X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Cincinnati, OH

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Just started 5 days ago. So far so good.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: My family doctor prescribed the Primal Blueprint book!!! I am dealing with anxiety and this is how my doctor is fighting it. I love this idea, instead of just drugging me up.

Favorite exercise: Free Weights

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better

Worst part about being Primal: Not knowing if I will follow through.

Comment

• Your location: Arlington, Virginia

Age (If you want): 31...when did this happen?!!

How Primal are you: Totally IMO.

Do you consume dairy: Not really. Stopping tomorrow any at all.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nettle tea. No coffee, I have to be in the mood without cream and sugar of some sort so no more coffee for me.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I need to lose weight. I lost 50 doing a low cal/low carb/high protein diet and it worked but everything was soy and processed and I've been wanting to eat clean and go Paleo/Primal for some time. I decided why wait, let's do this now!

Favorite exercise: T25 and Insanity. Started CrossFit and Vinyasa Yoga, I need to get some sprints in.

Favorite Primal food: READ MEAT!!!

Best part about being Primal: Fruit...I've missed it~!

Worst part about being Primal: No rice. My family grew up eating rice, it's part of our culture and I'm used to it by now but rice is always going to be frowned upon it seems.

I want to get to 100% strict madness and get lean and cut as heck!

Comment

• Hi,

My name is Pete Nyandeh and I am an Internet marketer. I am passionate about health and fitness and as a result, I have been doing a lot of research in the area. I blog about health and fitness topics. I am glad to be a part of this great forum.

Comment

• Hi,

My name is Pete Nyandeh and I am an Internet marketer. I am passionate about health and fitness and as a result, I have been doing a lot of research in the area. I blog about health and fitness topics. I am glad to be a part of this great forum.

Comment

• Your location: Western Australia

Age (If you want): 56 (a young 56!!)

How Primal are you: probably 90%....not enough dairy and fats

Do you consume dairy: yes, minimal

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea....2 cups per day....occasional coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: getting older, want to feel better and lose my belly fat

Favorite exercise: power walk

Favorite Primal food: salmon or steak

Best part about being Primal: thinking I am helping my body

Worst part about being Primal: too much conflicting information on what I should or shouldn't eat!
            Last edited by Rhondalee; 03-03-2014, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Your location: Columbia, SC

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Just getting started

Do you consume dairy: Raw Grass Fed Milk and Butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to feel better and be healthier.

Favorite exercise: Walking with my dog.

Favorite Primal food: Sushi

Best part about being Primal: I like the food

Worst part about being Primal: I miss my bourbon

Comment

• I'm new . Looking for my leaner, healthy body .

[Kimdelacreme ]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Hawaii

Age (If you want):48 yrs old

How Primal are you: very

Do you consume dairy: heavy cream with coffee once a day , maybe.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Atkins wasn't working for me anymore . Missed fruits.

Favorite exercise: walking & weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: steak & eggs

Best part about being Primal: I can do it pretty much where ever I go.

Worst part about being Primal:[/QUOTE]. Lots of cooking .

Comment

How Primal are you: about 70%
                  Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea
                  Motivator for switching to Primal: Primal itself

Comment

• Paleo in SP

Originally posted by ac_reis View Post
                    Hello, my name is Antonio, I have been lurking for some time and thought I should introduce myself.

How primal: I'm pretty much primal. After um month of serious paleo I indulged in a banana cake with frosting. Next day I was low on energy and wanting more sweets.

I consume cheese and ocasionally full fat milk (twice a week).

I drink coffee and tea.

Motivator: health.

I used to go to the gym everyday, and on weekends I play 2 hours of water volleyball (after going to the gym). But now I go just three times a week to the gym and walk a lot.

Favorite primal food: meats, avocado, coconut.

Best part about being primal: increased energy, not craving foods anymore, not hungry.
                    Hey Antonio,

Where are some good paleo restaurants in Sao Paulo? I'll be there for a week and want to avoid soybean oil, which I think may be hard.

Comment

• So very new!

Your location: Santa Cruz, California

Age (If you want):42

How Primal are you: I think completely... only been 3 days though.

Do you consume dairy: Not as of yesterday.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both but have been putting almond and coconut milk into it instead of whole milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Listening to the podcasts at first... but I read somewhere it helps menopausal women...

Favorite exercise: Biking, swimming, jogging.

Favorite Primal food: Steak!

Best part about being Primal: The energy and lack of bloat.

Worst part about being Primal: No pasta or beer!

Comment

• Unleashing the beast in Bucharest

Your location: Bucharest, ROMANIA

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: yep, still

Do you drink coffee or tea: yep, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: to achieve genetic potential

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Red meat

Best part about being Primal: Better sleep & performance, less FAT

Worst part about being Primal: none so far

Comment

• Your location: Wisconsin (land of all things frozen solid)

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: I'd like to think 100%

Do you consume dairy: nope...gives me a skin rash every time, raw or not

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee very seldom, tea daily

Motivator for switching to Primal: in the beginning it was to lose weight, now it's to optimize my health and be able to function on a daily basis

Favorite exercise: unfortunately I love running, but am trying to fall in love with more intense things like jumping :-)

Favorite Primal food: bacon...I really love bacon, especially dipped in guacamole

Best part about being Primal: leaner body, better skin and hormone function

Worst part about being Primal: not eating cake...like really sugary bad for you cake. I miss that sometimes...and I miss oreos dipped in milk too

Comment

• Your location: Selah, WA

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: I am just starting out today to embark on this new lifestyle journey. I intend to be fairly strict; no grains or refined products.

Do you consume dairy: Yes but am limiting to organic plain Greek yogurt in a smoothie not more than once a week. Limiting my carbs being the goal. I need to do more research to see if any cheese is permitted.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No neither

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have found myself really struggling with my weight these last couple of years, not that it was easy to maintain a healthy weight before, but before peri-menopause kicked in I was able to cut back just a bit calorie wise and up my exercise and get back on track. Now I find myself in what seems to be a Leptin imbalance and 60 lbs overweight. I know that a low carb and high protein diet will help as I have had some success with other programs but due to their strictness I found them impossible to maintain for very long. Like many others on here, I too am hoping to stave off the complications of being overweight.

Favorite exercise: I have been using the treadmill, stairmaster, and our nautillus equipment this winter. I love walking, hiking, swimming, bicycling, snow and water skiing as well. I used to do sprint triathlons and would love to be in that kind of shape again so I can begin again, but for now my weight is really hindering my running and even jogging ability.

Favorite Primal food: I love any kind of grass fed beef, poultry, fish, or eggs....

Best part about being Primal: I may have to come back and edit this part, but I am hoping that I will say in a few months that feeling healthy and not struggling with my weight will be high on my list of positives about being Primal!

Worst part about being Primal: So far I can only think that special occasions and eating out might be difficult.

Comment

• Your location: Wausau wi

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: i vary from strict no dairy 'paleo' to SAD depending on my life and how its going. Sadly im mostly SAD right now but getting back on track.

Do you consume dairy: Yes and i dont have any reactions to it. If i do its full fat or nothing. Usually eat plain yogurt or heavy cream if i do it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, i was on night shift the past 3 years

Motivator for switching to Primal: experimenting. I like to experiment with many different types of food and see how it will affect my body And how i feel. I stuck with primal because its easier and saves me $!

Favorite exercise: I have trained oly lifting and its my favorite. I love to lift. I like sprints, and love walking outside.

Favorite Primal food: eggs....i love all eggs.

Best part about being Primal: More energy

Worst part about being Primal: I know more about food and i can be hard to eat with, my mind is always asking....is this humane? Lol

Hi guys nice to meet you all!

Comment

• Your location: Currently Karlskrona , Sweden. I am from Kozani, Greece

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: I don't eat legumes and grains at all. Only in rare cases in small quantities (eg mussaka). I eat though a lot of potatoes and rise.

Do you consume dairy: only greek yogurt and feta

Do you drink coffee or tea: only tea (rarely)

Motivator for switching to Primal: acne, and I liked the recipes (lots of meat :P )

Favorite exercise: different bridge varietions

Favorite Primal food: wild boar

Best part about being Primal: I eat a lot of meat

Worst part about being Primal: Eating outside can be difficult

Comment

Working...
                                X