X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: West Virginia, USA

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Going all in Friday (payday, need to hit the grocery store). Prior to, eh. I lift heavy things (including myself) and load up on meat ... but that's about it.

Do you consume dairy: Not much milk and far less cheese than I used to, aside from pizza of course. That will be coming to an abrupt halt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Can't stomach coffee. Do love my tea. Will need to learn to drink it without sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being unhealthy. I could say fat, but I've dealt with that for a while. I was never small, but when I was younger, lifting and playing sports gave me that burly Viking physique. Lack of sports and, subsequently, a decrease in exercise has seen that long since go away. I have an adventurous 6-year-old who needs daddy to be an optimal health for years to come. I could have said that at any point for the last six years. However, I recently started a better paying job, but one that has me working 4, 11-hour midnight shifts back to back. The sleep schedule has brought all the other health-related issues into the limelight. Time to get this ship back on course.

Favorite exercise: Lifting. I used to pine to be in the gym. It's still fun, but (for now) not as much as it used to be.

Favorite Primal food: Beef or eggs.

Best part about being Primal: I'll let you know, but I'm putting my money on being (eventually) in optimal physical and emotional health, all which will improve my and my daughter's lives.

Worst part about being Primal: I'll also let you know but I'm guessing, it will be the no carbs. In fact, I'll double down on that it will be no carbs. I relish the challenge.

Comment

• Your location: Southern California, USA

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: A week. Have planned my meals based on a paleo recipe book.

Do you consume dairy: Not really, only greek yogurt for salad dressings.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, but I've cut out my coffee intake, have only had it twice this week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: For better health and lose weight.

Favorite exercise: Interval Cardio

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Eating yummy steaks and bacon.

Worst part about being Primal: Not eating oatmeal, lentils, or beans.

Comment

• Your location: Cape Town, South Africa

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: getting there

Do you consume dairy: not at the moment

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: lose weight - general health and wellbeing

Favorite exercise: cardio - running and boxing

Favorite Primal food: probably chicken and fish

Best part about being Primal: not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal: had some headaches the last few days.

Comment

• Your location: Las Vegas, NV

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you: trying to be 100% primal

Do you consume dairy: yes, a little. I love Greek yogurt, but I am doing without it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm switching to Primal because my body can
          No longer handle processed foods, "bad carbs", sugars, etc.

Favorite exercise: walking on the treadmill

Favorite Primal food: avocado, steak, salmon, nuts

Best part about being Primal: feeling better without the refined and processed foods

Worst part about being Primal: trying to eat out at restaurants

Comment

• Your location: NY

Age (If you want): 17

How Primal are you: on a scale of Grok to Businessman i'm probably an aspiring Apache

Do you consume dairy: little to none

Do you drink coffee or tea: enough tea to sweat peppermint and piss green

Motivator for switching to Primal: preferable lifestyle and every inclination to just feel better in general i guess

Favorite exercise: parkour exercises ie rolls, burpees, indian runs, yoga

Favorite Primal food: raw food, fruits, seaweed, nuts

Best part about being Primal: everything i feel like a living artifact, mind over matter has become my entire lifestyle, fasting naked in the sun around some dinosaurs should a breeze

Worst part about being Primal: few friends brave or dedicated enough to join my efforts
            Last edited by lilbrok9; 03-31-2014, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• Your location:Texas

Age (If you want):18

How Primal are you: I am almost fully primal, apart from the odd glass of milk.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, not very often. I am trying to fully cut it out of my diet.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am a Type 1 Diabetic and was sick of the high BG levels I was getting.

Favorite exercise: Practice for Hockey, ice hockey of course.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, can't get enough.

Best part about being Primal: I my sugars have been wayy better since I switched.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing, I love it all.

Comment

• Your location: UK

Age (If you want):47

How Primal are you: Since April 2013 - trying to be 90/10

Do you consume dairy: Have just given up for a Whole 30

Do you drink coffee or tea: Drink coffee but limit tea as it doesn't agree with me

Motivator for switching to Primal: Originally for vanity - quest to lose weight - but now it's more about getting myself healthy (hoping the weight will just sort itself out in the process)

Favorite exercise: Yoga and walking

Favorite Primal food: Meat, meat and more meat!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling more alert

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling awful after most restaurant visits (what do they put in their food?)

Comment

• Hi Bee1981,

So nice to see someone else from South Africa. I am from Krugersdorp.

Good Luck
                  Anne-Marie

Comment

• Hey guys!

Your location: Manchester, UK

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: 95% so far

Do you consume dairy: One cup once a day (with whey protein shake)

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup a day with no sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying to lose weight, get fit and healthy, look good... but mainly to run the London Marathon in April!

Favorite exercise: Strength training

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: Weight loss and generally just feeling 'better'

Worst part about being Primal: I find it hard to vary my meals but that's me being lazy not down to a lack of options

Comment

• Trying to get back on track.

The Questions:

Your location: Texas

Age (If you want): 30s

How Primal are you: Went from 20% to 99% to 35%(end of 2013) and planning to go 99% again now.

Do you consume dairy: Gave up dairy a couple of years ago when I figured out it was causing me pain and that it wasn't that good for me (what I could buy locally anyways). Rice, grains, & breads make me feel HORRIBLE for 3-4 days after I eat them so I gave them up too.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I've never drank coffee before. I love tea, especially sweet/flavored tea. I had to quit it though because of the sugar and caffeine. As of 2014, I just added it back in to my diet - with a slice of ginger root.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was toned and a size 3/4 and ate CRAP everyday. I saw family members having heart attacks, diabetes, getting fat, etc and didn't want to go down that road. I didn't realize what I was doing was "primal" at first. I didn't have any issues at the time that started changing my diet for the better. I am having issues now for some weird reason (weight gain, thinning hair, nails chipping, dry skin...). I've been to the Dr. They say it's not a medial/hormone thing so I guess it could be my lack of drinking enough fluids, stress, eating crap for too long, etc. I dunno.

Favorite exercise: dancing, walking/hiking, swimming, lunges, tennis, basketball, baseball

Favorite Primal food: avocado, deer meat, fish, shrimp, bacon, watermelon (primal?)

Best part about being Primal: I feel GREAT when I'm doing mostly primal.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm finding it hard to buy quality meats/foods, and trying to afford the ones I can locate.

My goal: Try to figure out what "broke" and what will work for --me-- so I can get fit/toned again.

Comment

• Your location: Jamestown, NY

Age (If you want):28

How Primal are you:I've been primal since December 8th and in that time I've lost 34lbs and 5 inches off my waist.

Do you consume dairy:No dairy

Do you drink coffee or tea:No

Motivator for switching to Primal:Stepped on the scales and was disgusted with what I saw. Started a competition with some employees because I know competition motivates me.

Favorite exercise:I enjoy an Insanity group class that I attend.

Favorite Primal food:Eggs

Best part about being Primal:How good I feel, how good I look, how great is primal!

Worst part about being Primal:I do miss pasta considering I'm a restaurant manager at an Italian restaurant.

Comment

• G'day

Your location: Wellington, New Zealand
                          Age (If you want): 44
                          How Primal are you: Not very. Yet. Still a grain addict but planning to reform.
                          Do you consume dairy: Yes.
                          Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, mostly coffee.
                          Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight issues. But also wanting to move to a MUCH healthier lifestyle.
                          Favorite exercise: Running (when not injured). Otherwise anything that works up a good sweat, or a really long walk. Used to enjoy going to the gym but between injury & having small kids that's not happening right now.
                          Favourite Primal food: Nuts
                          Best part about being Primal: Better diet/fuel for my body.
                          Worst part about being Primal: Being grain addicted. (As in I still love bread, etc.)

Now that the questions are done: I'm looking to transition in to a primal lifestyle. I went paleo more than 10 years ago to resolve a specific health issue and found that I dropped excess weight without even meaning to. The only problem was that I felt low in energy for vigorous exercise (I was playing high level recreational sport at the time). It was only a month long, so I'm guessing that it's going to take longer than a month to move in to efficient fat burning.
                          Any tips for the transition period welcome !!

Looking forward to getting to know folk here.

Comment

• Hi, paleo 1 year, 3 months, American, located near Stratford upon Avon
                            1) 45
                            2) More paleo than primal, usually 100% of the time, bar dinner @ a friends, that sort of thing
                            3) No dairy. Probs w/sinusitis for one
                            4) Black coffee, primal egg coffee mornings I work out
                            5) Made sense to my scientific/analytical brain. Seed was planted by a journalist from UK (Bryan Appleyard) who went paleo after meeting Art DeVaney and writing a 3 part article in the Sunday Times about his experience
                            6) Zumba! How un-primal is that? Although I'm sure Grok danced around a fire at times... lol
                            7) I LOVE sweet potatoes, roasted in coconut oil. Just about any kind of meat, too... esp steak marinated in Mark Sisson's blackberry marinade
                            8) All the niggling little things like dandruff, monthly cycles & other annoying female problems (sorry if you are a bloke, but I'm not really embarrassed), more energy, thicker hair, slimness esp around middle!
                            9) Having to answer bloody questions about how I eat, attention being drawn to it & then hearing people moan "Oh, I could never give up _____ "-insert your own addictive SAD food

Comment

• Your location: North Alabama

Age (If you want):42

How Primal are you: I have been weeding out grains and dairy for weeks. Probably half way there.

Do you consume dairy: only yogurt (Greek)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, coffee occasionally but now quitting

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: steak, almond butter

Best part about being Primal: I want to feel better and avoid Type 2 Diabetes (my dad and my mom's side of the family).

Worst part about being Primal: I have a family and the kids are not down with primal yet. Will gradually wean them.

Comment

• Your location: Minnesota

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you: Just starting. My skinny Gene has kept me from starting earlier

Do you consume dairy: yes, some milk without problems. That will be reduced now I am cutting out cereal.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both. A couple cups of coffee in Morning and green/herbal tea in afternoon or evening.

Motivator for switching to Primal: All of the scientifically backed health benefits.

Favorite exercise: push ups

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: fit and active as I get older.

Worst part about being Primal: getting calories, figuring out meal and snack options.

Comment

Working...
                                X