite Primal Food:
      Primal pizza
      BEST PART: It's got easy, quick recipes without weird ingredients.
      Worst part: Hard to be sociable, go to movies and not have popcorn!

Comment

• Your location: Melbourne, Australia

How Primal are you: Not at all, 0%. Just trying to ease into it now

Do you consume dairy: Yes, on mass

Do you drink coffee or tea: Neither

Motivator for switching to Primal: Personal health and maintenance of my body. I want to (ideally) be as healthy as I am now in 40 years. Also I am very taken by the whole premise of living 'primal'. I agree with so much of it but as of yet, do not actually implement much in my lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Basketball

Favorite Primal food: Organic Milk.

Best part about being Primal: Yet to discover

Worst part about being Primal: Sugar .... Cravings ....

Comment

• I'm a 56 year old woman guilty of chronic exercise. I love to be outside, love the feeling of being tired, and enjoy both competition and training with friends. Lately, however, I've noticed that I struggle with recovery, have lots of gut issues, my hormones are out of wack, and I'm frequently tired. I started reading blogs, listening to podcasts, and eventually found Primal Blueprint. I like the idea of moderation in all areas (exercise, diet) and enjoying life, but I find it hard to incorporate on a regular basis. After 5 weeks of eating low carb (maybe too low) and reducing my exercise load (but maybe not enough), I have actually gained 5 lbs and feel worse than I did when i began. I expected this for a couple of weeks, but not for 5 weeks. I don't understand why I'm gaining weight on 50grams of carb per day. My heart rate is super high when I run, particularly if I hit a hill. I know partly that is adaptation to the diet, but I have cut my volume in half. Recently I've developed pain in my right abdomen, not severe, but annoying and it has lasted a week. I don't know if all of these things are just adaptation after years of eating a more vegetarian/GF/sugar free diet. I am eating a lot more fat and more meat than I did previously, but I had already given up the high carb lifestyle. Any advice on getting through this phase would be appreciated! Reviewing the questions above- I am mostly a tea drinker although occasionally I have a little coffee. I have been eating hard cheese, but no other dairy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
            In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Connecticut

Age (If you want): 56

How Primal are you: Adapting- tying to be totally primal

Do you consume dairy: hard cheese only

Do you drink coffee or tea: herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: health, having been a vegetarian for many years, going Gluten Free 5 years ago, and still having some digestive issues, I decided to research low carb/Paleo style diets. I went lower carb (under 50g) for a few weeks but didn't feel good and so am trying to adapt to the Primal 100-150 grams, adding some grass fed/free range meat, some wild fish, and lots of free range eggs.

Favorite exercise: Love exercise- triathlon, running, XC skiing, hiking

Favorite Primal food: coconut oil, vegetables

Best part about being Primal: Haven't figured this out yet

Worst part about being Primal:
            Eating meat is hard for me. I also am passionate about animal rescue. I understand the importance of meat, and I always buy free range but it is still a challenge. I am working on it.

Comment

• Location Okanagan Valley Canada
              gender male
              age 56
              how primal just beginning the program/lifestyle, but have been a hunter meat-eater all my life
              consume dairy? not much, a little yogurt once in a while, I hate milk but use it in my cereal if i have too, some cheese
              tea/coffee? a couple of cups of cofffee in the am , then green tea during the day, sometimes chamomile
              motivation better health
              favorite exercize no real exercize regime. work in a welding/machine shop , lots of heavy lifting, somewhat active job
              fav primal food Wild game , nuts and seeds
              best part of being primal hope to become healthier , less body pain, live longer
              worst part having to give up some foods i really enjoy, plus probably beer!

Comment

• I live near savannah ,ga. I am a 43 year old mother of five, ages, 26,23,15,13,10.
                I researched a keto way of eating for a good while before starting on feb. 19 , 2014.
                I have celiac, but was only diagnosed 3 years ago. I waited to become gluten free until i was sure it would be a way of life for me for the rest of my days.
                I must say it has not been hard at all, i am not a food lover to begin with , but my mindset was such that i knew i would never cheat because i would never want to start all over. I also had the motivation of healing the gut and becoming the person i should have been all along.
                So far i can truly say that only consuming carbs in the form of a few veggies has completely changed me. I did not know i could be so clear headed, funny, energetic, and even conquer some deression. ( though still on meds). Well , that is me in a nutshell. Love to all and let's have fun!!!!!

Comment

• Added Bonus. My starting weight was 179 on Feb. 19 , 2014. [5' 5"]
                  This morning [ 3/ 16 ] I weighed 164.

Comment

• Your location: Manchester UK

Age (If you want):57

How Primal are you:Almost 100%. I have been having a bit of vodka at the weekends which i have stopped this weekend.
                    I only have one non paleo meal a month when i go out for a meal.

Do you consume dairynly butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes and i have them with coconut milk

Motivator for switching to Primal:to be healthy and lose weight.

Favorite exercise:running, although i have changed to HIIT

Favorite Primal food:chicken thighs

Best part about being Primal:feeling great and not feeling tired and ill all the time.

Worst part about being Primal: missing my chocolate and desserts.

Comment

• Your location: Im not tellin, you could be crazy.

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 100% with the exception of the sugars in A1 and catchup.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: unsweet iced tea only.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My beautiful wife angelgrl
                      went on atkins to lose weight and found out about marks book
                      on an atkins forum, we bought it and here we are. I have always
                      been very health oriented and the book made alot of sense.

Favorite exercise: Ill let ya know when the carb flu is gone and
                      i can figure that out.

Favorite Primal food: Doesnt matter, its just food.

Best part about being Primal: Im hoping feeling good.

Worst part about being Primal: Carb flu

Comment

• Your location: Raleigh, NC

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Have been pretty primal for 3 weeks now - went in as 80/20 but ending up more like 90/10

Do you consume dairy: a little half and half in my coffee each morning, that's it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: COFFEE!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Started as a challenge from gf but am seeing benefits

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, beef, eggs all are good!

Best part about being Primal: Getting all the processed crud out of your system and diet and feeling like I have more energy

Worst part about being Primal: Tougher to plan meals, have to definitely plan them out!

Comment

• Location New Zealand
                          gender female
                          age 35 (36 next month)
                          how primal today is day 3. I have been pretty strict, although am still finding my way with my protein % vs. fat %.
                          consume dairy? at this stage, not much. Milk or cream in coffee. Butter.
                          tea/coffee? see above! I have 2-3 cups a day of coffee. Love green tea too.
                          favorite exercize Haven't started primal exercise yet. When I used to be active I would walk/run.
                          fav primal food beef!!
                          best part of being primal So far....I am enjoying the food options and not being staaaaarving like usual.
                          worst part The whole 'ritual' of eating as I knew it is gone! No more garlic bread starter, no more dessert at the end. I will get used to it, but went out for tea last night for my Nana's birthday and it was a bit weird not following the usual conventions like everyone else.
                          "To keep the body in good health is a duty...otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear" - Buddha.

103.4kg - SW 10 March 14
                          102.3kg - Primal SW 14 March 14
                          101.2kg - CW
                          65kg - Goal Weight

10 Year Wedding Anniversary 11 December 2014. Bring on the hot wife .

Comment

How Primal are you: considering/just starting

Do you consume dairy: occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, 1 cup of coffee per day, sometimes 2 but not often. Tea is green or green and black blend.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been fighting "mid-fat" for years and have tried everything. Also, I've recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I have a friend how lives primally and swears by it. Plus, it makes logical sense.

Favorite exercise: running/Orange Theory

Favorite Primal food: fruits/veggies

Best part about being Primal: no processes foods!!

Worst part about being Primal: I really like working out hard, so cutting back on that will be tough.

Comment

• Aloha! My name is Kali

Your location: From California, stationed at Pearl Harbor

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Moderate? I don't view this as a spectrum or competition

Do you consume dairy: Yes, though only organic and grass fed if i can find it

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Nothing else makes me feel this good and I'm tired of giving into the main stream beliefs about health and food

Favorite exercise: Dead lifts. All day.

Favorite Primal food: Raspberries. And steak...

Best part about being Primal: Feeling so good

Worst part about being Primal: Encountering SO many people who think I'm crazy!

Comment

• Hi I'm Kathy Leading Bee I'm 42 years old I went primal about two years ago and then fell off the wagon .... I was at that time 240lbs 5'3" I went to 190lbs and thought little bit here ans there won't hurt me .... lol ... boy I was soooo wrong . My body just said nope not gonna happen .... I went back up to 224lbs ... went back to primal about a week and a half ago and am already to 216 .... am starting to feel better ... my joints still hurt and my knees still grind going up stairs ... not a good thing ... and I am going through some horrible sugar withdrawal !!! Any ideas on how to make me less grumpy ? Help please .....
                                I had always been active .... swimming , walking , hiking , biking ect ...... I am not ready to give up my tea and coffee yet just black no extras in them ..... I am from WV . I currently live near Parkersburg . I work as a home healthcare (PCA) aide . I am almost always busy ..... I have my own pet chickens and only eat thier eggs.... sell some too.... but my ladies r not on the menu .... they r my babies .....
                                Grok on !!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                                X