X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name here is Rei ...

Your location: Birmingham, Alabama

How Primal are you:
    Quite new to the PB lifestyle and am reading through the main txt and taking it all in.

Do you consume dairy:
    I do but am very limited in my intake. Cream in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both actually. I mainly drink a morning cup of coffee and herbal teas later on if I feel so inclined.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Some friends of ours in Denver, CO got us interested. It just seems to make a lot of sense.

Favorite exercise: riding my mountain bike, cardio at gym, calisthenics.

Favorite Primal food: a bigass salad with a juicy T-bone steak on the grill!

Best part about being Primal:
    Having a cool community of people that are committed to this lifestyle to bounce ideas off of.

Worst part about being Primal:
    I wish I had started this ten years ago! However, I'm in excellent health and at 52 am happy to say that I don't take ANY prescription drugs, have a 31 year old fiancÚ, and am told often I look like I'm 40! I'm not sure what 40 is supposed to look like but I'll accept the complement.

Comment

• Aloha! Here goes

Your location: Pukalani, Maui, Hawai'i

Age (If you want): 29 next month

How Primal are you: 75%

Do you consume dairy: very rarely; usually it's goat cheese if anything.

Do you drink coffee or tea: sometimes tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: to feel energetic, free of pain, and to not get diabetes (which runs in my family). also, to help with my depression and thyroid issues.

Favorite exercise: deadlift

Favorite Primal food: steak and sweet potatoes

Best part about being Primal: the clarity and ease of life that comes along with it

Worst part about being Primal: falling off the wagon when I feel like I can "treat myself" more often than I should.

Comment

How Primal am I: not at all yet.
        I do not consume dairy
        I have one cup of coffee a day
        Motivator: Be as healthy as I have ever been in my life
        Favorite Food: Everything that I eat
        Best part: I dont know yet
        Worst part: I dont know yet

Comment

• Hello All,

Your location: Central Pennsylvania

Age (If you want): 22, almost 23

How Primal are you: Not very, just found the site and am hoping to start being Primal.

Do you consume dairy: Yeah, not really sure how much honestly.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, rarely, whenever my roommate is having it and I'm in the mood.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just trying to be as healthy as possible.

Favorite exercise: Don't have one yet. I've always liked pull-ups though.

Favorite Primal food: Not sure yet. Maybe almonds, if that counts.

Best part about being Primal: TBD.

Worst part about being Primal: I imagine it could be ridding myself of PB&J, which I have for lunch most days.

Comment

• Name is Jake

My Location: Southern California

How Primal: Strive for 100%, but probably closer to 90% because I don't eat grass fed exclusively.

Dairy: Minimal, cheese occasionally.

Coffee or Tea: Morning coffee daily, tea once a week.

Primal Motivator: Weight loss and health. Real life results in a friend.

Favorite Exercise: Pull ups, Push ups, Dips, Box Jumps, or anything else I can do almost anywhere.

Favorite Primal Food: Spaghetti Squash and Sweet Potatoes

Best Part of Primal: Feel better than I have in years. Down 33 lbs., 4 inches in waist in four months and building lean muscle.

Worst Part of Primal: Nothing.

Comment

• hi I am based in Sligo in the north west of Ireland. Sligo is famous for its wonderful landscape sea, mountains, lakes and forests and is serious surfing territory

I am just 60 years old and I have been on a voyage of discovery re nutrition for quite a while and serious about ditching sugar grains, dairy, salt, caffeine and processed food for about a year

various health issues led to a lot of reading hence the switch to primal
              I enjoy walking and yoga

I love good food period

I love being able to just eat the right food without worrying and the huge decrease in cravings-plus the weight loss on my journey to the land of healthy and slim

im looking forward to taking part in the community

mitzymel

Comment

• Name is: T

My Location: Southern NY

How Primal: I'm a newbie, but am doing pretty well so far.

Dairy: Some cheese, but I'm used to nut milks so its no biggie.

Coffee or Tea: Morning coffee daily, tea in the afternoon.

Primal Motivator: Weight loss and health.

Favorite Exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal Food: Steak and asparagus

Best Part of Primal: Weight loss and stabilized blood glucose/insulin levels. In was never diabetic, but was definitely insulin resistant.

Worst Part of Primal: Discipline

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Your location: North Carolina

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: My husband and I are just starting this lifestyle. I have completely gone off grains, but he still eats some corn based but not wheat at all.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Heavy cream, butter, and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not recently, but I would like to start drinking herbal tea again.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and general health

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Almost any meat

Best part about being Primal: My joints no longer hurt.

Worst part about being Primal: People trying to get me to eat grain based foods.

Comment

• Your location: Chicago

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: I tend to go in cycles of 80% for a few months and then crash down to not Primal for a few months, I'm currently hoping to start a cycle (a forever cycle) of 95% Primal.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, nice cheese and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight Issues

Favorite exercise: Playing Hockey

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Never being congested or tired

Worst part about being Primal: N/A

Comment

• Your location: Saint John, NB

Age (If you want):30

How Primal are you: Off and on-not all family members are on board so it makes it difficult to be as primal as I'd like

Do you consume dairy: Butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee (hard to stop with a newborn)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health-have a lot of inflammation

Favorite exercise: Push-ups

Favorite Primal food: Bacon and more bacon

Best part about being Primal: Consistent energy you have throughout the day

Worst part about being Primal: The judgement you get when you say the word "paleo"

Comment

• Your location:Maryland USA

Age (If you want):46

How Primal are you:just starting

Do you consume dairy: a little but not much

Do you drink coffee or tea:mostly coffee but do like tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: health issues - I'm sick of feeling so lousy all the time

Favorite exercise:what is exercise

Favorite Primal food:not sure yet...just starting. But I love meat. And salads. Salads don't like me too much

Best part about being Primal:just starting....hopefully it will be how great great I feel

Worst part about being Primal:hopefully there won't be one!

Comment

• Hello everyone!

Your location: Just recently moved to Atlanta from Philadelphia

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: I'm a convert. I'm not sure exactly how long ago I found MDA (maybe a year or so?). I started by eliminating grains and my chronic heartburn vanished. I haven't looked back since then. Nobody's perfect though and I don't think anyone should be. Cooking is one of my favorite pastimes and I believe food should be pleasurable above anything else. I've developed my own little Primal lifestyle based on Mark's advice and other research.

Do you consume dairy: Yes! I LOVE dairy. Couldn't live without it (I'm French, so... you know ^_^). I drink raw milk daily, have yogurt and kefir regularly, use heavy cream in my cooking, and have all kinds of deliciously smelly cheeses occasionally (which turns into daily when I'm in France lol).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Sure. Black coffee. Overall, I prefer herbal teas to caffeinated ones.

Motivator for switching to Primal: This is very random but Mark's post about DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) is actually what introduced me to MDA. I ended up looking through more of his articles and within hours I was hooked.

Favorite exercise: mmmm... hiking? There are too many to choose just one really.

Favorite Primal food: homemade bone broth

Best part about being Primal: how it reconnected me with nature... gardening, hiking

Worst part about being Primal: how aware I am of just how processed and disgusting so much of the food we are surrounded with truly is... particularly when I have no choice but to eat it (like having to go to a chain restaurant...)

Comment

• New to Primal Blueprint/MDA

[QUOTE=Anonymous;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: New Hampshire

Age (If you want): 58

How Primal are you: My first week- have had a few slip-ups, but trying to stay clean. Trying the auto-immune program due to GI problems cropping up over the last month.

Do you consume dairy: So far just small amount of full fat Greek yogurt for probiotics

Do you drink coffee or tea: working on cutting back, down to one tablespoon organic fresh ground with no milk or sweeteners

Motivator for switching to Primal: diagnosed with DMII 9 years ago. Battling high blood sugar and excess weight ever since. Serious addiction to sugar and carbs frustrating all my efforts.

Favorite exercise: Resistance training, walking, jogging, sprinting, skiing, cycling, hiking, golfing. Most enjoyable: skiing and golfing.

Favorite Primal food: Uncured natural bacon with roasted vegetables and garlic

Best part about being Primal: Losing weight: 7 pounds first week. Blood sugar down 30-40 points.

Worst part about being Primal: Finding something to snack on.

Question: has anyone experienced diarrhea when starting primal? Or should I go to the doctor?

Comment

• Hi. I been reading MDA articles for the last couple of weeks, and just started following the Primal diet yesterday. I've kept my carb level at the 50-100 gram level the last two days and already feel a change, sort of like a buzzing, energetic feeling. It's not unpleasant, just different. Looking forward to expanding into other areas of primal living after the diet thing starts feeling normal.

Your location:
                              Puget Sound area, WA state

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
                              just starting out, but diet so far is at 100%

Do you consume dairy:
                              Had a cup of yogurt today (not fat free)

Do you drink coffee or tea:
                              Heck yeah, both!

Motivator for switching to Primal:
                              For the last 18 months I lived on a diet that was mostly beans and rice (or wheat, or cornmeal mush) and lots of veggies. I ate very little fat and very little animal protein. I was trying to lose weight, and did lose 60 pounds, but felt like I was starving. I started working out more, but didn't see any gain in muscle mass. So I decided to do a 180 and convert to the primal way of eating.

Favorite exercise:
                              bicycle, walking, stretching, pushups, situps, dumbells

Favorite Primal food:
                              I like the butter and coconut oil, and tried some unsweetened baker's chocolate, which I really like. It's satisfying, yet doesn't leave me craving the rest of the bar.

Best part about being Primal:
                              I ate 3000 calories yesterday, but felt skinnier this morning LOL.

Worst part about being Primal:
                              finding the time to absorb all the information

Bill

Comment

• David from Kansas city I've been primal for almost twenty one days. I am a heart bypass surgery survivor (2005) I have struggled to keep my weight down. As well as cholesterol in check. Paleo has already helped in so many ways regularity (you know where) appetite control, more energy, strength at workouts, my skin ect. I went all the way in no dairy, grains or legumes. I do have a cup of black coffee in morning. And limited starch veggies in salad. The hard part is finding meat I can trust. Hey glad to be here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                                X