Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, I'm Nashville. I have been on a ten year quest for relief from a host of health problems that left me with oppressive fatigue, chronic pain, depression, and a lot of excess weight. Conventional Wisdom and a host of prescription drugs left me in worse shape than before, so I quit the medicines and headed out on my own. Along the way I have tried lots of things that didn't help (including a couple of years as a vegan) and a few that surprisingly did help. Acupuncture got me headed in the right direction. Restorative yoga and meditation are good for me. I walk or swim regularly. I take a number of supplements and I finally sleep now. Over the last four years I had lost 20 pounds. I found PB in October and made some substantial changes in the way I eat. Since then I have lost another 25 pounds and have less pain. I have a long way to go, but I think at 52 I am finally headed in the right direction.

Comment

• Hi everyone, I am Vanessa, 30 years old, from Luxemburg, currently living in Venezuela.

I have just started the primal lifestyle although I think I have been living quite healthy and exercising most part of my life. Now I have stopped eating grains and legumes. As I have never been a fan of processed foods or sugar this is not really a problem for me now going primal.

My motivation for going primal is just being and staying healthy and in good shape.
      My favourite exercise is Kung Fu, I also do some light cardio and a lot of core training.
      I have reduced my daily coffee consume but drink still two or three cups a day with a little bit ob brown sugar ...

I basically hope to balance sugar and insulin levels through primal diet, but weight loss is not really an issue for me.

Comment

• Hi my name is Cathy... new to forum ... but Primal for 3 years... moving on to Paleo because of dairy issues.

The Questions:

Your location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you:
        100 percent primal

Do you consume dairy:
        Trying to stop because of issues

Do you drink coffee or tea:
        Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:
        Professor Tim Noakes made a lot of sense talking about carb intolerance.. which eventually led me to Mark's Daily Apple

Favorite exercise:
        HIIT and Yoga

Favorite Primal food:
        Avocado

Best part about being Primal:
        Feeling incredibly healthy and in control

Worst part about being Primal:
        No worst part!!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Hi! Finally getting around to introducing myself. Love all the information and debates on the forum. The site has been a big help. I'm now 99% primal. Had trouble for 3 years with sugar cravings and bread cravings. Now i do much better now that i introduced more starches and liver in my diet in the past 3 months. Night and day difference! Only problem now is annoying gas whenever i eat large salads or cruciferous veggies. I never had problems with gas until t his past year. Cut back and replaced with more meat and starches and doing much better. I miss my large salads though.

Your location: NYC

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: 99%

Do you consume dairy: yes, but just a little every now and then

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, 2 cups with splash of cream & stevia.

Motivator for switching to Primal: clean up unhealthy diet b4 having children. Have 2 girls now.

Favorite exercise: strength training- lower body

Favorite Primal food: rare steak

Best part about being Primal: hardly ever get sick

Worst part about being Primal: not alot of variety in my cooking. Im a really lazy chef too.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Jersey Shore,NJ

Age (If you want):34

How Primal are you: I literally just finished The Primal Blueprint last night. Reading it,I realized whenever I work out,I eat essentially primal. I just didn't know it was called that. I'm more looking to transition it into an everyday lifestyle

Do you consume dairy: On occasion. I do love ice cream, the occasional Greek Yogurt and does Whey Protein count? I eat that a lot!

Do you drink coffee or tea: black coffee or green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: honestly,I was liking for a way to he'll my girlfriend get away from relying on her asthma inhaler so much, and to help her lose weight and get in shape. That's when I discovered Marks book...

Favorite exercise: Deadlift

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: Did the fact going Primal encourages being barefoot count?👣

Worst part about being Primal: I work in a prison where we aren't supposed to bring our own food in, so finding healthy choices of food can be difficult at times

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Your location: Asheville, NC

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: I'm half way through the book now. I'll probably be 80% or so, which will work but it's too restrictive as I travel heavily.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, cream in my coffee and some milk. Moving towards local full fat milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, either a cup or two each morning. Working on cutting back to a single cup per day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: At my last checkup (October) my cholesterol was up as is my weight. I never really noticed until I hit the scale. It's winter here and I wear a lot of sweaters and sweatshirts which hide things. My doc said that I really needed to lose some weight. I'm 5'11", 205. I wear it well but I really have no desire to get old and be like this. I'm active and I think losing weight will really help me do what I want to do. Like SUP shirtless and maybe skate more.

Favorite exercise: Hiking. I love to just hit the mountains here and walk walk walk. I used to run but I never got into it, I am thinking about starting up again once it's a tad warmer.

Favorite Primal food: Local beef. Steaks are the best but there is something so tasty about real grass fed beef.

Best part about being Primal: No more Dunkin Donuts!

Worst part about being Primal: No more Dunkin Donuts!

Comment

How primal: consume too many sugar goods at the mo

Dairy: Love cheese

Tea/coffee: Black tea & black coffee

Food: Any meat

Exercise: Love running and thinking

Best part about going HFLC is the ability to burn fat as a fuel. . . Love running ultras

Worst part would be I love roast dinners with roast potatoes . . Lush

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Your location: West of England

How Primal are you: Over 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, although not much.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, drink white tea but only drink coffee occasionally since I like it with sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal: Was moving towards primal over a few years as I had IBS type issues and was trying different tweaks with my diet. Cut out wheat but gradually moved towards cutting out all grains

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: steak and greens

Best part about being Primal: Feeling amazing

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out

Comment

• Thought I'd take a quick minute to introduce myself.

Your location: North Carolina

How Primal are you: Just beginning

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Neither at the moment

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to live a healthier life. Two little girls being one motivator as well. I'd like to be around a long time for them.

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: I like red meat although I don't eat as much of it as I should.

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet.

Worst part about being Primal: First guess would be giving up the SAD foods. I eat a lot of grains currently so I'm sure that is going to be tough to give up.

Comment

• Hi All

Your location: Nashville, TN

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Just started two weeks ago, but 100% so far. Trying to do it right for thirty days before possibly adding back dairy. Odd, but I'm not missing bread yet.

Do you consume dairy: Not at the moment, but I didn't realize my whey protein was dairy at first lol!

Do you drink coffee or tea: The occasional espresso, nothing added.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I need to lose some weight and I don't want to diet. I was looking for a simple lifestyle change that didn't require a lot of tracking/effort. I've never been even remotely interested in a "low carb" diet, but not having to give up fruit, worry about the glycemic index, etc., Paleo/Primal has been way easier than expected. I also feel great

Favorite exercise: Anything outside. Hiking, biking, etc.

Favorite Primal food: Spaghetti with spaghetti squash instead of noodles...mmmMMMmmmm spaghetti squash! I'd never even tried it before going Paleo but it's darn good!

Best part about being Primal: Looking and feeling great! Effortless weight loss without depriving myself! I'd better stop now, the list could go on and on I think.

Worst part about being Primal: I've seen this in several posts but have to concur - the social aspect. Friends and family just don't get it, which is fine, but I get sick of being nagged. "You can't tell me you really don't miss pizza....". I don't. Really.

Comment

• Your location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Age (If you want): It is not compulsory to grow up, just older. 46.

How Primal are you: Just starting

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. Weight loss.

Favorite exercise: Lat pull down - but I can't do it at the moment.

Favorite Primal food: Meat + fat!

Best part about being Primal: not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal:

Comment

• In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: north Chicago suburbs

Age (If you want):35 (it is only a number)

How Primal are you: I've been eating primal since October. I'd say I'm 92% primal. I eat corn a couple tomes a week and I don't buy all grass fed, organic meats (can't afford it)

Do you consume dairy: nope...allergic

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: insulin resistance. Doc said I needed a low carb diet, and I was already dairy, soy, fish, potato, (allergies)and wheat free (thought it would help my colitis), so paleo just made sense.n

Favorite exercise: swimming, but I never get to do it. Right no, kickboxing

Favorite Primal food: nuts and portobello mushrooms

Best part about being Primal: how I feel and the weight loss.

Worst part about being Primal: too many recipes rely on coconut (my body hates it). I miss baked goods, although I am learning a few good recipes.

Comment

• Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Mostly!

Do you consume dairy: A splash in my coffee/tea

Do you drink coffee or tea: See above! Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Hoping it'll help a whole lot of physical problems and losing some weight would be wonderful.

Favorite exercise: Hooping!

Favorite Primal food: Hmmmm, coconut oil/meat/milk/cream etc etc.

Best part about being Primal: Less bloating!

Worst part about being Primal: Change is difficult, as is convincing my husband that I really am being healthy!

Comment

• Your location: Southwestern PA

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just starting the journey but have been very interested in it for a couple years. Have tried it for about a week at a time before.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but reducing it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: LOVE tea...unfortunately I LOVE LOVE LOVE Diet Coke more...weening off of that now.

Motivator for switching to Primal: continual health problems I KNOW are caused by CW...and to get healthy for my kids.

Favorite exercise: YOGA

Favorite Primal food: Avocado

Best part about being Primal: The mental clarity it provides.

Worst part about being Primal: being so very alone in my household while trying to get healthy.

Comment

• Your location: London

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: A newbie so just getting started!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, full-fat milk, a little cheese, a little butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea - trying to cut down the milk content and switch to more herbal teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Future health!

Favorite exercise: Zumba

Favorite Primal food: Most meats! I love a good steak and could happily live on chicken alone

Best part about being Primal: The health of my insides

Worst part about being Primal: Depriving my taste-buds. I just love the taste of a lot of naughty foods and I miss them :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X