This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taichitrav entrance to natural eating

Hi all. I've been reading and researching on MDA for a few weeks now. So, thought I'd make it official and say hello to you all.

The Questions:

Your location: Raleigh, NC

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: 85% plus

Do you consume dairy: only Pepperjack cheese. Sweet, sweet pepperjack cheese. Thinking of using Greek Yogurt on occasion. Haven't had any yet though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee nearly every morning. With French Vanilla or Hazelnut creamer. This is my crack. Looking to make my own primal-based hazelnut creamer soon though.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Logic. My body comes from the earth; so, too, shall my food.

Favorite exercise: Kung fu practice. My LHT comes in the following form: Day 1: Pushup Base; Day 2: Squat Base; Day 3: Pullup Base; Day 4: Recuperation

Favorite Primal food: Right now my favorite go-to meal has been pork chop and 4 eggs. I have only adjusted my WOE in the past month, so I don't have a lot of different primal meal experiences. I'm somewhat lazy, so my meals are simple. Meat/eggs/fruit/veggie - most, if not all, just in their natural state and/or heated/cooked w/ some seasonings if needed. I hardly ever make any concotions or recipes. I look forward to learning how to use more fresh herbs though.

Best part about being Primal: Ease of cooking and shopping. Only two stops in the grocery store: Produce and Meat Departments.

Worst part about being Primal: So far, the guilt of still using my chemical-crack creamer in my coffee.

I started Primal WOE mid-June. So far, I'm down 9.2 lbs. Rock on Natural Foods!!

Comment

• Hi, I've already posted a question, but thought I'd introduce myself

The Questions:

Your location: Scotland, UK

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: 90%+

Do you consume dairy: one shot of milk per day

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green Tea and herbal tea daily. One coffee per week day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: curiosity

Favorite exercise: Sprint training (swimming).

Favorite Primal food: Chicken omelette with chillies.

Best part about being Primal: ability to lose fat easily

Worst part about being Primal: Constantly having to explain that its not the Atkins diet.

Sent from my C6603 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Good day,

a friend told me about this type of eating and I have been interested in it for a long time. I have worked out most of my life on and off however just recently turned 40 years old and I am having difficulty keeping the weight off. I am now weighing approximately 300 lbs and I am eager to jump right into this primal eating. I started today and have already noticed a small reduction in bloating. My friend told me you can't outtrain a bad diet and I think I have had some experience with this. Just joined this website tonight and would really appreciate it if someone could help me get started. I have a very busy schedule however i feel i can succeed if it's simplified. Would appreciate any help offered.

Thank you.
        Ryan

Comment

• Your location: Upstate New York

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you: I try to follow 80/20 or better

Do you consume dairy: Not currently but I am considering adding it

Do you drink coffee or tea: occasionally I drink tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss and health

Favorite exercise: I am excited to be working my way up to a pull-up!

Favorite Primal food: BACON!!

Best part about being Primal: How good I feel!

Worst part about being Primal: The constant need for cooking!

Comment

• Your location: Chicago

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Brand new. Have flirted with wheat-free now and then, but really working to become grain-free.

Do you consume dairy: Yeah. Working on grains first, but I am a big fan of all things cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: About one cup of each per day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I work out a lot, but am still holding onto too much body fat, so my results aren't as visible as I would like. Have been reading so much information on MDA pages and it all just makes so much SENSE.

Favorite exercise: Strength training. Especially bench press and squats. Also, am three days from finishing Insanity.

Favorite Primal food: MEAT. Had steak, mushrooms, and asparagus for dinner last night and it was just about perfect.

Best part about being Primal: Eating fat. Every other diet acts like it should be shunned like a plague-infected rodent. Butter just tastes so good.

Worst part about being Primal: No sandwiches and no beans.

Comment

• Another new person here

Name: Marsha

Your location: California, USA

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: about 70%

Do you consume dairy: occasional

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Energy boost

Favorite exercise: walking or biking

Favorite Primal food: prime rib

Best part about being Primal: just starting, not sure

Worst part about being Primal: not sure yet.

Comment

• Your location:
                England

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
                Mostly, I only found out about it yesterday.

Do you consume dairy:
                No

Do you drink coffee or tea:
                No

Motivator for switching to Primal:
                I had some success with a generic low carb diet but my wife found it too hard (she is vegetarian). I figure primal is simpler as it allows more vegetables.

Favorite exercise:
                Sitting

Favorite Primal food:
                Chicken

Best part about being Primal:
                Ask me in a few weeks time

Worst part about being Primal:
                Ask me in a few weeks time

Before Photo:
                Last edited by ratcliffe_mike; 07-27-2013, 05:02 PM.
                If you are interested in my progress you can see it here.

Comment

• Your location: Michigan

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Mostly. No grains, no refined food products.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese a couple times a week.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea and Kombucha

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sugar addication and science

Favorite exercise: Squats (or lifting in general)

Favorite Primal food: bacon

Best part about being Primal: energy levels

Worst part about being Primal: difficulties dealing with people trying to cook for me

Comment

• Hi all,

I'm excited to join the forum and share in this great site.

Here are the answers to my questions:

Your location: Grand Rapids, MI

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: About 80%

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea:Tea very occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: general health

Favorite exercise: handstand push up on the parallettes

Favorite Primal food: Pizza!! Jking... a very colorful salad

Best part about being Primal: keeping a lower body fat

Worst part about being Primal: difficulty of maintaining it in social situations.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Comment

• Hmm... I already sent a reply to this thread, but let's try again...

Your location: Finland

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Considering... I have tried the Zone diet, but it was too much measuring for me...

Do you consume dairy: Yes, so far...

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both coffee and green tea, but could easily live without coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health reasons: I have metabolic syndrome and had gestational diabetes seven years ago.

Favorite exercise: Les Mills Body Balance, walking, swimming

Favorite Primal food: ?

Best part about being Primal: ?

Worst part about being Primal: ?

Comment

• Hi,

Your location: Washington

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: to feel better, tired of being tired and achy, and kind of grumpy! And of course to lose weight that wouldn't budge after (6th) baby.

Favorite exercise: biking

Favorite Primal food: ribeye

Best part about being Primal: eating a good beef, guilt-free!

Worst part about being Primal: The whole world isn't primal yet! Going to people's houses and eateries where primal selections are non existant or not ideal.

Comment

• Hello from Dallas, Texas

Your location: Just outside of Dallas, Texas.

How Primal are you: About 85% in terms of eating. It's hard to always buy/eat grass-fed meat and organic chicken. Also, I probably rely too much on what I call "seasoning from a box" (such as McCormick's taco seasoning), but other than those things, I do pretty well. My exercise, however, needs improvement. So does my sleep. I'm a natural night-owl, and I'm unable to sleep past 7 in the mornings.

Do you consume dairy: No. But don't read too much into that. I wasn't much of a dairy person before going primal. I have, however, cut out all cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black coffee. I've also managed to cut out every other beverage

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and over-all health. When I turned 39 in April 2013, I knew I didn't want to turn 40 looking and feeling the same way. I read somewhere that a person's health in their 40s largely determines the quality of their life in their 50s, 60s, and 70s. Don't know how true that statement is, but from what I've observed of the people around me, it seems true.

Favorite exercise: Exercise is where I really fail. It's a habit I've not yet acquired. However, I have started the 00 pushup challenge (one hundred push ups - welcome) and enjoy it very much.

Favorite Primal food: All of it, so far. But I've really come to love spinach and raw peppers.

Best part about being Primal: How I feel. Lots of energy, my mood has improved.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss pizza.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Czech Republic, Znojmo

Age (If you want):33 at this moment

How Primal are you: Trying to get as primal as possible, with the threshold of being the only one in his social circle

Do you consume dairy:Not in abundance

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea and some fresh grounded coffee once in a while

Motivator for switching to Primal: was getting close to 90 kg, then I realized something was not good

Favorite exercise:Took up MMA as 'Game', never plan to join a real competition, feel physically exhausted after a training, but gives me really a mental (primal) boost

Favorite Primal food: chocolate > 70% cacao

Best part about being Primal: Losing weight while having fun instead of gaining getting bored with shit exercises

Worst part about being Primal: My wife not agreeing the benefits(except for the not eating sugar part) thus I end up cooking double meals, one for me, one for the rest of the family.

Comment

• Your location: Maryland/DC Corridor

Age (If you want): 34 and a half.

How Primal are you: Pretty primal. Always fine tuning, though.

Do you consume dairy: Just made the decision to cut it out. Unless we're talking about an amazing piece of aged, hard cheese. Is that what we're talking about?

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was skinny-fat, weak and watched a good majority of my family succumb to diabetes. Does anyone really need a motivator?

Favorite exercise: I do a modified StrongLifts 5x5. Thinking of switching to Starting Strength for the Power Cleans. (I lift, bro.)

Favorite Primal food: Never met one I didn't like.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great.

Worst part about being Primal: Avoiding beer. We had such a great relationship before the breakup. <sniff sniff>

Comment

• Hi,

I am new to this forum, and new to the primal diet although I have been happily eating low carb for 2 years (and doing super fine) before cancer hit me bad. I stopped moving (had to at some times) and started pigging out on any foods I wanted cause I didnt care anymore.
                                Now that I really beat it all I want to find back into better eating and here I am.
                                I weigh roughly 80 pounds more than before I got sick, but what ist most crappy is just not being fit again.

Since I had no problems with low carb I expect the primal diet to be back into "happy foods". no more "sad eating" :-)

Your location: Germany

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: do not know yet ^^

Do you consume dairy: yes, good dairy. Cant go without it (yet ;-) )

Do you drink coffee or tea: none

Motivator for switching to Primal: better health, more satisfying food

Favorite exercise: dance dance revolution on the wii ^^

Favorite Primal food: chicken breast, tuna and avocado :-)

Best part about being Primal: feeling back on track again

Worst part about being Primal: we will see. As I lived low carb social events were the worst part. Not the temptation - didnt have a lot - but the "having to explain" part and all the "good advice" others felt obligated to give....

Comment

Working...
                                X