This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! I am Diane
    My son just gave me the Primal Blueprint Cookbook yesterday and I decided to come check out the website! who knew all of you were here!! There are over 5,000 people on-line right now!!! WOW!

I have been overweight and yo-yo dieting for years... on July 1st I committed to going low carb (loosely following the 100 diet by Jorge Cruise) for 2 weeks... It's been 5 months - I've lost 33 lbs - want to reach 50 lbs by July 1st (and then of course maintaining).

I live in Montreal, Quebec, am 48 years young, newbie at being Primal but low carb for half a year...
    I have been consuming dairy - but mostly just cheese and greek yogurt.
    Never had a cup of coffee in my life. Will drink Mint tea if I must (i.e. I am too cold!).
    Want to lose more weight and be healthy.
    Exercise and favorite in one sentence!??! hmmm... I used to like swimming... or aqua-fit - with osteo-arthritis in knees and bursitis in shoulders found it easier to move in water... Have had some success doing exercise videos in my room in the morning before work... Just a walking/light workout for 30 minutes a day - or a dance movement called groove.
    Love Avocadoes and bacon!
    Don't know the best part about being Primal yet - but being low carb has sure solved alot of my tummy issues that we used to think was IBS but obviously wasn't. So feeling better is a plus!
    Worst part about being Primal (or low-carb) - the feeling that fruit is evil... the natural sugar is better than processed obviously but it's still sugar...

I look forward to getting to know people here and to starting a 21 day challenge today... Trying to add more movement to my life... also found a good local organic grocery store where I could order on-line (I hate grocery shopping!) and have a big order coming tomorrow... Also continuing with local rooftop garden organic veggies delivery every week... Just got to learn to wean myself off of chocolate...

Hi! Bonjour!
    Diane

Comment

• Hello Everyone! Brand spankin' New Member here!

Signed up today. This is my first post. Might as well get to it.

Your location: Central Florida, a tiny speck between Titusville and Cocoa, FL, USA

Age (If you want): 45 for a couple more months.

How Primal are you: Just starting out. Still learning the ropes but doing well….I think.

Do you consume dairy: Raw milk from Organic, pasture fed cows but rarely. Once in a while, cheese from grassfed cows or imported from countries with GMO regulations/Anti-Hormone.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee once a day. Tea- only NUMI brand or brewed from fresh ginger. Couple times a month. I drink water, coconut water, coffee, tea, and wine. Been off sodas for over 12 years. Don't miss it one bit.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanting to lead a healthier life.

Favorite exercise: Started running at the age of 45. Been at it 4 months. Have run 4 5Ks so far and am amazed at how much I enjoy it. I NEVER EVER EVER wanted to be a runner. Was supposed to have 2 level Spinal Fusion surgery in 2010 but changed my life with diet and exercise. Thank goodness! Also, Squats and pushups.

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed butter!!! (And Red Wine )

Best part about being Primal: Feeling awesome!! Not relying on Big Pharma to sustain me.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to find affordable organic, grass fed meats in my area. No "Whole Foods" out in the sticks.

Looking forward to learning from other people's experiences and sharing my own!
      Cheers, Y'all!

Comment

• The company's new annoying intern who keeps asking everyone what 'grok' is.

Your location: On Earth, just like you!

Age (If you want): Old enough to drink.

How Primal are you: Not very. I'm still assimilating into the culture. To be honest, I was just eating some gluten-grain-glucose a few minutes ago.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. Something came up, and so, my simple sugar intake has to go down!

Favorite exercise: No favourites. I can tell you what I hate, though.

Favorite Primal food: Beef!

Best part about being Primal: Dunno yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Dunno yet

Comment

• Your location:
          OK...........here goes:

Age (If you want): 67

How Primal are you: I like meat, but I also like all the other stuff too??

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Am overweight, have arthritis and a few other things like fybromyalgia, insulin resistant, had breast cancer, but am now cancer free. Am a candidate for more cancer if I don't get the weight off and the hormones under control. Would like to learn more about paleo vs rawvegan. To help improve my health and lose weight. I get confused with so many differents diets that have crossed my path.

Favorite exercise: I use to love to dance, but with the arthritis and fybromyalgia I walk with a cane and if I go outside I have a scooter that helps me get around.

Favorite Primal food: pork, chicken, eggs,

Best part about being Primal: not sure.............I have issues with constipation..............where do you get your fiber? Should the meat be put on the very small portion size and the vegies and fruits on the larger portion?

Worst part about being Primal: No pasta, bread..............love it.

Any suggestions toward what I have mentioned about would be greatly appreciated. I want to get healthy and be able to walk without pain and dance again. I also have very bad knees.

Comment

• Hi, I'm 47 years old and on day two on the Paleo lifestyle/diet after reading the 21 day total transformation. My eating had got completely out of control and I felt helpless to stop eating carbs and sugar as craved it all the time. I normally drink tea and coffee and dairy and pretty much everything so this is new for me. I want to find an eating pattern that will help me lose the 10 kgs I put on over last six months and abit more so that I can be healthy and fit and look good in my clothes which impacts on my confidence. I'm enjoying the omelettes for breakfast I must say and all the protein. Have to say I'm not feeling well, foggy brain, weak limbed and abit nauseas so hoping this will pass soon so I can manage to work. I'm too tired to exercise more than a gentle walk at the moment.

Comment

How Primal are you? Probably around 90%. I think.

Do you consume dairy? Cheese, yogurt, some heavy cream in my eggs in the morning, that's about it.

Coffee or tea? Yes. Most of a pot of coffee every day. Tea on occasion.

Motivation for switching to Primal? I started about three years ago on Weight Watchers and lost 50 pounds over about a year and a half. I was starting to gain weight again and needed to do something to arrest the gain. After reading a thread on an outdoor type site about Paleo, I started investigating it. Turns out, WW had some things in common with Paleo/Primal. It wasn't a very big change for me. Just cut out the wheat and grain and beans and I'm there. Well, adding in some fat, too, which I didn't have a problem with.

Favorite exercise: Bicycling.

Favorite Primal food: Meat. Almost any meat. I'm not too fond of sheep, but most domestic and a variety of wild meat is likely to be on my table.

Best part of being Primal: I've been doing it since August and it seems my mental function is improving. My immune system also seems stronger. I have grand kids, so you know I'm exposed to all kinds of stuff on a regular basis and it doesn't affect me nearly as much as it does my wife who isn't Primal.

Since losing weight, I've also lost some health issues, like aspirating at night, sleep apnea, that kind of thing.

Worst part about being Primal: Figuring out what to eat in restaurants. I like Mexican food a lot and avoiding rice and beans and tortillas doesn't leave a lot. Similar experiences elsewhere. I also miss home made bread.

Comment

• Your location: South Florida

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss, better health, longer life

Favorite exercise: kettle bell swing

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: the way I feel after a long day

Worst part about being Primal: avoiding discussing it with others. I must though in order to hear their nascent feedback.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: i live in bruxelles, capital city of belgium, in europe

Age (If you want): i'm 42

How Primal are you: brand new and will replace stuff day by day

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, 2-3 coffees in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: not in good health for about 2 years, i think food can help me to recover and feel better

Favorite exercise: i walk daily about 1-2 hours

Favorite Primal food: meat !!

Best part about being Primal: don't know yet

Worst part about being Primal: avoid cakes

have a nice day everybody !!

Comment

• Here are the questions though I just started reading the book, The Primal Blueprint 21 day Total Body Transformation. So some may not apply.
                    I have not started the diet yet, but will answer based on what I plan to do and from many years of eating veggies and protein or veggies and carbs.

Your location: North West New Jersey

Age (If you want): Just turned 56

How Primal are you: I iwill be primal as soon as I finish the book or enough of it to start. I bought it this evening and can't put it down. Read 50 pages.

Do you consume dairy: I love yogurt and half and half in coffee, so will drink the heavy cream in my coffee and cut the yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love coffee, will buy decaf to wean off my coffee addiction

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am overweight and though excercise and eating real food kept weight off before since I had kids (son 20 and daughter 17) I never returned to pre-pregnant weight.

Favorite exercise: walking or biking on the Rails to Trails, love swimming laps but haven't for years

Favorite Primal food: Steak and parsley; grilled fish; spinach salad with steak or fish in it

Best part about being Primal: I hope a natural and primal experience with eating

Worst part about being Primal: sitting by the candy dish at work where frustrated co-workers (including me) have eaten candy when we feel stressed or energy plunged.

Comment

• Hi All! I'm a 40 year old male living in Oakland, Ca. I have completed several Whole30's in the past, but the Primal Blueprint is really resonating with me as a lifestyle. I avoid all grains, legumes, sugar, etc. I do have a small amount of dairy a couple times a week (I don't seem to be dairy intolerant). I do drink coffee, but I've been looking at it a little sideways lately, as I tend to have some sleep issues. My biggest motivator is over all health and weight loss. I'm about 20lbs from what I would consider my ideal weight. I love martial arts and running as exercise. My favorite primal food lately has been salmon curries. The worst part about being primal is having to field questions about my diet at parties and what not. I prefer to keep that stuff to myself, but somehow it always seems to come up. Anyway, nice to meet all of you. I'll have a bunch of questions as i take my Whole30 experience and try to create a lifestyle I can live with everyday!

Comment

• Hi, everybody!! It is so neat to read everyone's different stories. Nice to meet you all!!

I have been following Mark's Daily Apple on-and-off for about a year and a half now. I had a primal stint last year but, since then, have been eating like crap and barely exercising. I am looking to join the forums as a way to connect more with people's experiences and thoughts about primal living. I am hopeful that this will give me motivation and inspiration to get my butt back in Primal gear!

Your location: Outside of Philadelphia, PA

How Primal are you: Not really at all...here and there I'll make a primal meal and I like to read MDA frequently, but my living style is still to be desired.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I went primal for about 6 weeks in summer of 2012 and felt great!! However, after the summer ended, I quickly fell back to my old eating habits and haven't had the motivation to get back to primal eating.

Favorite exercise: Don't have a favorite.

Favorite Primal food: Spaghetti Squash

Best part about being Primal: The personal appreciation that I am doing what's right for my body.

Worst part about being Primal: Going out to eat with friends and walking into a restaurant and smelling that fresh baked bread!

Comment

• Cliché, but am looking to drop some pounds. I'm 5'0" and usually hover between 130-135 lbs. Hoping to get down to around 115-120 lbs.

Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: The occasional rice crackers at a friend's house, etc. I drink maybe once every week or two.

Do you consume dairy: In my coffee, and sometimes cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, green tea. I like black tea, but it makes me want honey, so I stay away.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Dropping the pounds.

Favorite exercise: Pump classes

Favorite Primal food: Lamb

Best part about being Primal: I don't get ravenously hungry and feel more in control of my appetite.

Worst part about being Primal: Big time bloating.
                          Last edited by FeenStar; 01-04-2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Why I'm here: I am definitely a food lover and have not regulated myself for the last....five years... and the weight has crept on. I'm 5'2" and 140 lbs. Although I love to exercise, I know I overreat, and I tend to justify it to myself saying that I enjoy to indulge in life. My thinking and patterns need to change, as I want to be in the shape of my life, and I know I can get there with a little discipline. This year I'd like to shed ten pounds and run 5k and 10ks regularly, and implement strength training. Looking forward to a network and community of like-minded individuals. Would love an online buddy to check in with!

The Questions:

Your location: Oakland, CA

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: I tried Primal for a few months and abandoned it as I traveled to France. I'm back and ready to start anew. I successfully lost weight ten years ago with atkins, and found that the diet changes were doable. I've let go of any self control the last few years (that was nice while it lasted) and its really time to make changes and lost about 10-15 pounds before things get worse!

Do you consume dairy: I do, although when atkins or primal I like it less.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. 1-2 cups of coffee each morning with half and half (I have been trying the bulletproof method, adding a bit of coconut oil). I also drink herbal teas of any variety and flavor throughout the day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: lose weight! change it up! motivate the workouts!

Favorite exercise: jogging or hiking outdoors. boxing.

Favorite Primal food: I like a large salad with avocado, cucumber, steak or shrimp and a homemade mustard vinaigrette. When going out I love a nice steak or lamb dish.

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet, haven't given it a good run. But I'm looking forward to having my appetite decrease.

Worst part about being Primal: Ice Cream

Comment

• Hi!!

Diane here.... I was featured as part of the Friday Success Stories a few weeks ago, so decided I should stop by and say hi!

Your location: Dublin, Ireland

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Super strict... it's not a chore.. I love how this lifestyle makes me feel.

Do you consume dairy: Yes... I love cheese!

Do you drink coffee or tea: No..

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was obese & sick and didn't want to die. Simple as that...

Favorite exercise: Squats! Everyone should squat...

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Feeling awesome

Worst part about being Primal: Having to try to resist screaming at random strangers that they should be Primal too!

Comment

• Hi everyone!

My name is Rich.

Glad to be here. I've learned so much from reading already. I'm a little over a month in and looking to make this an ongoing lifestyle change.

Your location:
                                Greenwich, CT
                                Age 50

How Primal are you:
                                Started Paleo 30 days ago!

Do you consume dairy:
                                Rarely. Sometimes ½ & ½ in coffee, but mostly Coconut Milk for coffee. That's it!

Do you drink coffee or tea:
                                Yes, Both but mostly coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:
                                Getting healthier. To maintain better A1C for my Type2 Diabetes. To lose wight, look better and feel better about myself.

Favorite exercise:
                                Looking for a favorite. I'm about to introduce exercise back into my weekly routine. It's been a while but I have a standard gym membership.

Favorite Primal food:
                                Steak and Roasted Cauliflower

Best part about being Primal:
                                The way it makes me feel!

Worst part about being Primal:
                                Sugar cravings!

Comment

Working...
                                X