Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, I tend to do everything backwards, so posted a few times before intro-ing myself.

So here's me:

Location: Louisiana (not a native unfortunately, they are awesome people so wish I was)

How primal am I: I blame corn for the obesity epidemic in the USA, and i consider wheat as my enemy! I eat lowish sugar, lower starch, but I don't get enough exercise and sunshine. I'm a lady gamer so away from the computer is alien to me still.

Do you eat dairy: I can't drink milk from a glass. I did try coconut milk but it looked too much like regular milk and my stomach turned so I can't do that either, but I do like cheese and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I never developed a taste for coffee, I am a diet coke junkie, I mainline that, the caffeine free Wal mart brand claims to have no sodium, the name brand does, and after being diagnosed with high blood pressure last year I try to avoid unnecessary sodium when possible. Ice tea yes when tired of diet coke, but I use Sweet n Low and Stevia.

My motivation to switch to primal: I got so sick last year that for 7 months I could barely get out of bed and felt every day like I was at death's door. I was morbidly obese, 5' 4", 216 lbs, and eating 95% processed food, 4 times the recommended daily allowance of sodium.

No money, no insurance, no primary care physician, I kind of had to find out how to heal myself, after 5 trips to the ER and one week in a mental institution I realized that I had to fix myself or die like a dog in the street.

Once the cable got turned off because I was too sick to work and couldn't pay the bill I was left with the library as my only source for information, thank goodness!

I read tons of books, including some of Suzanne Somers, and eventually lucked into getting my hands on the Primal Blueprint.

My favorite exercise: Don't have one of these yet.

Favorite primal food: Cabbage! Too bad it's bad for my thyroid problem.

Favorite part of being primal: Feeling like I've been handed the keys to the universe? Having a female waistline. I told my sister 3 months in that my thighs were starting to look like human thighs. Losing 49 lbs, still want to lose another 35. SW 216 CW 165 GW 120

Worst part of being primal: Being the sole primal-ista in my small family, so far at least.

I can't understand why everyone isn't doing this.

Thanks Mr Sisson!

Comment

• In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Maryland

Age (If you want):28

How Primal are you: Pretty primal... Making a full change won't be crazy.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I love cheese. Not a huge milk drinker though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. Love it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Performance. I want to lose weight but my main goal is to be physically fit.

Favorite exercise: Running. I'm not as good as I used to be but I still enjoy it.

Favorite Primal food: Meat. Any meat... What? I have to choose??? Pork.

Best part about being Primal: It's what nature intended.

Worst part about being Primal: Doughnuts aren't grains right? Please?

Comment

• Your location:Texas

Age (If you want):25

How Primal are you:100% OR 0%...Right now, I am going full-throttle!

Do you consume dairy:Not anymore...in the past, Greek Yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love Green Tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal:Weight Loss

Favorite exercise:Pilates, Weights, Spinning, and Running...but most days, I feel like just going for a walk!

Favorite Primal food:Salmon

Best part about being Primal: Feeling like a purist.

Worst part about being Primal:Feeling like you are missing out on social food.

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

My name is Karen and I just joined the forums today.. I am 64 1/2 years of age and feeling wonderful..My initial interest was in creating various grain free dishes.. What happened from that point was for me to check out The Primal Diet.. I am not overweight I am 5 feet 3 1/2 inches tall and weigh 116 pounds.

I rarely consume dairy and eat a high raw diet.. As for coffee I limit it to one small cup a day.

I do not own a car so walk everywhere I need to get to, so that helps me keep in good shape. Nothing like dragging a cart full of groceries for a few miles to get a good workout in.. I also do various forms of Yoga.

In closing wishing you all a Merry Christmas and they best for the coming New Year.

Comment

How Primal are you: 80 / 20

Do you consume dairy: Yes, whole milk, yogurt and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both equally

Motivator for switching to Primal: First I cut out processed foods, then grains, felt great, was told about primal and MDA and others so did a 21 day paleo diet and it stuck. Lost a lot of weight; need to lose more.

Favorite exercise: Taekwondo, kick practicing, sparring, backwoods hiking (no trails), biking, sleeping

Favorite Primal food: Jerky - even bought a dehydrator to do my own this summer

Best part about being Primal: Energy

Worst part about being Primal: Holiday eating.

Comment

How primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Raw milk, raw yogurt and raw cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Two cups of black coffee first thing in the morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Auto-immune issues and for the excellent health.

Favorite exercise: Swim, run, bicycle and ride horses.

Favorite primal food: Lobster. My go-to meal is a grassfed burger, raw blue-cheese melted on it, and covered with salsa.

Best part of being Primal: Responding to my doctor's question how I had such a low triglyceride score (50) and high HDL score (64) by saying, "low-carb/high-fat".

Worst part about being Primal: Seeing the disappointment on his face because he can't accept the evidence in his hand. He advises I need to go on a statin because my LDL is high and I tell him the calculation is wrong and request a VAP. To his credit he orders it.

Comment

• Hello! I started my Primal journey a month ago.

Your location:

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: most of the time. 90/10

Do you consume dairy: once a week. I love milk cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea sometimes

Motivator for switching to Primal: vanity. Wanting to look good. Also some stomach issues

Favorite exercise: walking, swimming, hiking

Favorite Primal food: beef

Best part about being Primal: beef I just love meat

Worst part about being Primal: i don't know. Haven't felt any negative effects so far.
                Last edited by mingo; 12-27-2013, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• Hello Paleo world...

Your location: East Sussex UK

Age (If you want):50

How Primal are you: 80% (Am reading PHD and thinking this makes sense)

Do you consume dairy: yes, a little

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, a little

Motivator for switching to Primal: Throat issues, possible GERD, possible lots of things - in conclusive Dr's etc.

Favorite exercise: gym

Favorite Primal food: All things meat

Best part about being Primal: I'm quite new to this but I hoping for better health and mental clarity

Worst part about being Primal: Have lost tons of weight... really. Need to get some back

Comment

• Hi

Location is Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia Canada

Age 56

I am fully Primal. Began with LCHF, moved to Paelo then Primal. I cannot live w/o dairy and Paelo so strict

I eat some cheese, use heavy cream in tea and love plain greek yogurt

I drink coffee during the day and a cup of tea in the evening

Have switched to Primal because of being able to eat Dairy. Also found this website and am impressed with Mark. I can't read enough!

Favorite exercise is walking. Also do pushups and squats. Working on sprints

Favorite food = dairy

Best part - More energy, handle high stress job better, moods improved and I feel in control .. no more sugar cravings

Worst part: Have not found it yet, if it exists

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I'm Char (charpower),

Here are my answers to the questions.

Your location: Philadelphia, PA

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you: Not very... Today is my first day seriously considering it.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, occasionally... for coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I think I may have some gluten intolerance and I am pre-diabetic.

Favorite exercise: Walking at the moment. I just bought some kettlebells but haven't used them.

Favorite Primal food: Chicken

Best part about being Primal: Being able to eat butter lol

Worst part about being Primal: Clearing out my cabinets
                      --
                      ¸. • ¸. •*´¨ ) ¸. •*¨ *
                      ( ¸. •´ ( ¸ . •* Learn. Lead. Love. CharPower© -:¦:-

Comment

• Hi all,

Just a quick hello, I've been looking at the site and reading some of the posts for a short while so thought it was about time I joined in!

Your location: Hampshire, UK

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Getting back into it. My wife and I did about 6 months and were fairly "good" but after falling pregnant she slipped out of it and I quickly followed (the lure of pizza was a little too strong!) but now, 6 months into the pregnancy she's decided to get back into it and, after starting to notice the ill effects of carbs again, I'm doing the same.

Do you consume dairy: some, cheese is a real weakness for me at the moment and a bit of milk in tea

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea yes, and some coffee but cutting that down

Motivator for switching to Primal: general health for both of us and weight management more than loss for me

Favorite exercise: cycling (not as much as I'd like) and swimming (4k per week when work allows)

Favorite Primal food: egg and bacon muffins for breakfast!

Best part about being Primal: energy levels

Worst part about being Primal: no Maryland Cookies

Comment

• Hello my name is Zlatko from Grayslake Illinois

I have been eating primal 3 months...i have a cheat meal 2-3 times a month or when i drink beer 2-3 times a month.

Crossfit is the reason i started primal/paleo and I have lost 30 pounds since 10/2012. I feel healthy and fit.

My day is usually B-eggs and bacon w veggies, L-lean meat w salad half avocado, D-lean meat w veggies.

I snack on almonds,walnuts,fruit and almond butter...1-2 snacks a day. Once in a while ill make almond pancakes or some paleo bars/cookies.

I drink water, coffee, tea, mineral water and beer 2-3 times a month depends how often i go out 28 years old lol.

I crossfit 5 times a week, play basketball,volleyball,soccer, tennis when i have time. Im a auto technician.

Love eating this way because I feel great, healthy, athletic, energetic don't see it as a diet more of a lifestyle

Supplements: fish oil, d3, zma at night, and paleo protein when needed.
                          Last edited by mzlatko7; 12-30-2013, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Hi everyone

So I'm a newbie coming to do the introductory thingy, here goes:

Your location: New Zealand, Northland

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: I'm only starting out, have IBS, Gluten Intolerance, Lactose issues, Biliary Dyskinesia, ever since I had my Gall Bladder removed and my pancreas took a huge hit you name it if it has to do with digestion - I got issues with it.

Do you consume dairy: normally yes - yougurt, cream and sourcream, cheese (will forego to start)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, Tea - Red Bush and Green Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Living Healthy without all the issues

Favorite exercise: Yoga/Pilates, Dance, Walk/Jog, Resistance

Favorite Primal food: All

Best part about being Primal: Yet to find out, Hoping to just feel good, no more pain, no more illness...

Worst part about being Primal: No Pasta!!, I have Italian in my blood.

Looking forward to meeting/making new friends and finding some support on my new journey.

Cheers from Down Under.

Comment

• Hi.

Thought id best put an entry here before I get into this forum!

I started primal/paleo eating nearly a year ago, while pregnant.

I was motivated after I had researched homemade food for my pets, realising commercial pet food is a massive scam and opening my eyes to a bit of the blindness that comes with exposure to media, advertising and big corporations etc

So then i decided to look up what people should really be eating too.

And I discovered paleo/primal.

So now my cats eat primal (sounds so natural for a carnivore!) And so do I.
                              I cheat a little, occasional ice cream or pizza, coffee, beer, oh and chocolate!

I have a 7mo son whom will eat primal too, so ill tighten my reigns as he gets older. Im not sure about my stance on dairy yet. Im eating yogurt but I have a slight dry skin issue...

Im here because I want to get into it more. Make time to make a tasty meal. Have recipes and meal plans. Be focused and cheat less. And get into the lifestyle more.

I feel so much better for it! And I know I have room to feel even better.
                              And I want the best for my son.

I forget all the questions I was meant to answer! I just rambled.

Comment

• Hi everyone! My name is Mary, and I recently went Primal. Glad to be here on the forums!~

Your location: Fujisawa, Japan

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: 90% (I do, however, have one cheat meal a week, and I eat limited fermented soy.)

Do you consume dairy: No, not unless it's part of my cheat meal once a week. Although I am not lactose intolerant, I seem to have skinny-fat PCOS symptoms, and ovarian cysts run in my family. So I stay the heck away from dairy. I am, however, curious about goat cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Usually no. I am sensitive to caffeine, so I avoid it most of the time.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Needing a low-carb diet to battle both my insulin resistance and PCOS symptoms

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, avcados, and currently Japanese oden

Best part about being Primal: I look more adorable being Primal. It does my estrogen right. ;D

Worst part about being Primal: I miss Japanese white rice. It's very insulinogenic, BUT when it's cheat time...

Comment

Working...
                                X