X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Upstate NY

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you:2 days in and loving it! Haven't gone Organic yet

Do you consume dairy: plain Greek yogurt, I even dropped the creamer which I thought was impossible

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm too fat and want off the toxic Omeprezole!

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food:MEAT

Best part about being Primal: weight control

Worst part about being Primal: no beer

Comment

• Hi All - Newbie here. I've been dabbling for a while but am ready to commit!

The Questions:

Your location: Oregon

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: 70/30. Working on 80/20.

Do you consume dairy: Rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of feeling like the Blerch (oatmeal.com)

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: coconut milk

Best part about being Primal: all that extra energy I seem to have

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to convince my husband and young boys that we should eat this way all the time.

Comment

• Your location: Florida

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: So/so. I'm at the very beginning of my journey and so I'm still struggling to create good habits.

Do you consume dairy: Right now, yes. I'm planning on going without for a few weeks to see if it helps with some inflammation I'm experiencing though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Almost entirely weight, but I have a few other issues I'm pretty convinced would be helped if I were more consistent.

Favorite exercise: Jogging & Kettlebells

Favorite Primal food: A good, juicy steak

Best part about being Primal: I feel fantastic!

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with naysayers.

Comment

• Salut!

French guy writing here
          I am not a primal newbie but new in these forums. Not sure I have much to contribute but I like chatting about foods and lifestyle. As you can guess from my forum name, I like French fries ... but only home-made and oven-baked after I coated them with a think layer of duck fat! So yes, I am a "potato" kind of guy (I am not talking about my body shape, mind you).

If I look at the PB loose rules, I could say I am 99% primal. I do eat some (pseudo) grains and beans once in a while but I believe one should not ignore large portions of the food spectrum, I don't subscribe to the "adhere 100% to the paleo diet or prepare to suffer from neolithic diseases". Specifically, I prefer rice, quinoa (like in salads) and buckwheat (French crÍpes mmmmh!), chickpeas and occasional butterbeans.
          I do dairy as well but only the A2 type. I read that book from some New-Zealand guy and consequently switched to A2 type dairy after a long period of complete absence of dairy in our home. My kids are doing just fine on that type of dairy and I have no problem myself as long as it is fermented (not very good at lactose digestion).

For the workout, I am into body weight stuff, core strength training, biking and lost of walking. I am quite lean (around 12% BF) but have built muscle mass over the last 6 months when I started to be serious about pull-ups and other body weight WO.
          I recently bought a slackline which I have yet to install in my garden. I was very inspired by a British fellow called Harry Cloudfoot (he's got a blog at harrycloudfoot | FREELANCE WRITER | SLACKLINE INSTRUCTOR | PERSONAL TRAINER | LONDON.). I like his self-experimenting with new things and he seems to derive a LOT of fun. That's how it should be

OK, enough about myself. Sorry if my English sounds funny or is misspelled but this is not my mother-tongue ...

Au revoir

Comment

• Your location: Charleston, South Carolina, USA

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: I'm just starting. My kitchen is 95% primal. I'm still working on eating out and social events that revolve around food.

Do you consume dairy: No milk or yogurt. I'm trying to reduce my cheese intake to 1-2 times a week. And I still use cream in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 4-6 cups of coffee a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose weight and for overall better health. And I recently had a daughter and I don't want her to grow up with the same eating habits my parents taught me.

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: steak and pork

Best part about being Primal: I have already had such an increase in energy and no longer have the sugar lows from eating simple carbs.

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure yet. I certainly miss sweets but I'm hoping these cravings will lessen ASAP!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Anonymous;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Pueblo, Colorado

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Just starting - trying for 100%

Do you consume dairy: As of today - just greek plain yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Neither

Motivator for switching to Primal: Addiction to breads. Have tried other 'diets' and they aren't working. Tired of eating every 2-3 hours and having cravings and headaches if I miss a meal. Tired of being over 40 and still dealing with break outs on my face. Tired of being tired!

Favorite exercise: walking, hiking, swimming (although I don't get to do this very often - is prob my favorite overall)

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: so far, it is eating more naturally

Worst part about being Primal: Having non primal in the house and having breads and cereals around. Hope to change that as they see me get healthier!
              44 F 5'5
              SW 205.4
              CW 180.4
              GW 150

Comment

• Your location: Edmonton, Canada

Age (If you want): 14

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Optimal growth and health

Favorite exercise: pull ups

Favorite Primal food: eggs, salmon and red cabbage

Best part about being Primal: only need 7 hours of sleep, better mood, a LOT less acne than before.

Worst part about being Primal: No oatmeal & peanut butter

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location:Austin Tx

Age (If you want):27

How Primal are you:Considering

Do you consume dairy: Yes( limited amount)

Do you drink coffee or tea:Tea mostly

Motivator for switching to Primal: Medical condition (PCOS)

Favorite exercise: Zumba and walking

Favorite Primal food:Everything

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:
                  Don't Know yet

Comment

• Hi guys,

I've been following the daily apple for a long time but never visited the forums. I like the personalisation aspect of paleo but I'm not a fan of restricting foods just moderating them. I'm using my blog cellyoursole as a place to explore what might help make me and my family stronger. I'm hoping to learn a lot from discussions here.

I see the body as an extremely complex ecosystem. Far more complex than rocket science. The interplay between the aspects of hunting, gathering and eating is fascinating to me.

Comment

• I just joined yesterday

is the carb / protein/ fat thing overwheliming for everyone or just me?

I really want to do this one right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tracey View Post
                        I just joined yesterday

The low carb/high protein/high fat is the main priority of mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tracey View Post
                          I just joined yesterday

Welcome Tracy, I hope you have a great time with the primal lifestyle. At the outset I think the big thing to remember is to just eat real food - meat, eggs, veges, fish, some fruit nuts and dairy, while steering clear of processed items including those seed oils, most things in a package, and the grains. This should go a long way towards making you feel better and healthier.

Then you can start to play around with the "carb / protein / fat thing". I don't count much of anything. My rather simplistic approach is to base each meal round a serving of protein, surround it with lots of colourful veges, and add a little dollop of a wholesome fat. Mix n match.
                          Annie Ups the Ante
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Hello everybody! I've been lurking here for weeks, decided today that's just about time to register and come out from shadows.
                            Greets from Poland

Comment

• Dzień dobry!

Comment

• Hi All... New to the site but not to Paleo...

Your location: Long Beach, CA

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: 98%

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: sometimes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Obesity and insuilin resistance

Favorite exercise: Water Arobics

Favorite Primal food: Rib Eye Steak!

Best part about being Primal: The infamous "low carb flu"

Worst part about being Primal: No dairy

Comment

Working...
                                X