Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, my name is Antonio, I have been lurking for some time and thought I should introduce myself.

How primal: I'm pretty much primal. After um month of serious paleo I indulged in a banana cake with frosting. Next day I was low on energy and wanting more sweets.

I consume cheese and ocasionally full fat milk (twice a week).

I drink coffee and tea.

Motivator: health.

I used to go to the gym everyday, and on weekends I play 2 hours of water volleyball (after going to the gym). But now I go just three times a week to the gym and walk a lot.

Favorite primal food: meats, avocado, coconut.

Best part about being primal: increased energy, not craving foods anymore, not hungry.

Comment

• Your location: Pacific NW

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: Pretty primal - it seems to come naturally

Do you consume dairy: a little - whole fat goat's milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee mostly but im weaning

Motivator for switching to Primal: improved health

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: coconut!!!

Best part about being Primal: takes a bit of discipline

Worst part about being Primal: takes a bit of discipline

Comment

• Your location: Pacific NW

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: Pretty primal - it seems to come naturally

Do you consume dairy: a little - whole fat goat's milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee mostly but im weaning

Motivator for switching to Primal: improved health

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: coconut!!!

Best part about being Primal: takes a bit of discipline

Worst part about being Primal: takes a bit of discipline

Comment

• I live in southern California. I'm 50, done with menopause and not on any HRT. Belly fat has my attention. For six months I've been with a local CrossFit gym and liking the variety and intensity twice a week. Other days off I cycle (20-25 hilly miles) or golf. I walk a lot in the classroom every day. Endorphins are my favorite, however they are packaged.
          Primal - well, in six weeks at CrossFit, I lost 7% body fat, mainly from diet, though I am getting much stronger.
          Diet: I've abandoned bread of all kinds, so butter, jam and cheese also left the building. Pasta is a rare visitor. So is rice, potatoes and other starches. I still eat some oatmeal and quinoa - maybe once a week. I like meat, esp. beef, so that part has been easy. Bacon! I don't like beef jerky. Nuts are a snack. With dark chocolate and it's dessert.
          I eat veggies - wedge salad, grated carrot and cider vinegar/olive oil dressing and a few slices of cold roast beef or leftover filet. This is a typical lunch. Or hard-boiled eggs, spinach salad and a few tomatoes. No packaged dressing.
          A whole grapefruit before bed - eat it like an orange. Not much other fruit. I'm not a milk drinker. Sometimes I'll have a little plain non-fat Greek yogurt if my stomach is upset. No cheese.
          1 glass of red wine with dinner. I get buzzed faster now.
          No sodas, diet or otherwise. No mixed cocktails.
          I drink a large strong coffee each morning, with stevia and a dash of half (fat free 1/2 1/2).
          I'm not religious, about religion, fitness or diet. To keep anything from becoming an obsession, I allow one day a week to eat some bad stuff. I find I don't care to or I choose small amounts.
          Best part - I don't have the sugar crash/high cycle. Carbs do me in. My guts are cleaner - no heavy feeling in the core. Everyone says I'm looking very good for 50.
          Worst part - my boyfriend isn't all in - likes the idea but one trip to Costco and it's dangerous in the house.

Comment

• Hi everyone. My name is Delma and I am a 54yr old T2 diabetic.
            I live in N. Ireland with my husband and 2 sons.
            I started Primal because I am diabetic and need to loose 25lbs.
            I drink tea with milk, do not eat any processed foods or sugars.
            I eat full butter and free range eggs.
            I cannot do lower body exercises because I am disabled but can exercise my upper body.
            My hope is that I can reduce my need for diabetic medicines.
            I luv Primal because I love my fruit and veg.
            I dislike Primal because I miss my potatoes.

I think I am doing something wrong cos I am losing very little weight. How much meat, veg and fruit can I eat?
            I have already dropped my fruit intake but only lost 1lb this week.
            Getting frustrated. Please help me anyone. Thanks,

Comment

• Your location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just starting to learn, apparently not that much adjustment required. I gave up, with some rare treats here and there, processed foods about a year ago. When I say processed, I mean things that are unrecognizable..so I'll eat beef jerkey but not rice krispies.

Do you consume dairy: very little

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Been stuck at the same body composition for about a year now after losing ~35 lbs. I've gotten stronger..much stronger, but still have a fat belly. Also, while I do love bread I've realized it's pretty much my trigger food. One bite of a fresh loaf of bread = the whole loaf. So...no more of that.

Favorite exercise: I've been enjoying lifting weights, to a lesser extent running or hiking and surfing

Favorite Primal food: If it came out of the water, I love it.

Best part about being Primal: Meat good.

Worst part about being Primal:Not sure what to snack on/cost.

Comment

• Hello everyone!

Your location: Ireland

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: Fully primal (2 weeks as of 07 Feb 14)

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Favorite exercise: running / yoga

Favorite Primal food: fillet mignon / any green veggie!

Best part about being Primal: overall how I feel

Worst part about being Primal: not loosing the weight it seems I should be… not sure why (week 1 - 2 lb; week 2 + 1 lb)

I had posted on another thread about my frustration on the last bit… would very much like to loose 10 lbs and am frustrated it does not seem to be working as it does for others. I'm following the 40% protein; 40% veggies; 20% nuts/seed/dairy/fruit rule. I am not eating any high carb veggies (potatoes, butternut squash) and am almost finished with the 21 Day Transformation book…. Help!!

Many thanks
                René

Comment

• Hi Delma -

Me too on the weight loss frustration! I've posted below… hope someone gets back to us. Hang in there!!!

BEST
                  René

Comment

• Hi! Jojo here from Melbourne, Australia.
                    How Primal are you: I dunno how primal i am. lol. I'm a work in progress
                    Do you consume dairy? I do - cream, cheese no milk
                    Do you drink coffee or tea? I drink coffee with cream, i drink tea with almond milk
                    Motivator: I'm already no sugar no grains so this is just a part of that
                    Favourite exercise: I love to swim and i love to run
                    Favourite primal food: bacon and eggs

Comment

• HI Everyone,

I need help with going low carb and losing weight this is where I am stuck. I really live a primal/paleo life but I need to learn so much about blood sugar and insulin regulation and burning fat as my primary source and finding my long term groove that is effective and fully healthful. I have been on this journey for 10 months and I feel amazing, but i still have 8
                      kg to lose
                      The Questions:

Your location: Perth Hills Western Australia

Age (If you want):40

How Primal are you: Always striving for 100%

Do you consume dairy:Raw milk and cream sometimes

Do you drink coffee or tea: This is my weakness real strong espresso

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, more energy and weight loss

Favorite exercise:weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: Salmon

Best part about being Primal:NO MIGRAINES Fits with my philosophy of life, tread lightly, move well and eating organic and un tampered food that nourishes you.

Worst part about being Primal: Traveling and flying getting real food on the run

Comment

• Tina here from Wiltshire UK.
                        How Primal are you: I'm a work in progress but I'm getting to grips with things.
                        Do you consume dairy? I do - cream, cheese no milk
                        Do you drink coffee or tea? I drink coffee with cream, black or with coconut milk
                        Motivator: weigh loss and fitness.
                        Favourite exercise: i love running
                        Favourite primal food: Steak
                        Best part about primal: feeling healthier already and only 2 weeks in.
                        Worst part is cost and ideas for food, I'm not very imaginative!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                        Last edited by goldie71; 02-08-2014, 05:09 AM.

Comment

• Questions:

Your location:Maine

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: 90% ish

Do you consume dairy: Cream and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight Loss

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: When I stick to it 100%, I have far more energy

Worst part about being Primal: I feel like I'm always cooking

Comment

• Your location:San Diego, California

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you:95%

Do you consume dairy: very occasional

Do you drink coffee or tea: occasional green tea (once a week or so)

Motivator for switching to Primal: constant food/sugar/fat cravings...Also healing from Lyme disease/chronic fatigue syndrome

Favorite exercise: I sprint all out 30 seconds, two or three reps once a week. Other than that, exercise is contraindicated and makes me worse...I have trouble just stand up or sitting upright, or walking across a parking lot due to extreme fatigue. If distracted such as during shopping, I can meander in a store for 15 minutes, then lay down and rest in car for 15. I often do this several times per day. If I ride the bus, I end up walking more, but it makes me worse. (Krebs cycle is not working in chronic fatigue syndrome/Lyme).

Favorite Primal food: Rare steak with sea salt and maybe extra fat too like olive or coconut oil

Best part about being Primal: the hope of getting blood sugar stabilized again. I did paleo (raw) 15 years ago and it worked. Having trouble now, about 3.5 weeks in as of 2/8/14)

Worst part about being Primal: the still constant exhaustion, worsened sleep, and cravings for more carbs and/or fat/salt.

Comment

• Hi guys, I'm a programmer living in Toronto. I live with my wife and my 5 month old daughter. My hobies are videogames, playing guitar and bass and photography. I am making music as a hobby.

Comment

• Hi, lve been doing paleo now for 4 weeks & have lost 13lbs, lm very happy with this but l dont have loads of energy like l expected, but my reason for going primal was l suffer from Chostochonderitis & l hoped the pain would go away but it hasn't yet. Does anyone else suffer from this ? Or know of anything else l can do, l have not had dairy, sugar or grains in the past 4 weeks. Could it just take longer for the inflammation to go away ??? Any advice please :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                                X