X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Primarily India, but keep on going places on business

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: No carbs, no sugars, only proteins and fats as prescribed by MDA

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I wasn't leading a very active lifestyle and wanted to switch to one.

Favorite exercise: Treadmill

Favorite Primal food: Cooked chicken with boiled eggs

Best part about being Primal: Feeling a lot more active and have lost weight

Worst part about being Primal: Sometimes I crave for carbs

Comment

• Abundance is truly mine!

Hi! I am Abundance. I am a middle-aged (55 in June 2014) mother/grandmother/friend/sister who had put about 100 lbs on during my 40's and have now taken off about 1/2 of that. I started eating a modified primal 8/20/12 - I do eat diary but no legumes or starches.

Your location: south of Boston, MA

Age (If you want): 54-55

How Primal are you: mostly. Had been just about 100% for about a year with great results (lost weight, felt better) but then ate some bad carbs and have been struggling since. Jumping back into the river now.

Do you consume dairy: yes -milk, cheese, sour cream and butter. too much cheese so that is one thing that I am also planning on reducing

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee - yes but only 1st thing in the morning. tea's - I like herbals at times

Motivator for switching to Primal: health. weight loss, help with peri- and menopausal symptoms, more energy, better moods

Favorite exercise: walkings

Favorite Primal food: chicken and fish

Best part about being Primal: I LOVE chicken and fish. Feeling really good when I am on track

Worst part about being Primal: My primary social activities include eating out and having a few drinks.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fitness and weight loss

Favorite exercise: Yoga, rollerblading and lifting weights

Favorite Primal food: Omelet made with omega-3 eggs from cage-free hens and stuffed with a revolving variety of diced meats and vegetables. Served with fresh, mild, natural salsa.

Best part about being Primal: Knowing I'm nourishing my mind and spirit with every act of nourishing my body. And, oh yes, dropping over 100 pounds of unwanted body fat in two years!

Worst part about being Primal: There is no "worst" part. In fact, there's no bad part at all. It's all good!

Comment

• Hello everyone!

I'm new to this primal thing, and strictly speaking I'm more just starting out on a low-card diet (1 week into it) rather than being strictly "primal," but this looked like a good place to discuss this anyway.

I have had my cat on something approaching the feline equivalent of a primal diet for some 4 years, with good results. Hence my screen name. Anyway here's the questions:

Your location: Everett, WA

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: Don't really know yet. Only a week into it.

Do you consume dairy: Some.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Multiple. The "straw that broke the camel's back" was a week ago Friday, when I was watching the opening ceremonies for the Winter Olympics. I saw all these healthy-looking young people parading down the runway and said to myself, "Damn, I really gotta get myself looking like that!" But I've been reading about paleo diets and low-carb diets for a while and had been considering it anyway.

Favorite exercise: Does sleep count?

Favorite Primal food: Don't know yet.

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Anyway I've got some questions I want to ask later.
          I can't think of a catchy journal title but click here anyway.

Comment

• Your location: Louisiana

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Every now and then I will eat some cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: YES. Usually with coconut oil in it

Motivator for switching to Primal: just did a Paleo challenge for a month. Down 12lbs and will continue to eat Paleo

Favorite exercise: Lifting and running. Cross fit in a few months

Favorite Primal food: Seafood

Best part about being Primal: all of the meat

Worst part about being Primal: all of the veggies

Comment

• Hi! I'm Chuck. I am tired of being overweight and feeling crappy. I love good food and am working on re-defining what that is. I am also a heavy drinker.

Your location: Vancouver, Canada

How Primal are you: mostly, depending on how orthodox you count it. I just started the Whole30 three weeks ago. I will use fish sauce with sugar in it. I still use soy sauce. I am just not that concerned about a few teaspoons of sauces a week.

Do you consume dairy: So far, yes. Mostly cheese and butter and not a lot of cheese. Veggies in butter are hard to say no to. I'd eat sour cream and yoghurt. I've never been much of a milk drinker.

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup of home roasted coffee in the morning and 1 tablespoon of Taiwanese green tea leaves consumed over the rest of the day (e.g. several cups of progressive weaker tea).

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, energy and general health.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Bacon! Well, pretty much any good meat.

Best part about being Primal: I no longer throw up every morning. I like that.

Worst part about being Primal: Listening to my wife complain about not being able to eat rice.

Comment

• I inexplicably and mysteriously lost 4 pounds since I posted this yesterday!
                Originally posted by JohnAndHisCat View Post
                Hello everyone!

I'm new to this primal thing, and strictly speaking I'm more just starting out on a low-card diet (1 week into it) rather than being strictly "primal," but this looked like a good place to discuss this anyway.

I have had my cat on something approaching the feline equivalent of a primal diet for some 4 years, with good results. Hence my screen name. Anyway here's the questions:

Your location: Everett, WA

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: Don't really know yet. Only a week into it.

Do you consume dairy: Some.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Multiple. The "straw that broke the camel's back" was a week ago Friday, when I was watching the opening ceremonies for the Winter Olympics. I saw all these healthy-looking young people parading down the runway and said to myself, "Damn, I really gotta get myself looking like that!" But I've been reading about paleo diets and low-carb diets for a while and had been considering it anyway.

Favorite exercise: Does sleep count?

Favorite Primal food: Don't know yet.

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Anyway I've got some questions I want to ask later.
                I can't think of a catchy journal title but click here anyway.

Comment

• Hi friends.

greetings from India!

India
                  Begining
                  No
                  Green tea
                  Tim Ferris
                  yoga
                  not yet discovered
                  Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                  In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Do you consume dairy:

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Favorite exercise:

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Overland Park, KS

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: Half and Half mainly.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Both!

Motivator for switching to Primal:Watched the DVD Fat Head and my world forever changed.

Favorite exercise:Walking and pilates.

Favorite Primal food:Steak

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better

Comment

• My name is Joey and I'm new to this.

Your location: Chattanooga

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Newbie. Clearing out the pantry and whatnot.

Do you consume dairy: Butter and some greek yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and herbal tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: All the science makes sense towards a healthier lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Currently my favorite is bodyweight HIIT routines.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon! Actually probably Bison steaks.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better physically already.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing yet, but probably missing pasta dishes.

Comment

• Hi My name is Sherry and I have been eating Primal for a month now. I do have Dairy in the form of heavy cream in my coffee in the AM. Other than that I do not eat any Grains, legumes, etc. I occasionally eat macadamia nuts in a pesto dish. I have a large amount of weight to lose, my reason for beginning this. I have been doing crossfit type exercises/push, pull, planks etc everyday for about 25 minutes/day. I do enjoy eating this way, very much. The recipes that I have been using are enjoyed by the family as well. My only concern or problem at this time is that I have lost 6lbs but I think it is only lean muscle as I had been using a fat caliper, on a previous "diet"-clean eating lifestyle really, and it has actually gone up. (3mm) My clothes don't feel looser yet, but it is only a month. I am concerned about my BF% going up. I only consume 50g of carbs per day, green/leafy or non starch, and I add 1 tbsp. of either bacon fat or coconut oil to my meals if it is called for in cooking. My protein consumption is between 4-6 oz of meat and/or 8 oz of fish. Should I change this someway or is this normal for a newbie?

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Wilmington, DE

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: 60%, and getting better.

Do you consume dairy: some cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss/overall health

Favorite exercise: Crossfit-type training

Favorite Primal food: Steak, pork, Brussels sprouts!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better

Worst part about being Primal: seems I am left unsatisfied after eating sometimes

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• I'm Marc, nickname is Fez. If you're from England then my surname is Ferraby so that'll make sense for you! There is an explanation for non-English people if you need it! Oh, and I'm new to the Paleo/Primal scene.

I'm now into my forties, 5' 8" and have been overweight for far too long. When I was young through college I was skin & bones that turned into pretty fit due to the many sports I was involved with. In college I was the karate club captain (trained 5xweek), badminton co-captain (3xweek) and played indoor soccer at least 2xweek, I stopped swimming though as there wasn't enough time! Food was college provided, so it was the basics and you really didn't want "extras"!! Needless to say I was 140lb at 5' 8" and all lean muscle.

Graduated, moved to the USA, and got married. Found brownies, Ben & Jerry's, NY style cheesecake, and good eating out food etc.!! Got a job, got a commute, got lazy. Continued to play soccer weekly (in season), continued to gain weight steadily. At various points I started self-fitness that turned into a gym membership. For different reasons those seasons would pass. I would get up toward 190lb and then over the course of a few months I'd work my way back down. It might have been an injury or a work schedule, but the fitness routine would eventually fall to the side. Each time my high weight would go up, and my down weight would also increase.

Fast forward 20+ years, I hit 200lb. P90X got me down to 190lb before "hotfoot" did a number on my calf muscles and I could barely walk let alone exercise. A year later I hit 210lb. "2014, this will be my year. I have access to a small gym at my new work, and they encourage you to work out at lunch. I have no excuses". Got sick at Christmas and lost 5lb, well at least it's a start! Wife books a vaca for just the two of us. First time since we've had children (5, oldest is 16) that we'll go on holiday on our own. It's a beach one and will involve snorkeling and diving and well yes alone time!! We normally do a lot of camping with the odd "big" trip every few years. 2005 was a business trip to Hawaii, we took the 3 children we had at the time. I looked like a beached whale in the photos - they really don't lie! 2011 was Disney - wore a too large reef/rash guard surf top to help hide the belly when in the water, a too large t-shirt the rest of the time. This trip WILL BE DIFFERENT!! Vanity aside, I know what fit feels like, albeit a distant memory. I need to drop 50+ lb's, but more importantly I need to get healthy again.

The Questions:

Your location: Hiram, OH

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: just started, maybe 80-90?

Do you consume dairy: a dash of 2% milk in my am tea, some cheese here and there, plain Greek yoghurt in phases

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yorkshire Tea in the am, another in the evening if it's Fri/Sat (old habit!)

Motivator for switching to Primal: wife booked a beach vacation for just the two of us for August (7 months notice!), not going to look like a beached whale like in previous vaca pictures; also been saying I'm going to get back to being fit for too long now!!

Favorite exercise: football (soccer), but not currently playing; currently M/W/F on the NerdFitness Advanced Bodyweight workout with T/Th being a 30 min interval cardio (Stairmaster, Treadmill, Elliptical - whichever is open)

Favorite Primal food: bacon, duh! But if $ wasn't so tight (5 kids) it would be steak more often!

Best part about being Primal: just started, but it seems to be a really easy plan, no calories to count and good food to eat

Worst part about being Primal: I still would like ice cream, cheesecake, brownies, chocolate, cookies etc. As it's still early days, all of that food is staple for the rest of my family, and so is in the fridge/cupboard! So far I've been successful though. Thankfully the kids love bacon and while my wife thinks this sounds like a crazy plan, I anticipate her changing her mind when the results prove out!

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location:

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

90%

Do you consume dairy:

grass fed butter, and some parmesan cheese every now and then

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Bullet proof coffee in the mornings and one expreso after lunch

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Weight loss and health.

Favorite exercise:

Insanity

Favorite Primal food:

Steak, butter, avocado, bacon, everything really.

Best part about being Primal:

I feel better

I still have cravings, like a latte or chocolate milk.

Comment

• Goodness, this is long overdue! I've spent way too long feeling like a voyeur, reading people's journals. I've benefited so much from this forum, it's time for me to finally participate!

Hi, I'm Maggie.

How Primal are you: 80-90% I'd guess. I can't afford grass fed anything right now, but I generally stick to meat, veg, and fruit. Sometimes dark chocolate, at least 70 percent and I'm picky about ingredients too. Soy is really everywhere nowadays! Oh, during special occasions I'll indulge, only after asking myself if I really want to though.

Do you consume dairy: I cook with butter, other than that not really. My skin looks better IMO and I just don't feel the urge to eat it. I sometimes miss full fat quark though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Lots of tea, coffee affects my sleep so I avoid it. Love it though.

Motivator for switching to Primal: originally weight loss, now just for health and maintenance

Favorite exercise: kick boxing and belly dancing

Favorite Primal food: roasted chicken (that skin!) with any roasted vegetables...it's so easy and delicious.

Best part about being Primal: freedom. Freedom from sugar and binge eating disorder.

Worst part about being Primal: It's difficult socially. It's difficult to explain and sometimes I feel like a total snob.

Comment

Working...
                                X