How Primal are you:varies

Do you consume dairy: yes, cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea:sometimes

Motivator for switching to Primal: it works

Favorite exercise: Olympic weightlifting

Favorite Primal food: a large food(meat/veggie) and a bottle of wine

Best part about being Primal: tastes good

Worst part about being Primal: do it yourself

I have been stalking this website for a few years, just need some accountability now. My sign in name is from a co-workouter that said I was deceptively strong, I wasn't sure whether to take it as a complement or an insult...I know his intention, and appreciate the complement on being strong...the deceptive part though... I can sit at home eating Bon-bons(they still make those?) and look like a fat ass.

Anyway, my new goal is to put my bodyweight over my head. It is realistic, I have put up 170 when I weighed 190. and i weighed 170 at the beginning of this year....190 now, and not as strong

my coach(crossfit) is supportive, and my modified goal is to put him over my head.

When I get fully motivated, I do crossfit 2-3 times a week. eat primal warrior style, once a day...at my worst, beer and fast food.

Comment

• Greetings all!

How primal? Mostly primal for one year (except for large quantities peanut butter--my nemesis. Almond butter just does not taste the same). Unfortunately, I seem to have snapped as of late and have been eating numerous unmentionables: coffee cake, frozen yogurt sprinkled with Fruity Pebbles and cheese cake chunks (WHAT?), pizza & cookies. I'm the only primal follower in my household (out of husband and four children) so it IS a constant challenge when all that UNprimal food is in the house. Looking to get back on track as I loved how eating primal made me feel. I just purchased the 90-Day journal and am excited/apprehensive to chart my progress. I'm hoping to connect with like-minded Primals here to share frustrations, failures, successes, and tips.

Dairy: Greek yogurt (daily for breakfast, but can only find 2% fat version most of the time), some cheese (I am from WI so cheese is one of my favorite foods), & butter.

Coffee & tea: Yes and yes.

Why primal? I've always been interested in eating for optimal health and for all of my life believed the the fitness/fashion magazine articles about eating whole grains, legumes, fat free dairy, fat free salad dressings, etc. One day I stumbled upon MDA looking for a homemade "granola" bar recipe to feed my kids that wasn't actually a candy bar in disguise and was instantly fascinated.

Favorite exercise: I used to love to run but arthritis from an old knee injury ended that about five years ago. Switched to walking but was always annoyed by it (I considered walking a "seniors" type of NONexercise that failed to sufficiently raise my heart rate). Post MDA I appreciate it for what it is. Now and then I like to work up a sweat on the elliptical at the gym. I also love to lift weights but have been sidelined for the last year by double shoulder/ elbow pain.

Favorite primal food: salmon

Best part about being primal: It truly makes me feel young and happy and fulfilled.

Worst part about being primal: It is difficult in today's world where we are surrounded by Cinnabons and greasy fast food and popular restaurants like Noodles & Co which my eldest daughter LOVES. I also miss freshly baked bread with a glob of butter. It smells/tastes amazing!

Comment

• Hi !

Here are my answers to the questions

Your location: France (sorry if there are grammatical or spelling approximations, English is not my first language)

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: I now I want and have to be primal for more than a year. But it was difficult for me because of bad intestinal flora and sugar cravings. Ans, as I have been on restrictive diets when I was younger, I don't deal with frustration. So after several attempts (no longer than a month), I decided to go about 90% primal, that is being primal when I am home or on my own, but enjoying a usual meal when I am invited or in restaurant. For that, I have to pay attention on my flora and take double to triple probiotics dose. And till now, it works OK.

Do you consume dairy: yes I consume kefir and old cheese (well, I'm french ^^). Need that for the probiotics.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, only one small cup in the morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Better health and to lose weight

Favorite exercise: hiking
        Favorite Primal food: avocado, liver, meat, coconut oil

Best part about being Primal: No more IBS, no hypoglycemia, weight loss, more energy

Worst part about being Primal: anxious when I am invited, more difficult to have a quick snack, the bread always on the tables in restaurants.
        Last edited by Myrtille; 08-13-2013, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• Your location: New Jersey

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 3 days in

Do you consume dairy: rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: An unfortunate personal situation brought me to the conclusion that I need to make an all around life change

Favorite exercise: running and walking with my dog

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: feeling clean on the inside

Worst part about being Primal: so far, figuring out what to eat...and that I will no longer have the dorito taco in my life

Comment

• Hi ^^ Pleased to meet you and be part of this awesome community!

Your location: Switzerland

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: As much as I can given the crazy work hours, let's say 80%.

Do you consume dairy: Yes! I've cut down though, and only eat raw dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mostly tea, and only one coffee a week since I don't tolerate it very well.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight, anemia, low blood pressure

Favorite exercise: rock climbing, racing with my dog

Favorite Primal food: steak ^^

Best part about being Primal: All that energy!

Worst part about being Primal: Everyone thinks I'm mad or that I'm endangering my health.

Comment

• Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: complete newbie!!

Do you consume dairy: yes at the moment, only Greek yoghurt and milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, but limited amounts due to it irritating my stomach

Motivator for switching to Primal: To get healthier, hopefully get rid of my IBS and to loose a few pounds too!

Favorite exercise: running ( it's hard work!) and lifting weights

Favorite Primal food: not discovered one yet but I love salmon and butternut squash

Best part about being Primal: getting rid of processed junk

Worst part about being Primal: nothing yet!

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Currently live in Chicago, but training in Arizona and soon to move to Portland.

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Wannabe. I am generally aware of what I am eating and try to stay primal best I can, but have situational difficulties that I haven't learned how to overcome (logistically)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but not a lot.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee: 1 Cup in the morning on average with half & half and a spoon of brown sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lifestyle, Health, Weight

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: I Heart Steak

Best part about being Primal: When I can do it, it feels good and I don't feel like I'm missing much

Worst part about being Primal: I often find myself in situations where staying primal is very difficult. For example, right now I am on an extended training event in Arizona. I have free access to cafeteria food (good luck going primal in there!), excessively curtailed funds to purchase food (but enough for groceries if it weren't for: ), and no kitchen/food preparation area. Tack on upwards of 16 hour days with a 4 am wake up and I just don't know how to make it work. Rather than whine about it, here I am, about to ask for help on these forums. Let's see what we can come up with!

Comment

How Primal are you : Quite

Do you consume dairy : Yes but reducing this now.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Only tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and weightloss.

Favorite excercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: Feel so much better.

Worst part about being Primal. Eating out.

I live in Scotland UK and have been eating Primal for only a few weeks. I have started to lose some of the weight I need to lose, and feel so very much better in myself.
                  Last edited by elabmy; 08-14-2013, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Hello,
                    I am 43, only a couple short weeks away from 44. I am one of those people that has spent 15 years as a vegetarian, and runner but I have never been able to build any muscle and always kept a little extra belly fat. Additionally, over the past year, I have had more difficulty recovering from workouts. So, at 44 I've had enough and decided I needed a change.
                    Other information,
                    I am married, two kids.
                    I work as a therapist (social work type) and specialize in addictions to drugs but I might switch to carb addiction.(that is how I found primal, I was doing a certification program to counsel bariatric surgery patients and the course work was very big into describing insulin/glucose interactions and the glycemic index)
                    My favorite work out is trail running and Gracie jiu jitsu.

I look forward to the adventure!

Comment

• Questions:

How Primal are you:

Just started but trying to be mostly primal, most of the time.

Do you consume dairy:

Not really, I may add a little bit of butter to my sweet potato but thats about it.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Can't give up coffee!

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Just want to eat healthy because I feel good when I eat healthy!

Favorite exercise:

Killing it with weights

Favorite Primal food:

Not sure yet but I love the fresh farmers market veggies.

Best part about being Primal:

Taking old recipes and making them primal, they always turn out delicious and it makes me feel awesome that I can turn something into a healthy option.

Worst part of being Primal:

Eating out is really hard and I love having date nights out with my husband. Now we just do date night at home and make our own amazing meals.

Comment

• Your location: Amarillo, Tx, planning a move to Santa Fe, NM

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Probably 80% with the remaining 20% being a stubborn fondness for marijuana and baked goods, sweet things and alcohol

Do you consume dairy: yes! I successfully reintroed and love to eat lots of grassfed butter, raw cheese, cultured cream, heavy cream and occasional ice cream. milk drinking is very rare.

Do you drink coffee or tea: love coffee with cream and a little raw sugar, but try not to get too dependent on it. tea is ok too. Can easily forego both if I'm in a low stress time.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I did strict Whole30 for months and felt great but felt it was a little too restrictive for an ongoing woe. Primal seems far more sustainable over time. I would really like to enjoy months on end of avoiding grains and still need a little support to accomplish that.

Favorite exercise: just started with the sprints/walking, yoga, housebuilding with earth

Favorite Primal food: butter

Best part about being Primal: losing the belly bloat I get from eating grains

Worst part about being Primal: Not being carefree when it comes to using convenience foods or eating out. Always eating at home, so much shopping, cooking and cleaning.

Comment

• Hi... I am new here and new to paleo and so to answer the questions

Your location: Melbourne, Australia

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: I am trying to go strict

Do you consume dairy: not for the last 7 days

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: performance in crossfit

Favorite exercise: crossfit and running

Favorite Primal food: bananas???

Best part about being Primal: you can be creative

Worst part about being Primal: missing my milkshakes and yogurt

Xx

Comment

• Your location: Sheffield, UK

Age (If you want):29

How Primal are you: As much as I can. 80% at least am sure. Hardest part for me is finance and time. Working full time with 2 young children leaves little time and money for sourcing grass fed and organic foods. So for the most part its the supermarkets offerings

Do you consume Dairy?: Yes, lots. How every its produced I'll eat it

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea with a half sugar, cant seem to drop that

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tried many different ways of eating, this agrees with me the best

Favorite exercise: zumba

Favorite Primal food:steak and cream

Best part about being Primal: eating cream without fear and having bacon for breakfast

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to eat crusty bread and butter. Sigh, I give it a longing look each time I do the shopping

Comment

• Your location: Northallerton, North Yorkshire UK

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: only just starting to be-grains are gone, sugar (and sweetners) gone-legumes proving more difficult

Do you consume dairy: yes, a world without cheese just isn't worth it

Do you drink coffee or tea: love my coffee, black and strong please (only a few cups a day though, and not after lunchtime or it affects my sleep)

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight-loss primarily

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: steak!

Worst part about being Primal: no bread

Comment

• Your location : Christchurch New Zealand

Age (If you want): 39 ( nearly 40!!) lol

How Primal are you: only just started. Grains have all gone as well as sugar. Finding my way slowly lol

Do you consume dairy: yes, in milk and snack on odd lump of cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: love my tea but have tried to limit now to 3-4 cups per day..... Not the same without sugar either lol

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight-loss primarily and want to get buff for me and my wife. Would live to look good at 40.

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: love all meat and seafood

Best part about being Primal: not having to weigh anything out or think I can only have so much of something

Worst part about being Primal: no bread

Comment

Working...
                                X