X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone

Your Location: VA

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: I'd say about 75% right now and looking to get better at it!

Do you consume dairy: Grass-fed butter, cream, small amounts of cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Organic coffee, looking to get rid of my afternoon cup and stick to one a day. I love rooibos tea also!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Get rid of breakouts, balance hormones, improve my energy levels, eliminate my constant hunger and snacking. I'm at a good weight but I'd like to maintain it easily.

Favorite exercise: I've done a lot of races but I don't love to run- I'd say walking and going bowling with my friends if that counts!

Favorite Primal food: A huge bucket of crab, chicken curry and fajita salads

Best part about being Primal: Knowing it works and I don't have to search for the answer to health anymore.

Worst part about being Primal: It's expensive- especially trying to fill up my husband's plate without grains (for cheap). Feeling bad when coworkers or family offer me something I don't want because I don't like to preach about diet.
    Last edited by IHeartJuicing; 05-10-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location:

Ohio

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

I hunt for my own red meat or buy from a local farmer that raises his cows on grass cut from my fields on my deer hunting property. I am going to learn fly fishing this summer.

Do you consume dairy: yes, butter, yogurt, cheese, and half and half or DHA organic milk in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was too heavy. I had high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I began reading a lot to find more effective ways of dealing with both. I had always said that it was hereditary and my Dr. basically told me that given this, there was little to be done other than drugs...BS...no more drugs. Starting weight of 255, now 225 and dropping to 200 (my high school weight)

Favorite exercise: cross trainer at lunch time...push ups/pull ups.

Favorite Primal food: I love all food, but have found that Nilgai (an Asian Antelope now free ranging in South Texas) is an excellent source of meat!

Best part about being Primal: Read my signature...It makes sense with who I am as a person. I am a Hunter and this allows me to embrace all the healthy aspects of being a hunter.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing so far

Comment

• Your location: Regina, SK

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Just starting out, dabbled in Paleo off and on

Do you consume dairy: Yes, Cream in coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was always active,and could convince myself that I could eat what I wanted to, since I was young and fit that it didn't matter, now that I have retired from the military, I feel the weight and age creeping up on me, and need to make a change, hate what I have started to look like

Favorite exercise: Crossfit

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I am a terrible cook, but primal recipes allow me to do the best I can and they still taste great, and bacon

Worst part about being Primal: Convincing the Wife and kids to eat the same, me and my wife try it all the time, but we always cave after at most a week, this time will be different though

Comment

• Your location: Belgium

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: no grains at all, no cheat meals, just some dairy, a glass of wine a few times a year, and the very occasional handful of salted peanuts or spoon of hummus.

Do you consume dairy: yes, butter & raw milk (a bit in my morning tea) daily, heavy cream, cheese & yogurt on occasion.

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea, one, or sometimes two cups in the morning. and well, lots of herbal tea during the day, but I guess that doesn't count.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Both general health issues, IBS, hormonal imbalance, low energy levels & weight loss, or rather fat loss. I'm at a decent weight already, but am still in the skinny fat zone.

Favorite exercise: dancing! and yoga.

Favorite Primal food: duck and fresh trout. and bacon. yes. bacon!

Best part about being Primal: sleeping better, having more energy, and knowing i'm doing good for myself and the planet.

Worst part about being Primal: having to explain over. and. over. and. over again why I don't eat grains. No pulses either? Why? Is there anything you CAN eat?
          Last edited by LoraEwinaga; 02-13-2014, 08:29 AM.
          Lora

obligatory introduction
          journal

Comment

• Hi everyone!!!
            I've been reading Mark's site for several months, & have been making dietary changes to become more Primal. This Sun., feb. 16, I will be 62. In honor of myself, I'm doing the 30 day Primal challenge! My biggest concern is the exercise. I've lost some cartiledge in my right knee & need to release about 95 lbs. I'm 5'3" & currently weigh 245 lbs. ( Five years ago I weighed 320 lbs.) My concern is finding some exercise that doesn't challenge the knee. Yoga sometimes works, belly dance isolations sometimes work, as does Tai Chi. It's winter here in Alberta & my footing is a bit tricky. So, I'm open to all suggestions. Also, can anyone recommend Primal friendly winter foot wear? In answer to the "Worst part of being Primal"; vegetables. I can handle fruits & veggies in the warm months but not in the winter. It's as though my system shifts gears or something. Nayway, thanks to everyone. I'm going to look at starting a Primal journal on this site.
            Sara Stewart

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: I try to be as primal as possible... I do indulge in dark chocolate and wine

Do you consume dairy: I only consume cheese and it's maybe once or twice a month

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, but trying to quick coffee. It's hard

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have celiac disease in my family and I have a skin auto immune disease, PCOS, arthritis, and asthma. All of which have become alot better since changing.

Favorite exercise: Yoga... hands down!

Favorite Primal food: Steak, really all meat but steak for sure!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling amazing

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling tired and unsatisfied after eating

Comment

• Your location: Birmingham, Alabama

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: Very much a newbie

Do you consume dairy: Actually, I do but not much. I could easily do without it. We'll see. :-)

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink coffee in the morning; I grind my own beans. Herbal teas? Love them too.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It just makes sense.

Favorite exercise: I enjoy running ... working with weights.

Favorite Primal food: at this point I would say a juicy steak with grilled or steamed veggies. I'm very hungry as I type this!

Best part about being Primal: There's a large community out there of others I can learn from. Best part though ... cooking and eating healthy, nutrient rich foods. What can be better than that?

Worst part about being Primal: Knowing exactly where to begin. It seems a tad overwhelming at the moment.

Comment

• Your location: Ontario Canada

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Not primal enough?

Do you consume dairy: rarely. Just whey protein and greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, sometimes coffee and a lot of green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: spiritual awakenings lol

Favorite exercise: Tricky bodyweight balancing exercises, handstands, backflips, etc. fun stuff

Favorite Primal food: Sardines

Best part about being Primal: Having fun with nature

Worst part about being Primal: cant think of anything bad at the moment

Comment

• Your location: Switzerland

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Not that much yet, I tried Whole30, and liked to loose easily weight and eat less food and have hardly any cravings for sweets. I did not have more energy however, which I really hoped for. But just seeing, how I easily overeat on a normal diet, brings me back to make paleo/primal to my main eating habit. (I still like some unhealthy food, however I donít want it to let it be my main food source) I canít say yet, if I can make primal to my main eating habit or not.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, and I think I will stay on that. I think many things may be easily be replaced with coconut milk. (for example making ice cream with coconut milk) But I also like cheese and yogurt and kefir. (Especially kefir I could eat daily)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to tea, coffee I like just with much sugar. (And I drink sugary, I think I prefer a hot chocolate or so)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Loosing weight, have less or no cravings ( I wish I could say health too, but I didnít really feel healthier, when i tried whole30.)

Favorite exercise: Not really one favorite, I do like doing exercises however. (I go to the fitness studio)

Favorite Primal food: Kale, Coconut milk, Almond Butter, Shrimps, Blueberries and so on (I really like most stuff, since I wouldnĎt eat anything, which I donít like, I can just eat favorite food)

Best part about being Primal: Eating healthy and loose weight easily.

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to eat everything I like.

Comment

• Your location: St Lucia

Age (If you want):28

How Primal are you: I am currently living in a hotel and i am relying on buffet food. There is always a big salad bar and they normally have a just meet option. I cant control the quality of the food and what might be in some of the sauces but i am trying to stick to primal as much as i can with my available options. I have just completed my second week of primal fitness. Before that i have just completed a training plan to get back into running where i managed to be running 15 miles a week which i have now ditched (hopefully for the better

Do you consume dairy: Yes but i have cut it down.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee but not much, again trying to cut down.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be strong, i love that stat that if you can be at level 4 for the primal movements you will be 1/1000! when i have kids i want to be able to out run them for as long as possible, i have a 23 year old girl friend and i want to keep up with her haha

Favorite exercise: Push ups, i am on knee push ups and cant do 50 in a row yet but i did a set of 30 for the first time this morning. I can also see the difference already from doing them.

Favorite Primal food: I am loving all the meat but i found out that red peppers are my favorite peppers. I have been trying to explore my veggies and would never of had a favorite kind of pepper before.

Best part about being Primal: I have been having nice big plates of good food and the first time i have not felt hungry and skipped a meal and not even worried about it.

Worst part about being Primal: Some times after i eat about 30 min later i am feeling like i am hungry. I can feel that my stomach is full but i am still feeling hungry which i am guessing is my body still craving something. It passes but takes quite a bit of self control sometimes to get through it and i am hoping it will pass soon.

Not sure if Mark will see this but I just wanted to say thank you to you and your team for all the amazing information you have available for free on this site. I have bought the book but there is always something new to learn about it so please keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous View Post

The Questions:

Your location: Military Deployed prefer not to say (Tampa, FL before deploying)

Age (If you want): Just turned 40

How Primal are you: 90% Military dining facility dependent (meaning having to pull breading off meat and shrimp) I do have salsa on eggs occasionally, and occasionally mushrooms and onions and peppers with my steak.

Do you consume dairy: Very little

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health reasons for my family, but for support I jumped in with both feet and it has been beneficial for us all.

Favorite exercise: Martial Arts and Running

Favorite Primal food: Homemade Bratwurst (from scratch)

Best part about being Primal: Being in significantly better shape and health than most of my seniors, peers and subordinates. I love going to the doctor for a check up and him telling me my health is better than some 25 year olds he sees.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to pass the dessert table. Man I miss me some cheesecake sometimes.

Comment

• Hello everyone. My name is Clare, I'm 34 and I'm about to go primal! Just getting everything ready and my meals planned. I hope to start next week and I'm really looking forward to it. My aim is to end years of poor health - it certainly sounds like many others have achieved just that. Losing a few pounds is a welcome bonus too! I live in Rotherham England - is there anyone else close by?

Comment

• I think I signed up for the wrong forum. I was looking for a forum on Dr Perlmutter's book, Grain Brain.

Comment

How Primal Are You: Mostly? I think? Still working out the details...

Do you drink coffee or tea: Heck yes.

Do you eat dairy: Small amounts of cheese almost daily, but nothing else normally.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I needed to finally get my diet under control and Primal has been working great.

Favorite exercise: Lifting, hiking

Favorite Primal food: Just happy with the veg heavy recipies, too many good choices to pick from.

Best thing about being Primal: No sugar crashes, no food comas, great cookbooks.

Worst thing: Significant reduction in alcohol consumption... Also a postive change...

Comment

Do you consume dairy: try not to

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivation for swithching to primal: health problems

Comment

Working...
                                X